MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Commanders no one uses edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Thread topic: Who`s your favorite fatty and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-09-16-karlov-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isperia-flying-kung-fu/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hythonia-has-few-friends/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-likes-the-letter-x/
m.imgur.com/a/fGrSi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did someone say commanders nobody uses?

I don't believe anyone ever has used Jin Gitaxias as a commander.

I enjoy this thread's theme.

Patron of the Moon is p cool, mainly because no one expects it when they see mono-blue shitting out lands

I have HEAVILY considered it. How would it work? I imagine it's like running one of the eldrazi as a commander, only that he's also blue, and not a beater. More of a utility creature.

you wouldn't believe the deck i saw with nothing but detrimental etb's, and way of preventing them

>this my commander
Best commander

Lots of people play Proliferate or Pirate theme.

What the hell is Chainer wearing on his head?

>tfw not RB

Why is Tatsumasa anything over a dollar?

It's a rare with one printing and a gimmick.

the ONLY time I've seen him is in meme chaos decks

>what is Torpor Orb
>what is Sundial of the Infinite

There's also Command Beacon now.

I've yet to see anyone else running her.

I was considering one for Godo but I feel like Moonsilver Spear would be better since it's easier to repeat the effect, especially in that deck

I know someone who has a deck with him. I do believe he only uses his commander as a win condition itself, but I've never actually played against it.

These lists are miserable to play against. Just ramp him out with Free counterspell back up.

>tutors into your hand on combat damage and only if you have Telepathy
No wonder.

I mean, he's in a lot of decks, but I don't really see anyone ever use him as a commander.

She's fun enough. I know, the evil word around here, but seriously, Isperia is actually ok. Repeatable tutoring effects aren't nothing to scoff at.

Wasn't he banned as commander at one point?

obligatory "post em"

I seem to remember that being the case. People have probably just found better commanders to lead the helm in the meantime.

he was

Yeah, a couple years ago. I've had mine running since maybe a week or two after he got unbanned, he's pretty cool. I'm honestly a bit surprised I haven't really seen at least one other Kokusho deck since then, but hey, I guess I get special snowflake points

That's probably because she's bad user. If you're running UW, there is 0 reason to use her when Augustin, Geist of St Traft and Brago exist.

>tfw only 10 Archons in mtg
>tfw no WUB INFINITE JUSTICE legendary Archon
>Krond wants to be boggles and is G

m-muh flying tribal...

Question:
Can Selvala's Parley ability be responded to?
I mean it's a mana ability, right? So it doesn't use the stack? So shouldn't one be unable to use Sensei's Divining Top in response?

Probably cause it's just easier to run someone else in the command zone and tutor him when you need him. Thats what my Liliana does.

>Gatherer Card Ruling
>5/29/2014: Selvala’s parley ability is a mana ability. It doesn’t use the stack and can’t be responded to.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-09-16-karlov-voltron/

Any suggestions? Been trying to build this as a "friendlier" deck as I can really tune it and it still shouldn't be "unfair" since my typical decks (Daretti, Teferi) have been generally poorly receieved.

Yep, I just got cheated with today's game.
Thanks user.

Kick the cheater's ass next time you play

I just ordered a Blightsteel

Why did I do that

You love getting owned by Bribery?

Fuck off Demiurge

For pic related I hope.

She's fine. You can bounce to trigger her. Telepathy is bad.

>fucking Tappedout doesn't put your commander in the cart when doing mass card entry over to TCGPlayer

I am so fucking mad right now and I have no one but myself to blame

This happens a lot to people.

Also, why the hell would you mass entry unless you literally own no cards.

I win

It imports the list into the mass entry and then I just delete the things I already own before I put them in the cart

FUCK. You made me check my order and you're right. I swear at one point it wasnt like that.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isperia-flying-kung-fu/

By far my weakest deck. I only play it for casual fun

It appears to be a large headband to keep his dreadlocks from getting in his way.

I feel like I've seen Africans wearing something similar, but I could be wrong.

No, I win.

Did you already order and get borked like me?

Bruh. Have I got a deck for you!
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hythonia-has-few-friends/

This, this. And 80% of Legendaries from Legends

Yep.
G-guess i'll get a promo melek instead of a normal one then

>tfw I was ordering a new deck last week and noticed this before it was too late
Feels pretty good famalam

Just found a Suture Priest. What should I replace with it? Looking at one of the auras or protection spells. Also got a skull clamp laying around I should probably fit in too.

UNBAN KARAKAS

She's not even good eye candy. There are better cat Waifus.

Or maybe a land? Not exactly sure how many I should have. Curve is usually a bell.

Have you ever had a deck your playgroup eventually refused to allow you to play?

