So, Hiroyuki AKA the new moot is asking us to make a banner to represent and advertise our board...

So, Hiroyuki AKA the new moot is asking us to make a banner to represent and advertise our board. Veeky Forums made more than our fair share of the site banners so theoretically we should be able to get some good submissions put together, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48719849/
seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This one's my personal favorite

CYOA thread?

I believe that's where it originated from, yes. Although it applies to most of Veeky Forums.

But only pass users can vote, so what's the point?

Anyone can submit. When we made the site banners, it was decided by some arcane tribunal of whichever mods felt like it, so this is hardly worse than that.

Honestly, we could even recycle stuff and have a good outcome.

Veeky Forums's logo, for use as needed.

I whipped up this one while bored, but it's pretty rough.

Classic

Yessssssssss

Here's one that encapsulates Veeky Forums pretty well
from this thread:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48719849/

It applies to most of Veeky Forums.

alternate image

Over 9000 hours in a random free image editor.

Nice work, but where'd you find a picture of Virtualoptim?

Gays! Gays!

The image dimensions must be exactly 468x60 pixels!

These both make us look somewhat dignified

yeah, that's why I don't like them

the original image of the king getting stabbed doesn't scale that well, yeah.

Flipping the king around was unnecessary and visually confusing IMO. It makes him look like an onlooker to the stabbing on the left.

Not that guy. It's not that a huge improvement.

I feel like the words around the edge should be in latin

> non amplius opus alteri tabulæ
it actually translates to "no longer needs another board" which isn't great but it's the best I could do with my exactly zero knowledge of latin

>
>I feel like the words around the edge should be in latin
>> non amplius opus alteri tabulæ
>it actually translates to "no longer needs another board" which isn't great but it's the best I could do with my exactly zero knowledge of latin

"tabulas alias iam non plus eges"

Source: 5 years of high school latin.

tabularum aliarum non iam indiges

Since you want more of a "want to use" than a "have to use". Also, "non iam" is enough. Source: almost a teacher for Latin (only the final exam left, basically)

On the other hand, the long Genitive forms always sound clunky and even the Romans tended to avoid them. I'd just keep the English sentence.

"You no longer need other boards" was the tagline of Veeky Forums years ago, but it's no longer the case. Other than occasional "is this magical realm?" thread, we're pretty focused on actually Veeky Forums related topics.

What about
"UNICAE HVIVS TABVLAE INDIGEBIS"
You'll only have need of this board

problem being you have to fit Veeky Forums - traditional games in

the old submission requirements were a lot simpler

I'm actually not a huge fan of using that in the banner. Beyond not fitting well in the dimensions, it's also the soccer logo rather than a generic logo.

Literally perfect.

How about this?

I'm still a little bummed they passed it over for the one you see in circulation.

What textbooks do you use? Do you think I could learn at least some latin on my own? What sources in general could I use?

we could do something with dumb looking helmets, I have a bunch of images

that 60 height is killing me

Could you even see anything through those?

I'm certain they could see why children love cinnamon toast crunch through those.

Why not cool helmets?

a better question is what the mouth holes are for.

Breathing and general ventilation.

>n00bs
>not newfags

"You don't even need the other boards" hasn't been true for a long time.

"Veeky Forums gets shit done" has never been true.

I kind of like that jab at /quest/

non necesse tuum tabulae alterae

there wouldn't be a way of fitting this into a banner would there?

or this?

THANK YOU! Couldn't remember the fucking term.

Rate and hate

Link to that page?

Change the type color to the "post a reply" dark blue and you're golden.

Pretty great aside from the fact that it doesn't say Veeky Forums anywhere

Like this?

Perfect.

This, but it needs to say Veeky Forums - Traditional Games somewhere.

and it needs to be 468 x 60

Can we turn this into a banner?

>Veeky Forums - You don't even need /qst/ anymore!

> Dogs with orange eyebrows
> Mrs Cake

You, I like you.

I like it, someone submit it.

This will be a good /aco/ banner.

