Veeky Forums! The Gellar Field generator is going to fail in 10 posts! The tech priests say they can't fix it...

Veeky Forums! The Gellar Field generator is going to fail in 10 posts! The tech priests say they can't fix it, what are we going to do?

I'll let you know in 9 posts time.

Pray to the emprah.

Perhaps dubs can fix this?

Don't post? ...Shit.

Then someone get us to real space wherever the fuck, pronto. I'd rather be stranded in space than in the Warp. Go ask the techpriests if shooting the warp drive with the big melta will be enough to punch us back to realspace.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolling to melta warp drive.

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS, LITTLE ONE

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Percussive maintenance!

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS

Howdy.

Well I for one welcome our new Daemon overlords.

>damage gellar field
>loyalists fix it but fuck up their warp drive to kick themselves into realspace
JUST AS PLANNED.

Wow, huh. Crisis averted.

>69
SLAANESHI CULTIST ONBOARD
THEY'RE THE ONES WHO TAMPERED WITH THE GELLAR FIELD

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Percussive maintenance!

IS IT TIME FOR LOVE AND PEACE?

DON'T TRUST THIS POST THEY ARE A STEALTH SLAANESHI CULTIST!

KHORNATE CHAMPION ON BOARD

uh... just drop into realspace? After all it's just the Gellar field that's failing - the engine should be able to take us out of the warp as per usual.

Why did no one just say 'drop into realspace.'? The closest we got was 'shoot the warp drive with a melta gun' - which isn't quite the same thing.

Still a valid response even after the Gellar field has failed and daemons have breached the ship, btw. Once in realspace any daemons who haven't found hosts will quickly dissipate. Then it's just a question of getting some marines together and hunting down anyone unfortunate enough to have been possessed.

It's fine, thanks to the heroic actions of Techpriest Bateman they got the gellar field working again.

Oh god, what about our rations? Has the warp tainted our rations?!

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Let's roll for it and see.

That's a lucky number if I ever saw one. Our rations are perfectly fine.

Because shooting it with a melta seems more like canon for the 40k universe...

>what are we going to do?

Dont panic and stay at your post!
Armsmen be readied to repell boarders!
Bridge staff; prepare to drop back into normal space first chance we get.
Navigator: Have you got a good spot picked out for us?

>boarders
why do you assume they want to board when they can just turn the entire ship to a fuck.

It's more fun?

Rolled 10 (1d20)

I am gonna see if I can fix the Gellar Field generator. Wish me luck.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolling to wish you luck.

Boarding means you can get more booty (literal and metaphorical), take enemies alive, and even capture the ship itself.

All that stuff is valuable, and ff you destroy or seriously damage the ship, that means you might lose most of it. However, destroying the ship might be better if you're not interested in plunder. Again, whether or not you want to board depends on your priorities.

And it's fun too.

jump ship to a good franchise