>she's bad

maybe, but pretty fun to play

which of the 2013 or 2014 precons are most fun? I want to get my roommate into EDH

I like Lavinia more still. I run Brago and GAA4 in it, but that detaining just sitting in the Command zone is just wonderful.

2014 decks are better composed. Dont know if you'd describe it as most fun but tribal, especially elves is generally good beginning stuff so I'd go with green. Also comes with some nice pieces to start with for building an elf deck.

Why? Just fucking exile it

2013?
Prossh or Jeleva.
Prossh is functionally very strong, and Jeleva is a little less so, but Jeleva also gets you a Baleful Strix and a TNN.

2014?
Daretti or Freyalise.
Daretti is the most fun, but having played all the decks against each other, Freyalise is the one that seemed the most powerful.

Mana is so easy to get in mono-black. Getting rid of him only saves you for one turn.

When I was playing it, Skittles was basically a looming specter of death hanging over the battlefield and if you dared to forget about him he'd kill you in a single turn. Some of the reason they wanted me to stop playing him is because they're babies about Infect, the other is that it was a wildcard sort of Assassin deck.

Don't you dare underestimate my Ob Nix, motherfucker

who's the best commander for Abzan Elfball?

Finally going in for a purchase of cards for an EDH deck this week. I've done lots of testing on Cockatrice, and I've found three commanders that I enjoy about equally, so I'd like some input on what might be a better idea: Shirei, Daxos the Returned, Animar, or New-Kozilek?

I would recommend learning count because that's 4 commanders.

learn to count* goddamnit I'm tired.

Oh yeah, I wrote three. I hadn't originally thought about Animar when I was typing the post, but then I decided to add it to the list, and forgot to fix the earlier part.

I'm making a Zada, Hedron Grinder deck. Anyone got some spicy single target spells a la the Otherworldly Outburst in response to a board-wipe combo?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-likes-the-letter-x/

any cards that would fit well in my Mizzix deck? Trying to find the balance between fun and tryhard

>Have a foil Skittles
>Decide to take a look at current prices
>$40

Random EDH stuff getting expensive is the best.

Yeah. I made a 3D token out of some Mirrodin Besieged Zombies for someone I knew and they gave me a foil Tezzeret, Agent for it. He's up to about $70-$80 now.

Shirei is very limited and playgroups can hate graveyards pretty easily. Daxos is probably the worst of that set, while many casuals dislike seeing Eldrazi commanders.

Animar definitely has the most customization options as well as the largest varying power level. More experienced players might target you first because the deck can be very competitive and casuals may have heard of the many infinite combos the deck can hold.

But more colors is an advantage in both power and deck building and if you enjoy Animar I would definitely go that route.

Play Shirei as a stax deck with creatures that do stuff on ETB or death and lots of degenerate group slug enchantments. They can't hate you out of the game if they don't have access to mana or cards.

Wrexial the Risen Thief. The entire deck revolves around using everyone else's stuff. And Pox effects which might the real reason they hate it.

He's in my Lovisa barbarians since it has lots of ETB effects like Purphoros and Impact Tremors, but that's for an easily spammable damage. No idea what anyone would use him for in a serious deck.

Anyone see the conversation with Sheldon where he wants to disallow off color fetches?

Sheldon must be stopped.

m.imgur.com/a/fGrSi

>The mindslaver chooses what happens to the mindslavee's commander
That's news to me

>Stopping people from playing off color fetches is a high priority

If it's a damage-based wipe like Blasphemous Act, drop Arcbond and target Zada to blow up the table and end the game

Really bad decision, since playing off colors are necessary for budget reasons. Also RIP in peace Titania if it goes through.

Nice way to end the game in a draw, I suppose.

I mean, it would cut down on frankly unneeded shuffling. With so many color fixing options, if you're in two or even three colors, you shouldn't need 9-10 Fetches to get the job done.

I know there's also the fact that fetches make for a nice combo with Sun Titan or Crucible, but that's also constant shuffling. I can understand wanting to cut down on people jamming extra fetches from a practical standpoint rather than as a power level concern.

Remind me why a person with zero game design experience is making decisions that impact an officially sanctioned format when it's painfully obvious they have no idea what they're doing?

Why would it work any differently? You might as well ask if the slaver or slave gets to determine which lands to tap.

I want to make a new Commander deck for Halloween. Who is the most Halloweeny commander?

Because they've been doing it since before it was an officially sanctioned format.

Worth an include in mono-red?

Karador, Ghost Chieftan?

i always consider him to be the Chief of Spookytown.

Yes, but why do they have any sort of authority on the subject anyways? Before it was sanctioned their rules were always more of a "suggestion" anyways.