Which Chaos Legion/Warband does the Blood Angels have the largest hate-boner for?

Which Chaos Legion/Warband does the Blood Angels have the largest hate-boner for?

What about the other loyalist Chapters?

Considering building a diorama with a loyalist Dreadnought and a Chaos Dreadnought/Helbrute at some point, so trying to find a good match.

Black Legion. They killed daddy!

>Which Chaos Legion/Warband does the Blood Angels have the largest hate-boner for?

Black Legion, because Abaddon holds the Talon of Horus, which slew Sanguinius at the Siege of Terra.

As far as genuine grudge matches between Marine chapters/warbands, I can think of

>BA vs BL
>BA vs WE (maybe)
>UM vs WB
>SW vs TS
>GK vs every chaos marine
>DA vs [spoilers]loyalists[/spoilers]
>IF vs IW

Also; Iron Hands vs Emperor's Children
Possibly Night Lords vs Raven Guard.
Possibly Imperial Fists vs Black Legion.
Possibly Salamanders, Iron Hands and Raven Guard vs every Chaos Legion present at Isstvan V.

Alpha Legion and Ultramarines HATE each other.

>Talon of Horus

The Talon of Horus's weapon spirit drives the Blood Angels mad with grief and rage. They cannot fight rationally when they feel its presence.

>c.811.M37 - The Ghost War

>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants – the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras – the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.

>With his Chapter devastated, the Chaplain endures weeks of hardship in the wilderness and the constant trials of keeping his crazed warriors undetected on Mackan. When the time is right, Jorus leads his Death Company in a lightning raid behind enemy lines, butchering the unprepared sworn warriors of the Despoiler’s honour guard, and allowing the Reclusiarch to lock blades with Abaddon himself. It is said the Warmaster still bears the scars of that battle, even three millennia later.

>Whatever the truth of the matter, it is known that the Despoiler honoured Jorus once the war was over – perhaps in mockery, or perhaps with nothing but sincerity. After Mackan, hundreds of Blood Angels corpses were desecrated, their gene-seed ruined beyond recovery. Of all the Chapter, only a handful of bodies were left undefiled: Reclusiarch Jorus and his Death Company, clad in their battered and broken black ceramite, seated in makeshift thrones made from the armour of those Black Legion warriors they had killed on that fateful night.

Name any other Imperials that Abaddon honoured? You can't.

> Red is bad

DA/SW- Lion and the Wolf
DA/NL- Thramas
EC/NL- Fulgrim betraying Curze's visions
IW/IF- Obvious
SW/TS- Hypocrisy/Hubris
IF/NL- Dorn beating the shit out of Curze, the merits of humanity
WE/UM- 'Oh perfect son'
DG/TS- Mortarion's adopted father
AL/WE- ????

Additionally, some that are not covered in the matrix:
SoH/RG- Horus adopting and being a bad influence on the early Legion
SoH/BA- Sanguinius is kill
RG/IW- Gate 13
RG/AL- Ravendelve and the geneseed theft
EC/IH- Ferrus Manus
UL/AL- Codex vs improvisation, merit vs showboating
UL/WB- Monarchia, Calth
DG/Sa- Nothing expressly written, but obvious conflict of ideology
RG/IH/SA against NL/AL/WB/IW- Dropsite

>Name any other Imperials that Abaddon honoured? You can't.
That's because Abaddon refuses to fight the Ultramarines.

His dark heart aches in sadness at the fact that he can never truly honor the teachings of the great Primarch.

Not so. Abaddon, like Space Marines of all stripes, acknowledges Marneus Calgar as his spiritual liege.

shit overplayed legion/first founding chapter

But that's the Ultramarines.

Have you got a better suggestion?

mourning sons

>abaddon has a poster of calgar in his bedchambers, and cries himself to sleep each night because he knows he'll never be able to follow his example

Fists/Iron Warriors
Ultramarines/Word Bearers or Alpha Legion
Space Wolves/Thousand Sons
Maybe World Eaters for the Blood Angels? I don't know

I think these ancient grudges/rivalries are my favorite part of SM/CSM lore. The 10,000 year old saga of revenge and hatred. Really plays into Astartes being larger than life figures, with gigantic melancholics and gigantic mirths.

>Homebrew chapter
No thanks. Maybe if they had a good paintjob, or existed outside of four-or-so long forgotten threads.

iron hands/emp's children sonic dreadnaught locked in combat with an interred iron father

>Fists/Iron Warriors
That's another one I'm considering. Partly because they're both badass chapters/Legions, have nice, contrasting colour schemes, and because they'd both be relatively easy to scratch-build from non-faction kits (Unlike say Dark Angels who tend to have a shitton of unique, detailed stuff that's probably beyond my skills to recreate)

I'd suggest Ultramarines and Word Bearers for similar reasons that you descibed.

