Has anyone designed a character around specializing with clawed gauntlets?

Has anyone designed a character around specializing with clawed gauntlets?

I know monks may use similar weapons but is it workable with a fighter or other melee class?

Yes. It was a LAC game, so I used

>Signature Weapon (fists; hand; perfectly weighted, huge; sinister)
>Herculean Appetites (pure destruction, power over others)
>Backstab
>Bend Bars, Lift Gates
>Unencumbered, Unharmed

to represent possessed gauntlets.

I know there was support for doing that with a grappling-oriented fighter in D&D 4e; pretty damn good at holding people down. I mean, the entry on the weapon table is "spiked gauntlet" rather than "clawed gauntlet" but it should be the same mechanically.

Spic gauntlets tended to be clawed gauntlets, generally speaking.

Yo, that's chay-yoss as fuck mane.

Mhh I see.

The concept would be based off the xeno morph from Aliens So clawed gauntlets with a rope dart.

Not even my final form bruv, innit.

Tavern Brawler based Barbarian or Rogue grapplers are viable, but that's unarmed, not "spiked gauntlet".

Now that's taking the roll for damage way too literally.

When I needed them in my game (5e) I just made all gauntlet/fist/brass knuckles a light simple weapon costing 1 gold, weighing 1 pound, and doing 1d6 bashing if unspiked or 1d6 piercing if spiked.

Characters are automatically proficient with them if they're proficient with unarmed and could use any ability score they could use for an unarmed attack, a single one can be drawn as a weapon but the second requires one action to don, and a hand wearing one can only be used to hold a shield, another weapon, or to don and doff armor. They did count as monk weapons but couldn't be used for unarmed strikes.

Worked fine, made them on par with an easier short sword or an unthrowable, semi-finesse javelin. Worked fine in my setting but YMMV.

>anti-fap

Mate wearing those would only make me want to fap even more. It'd be the most metal wank of my life.

It'd be the last wank of your life.

Or the first true wank.

The gauntlets of the ancient tibetan fap-monks are both weapons of war and of masturmeditative ritual.

>both weapons of war and of masturmeditative ritual.

Yup. Pretty much played a wholesale aesthetic warrior-priest type in a NOT!India, making the various styles of Indian claw weapons- mostly lumped under the name "Bagh Nakh" which means tiger's claws- super viable.

My dude fought with a fully played palm style bagh nakh in his left hand, and a pata (stated as a rapier) in his right.

>Monks
I don't think they're even proficient with them let alone be able to flurry of blows with them

>I just made a weapon to make monks irrelevant
Good job?

The middle one is gonna lead to more self-mutilation tahn other-person mutilation.

Wow, doff actually is a word, I didn't even know!

>be fighter
>have more AC and HPs than monk
>less MAD
>pock tavern brawler because I have lots feats to spare
>use the weapon
>I can twf because it's light
>1d6
>beating the monk at its thing
Nice

That's perfectly in lieu with traditional Sikh arsenal.

Considering it has several martial arts, has been around for over 10 centuries and actually saw export to other cultures... I would disagree.

Mind that they were most common among animal aesthetic holy men, Thugee cultists of Kali, and warrior-wrestlers.

They predate the Sikh by 1000 years.

>tavern brawler
You don't even need it, everybody is proficient with unarmed in 5e

I'm going to guess that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Just like you could with handaxes, scimitars, and shortswords. The magic was within you the whole time.