40k General

>Alien communism edition

>mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
>games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
>dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>>Forgeworld Book index
>dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
>mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>Secret rules database, only for new shit that's mising above, don't spread it around.
>mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>previous thread

I'm working on "cleaning up" the 40k tactics, and was wondering Veeky Forums's opinion.

Do we want to link the stuff by template, similar to how Battlecollege has a sidebar for WMH?

Do we want to create "general" tactics pages for certain Special Rules? (Ex: How to use & how to Counter Hit & Run?), or for understanding "Power Formations?"

Etc?

I like the sidebar, the issue is whether it works for 1d4 in general, not just the wargame section.

WHERE'S THE TRANSPORT + FLIER Veeky Forums YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A TRANSPORT + FLIER!

I heard you can take IG shit; you can probably take one of theirs.

If not, this is supposed to be a 2 week release, might not be leaked yet.

its a multi-week release. Calm the fuck down

It's right there you
you
Double xeno

The Emperor goes "fuck it" and sends Russ instead of Gulliman after Lorgar. How much everything does this fix?

Is step four

First we must fight bourgeois oppressors with knife and stubber and grind their warmachines to a halt with our blood and bones.

the fact GW conflates communists with subversive anti-human alien termites is a wonderful thing

Power tool wielding hybrids when?

You must fight and claim the engines of labor for yourself

>TFW that's the new Repressor and Arbites release is hot on their heels.

>Wolves suicide themselves vs the Word Bearers.
>Ultramarines are left alone, stronger than ever and barely bloodied during the Heresy
>Gulliman and the Ultramarines is sent for Magnus instead Russ and the Wolves, because their numbers being too depleted from the Word Bearers
>Gulliman doesn't believe Horus's change of orders.
>Meets with Magnus. Brings the Sons peacefully to Terra.
>Emperor leaves Magnus to man the Golden Throne instead of Malcador.
>Malcador is still around.

I rate noblebright/grimdark
So no go

I thought it was comparing them more to radical Christians than to commies.

Do the GS cults know they will be eaten when the Nids arrive or are they deluded?

Not too long ago, a newbie to 40k asked if there were any Space Marine chapters that fit the "Space Russkie" archetype more than others, the same way the Ultramarines are Space Graeco-Romans, the White Scars Space Mongols, the Crimson Fists Space Spaniards, etc.

However, there really wasn't anything that fit the mold. True, you could probably run a very "Sleeping Bear" Space Wolf army I guess, and the Imperial Fists did have Chapter Master Vladimir Kulich, but beyond that, it's mostly the Imperial Guard that get the Russkie Hats.

Veeky Forums has created several homebrew chapters of note. From the Brotherhood Of The Gauntlet being analogues to "Golden Age Medieval Islam" Space Marines, to the "Screaming Eagles" being the most AMERICA! of Space Marines...

...what's stopping us from making an army of Space Russians? Other than deciding on what their specialization would be, that is. Would they be a more "medieval" image of armored heavy cavalry archers (Space Boyars or so), or would they have an unhealthy fascination with Heavy Weapons ("Who Touch Sasha?")

Some do some don't varies with the cult.

>Horus reports to the Emperor that Guilliman refuses to do as ordered
>Emperor sanctions Horus to do whatever is necessary to bring the, now two, fuckups under control at any price.
>Magnus goes full Daemon and Guilliman goes full veg a lot earlier.

How did you get that impression? Sure, there is a bit of religious diction in the cultists words, but that same type of discourse isn't uncommon in communisim as well, just with the state in place of a deity.

I hope we get an Arbites release after this. I want to ally them with my Inquisition/Scion army.

>...what's stopping us from making an army of Space Russians?

The IG already exists.

>>Horus reports to the Emperor that Guilliman refuses to do as ordered
Not possible. If that was to occur, horus changing the orders would soon be revealed to the emperor, which fucks over the plan for the heresy. Plus, why would magnus betray robot gilla monster, who just decided to take him alove and peacefully, fall to chaos for apparently no reason, and then join horus, the guy who ordered for the sons and magnus to be killed, a change of orders magnus would most certainly be aware of?
If anything, we'd see the sons and ultras teaming up against the forces horus sent against the ultras.
Which would actually be pretty cool.

They are an oppressed working class who rebel against the Imperial bourgeois
>there is a bit of religious diction in the cultists words
There's A LOT of religious fanaticism in GCs. ISIS wishes they could be on that level of crazy

Shit, I completely misunderstood that last point.
Still, no reason for him to go deamon. Plus a ultras and sons team up would be a force to be reckoned with, not something that would cause girlyman to go full veg by losing.