Atleast one 40k image

Because negative nancys like you infested the board

What do you think of this one?

ooh pretty. I like it.

slight improvement

Cute. Did you make that yourself?

cute

That's exactly how I feel every day I come here

>oh, I'm sure no one's arguing in this thread.
>OH GOD IT BURNS!

==

>"Veeky Forums gets shit done" has never been true.
This is also stupidly obvious. "Veeky Forums" is not a person, collectives aren't real entities. "Veeky Forums" can't actually do anything.
When someone says "Veeky Forums gets shit done" they are not literally saying the board itself became self aware and made things. They're saying "some fa/tg/uys got shit done."

Turning around and going all "nuh, uh, it wasn't Veeky Forums that done it! It was some guys what posted here!" is being painfully obtuse to the point of retardation.

Yet some moron who thinks he's clever always has to say it as if it was insightful.

seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spell

Not even close to being on par with any of the other banners. Looks like it should be advertising some shitty D&D webcomic or site that sells novelty dice.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm German, so my textbook from school is probably useless to you. I guess there are several English books or websites that will help you?
You can certainly learn Latin on your own, but you will need to put in a lot of effort. At first, you want to have some easy texts someone put together, actually reading original sources on your own is very difficult.

The most important thing in Latin - and the biggest difference to English - is the grammar. Latin words differ in meaning depending on their suffix (the last syllable). "habere" means "to have", "habeo" is "I have", "habes" is "you have" / "amicus" is "friend", "amici" is friends or "of the friend/the friend's". You have to learn the cases and know them by heart. Then you have to learn vocab. This takes time, but it is very rewarding to read Ovid or Virgil and see all the little things they put in there. In my opinion, there is no modern writer as good as Virgil (that includes Shakespeare, and I study English in addition to Latin).

Submit it brah, it's sure to win!

9001/10

But those words are a lie these days. Thank newmod.

Call me a newfag, But I have absolutely no idea what elf that is.

This one's great! Submit it bruv.

Better than some site banners.

Needs Mrs. Cake twice.

Jesus christ, shut the fuck up you contrarian fedora tipper. It's cute and friendly - like all banners, it conceals our nature as annoying tards.

Yep. I really wish the size limit wasn't so low though.

I think it's better.

there's always one fedora commenting on something nice because they're contrarian and think they're funny. I think that this time it's you.

>Turning around and going all "nuh, uh, it wasn't Veeky Forums that done it! It was some guys what posted here!" is being painfully obtuse to the point of retardation.

You fucking retard.

The guy is saying that no-one on Veeky Forums has ever gotten anything 'done' that Veeky Forums started. Or at least not enough success for 'Veeky Forums gets shit done' to be a meaningful phrase.

What kind of higher level autist are you to think he was referring to the board as a fucking living entity?

Jesus.

RIBBON

Take a look at the banner at the top of your page. You might notice it contains a joke or at the very least a relevant meme. Now compare it to this banner.

But sure, I'm just a fedora-tipping contrarian who hates fun.

>The guy is saying that no-one on Veeky Forums has ever gotten anything 'done' that Veeky Forums started.

And that's demonstrably false.

>Or at least not enough success for 'Veeky Forums gets shit done' to be a meaningful phrase.

And that's vague enough that you could never establish it as true.

Nice.

Yeah, a trapped chest isn't a Veeky Forums relevant joke at all, I means the only place where there is trapped chest is vidya right

You're level of autism astounds me.

>And that's vague enough that you could never establish it as true.

Fine, how long has Veeky Forums been a board? About 8 to 10 years?

Give me 8 to 10 projects that were born on Veeky Forums and were completed. One a year. That's barely enough to say Veeky Forums gets shit done, but at least it'd be a fucking start.

It's entirely relevant to Veeky Forums. Just because it's not a "le funny maymay" that gets spammed everywhere doesn't make it enjoyable. It's cute and funny. You're a contrarian faggot because you saw something get an overwhelming amount of like and instead of offering any actual criticism, you say "I don't like it xD". Grow up, kid.

the banner at the top of my page was erotic homosexual anime.

Are you that guy who just doesn't like Ribbon?

great
pretty good
meh
good banner,wrong board
best one so far

*your