Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-condition-and-numina-cards/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-brief-treatise-on-how-we-kickstart-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What are some red flags you see in players?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2K8R3qXyDyoVzlNd1FUeEtHMTQ
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/973545-the-hedge-not-the-supplement-book
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are some red flags you see in players?

Likes to show off their collection of knives by describing how fast they can cut a throat.

Hey, I got a vampire question. I'm considering bloodlines for my Daeva in requiem and I'm really liking the Amara Havana

The thing is that they leave illusory bloody hand prints on everything they touch

could I counter that by wearing gloves?

>can I counter my bloodline's signature weakness by just wearing gloves

I'm leaning towards no, user, for obvious reasons.

recommend me some wod / cofd
approved movies/tv shows

Well the bloody handprints are created where your hand touches

why wouldn't putting a barrier between your hand and whatever you're touching not alleviate that?

Supernatural, especially the earlier seasons

heard of supernatural only seen one episode
but i liked that one episode does it come on tv anymore? like reruns?

the lost girls
supernatural (season 1-5, 6-7 if you're masochist)

Yeah it's usually on TNT, you could probably find it online

also, Buffy if you're into that kind of thing

Because you are still touching it through the glove. It's illusory blood, it doesn't play by physical mundane rules.

yeah new season this october

illusions don't give a fuck about gloves

it wouldn't be a weakness if you could negate it that easily, use your fucking head

Go watch True Detective right now.

Reminder that

>Forgotten is best Threshold
>Tzimisce is best clan/bloodline
>Mastigos is best path
>Manikin is best Kith

>three CofD opinions
>randomly toss a WoD one in there

Prey are the best Threshold with Silent as a runner-up, though the Torn have the coolest logo ever (pic related), the best VtM bloodline is the Gargoyles and all of the clans are lame, Mastigos are almost as cool as Obrimos but not quite, and Bloodbrutes are the best Kith because they let you go all Hotline Miami on folks.

Of course Torn have the coolest logo, but Forgotten still best.

I added Tzimisce to my VtR game with permission from ST and workshopping it to translate well. It's a bloodline in our setting that Nosferatu or Vent can pick up.

My Geist is Silent!

Mastigos is by far the coolest path though, no questions asked. Warlock for life.

There's already a totally-not-Tzimisce bloodline in the Norvegi. They have Vicissitude and everything.

I've been sitting on a Silent geist for ages now, The Lost Cosmonaut, who appears as a space suit with starry void inside. He's all about acceptance of death and cosmic insignificance... except for those killed by others screwing them over, for obvious reasons.

Have you been keeping up with the trickle of Geist 2e spoilers?

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell(I recently realized the best way to play a character based on Jonathan would be someone in the Order of Hermes in MtAs)
Twin Peaks(Mortals)
True Detective(Mortals)
Being Human US & UK(UK is more WoD/plot-driven, US is more CofD/character-driven, although the UK version is a lot better overall imo; main characters are a Vampire, Werewolf, and Wraith/Ghost/whatever)
Cleverman(Main dude is a Dreamspeaker, in both MtAs and MtAw senses)

Supernatural isn't even over.
It's on The CW, season 12 is starting next month.
You can also watch the first 10 seasons(11th probably coming next month, too) on Netflix.

I would imagine that even if that worked, the blood would flow out of the glove.

Not only is Tzimisce as a word leagues prettier sounding than Norvegi; I really liked the history of Tzimisce loads and loads and not having fangs is dumb as a sack of hair.

What's your dead Cosmonaut bound to?

Nope, I know absolutely nothing. About a year or so ago I heard they weren't going to include Forgotten so I buried my head in the sand.

Any good spoilers?

I'd love to hear how you pronounce Tzimisce. My boyfriend is Romanian and thus insists it should be "zhuh-mee-say," but the internet is full of godawful "sim-meet-zee" people.

The Lost Cosmonaut isn't bound to anyone yet, because I haven't played Geist in years and years now. I don't speak to the guy who used to run it for me anymore.

Haven't heard anything about any of the Thresholds being cut, but there's obvious talk about overhauling Manifestations (and I think they've been renamed to Haunts, but I could be wrong) and shaking things up. Krewes are apparently so changed that they can't easily be summarized in a forum post, Archetypes should mean something this time around, and Bound other than Sin-Eaters are apparently in as antagonists, with Sin-Eater now specifically referring to one subset of Bound.

Anything by GimpInBlack is official: forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment

In spanish we pronounce it "Te-me-che" Like

Always pronounced it "Tsee-mee-chay"

Excuse me, but I believe you will find that it is pronounced: "Triple Jim".

