Rare Models Thread

Post rare models you think other people might not know about. Limited run stuff, things that Forge World discontinued, things that are tucked away in a dark corner on the GW website.

Attached - Ork Skwadron Commander. Limited edition, could only be purchased from GamesDay 2007.

Other urls found in this thread:

solegends.com/citle2000/blacklibrary/blstern/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd kill for warhammer 40k comic models

The Redeemer (Clovis specifically)

All of deff swadron

I guess you can make Tankurd since he's just a regular dreadnought

Redeemer and Malakev.

I don't think they made models for Deff Skwadron, did they?

Imperial pillbox. Forgeworld OOP.

Tyranid Brood Nest. Forgeworld OOP.

>it's made out of a lotus pod

Cityfight Scenery. Forgeworld OOP.

I really wanted to the get the omega, if i could today i'd buy five of them.

Outside of OP, no.

Unreleased citadel spearman, I'm lucky enough to own one despite it costing a small fortune.

>neat

I bought Marco Colombo a decade ago, and left the model in the blister. A check on ebay tells me it isn't worth much, even if its vaguely rare.

Ephrael Stern model. Old BL model. There's a few on ebay that go for hundreds of dollars.

Wish he had his own rules. Not sure what to run him as

What's the one in the front row with the brown hammer?

I'd love to have rules for her for the TT. The SOB getting a level 3 or 4 (I can't honestly remember what the 'Badass special character psyker' general level is) Biomancy Psyker would be interesting.

I have a fair few, used to collect them. The Kroot Bird, still kicking myself about not buying one at the time.

Actual rarest I have is probably the Chrome Marine sprue, handed out for 40k's 30th birthday I think.

Obviously they're more of an oddity than a nice model.

chinaman sells them still.

are you sure that isn't just a conversion of the sisters seraphim leader model?

>chrome plated
For what purpose?

it was a special thing for special people.
Obviously it seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was before the mad max movie, so they're shiny and chrome ;^)

>For what purpose?

Whyareeverythingnotthesame.exe

Vehicle crew models. A set of space marines to hang out on top of your rhino. There's also a set for IG.

I always loved models like this, gives a lot of character to your stuff, but I bet they sold like crap. Who would buy a set of guys that does exactly nothing on the table at today's GW prices?

Even FW stopped making stuff like this and things like the Tau pilot crew have gone OOP.

no, it was a special release. along with inquisitor stern. i want her, she's the only sob model i'm missing in my collection.

I loved stuff like the Valhallan tank riders, too. Vehicle crews were great, and I hope GW restart doing this stuff.

Forgeworld is making too much money on Horus Heresy to bother with cool stuff anymore.

Yeah, miss Forge World being the cool guys who filled in the gaps. Even five years ago. I remember sending off for a free catalogue and drooling over the kits within.

As popular as they are now, I'm surprised GW hasn't rolled their work up into the main Design Studio since they are that "mainstream" now.

That's a badass kill team!

I remember that bad boy, wish I had one.

It would be nice to see a FW drop pod.

I wanted a set of that stuff, but never snagged one. Ah well.

I'm surprised no one has posted the Legion of the Damned 'Sgt. Centurious' mini yet.

She should have wings like pic related.

Both models together.

An Ambull from the old Rogue Trader Days...

I don't know if they are rare now but in my tomb kings army I use a lot of skeletons from that set of the Dog of Wars cursed company, skaven skeletons, orc, lizardmen and a goblin drummer skeleton.

I also have a lot of mordheim miniatures, and I have the miniature that came with the warhammer online collectors edition.

Those look an awful lot like Necromunda Spyrer Yes wings

Yes they do. Since when has GW been above recycling things and/or over using the same style? I still stick by my original assertion that the model came with the winged pack. The pose instantly reminds one of the other jump pack Sisters assault troops.

She had a standard Seraphim jump pack.

solegends.com/citle2000/blacklibrary/blstern/index.htm

>solegends.com/citle2000/blacklibrary/blstern/index.htm

Thank you! I knew she came with a jump pack of some sort.

fuck these captchas are slow today

this one would have been awesome

The forgeworld SoB Repressor comes to mind.

It's a shame that chinacasters haven't been able to find an undamaged original to recast from.