>There's A LOT of religious fanaticism in GCs. ISIS wishes they could be on that level of crazy
Yes, but nothing that seems paticularlly christian in nature, as far as I can tell

Credit where it's due, that trailer was pretty good and got the hype juices flowing for this release.

They're Evangelical.

Yeah, but which brand of communism are we talking about and how it is different from Tau? Stalinists, Maoists, Leninists, Troskyst...

>One single mention to labor.
>Communist.

Well you can look at the Tyranids as God and the Patriarch as Jesus and they need to purge the unclean for when the fated day comes and the world is cleansed.

They're all scum that need to die for the god-emperor of mankind.

Patriarchal communism

Not really seeing anything christian here. Muslim extremists ar the killy ones, Christian extremists are converty.

>whole speech is about the workers rising up against their rulers
>one mention
They're commies.

It is possible. It's not like he has to be sincere when reporting the the Emperor, just make shit up. Or even better, don't; he holds the same position in the military as the Emperor as War Master, he doesn't have to seek confirmation on orders anymore.

>Christians secretly want to kill everyone, it's the same as all religions!
*tips fedora*

looking forward to the new vechile. my hate of the chimera may soon fade looks like a taurox second attempt. currently thinking about transporting my imperial/punk armys around in fliers thou.

beside buying a bunch of plastic dinosaws to base stuff off or buying a bunch of firetrucks and orking them up what other 40k hacks exist beside obvious ones.?

Well MODERN Christian extremists aren't too bad, except for those Westboro baptists crazies who are only held back by fear of repercussions.

It's the same with any group of people who believe a particular thing, if they are relatively small in number or their actions are policed heavily, then they wont do shit out of fear. But when they grow in strength they get braver.

Just look at the Crusades for what uncontrolled Christian shitters can do.

does buying a wall of maryters and cutting it up so you can use it as defence lines count .. theres a army list possible in crusade imperialus that gives you like 52 defence lines on the board or some thing crazy. basically build your own zone mortalis list. + mass guard.

>tfw browsing tyranid models when mum comes to talk to me and tells me my posture looks like that model
>It's a fucking genestealer

Here's a 40k hack: Stop being poor.

I guess building zone mortalis out of plastic downpipe is pretty hack.

Christians in antiquity to early-mid medieval times were extremely converty.

It sounds more like the typical christian cult vs the corrupt and faithless Roman patricians.

Why do people claim the Night Lords books are "good" when they're about aimless edgelords?

Commies are subtle and decietful bastards. That's how they'll get ya

No shit. Else, it would have died out like any tiny cult.

Join us brother and accept the light of the Hive Mind into your heart.

Go to your local store/party group and start stealing their models and selling on ebay

You might also take dices, "borrowing" codexes and do not returning them etc.

Then you can start your Tau army

There are some cheap 3rd party guardsmen models

It wasn't a "tiny cult" during 11th century.

Kek,time to purge the xeno

>#BlackLivesMatter is really a genestealer cult
now it all makes sense

The crusades were a defensive action,from what Veeky Forums says

>$40 for 5 models that cost 7 points apiece

Whatever these Metamorph things are they better be worth fielding. Otherwise it's time to buy up all the Overkill boxes I can.

Admech Necrons ... Dwarf Tau and maybe skaven nids are all the hacks I can think of. Dino elder/race or ORks loot / orks dino are the main ones done thou. I guess lots of people do guards man hack with weird company mini but that's the main citadel I collect. next uber GW hack I'm considering is stormcast SM mk3 hybrid armor with swappable sholders/weapon arms. but not sure if that pure heresy. the idea of having a sorta generic plated army you could just leave in a display cabnet endlessly fighting at the portal under the thrown and be used in aos or 40k sound like a bit of a uber hack. but you would have to build your mk3 with head and body and separate arms and chest like in the new kits. building stormcast as like sister of battle golums is another good idea I think.

WE WUZ TYRANIDS N SHIEEET

This^

Horus was literally the Warmaster, everything he says is as if the Emperor said it. Guilliman has no reason to doubt him and no authority to override him.

Patriarch Soros with Open Borders for xenos policy.