>red flags

Biggest one is usually the person who talks more about their character than things they'd like to do with them. This isn't a universal rule, but it holds true pretty damn well.

... Wait, is the player the one with the knives or the character?

Correction: Watch the first half. Everything after that is disappointment and failure. I guarantee whatever you imagine the real story might be, it's better than what they delivered.

Bullshit. All of Season 1 is fantastic.

Bullshit to your bullshit. If I wanted to watch Matthew McCoughnahey in a Southern soap opera, I'd just watch Mud again. At least that knew how to do payoff.

First four eps were great to TD, no doubt, but the series blew its load early and had no idea how to do proper payoff.

Norvegi are only tangentially similar to Tzimisce.
Also, I really need to figure out how to make Tzimisce in 2e not dumb.
I like my ideas for Viccissitude (though it could use a second draft), but the ideas I had for Tzimisce themselves were just DOUBLE VENTRUE.

>Mastigos is best path
And more full of edgelords and pretentious self-absorbed fuckwits than any other.
Thyrsus a best.

That's four. There's ten gamelines, soon to be eleven. Give your opinions on the rest so we can tell you how wrong you are.

>flags you see in players

Players who talk about their characters only in terms of 'I have these stats' or 'I can get this many bonuses'.

Players who take great pains to detail out the squicky shit they do.

Catpissmen.

Supernatural up through season 4 (then it turns into an Angel/Demon game with two human PCs that they just can't kill off)
Buffy/Angel
Fringe
Forever Knight
Being Human
Lost Girl (it's Changeling the TV show, more or less)
Penny Dreadful
The Originals (it's SO much better than TVD)

Persons of Interest for Demon

lol changeling the show

Okay, it kinda is. More OWoD Changeling than NWoD Changeling.

>Red flags in players
When they act like every success is a victory against the ST

Would Possessed from Inferno be a good class for creating a child who transforms into a powerful adult with a very different personality?

Just use basic dread powers. Unless that second personality is actually demonic.

>What are some red flags you see in players?
Blames things on Jews/Blacks/Whites/others
Their only experience with gaming is ERP

I'm starting to feel like Gecko is a professional troll who's honed her methods. Surgical shitposting

Having talked to her, I think she's just an idiot, but I live by life by Hanlon's Razor.
To quote McCoy from Dresden Files:
>"Only so many blackhearted villains in the world, and they only get uppity on occasion. Stupid's everywhere, every day."

But what's she up to this time? I notice her signature still says "bye".

I saw someone posted something in the Prometheans forum and there's a thread about "Alternate goals for refinement". So I assume it's someone looking for alternate ending milestones for the various roles but no. It's Gecko. Looking to talk about the same shit as always: how to play Promethean without becoming human. Again

drive.google.com/open?id=0B2K8R3qXyDyoVzlNd1FUeEtHMTQ

Hill gave us the Hedge mechanics. Enjoy, fellow shitstains.

I just can't understand why someone couldn't just play Promethean without ever using the New Dawn mechanics.

Anyone else not like the qauishmilim (sp) at all?

Like, it just feels like they are more plot actors than actual characters. Even more so than GM angels. I think the rules made them sound too invincible. Like, unless the principle plans for you to fight and lose to one, or fight and 'kill' one, by the rules you should never win. It can just go invulnerable and not be there anymore. It flips you off and heads to another state of being.

So they may as well be gods.

But some if them have esoteric goals and jobs? But unlike with angels, where we know the vague rules the GM tries to fulfill for random reasons, we have NO idea what the principle is trying to achieve when it is out counting doors and stuff.

It feels a little unfinished.

Promethean is perfect how dare you

>it just feels like they are more plot actors than actual characters
Pretty solid Angels then.

Because the kind of player that does this doesn't want to play in a whole party of transhuman Prometheans, they want to be The One Transhuman Promethean in a party of normal ones, who gets to benefit from all the normal Promethean stuff but turn into something cooler and more powerful at the end rather than a "boring old human :C"

Yeah, but they are still trash compared to gm angels though. Because their mechanics don't matter. They aren't 'the being there to defend this building, regardless of who comes, unable to tell friend from foe, with xyz bans and banes.'

They are, 'that guy who tries to cut you until the principle decides you shouldn't be cut no more.'

Fucking finally.

I don't understand why she [and everyone else] can't just understand that Promethean is not the game she wants. Seriously. Everything about Promethean is set up to work towards one thing.

>Like, it just feels like they are more plot actors than actual characters.
Literally what they are. It's not going to be the kind of thing where the players are going to fight it in the first place. If the ST uses it that way, they're literally doing it wrong.

