The Horus Heresy: Burning of Prospero

>The Horus Heresy: Burning of Prospero
>Bjorn the Fell-Handed
>Ahzek Ahriman
>5 x Adeptus Custodes
>5 x Tartaros-pattern Terminators
>30 (?) x Mk.III Iron-pattern Space Marines

If the box is anything like Betrayal at Calth, this is going to be a ridiculous value - but will GW keep the $150 price point? Or, after Calth's success, will they get greedy?

The mohawk custodes mini is a special custodes fag I believe.

If the Custodies are just single pose miniatures I will be incredibly disappointed.

That will mean that buying it results in 7 models useless for anyone wanting to just buy this for expanding their legion.
>inb4 "just sell those or trade them"
no wolf fags or Sons fags in my area, and the few I know would just buy this set anyway. The HQs from Calth were perfect for converting or using in other legions, not these special character bullshit... It should have been a generic librarian and a preator or centurion...

After 2 Battle of Calth sets I already have 30 Tacticals, 20 Veterans, 2 five man Devastators and 10 terminators.

I don't see why this set would give so much of the same shit. I can only hope the MkIII will be made with new roles, like breachers and assault marines... otherwise what is the goddamn point besides just the aesthetics.

Its not even out yet and it feels already like a waste of an opportunity...

Supposedly a Custodes sergeant-equivalent.

They are single pose.

Every single special character or clampack mini is single pose now.

I think Space Wolves without helmets and with those shitty haircuts and beards are absolutely retarded.

>otherwise what is the goddamn point besides just the aesthetics
The aesthetics are the entire point. Forge World had been printing money by releasing various different patterns of armor for years, already - so GW wants to widen that net by bringing the Forge World range into their stores, rather than limit themselves to the high-end niche hobbyists that Forge World caters to.

Calth gave you Maximus armor and Tigris bolters, Prospero will give you Iron armor and Phobos bolters; plus Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators, respectively, each with their own weapon options. There may be different options on the sprue but I would expect most of it to be fairly standard fare; flamer, melta, plasma guns, missile launcher, heavy bolter or flamer.

Yes, they're all just Space Marines and Terminators, but, frankly, so are the Aquila and Indomitus suits you get in the regular 40k range. If it wasn't about aesthetics, they wouldn't release the models at all.

I don't disagree about Ahriman and Bjorn, though. I'm a Dornfag through and through so I've got zero use for either of them.

> otherwise what is the goddamn point besides just the aesthetics

you do know you're playing warhammer right...

>Bjorn and Ahriman
>Not Magnus and Russ

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Primarchs should be rare, not included in a starter box everyone will have.

This. We've already seen Forge World's Leman Russ and their Magnus probably isn't far behind.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Word is that it's not Bjorn, because they retconned his ass to a mook bolter marine on Prospero.

I doubt it's going to be 30 MkIIIs. 5 custodes are not equal to a monopose contemptor. It's likely we only get 20 tacticals, 10 per side, with terminators on dindu side and custodes on loyalist side. I'm ok with that, 20 is all I need.

I know where I'm putting that WD slaughterpriest into.

So what is the freebie this month?
The Blooddeathskullmurderer from last month looked pretty nice, but not quite nice enough to get WD for.

What the fuck is up with these new factions
>space cops
>space engineers
Now
>space janitors

Also why are they all Imperium?

Dunno, they'rer selling the Calth Contemptor for sixty bucks on his own. I'd need to see the Custodes more closely to judge but while the do appear to be on 50mm bases, their sprues aren't likely be more complex than the Terminators'.

And they're supposed to kick ass. I don't think ten marines and ten Terminators will be enough to deal with them.

They're on 40mm, pretty sure. 50mms are huge, and you can compare the custodes bases with the 30mm marine ones in the image.

There are two Tartaros-pattern Terminators on the left side of the cover, adjacent to the Custodes, and their bases are noticeably different sizes. Mohawk Custode also seems to be head-and-shoulders taller than the Terminator.

I'm thinking more in terms of box content. The contemptor was a single sprue, even terminators are two sprues minimum. Unless the custodes are monopose snapfit, they'd take more than a single sprue. Also, I highly doubt GW's gonna indulge us the same way they did with BaC. Now it's time to make money.

>they're supposed to kick ass

So are marines and they're still just S4 T4 W1 dudes with a 3+ save on the board.

>Mohawk Custode also seems to be head-and-shoulders taller than the Terminator.

So are ogryns and they're on 40mm bases. Most terminators would fit a 32mm base perfectly well, so they're not that massive.

For what it's worth, a box of five Stormcast Eternals Paladin's currently retails for $58, and they're the models most closely analogous to the Custodes in size and apparent complexity. I would not put it past GW to price standalone Custodes like Centurions, but my instinct tells me that none of these boxes will ever contain a lot that's individually with more than $65.

Possible. For some time I had been looking into converting Stormfag Siegmarines into custodes once FW gives them rules, but now that we're getting plastic minis for them, I guess I don't have to.