European-muslim hybrids sabotaging in europe waiting for ISIS to come - damn, too much /pol/ now i want my gcult even more. Get hype

also so like theres genestealer cultists chaos cultists and then militia and cultists. one being nid era modern 40k one being semi old era CSM 40k and one being 30k era. do you think at some point CSM is going to become more "historic" than nids and genestealers and just no longer be the main enemy and that will all sorta become a 30k history lesson thing. some thing about the CSM update is spooky like its becoming a chapter of SM rather than its own thing (Long long term.)

You can look at nids as donald trump and the cults as pepe

>Just look at the Crusades for what uncontrolled Christian shitters can do.
>thinking the Crusades were an unprovoked assault and not a defensive retaliation

The great Islamic expansion wars is what your looking for. That was real convert by the sword shit.

I mean like ultimately Genestealer ... Chaos Renegades and Ork Looters all do about the same thing to imperium. how could you make universal Infested/corrupted/looted vechiles of the imperium?

because sure theres some cross over between genestealer and Chaos lootage being allculty but not so much ork. would you have to go retro space ork. what would a ork creapy cult writing look like. I'm guessing some thing like bonespliters. or are orks just 2dumb to cult.

I don't know why, but I'm digging that vehicle. I really want that for my IG

You forget it was the Word Bearers' fault that Horus even fell in the first place.

The Crusade against the Uyammid and SOME of the actions in Eastern Europe were good, but the rest was just pointless killing and looting.

The People's crusade was just a fuckup from start to finish and the actual crusade that followed did more damage to the Byzantines than the Muslims.

A distinct facet of the Ork greenstealers is that they tend to like orks more than tyranids, as in the tyranid hive mind, master of all genetics, is INCAPABLE of breeding out the orkiness, this leads to greenstealer cults actually fighting back or corrupting the tyranids who've come to eat them.

no, chaos is the greatest evil

>pointless killing and looting

killing and looting was the point

Nothing wrong with asking for some "spiritually uplifting" amount of gold.

Mate, Stormcasts are larger than Terminators, much less MkIII.

>YFW the 4th crusade gets to Constantinople, jewel of the world
>decides to sac the city
>sets off the major decline of the Byzantine empire

The first few were pretty solid motivation wise, the rest were just profiteering from warfare as usual.

>2016
>still claiming the crusades were horrible unprovoked wars caused by Christians and not defensive actions against the muslim expansions
Please learn history before you try and speak about it.

>but the rest was just pointless killing and looting.
It's war. That's how it goes. But how does the actions of the soldiers lie at the feet of Christianity? By that logic, anything or anyone to ever engage in war is bad.

That's why you never trust the Venetians. God damn peninsula jews.

>It's the same with any group of people who believe a particular thing, if they are relatively small in number or their actions are policed heavily, then they wont do shit out of fear. But when they grow in strength they get braver.
So why are tiny fringe groups like WBBC doing crazy shit, while the Catholic Church isn't, even though it's the largest denomination in the world, larger than any country, and has members making up many high ranking postions throughout the world? That would seem to disprove your theory.

>Wolves suicide themselves vs the Word Bearers.
Even Wolves are better than the shitiest legion, word bearers are shit and would be cutted to smittens by the Wolves, I mean the fucking word bearers have no fucking redeemable things before chaos and manage to fuck things at calth even with such upper hand, they would had just been destroyed if they were forced to face Wolves by their own.

I just fucking hate those guys, I'm more of an iron warrior if I were to choose a traitor legion.

>Wolf fags actually believe this
>After losing all of their major conflicts in the HH

Man, Wolf fags are just the worst...

Hi guys, I'm not sure that this is the right place but I was looking into starting an Ork army (yeah, I know) and I wanted to ask if getting 2 start collecting, 2 truks and a warboss was a solid base to start with. Any ideas?

>I just fucking hate those guys, I'm more of an iron warrior if I were to choose a traitor legion.
Then what's your loyalist legion?

Word Bearers don't have all the sorcerous bullshit stockpiled like the Thousand Sons did.

What's more troubling to me is that everyone thinks they're the weakest legion when they clearly aren't. Sorcery is bullshit OP hax and we all know it.

Trukk mobs are not great, neither are trukks themselves. You use them for delivering/protecting stuff like Tankbustas or Mega Armored Nobz, but you don't need very many.

Word Bearers fucked nothing up at Calth.
They "lost" because they weeded out the hot-blooded in their Legion, and because they killed in a ritualistic manner. Everything happened as planned to bring forth the Ruinstorm.
Get fucked, Furfag

>Wolves fail to kill Magnus
>Even with Sisters of Silence
>Custodes Support
>After magnus purposely sabotaged his own defenses and abandoned his legion

Wolves are the worst.