No, these people often want to change the entire theme of the game. Geckopirateship even has a forum dedicated to homebrewing Promethean to entirely change the themes.
Well, not dedicated to that, I suppose. There also seemed to be "changing Awakening to be more like Ascension".

Even though the game already has means in there to still be a little supernatural after turning human...

Oh yes definitely, but the fact we know so much about GM angels is that PCs are Demons who used to be Angels. The total mystery of quashmallim makes sense to be since it is from the Promethean perspective, but it'd be better if they explained the Principle a bit better so through knowing it we know the Quashmal.

That requires effort, and still means becoming a squishy human.

So the Hedge now only embodies pain?
I get that it is dangerous and a way to lose your mind and soul, but wasn't it supposed to be a little less shitty than that?
I'm not really a fan of them saying "it's psychoactive, but only for pain, and will corrupt any other emotion into pain".

I really do hope Deviant is the game for them. Like you probably couldn't get away with turning into a transhumanist god without blowing the fuck up, and you'll probably be just as homeless as a Promethean, but Deviant seems like a game where you can explore not being human in a more theme friendly manner.

Actually it's not that bad on a closer reading. Still not fond of them putting in that "if it's not painful, the Hedge doesn't care for it" part.

Link the thread so we can give our two cents.

Personally, I prefer the Hedge as dangerous, but not evil. i.e. "even joy can run amok".

Myeah, on the Beautiful Madness scale, it's a bit too far on the Madness, and too short on the Beautiful parts.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/973545-the-hedge-not-the-supplement-book

Here ya go.

For people who also hate the way Google Drive does pdfs.

Yeah. I think the problem is that in an attempt to make the world feel lonely and cold to prometheans, they left a lot of their extra cast 'reasonless'.

The game is just prommies, evil prommies (of which there are few because only about 100 at a time), prommie abortions, and angel plot devices.

So outside of evil prommies, your enemies are sort of... Simple.

>Myeah, on the Beautiful Madness scale, it's a bit too far on the Madness, and too short on the Beautiful parts.

If I recall correctly, the subtitle got changed to something else.

Alchemists and Centimani have reasons.

Pandorans aren't part of the "extra cast", they're more like obstacles.

Qashmallim aren't antagonists.

They can easily be antagonists. Since the principle may decide you need to fight one for multiple reasons.

Alchemists are there too. Though they kind of suck at their job of being antagonists. And are effectively fancy hunters.

I figure that's to be more in keeping with Fae Realms being lands of sheer trauma.

In my next session of my solo promethean game, I expect the PC to run into an Athanor.

What I'm wondering is, does the Azothic memory make it obvious to a Promethean when they are near, or see, an athanor? Like, is it like BAM when they walk in the room, no matter what shape or form it has taken?

Because I want the center of a big problem in town to be a Jovian Athanor that is in a bad man's possession, and it would kind of suck if they walked right up to the thing, and didn't realize it was bad news.

But the fae are capable of compassion.
It's as fulfilling to them as vices are to us, and it's always motivated by some kind of self interest, but they are capable of it.

I feel like some of these changes risk making the gentry and the realms of the fae too one note.

I think we should be careful not to mix up 'The Hedge' and Arcadia.

Arcadia is the kingdoms of the Fae and gentry.

The Hedge is just the borderlands and trodden path between them.

The True Fae have to deal with the Hedge too (though they can warp it, and don't get hurt by it). It isn't their home, it is a land in between.

Unless you guys were just talking about normal 'Fae' instead of The Gentry. In which case, ignore me.

Zim-Skee here.

Isn't the Pharaoh actually an Arisen?

Not literally making Yami/Yugi. Just the general concept of a kid reincarnated from an ancient being who transforms into a more powerful adult form.

Well I don't see why you couldn't use stuff from CofD Mummy to explain Yu-Gi-Oh.

>The Pharaoh was supposed to be re-incarnated by his last living descendant when they finished the puzzle. However, when he appeared tot he person who created it, it wasn't his umptythump-great-grandson, instead it was some twatty midget with stupid hair.
>It's the same general story with the other Millennium Items that have people connected to them.
>Duel Monsters are just accretions of Sekhem.
>Shadow Games are the Pharaoh going all out.

>conflict resolution consists of stopping to play yu-gi-oh in character

Sure why not.

I'm curious about Scion, and iirc Neal's quite good, what's the hype lvl?
I just hope there's not too much pronouns fuckery as it's sometimes hard to follow as a non English native.

Jesus Christ people. It is still two days or more until the KS right?

Put your pants on.

eccentric nerdy plant obsessed girl is my Thyrsus mage. She's weird dealing with fertilizer and manure and growing gardens. She gets herself muddy all the time

Obvious LĂșcio ripoff is my Thyrsus.
People shit on Forces, but there's so much fun stuff you can do with it at Disciple level.