Just take two Ultramarines dreads and say it's Ultramarines vs Alpha Legion

Yeah, those might work too. Though I'm not a huge fan of Word Bearers.

Another advantage of Iron Warriors and Word Bearers is (I think) they tend to be less Chaosy (I.e, no Helbrute levels of warp rape applied) in apperance.

>"Ancient Theokles fights Ancient Theokles over who is the real Ancient Theokles
>Two identical Dreadnoughts fighting

Well, an Iron Warrior did make the Daemonculaba

The IW tend to be more utilitarian in appearance, the Word Bearers often have ornate chaotic decorations.

DA fight Night Lords.

Why is the Talon so underpowerd in the rules?
It's a 10k year old relic that drives Master Sorcerers insanse just by looking at it?
Also how and why did it fucking get relegated to a better Lightning Claw over the millenia?

New Abbadon better have Horus+++ stats. He rekt his clone for breakfast.

>SW vs TS

It's not a grudge match if the Transexual Sons get beaten every fucking time

Angron saluted that Space Wolf dude on Armageddon, that was pretty badass.

Also didn't Abaddon show Sigismund some form of respect?

Ssshhhh, let GW have their narrative.

Every time the SW and TS meet does it remind everyone else of a loony toon or something?

>TS come up with some retardedly complicated plan
>ambush a bunch of drunk SW's
>SW get shit pushed in for a bit until one guy get's extra drunk
>leads drunken charge into center of TS formation
>retard strength's some faggot TS psyker forcing them to retreat
>SW's go back to drinking heavily and laugh their asses off at the TS' faggotry

> Talon has Shred/AP2 and Disabling Strike- Every unsaved Wound permanently reduces the victims WS and S. This effect is cumulative.
> Drach'Nyen gains S:D
> Attacks can be mixed between the Claw and Sword as desired
> Combi-Bolter fires shells at S5/AP3/Ass3/TL

> Gains Orbital Strike
> Gains Reserves Manipulation, Outflanks his dudes and reduces Scatter
> Can Sieze the Initiative on a 4+ and rerolls for FIrst Turn
> Because he's the Warmaster

His weapons and title demand him to be crazy expensive. At the same time, he is limited by his speed. He therefore needs to contribute more than being a simple beatstick and can influence the game whether he's cracking heads or commanding, because he's the Warmaster.

He should basically be the Chaos equivalent of Marneus Calgar for vanilla marines. A ridiculously costed, combat monster who contributes to the game in a very personal manner. Which is basically what you're describing.

(I don't play a lot of 40k anymore so forgive me if this isn't what Calgar does these days)

Do a 30k Diorama of two Contemptors fighting eachother, the Iron Warriors one with two chainfists with Graviton guns and a havoc launcher on his back, with the IF one having ?, and ?. Make both of then the legion specific contemptors as well.

>Contemptor
>Two of them
Maybe if I was a rich man. I was planning on them ripping each other appart pretty good (sarchophagus plate being partly torn off and goo dripping out kind of stuff) and I don't care to start cutting into a Forge World model.

Ah, I see. Only about $124 for two legion specifics and arms from FW, if I remember correctly.

Though, I understand you what you mean. I was thinking of doing a little diorama by ordering a hueg base and putting some units on there, facing eachother as if about to enter combat. Sort of like how FW does their dioramas, in a way that you can easily take the models of of the superbass, as they're already on their regular base beforehand.

>tfw it's almost cheaper to buy the contemptors from FW, and get whatever arms you want for them.
Why GW, why?

>Because he's the Warmaster
thing is, unlike horus, abaddon doesn't really give a fuck about that shit

he's a musclehead who leaves the thinking to all those faggot nerds

I don't think you can stay Warmaster for ten thousand years (or whatever passes for that amount of time in the Warp) without being smart. Just see what happens to like 80% of all the RAAAEEEGG Chaos lords in various media, they get killed/replaced by Sorcerors and other scheming bastards.

>I don't think you can stay Warmaster for ten thousand years without being smart
He's definitely capable of browbeating others into submission, but tactically he's never really shown any brilliance. It's all relying on the plans and prophecies of others.

Yeah, the plastic Contemptors are utterly pointless unless you can get them for a lot cheaper than GW retail. And at least GWs Castaferrum variants have something resembling a pose to them by default, rather than looking like the bog standard CAD model.