The word bearers were the most efficient planet takers at the end of the heresy, fucked up the Ultramarines royally with only half the numbers, summon demons before marines even understand the concept. Have an insanely massive fleet. Huge numbers.

Wolves are fucked 10 ways to sunday, Its a shame Angron went fucking nuts because his replacement "executioner" is pretty goddamn awful.

By fuck that would be glorious. Two of the coolest factions in 40k.

I'd love more T3 4+ factions.

>Horus calls out guilliman for insubordination
>Task force made of to engage the renegades
>Emperor children, dead guard, world eaters and night lords engage and destroy both because suddenly flesh changes
>Instead of calth the warmaster ambush raven guard with iron warriors and alpha legion at deliverance
>Blood angels get lost in the warp because there's no beacon in ultramar to guide them and finally fall to khorne
>Ultramarine close their borders and forsake the imperium
>Without ultramarines and raven guard to keep the traitors busy the alpha legion engage white scars and aid the traitor elements of scars
>Surviving scars join warmaster
>Russ is killed along the space Wolves with combined world eaters, dead guard and Emperor's children
>The lion is forced back to Caliban earlier thanks to alpha legion
>Luther kills the lion after the rest of traitor forces join the battle to aid Luther faction
>Iron hands and salamanders are pushed to almost destruction because now there are less loyal forces
>Daemon warped thousand sons, world eaters, blood angels, white scars, iron warriors, alpha legion, night lords, dead guard and sons of Horus invade an extremely depleted iron hands, salamanders and a full force of imperial fists
>There is no help coming this time
>Horus wins on Terra and then moves to ultramar
>Ultramar ultimately falls
>Chaos wins
Great you fuck up everything

Even then, putting out an order to kill guilliman and magnus will only fuck up horus' plan even more. Unlike magnus, roubute has other primarchs who like him, namely sanguinus and dorn. It's doubtful they'd automatically turn on guilliman, and would either side with him or at the very least get confirmation from emps. So this situation either ends up with horus' plan being revealed, or spiraling into a schism much like the heresy, but with horus being even more fucked, since he has very little control over the situation, hasn't made all the pacts with chaos yet, is still technically on the emperor's side, and can't manipulate his enemies into major traps like the drop site massacre. Plus his enemies definitely include the ultras at mostly full strength and the legion made up of fucking space wizards, and most likely include the fists, the bangles, and possibly a few others.
As far as I can tell, any move he makes leaves horus fucked. If the ultras were sent to deal with the 1k sons, horus is basically garunteed to lose.

Its Death Guard you fucking ape.

It was meant for this guyI totally agree with Magnus was a Tzeench pawn anyways, connecting him to the golden throne would probably unleashed a daemon invasion anyways

When did Horus turn traitor with wiped out Word Bearers again?

how's this look for a beginners Dark Eldar list?

Realspace Raiders Detachment (1246pts)

HQ

>Archon (155pts)
Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol, The Armour of Misery

Elites

>4xIncubi (150pts)
>Venom
Chain-snares, 2xSplinter Cannon

Troops

>2x10 Kabalite Warriors (2x195pts)
Splinter cannon
>Raider
Disintegrator cannon, Aethersails, Nightshield, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks

Fast Attack

>Razorwing Jetfighter (150pts)
2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Splinter Cannon

>2x3 Reavers (2x63pts)
Cluster caltrops

>5 Scourges (120pts)
4 Haywire Blasters

Heavy Support

>Ravager (155pts)
3xDark Lance, Aethersails, Nightshield, Shock Prow

You seem to be forgetting that the burning of prospero is one of the first events in the heresy. As soon as horus declares the full strength ultras traitors, he now ensures that they are coming for him, rather than being ignorant of the start of the heresy and closing off their borders.
Instead they're smack dab in the middle of the imperium, at full strength, with 1k son allies and have a major bone to pick with horus. If anything, this forces horus to commit even more troops to deal with the ultras, not less.

I just assumed that we were assuming the same general course of events happened, just with the wolves and word bearers having less numbers, and the ultras being sent after the sons.

The premise is "Emperor just up and sends his executioner instead of chastising Lorgar then leaving him to stew".

Guy who started this topic seemed to be suggesting he thought it would fix everything.

If nothing else, there probably would be less traitors in the long run without the firey demagogues.

Imperial fists, the only true loyal sons of Terra

Ultramarines.

Is it better to expand my Tzeentch daemons with more tzeentch daemons or branch out into CSM or Nurgle?