We talking Overwatch LĂșcio here?

Yep.
With a Forces-based custom Thyrsus Legacy.

Something that annoys me about Changeling 2e is how much it's been tied to dreams. I think the dreaming stuff needed to be better integrated, but the way it's been done has taken something away from the Hedge and Arcadia that makes them less interesting. Before human emotions and dreams were important as fuel and drive for the Gentry and influenced the Hedge in some way, but the why was up in the air. Now it's because faerie things are apparently made from the stuff.

Stranger Things
Technically it's a great show for showing how people would react to a mage.

What, freaking out then forgetting like 30 seconds later?

No, Stranger Things is a fantastic innocents/mortals chronicle.

Hy tg. Today i got my Obsession and realised i rp it wrong all this time.

>Today i got my Obsession

Is that like getting your period?

Hasn't it always been that everything Fae was created from human dreams? Like there's a CofD style "it can be whatever you want maaaaaan", but it always seemed like the developer really wanted you to come away with Arcadia and The Hedge being ultimately human creations.

>Put your pants on.
Never.

You should at least keep your pants on when you're wandering through The Hedge.

Risking your genitals is how we prove manhood I guess.

Or lose.

I do have to agree with up above of the forgotten being my favorite threshold, though torn definitely has the best logo (although I think all the logos are pretty good in their own way)

I have been keeping up with the spoilers for Geist 2e myself sounds like pretty exciting stuff. For those who haven't kept up or do not want to go to those forums basically this is the new info we've gotten so far.

>There is no longer the downside of being forced to stay in the Underworld for long periods of time for having high Psyche. Sin-Eaters will being a high fuel reserves/ammo spending splat.
>Synergy is completely different. Geists have more of an involvement and presence in-game and on your character.
>Manifestations are now "Haunts", to keep from confusing with other ghostly abilities. The powers are now a tighter power set and more thematically unified. Keys are still a thing.
>Claimed and the Bargain are two different ghostly manifestations, which Geists can also do either or of (though a Geist cannot claim or possess that which it is bound to from a bargain)
>There are plans for supplement books unlike 1e. With plans to cover stuff like the Cthonian bound from Dark eras, Multi-bargained Bound, Abmortals, and maybe stuff like a power ghostly being antagonist that is anchored to the concept of its own name (Beetlejuice/Bloody Mary types).
>Deathlords are no longer a thing, but instead their place in a sense, there are Cthonic Gods.
>Memento is no longer 5 different ranks of mixed and matched things, now one bigger thematic pool of ghostly infused items, they are more integral to a Sin-Eaters powers for incentive to collect them. Death masks are no longer under categories of memento and are hinted to be something more.
>There are new antagonists, the [redacted] that find out about you, when you find out about them, they bear masks.
>The Book will have a mix of some old antagonists and completely new antagonists.

Hedge update. See how you feel about the changes.

Personally, I think it's better and more nuanced, but still too much focus on pain. I don't need the book to explain to me how nice things can be sad in such a way.

The translucency on that image is a really nice touch. Looks impressive on a mouse over

(Continued)

>There will be lots of carrots and incentives for going to the Underworld without strong arming you to like 1e. Lots of story can and will happen in there.
>The focus is very personal and immediate rather than getting caught in the grand cosmic scope of things.
>A Geist is generally a ghost that has drank from one of the rivers. "There are a lot more than five rivers"
>Krewes mechanics and such are completely retooled. Big emphasis on discovering history, archeology of past Krewes.
>Ceremonies are kind of like 2e Forsaken Rites with rituals and symbolism made up per krewe.
>Sin-Eaters are bound that try to help ghosts move on/deal with angry ghosts/help with balance, there are non Sin-Eater Bound that will pop up in the book, that are different in Sin-Eater culture and politics and perhaps even mechanically so. Comparable book space to the Pure in 2e core.
>There is going to be a Demi-Splat
>Cenotes are the current name of their "safe house" merit
>Archetypes and thresholds will be different

Thanks, thought it would be a neat little effect for the ghostly stuff!

But user! The Plinkett Test!
>but this is fairly true, chattering about backstory and who they are, not how they fit in to the world or how they interact with it is a thing.

Zee-Mees-See
Never really imagined it any other way, with a silent T and a soft C.

It's Greek in origin, so I assume the T is hard. Tsi-me-tche

Holy hell been looking everywhere for links for some WoD content but never really knew where to look and all. Was a big fan of the PC Vampire the Masquerade game back in the day and have always been thirsty for more WoD content.

err I forgot to add I was looking everywhere till I found this thread.