I wonder what their squad sizes will be and how they'll fit into hover rhinos, if those ever will be a thing. If they're bulky and 5 members minimum, no chance of fitting a character into a transport (story of my life when it comes to terminators and not wanting a spartan).

I'm thinking 20 mk3 marines as you get 5 bulky custodes, but this will be offset by marines having breacher shields and close combat weapons
Also Laurie Golding said its not Bjorn, as he only rises to prominence because he's the one guy of the squad the daemon dosent kill
Also £100 not £90 like calth was

Not Bjorn, some other leader
Also it's probably the guy Ahriman possesses rather than Ahriman himself as we need glorious resin for the one that did no wrong

If you mean for October we have no idea
But the November issue let's you play as the white dwarf in total war Warhammer, and you get like 33% off the unit dlc

>For what it's worth, a box of five Stormcast Eternals Paladin's currently retails for $58, and they're the models most closely analogous to the Custodes in size and apparent complexity.

Stormcast are way bigger.

Not based on's pic, they're not.

Spacewolves with out helmet is fluffy. In every story they use their sense of smell as much if not more then their eyes or ears. They even described them "smelling" the mood of their squad mates. It's pretty unique to them.

I have to agree on how retarded some of the hair/beards look like. And with release like the new wulfen models from last year, I fear it will only get worse when/if they get updated.

As for 30k, you're free to use generic helmets/armor for your yiffs.

Only model I got without a helmet is the praetor, because I couldn't find a catapharctii helmet that's not just the top half.

They are. The Custodes aren't very big in there.

You might want to get your eyes checked, those Custodes are enormous.

They are nowhere near Paladin size.
They're slightly bigger than the Marine beside them.

That's a Tartaros-pattern Terminator and he towers over it. The marines are all in the foreground and even if they weren't, you can see their bases; the Custodes fill what is at least a 40mm Terminator base and is more likely a 50mm Centurion base, edge-to-edge.

Oh but we do know what's on the October issue: a free comic book.

I hope december is a free miniature again. Don't they know we only want miniatures?

dude, it's not hard to convert Single-pose minis into other forms or shapes.

If you look at the nobody bolter marine on the 32mm just below the custodes, you can see their bases are not that much bigger.

>he towers over it

I dont see it, it looks more like Custodes are the same size as Terminators but leaner, their bases look the same. We'll know for sure in a month or so.

Have they cracked that fucking game yet?

>Ahriman
>plastic tartaros terminators and iron armor
I NEEED IT

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

BABY RUTH!!!

You're right but fuck, this is reminding me of the whole "wulfen are s3" thing based on poor quality leaks.

I still think Custodes are in 40mm base but leaner than terminators so they occupy less base.

Well, this is clearly GW fucking with us. There is no reason for anyone to have November's issue of White Dwarf when October's isn't even out for another week and a half.

I hope the Custodes have tapered leg armour, it looks as if they have the bell bottom shit like normal marines?

Planning on starting a Sons of Horus army after fiddling around with Iron Hands for ages. Any advice on how to do this? What do the XVI Legion do best, and how can I make use of this?

>Any advice on how to do this? What do the XVI Legion do best

Drop pod assault and going for the throat, use the Long March if you want a more standard army othwerwise get ready to be as close to your opponent as possible to get your bonuses.

user, Laurie Goulding confirmed that it's not Bjorn or Ahriman.

FW has repeatedly said that Bjorn will not be in 30k.

>not Ahriman

Then somebody must explain to me why the model looks almost exactly like his 30k art. Or just where he said it, because I've only seen him deny Bjorn.

>FW has repeatedly said that Bjorn will not be in 30k.

He's in it, they just haven't given him rules because they retconned him into a nobody (while giving other nobodies rules).

They can call them Lupus Yiffson and Egypto Magicguy and it wouldn't matter. It's Bjorn and Ahriman.

So drop pod assault rite of war? Should I take maloghurst to get vets as troops and pod them?

Sorry, he's only said that it's not Ahriman. Though, Ahriman's 30k art has him wearing a feather cloak, rater than a regular cape. Plus, it's highly unlikely that someone as important as Ahriman is being made in plastics instead of FW's resin Character Series.

>He's in it, they just haven't given him rules because they retconned him into a nobody (while giving other nobodies rules).
Yes, he's in 30k, but that's not important. Those other nobodies are somebodies during the heresy.

But Super Satan, it's not Bjorn or Ahriman though. Well, it's not Bjorn, and it's highly unlikely it's not Ahriman.

Ask more in the 30k general, they can help you out better. Maloghurst is awesome though.

They won't give Bjorn rules to piss off whiny autists like you. Just take a fucking centurion with a lightning claw if you want to use the cunt.

IF you want sure, vets get to take anvillus pods as dedicated in a SoH list so could run another RoW if you wanted while still being able to drop pod in.

Its up to you, personally I dont think the only bad idea for a SoH army is to go gunline.

>he's only said that it's not Ahriman

Where did he say this? Give us a sauce.

Shoot, I screwed up my post again! He only said that it's not Bjorn.

I'm hungry, user.

>stating facts
>whiny autism

Nice projection.

>Lupus Yiffson
>Egypto Magicguy
These are gold.