I'd kill for a Tau orca, even a Chinese recast at this point. Unfortunately, even if they could get their hands on one it probably wouldn't be worth the resin to try and recast it. It was never popular for a reason, being a tremendously expensive kit that costs a ton of points on the table and does basically nothing.

note the hooker. seems she fell victim to censorship

that's actually a storm bolter

also seeing all these trainee test sculpts again makes me very sad

just like this warriorpriest

Eldar Bonesinger, Used one for my farseer conversion

Currently build a Tallarn army, why did you never release these GW, why?!

>she fell victim to censorship
yet back in the day, this was okay

>tfw we will never see new Armageddon Steel Legionnares

You'd think with the adding to Ghazgahull's story and Yarrick's backstory they would've done something for that, but nooo.

I think it's less censorship and more the fact that it's not as copyrightable. Malifaux has a similar undead hooker model.

>GW has these
>instead releases Scions

scions are cool

Also I believe those were done by applicants wanting to work for GW. They used to showcase all the trainee sculpts at games days.

Now what you should be mad about is the fact that they've had a cadian vet box in the works for like a decade now.

these were released, weren't they?

They have its called studio 2 they have literally giving fw plastic capabilities

man if only they gave scions storm bolters

or bikes

or anything to make them cool

Kariskins are still cannon if you that kind of faggot.

REGIMENTAL Storm Troopers

>storm bolters
Fuck that.

Give me a multilaser. I want maximum pew pew pew pew.

I don't think Scions are cool, and despite the fact that they have more options as far as masks, I don't think there's anything GW can do to change that for me when I liked the old vaguely spec ops look so much.

GW could do so much to make scions "muh operator IG" but they failed on both lore and ideas

I like the models though

yes the last thing the guard needs is to have to carry more ammo. We need lasguns, laspistols, lascannons, hotshot laspistols, hotshot lasguns, hotshot lascannons, multlas, and hotshot volleys, and most of all we need them in as many colors as possible.

The tyranids can blot out the sun but we shall rave in the shade.

I think they should get a fuck load of pistols or maybe special autoguns.

maybe even some fucking phospex I mean they are IG black ops

More like she was from Mordheim, and as every character from that game, she was trashed.
ITT best elf.

I can't find any pics or the old mail order catalogue. But they used to do a rowboat girlyman and leman Russ model years ago. RG was sitting in a chair and LR had his two wolves with him

that was calgar, actually

and russ, for completeness sake

Thanks mate. I couldn't find them. There was a whole mail order catalogue, which had loads of weird space marine models. Thunder warriors, mk8 errant armour, so long ago I have forgotten most.

I couldn't be assed to look through stuff of legends, but they have most of the old catalogues in relatively decent quality.

I wish I'd stumbled upon this before posting those two shitty images.

There are 200 of these in all of existence. The only one to ever be sold on eBay went for $165 USD. And this one is mine. It is a good feeling.

I need to get my ass busy and paint it.

is it for GuildBall?

>tfw I wish I kept my Tallarn Forgeworld Rough Riders
>tfw all I kept when I had to sell them was a single officer and squad.

Yup, it's a limited edition Mist sculpt. Only way to get one is to participate in an officially sponsored tournament and either win the tournament or lose to the winner of the tournament in the first round. Guess how I got mine...

>not cloning it and then selling it

The Tallarn ones are the ones riding fucking dinosaurs right?

Yeah those bad boys

Got this guy at gencon about 10 years ago.

do you have his fire dragon bodyguards?

Fighting them was fucking bullshit with a regular gang, by the way.

>Trypophobia

I have that backpack cloak floating around, deciding who should get it, Lias Issodon?

To me, scions are perfect inquisitorial stormtroopers.

Say that to the actual Inquisitorial Stormtrooper models.

The helmets ruin an otherwise excellent model.

That is a shit model omg 100!!!!!!$ssss

My scions guns will go into storage until I figure out what I or gw wants stormtroopers 2.0 to really be medic n phone n some other bits to good use chests r good for renegades not much els

But the helmets are what i love the most.

Sure, the masks are a bit wonky, and I can't find a decently painted one for the life of me, but they look so much cooler than the Scions vague helmet-masks with pips leading to nowhere.

It looks even better in the art. None of this over-ornate stuff.

I'm really not fond of the puffy padded undersuit/collar. It has a certain unique charm, but it always just makes them look stumpy in models. I would have liked them much better if they looked like this.

The collar looks bad, but I actually like the puffy suit. Makes it look protective, not just cloth.

If they could've given it the quality of the Elysian Drop Troops, it'd look perfect. But for GW metal minis, I admit, it does not look good as it is.

I love the bug-eyed masks honestly, they've got a lot of character

savage orc big boss wielding Forgebreaker