pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipji7EM0QLc
youtube.com/watch?v=4RR3VcKuMQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Incidentally, does anyone remember the max Essence for a Sidereal half-caste?
It's 3. Just like it is for all mortals.

Does the jump making being known as NuBee still visit this part of 4Warp?

I need to know if, if I get Bloodied Combat first and then through some other means I learn the other capstone skills, are they boosted by the blood manipulation of Bloodied Combat?

He's asleep, so it's probably going to be a few hours before you get an answer. I'll remind him when I next see him though.

Thank you user, you're the best

Have any of the people who were thinking of wishing to become a freed (weaker) Disney genie a few threads ago considered that you could just become a full genie and hide your lamp in your warehouse?

I give that plan a 0/10, how are you supposed to get out of your Lamp if no one can rub it? Disney genies have very strict rules about leaving their lamp if they are bound to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipji7EM0QLc
do you see how he is immediately trapped into the Lamp?
youtube.com/watch?v=4RR3VcKuMQY
Do you see how he was stuck there until it was Rub'd?

Being a full Disney genie is garbage, though. Imprisoned genies don't get to just go off and have adventures. That's the entire crux of how they beat Jafar.

All you need to do is have a companion let you out of the lamp and then make sure no one else ever gets their hands on it, by hiding it in your warehouse.

then you would be a slave to your companion, to a degree Most people are not comfortable with.

And otherwise you would be nearly all powerful, surely there must be at least one companion you trust that much.

Of course freed genies eventually get nearly their full power back so doing that is also an option. . .

Man I don't even want to be a genie. Neither sky-blue nor evil glowey red is very appealling to me.

> Can't kill.
> Can't raise the dead.
> Can't make people fall in love.
> Bound to the side of a companion for all eternity.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

>
Become a Genie, have a companion wish for your freedom, wait for your full powers to return (yes that's canon), and you have dealt with the slavery part.

It's not so much that I wouldn't trust a companion themselves - but they are much more fallible and vulnerable. This is one of the reasons why I didn't go Servant in either of the Fate jumps - even though there's only three command seals, having to obey any order...too harsh for me.

Alternatively you can get Evil Power from the Mother jump, and then make your lamp the object that corrupts others to your will.

Then get a few more corruption perks to increase the effects of Evil Power. You can then leave your lamp lying around in some easy to find place, and then wait for your new minion to find you.

Could an AQ/DF/etc. jump have an option for Warlic's reverse mana cost thing? It would be an interesting way to have an actual unlimited mana option and the built in down side would keep that from being too overpowered.

Tell you what, you built it, put the option in, and then we'll all be sure to tell you what's wrong with it.

While that could be an interesting idea, I dont know if anyone is working on those jumps yet. I mean I'd love to see a DF jump but I dont recall seeing any claims on them, unless I am misremembering.

Someone did claim the Artix games, in the IRC though so I'm not sure if that counts or not.

Who?

Some folks here, , , , , , & seem to need me to clarify some things so here we go!.

Read the Guide [800]: You seeming have a sixth sense to ‘just know’ things. It’s like having a perfect strategy guide and a decent idea of hidden objectives. Outside of out of context moments, such as Ganon suddenly appearing in front of you during a side-quest or Vaati throwing you into another dimension, you’ll be able to complete any one task set before you as long as you do everything your sense tells you to, sudden shifts in your objectives can be adapted to but doing so takes time, sometimes a few seconds but oftentimes a minute or more, and you’ll find that something of value when Ganon is pulling a Kool-Aid man before spamming fireballs.
Even if you should be taken completely by surprise you’ll find you still have the ability to gain a sizable edge on most enemies, having a general knowledge of their powers and some idea of their weaknesses, though some foes are incredibly complex without very particular combinations of skill, powers, items, and general battle acumen used at particular stages of the fight you’ll find that this sense can’t help you as it assumes you’ve followed it’s instructions.
Using this sense you could technically ‘achieve victory no matter what’, however the truth of the matter is that something that grandiose usually has hundreds of millions of intricate steps and is almost impossible to complete in a decade and each Jump has a different Victory to achieve. Something like ‘beating the final boss’ would have you running around doing lots of fetch-quest like work but eventually result in you having a very particular combination of skill, powers, items, and general battle acumen needed to do so nigh every time. Absolutes tasks, such as the Achieve victory no matter what’ task take more time, always.

I carified some points. Still too good?

#
GIVE ME A P
GIVE ME AN A
GIVE ME A R
GIVE ME AN A
GIVE ME A N
GIVE ME AN O
GIVE ME AN I
GIVE ME A D

What's that spell?

WAKFU!

I honestly don't know who's making it

As a continuation of Frivolous Update Week I've updated Adventure Time in an incredibly minor way.

Was making a build for it in a run that's pretty companion heavy. Realised that you can have a leftover 50 CP with certain backgrounds as you can only get perks with the import, there are no 50 CP perks, there are 300 CP perks with discounts and only Wizards get discounted 100 CP perks. As such I've now stuck in that you can also buy 50 CP items with your companions CP with the import option.

Leftover CP always bugs me so now you can spend it on daily apple pies.

That fucking meta thread trying to kill CYOAs is still going on.

There were quite a few at the start when /qsg/ was still a new thing, weren't there?

Anyway can't find it, don't care. This too shall pass.

>Don't care if jumpchain gets executed.

Dude.

There's been tonnes of people coming to JC/cyoa gen trying to yell 'em off the board

They're not here anymore

We still are

Do the math

Not really, no. If these threads get banned we'll either move somewhere or I will find other shit to do with my time.

Considering this is an admin-supported meta topic about changing the Veeky Forums board, it's a bit more meaningful than just a shitposter.

>we'll either move somewhere
To a dead board with no traffic.

Then I guess I will find other shit to do with my time.

What because some people are arguing about whether CYOAs should stay on Veeky Forums?

You know there's been arguments along those lines about pretty much every type of thread on Veeky Forums right?

See

Get on over there then, champ. Since it seems like you're the only one who thinks it's a big deal why don't you get on over there and be the change you want to see?

Just wish to have their powers without being one nor having any of their restrictions. Or wish to be a free genie with full powers. You still have 2 wishes left after you wish to be a free genie.

Being a planetary wide (at minimum) reality warper with a lot of toon/force is nice.

I am.

>You're the only one that thinks it's a big deal.
History is full of self-sure idiots who have doomed themselves.

Just get the No Sell perk.

No weakness, no rules to abide.

Some people draw a meaningful difference between the words "greatly decreased" and "no", user.

Just saying.

Fuck history. Least favorite course, glad I'm not on the history board.

Not worth being a top-heavy red or blue thing, imo. If that was all I cared about I'd just pull a Darkhallow.

Full of self-righteous cunts as well m8.

So I came up with the nightmare difficulty scenario for Tales of Phantasia, which is a somewhat more 'reasonable' variant of my old idea.

Prevent the death of the Mana Tree for 1,000 years, while constant booms in magitech keep happening and everyone is itching to use their Mana Cannons on each other. Killing off the entire planet or taking over every kingdom counts as losing the scenario (though not the chain).

On a scale of one to Treadmill, how fun does this sound.

I guess I can just start granting myself perks at that point.

Genies have great shapeshifting abilities.

The Genie turns into a normal human from time to time. And Jafar spends most of the second movie into a regular human form.

If a no turns into a can do, then the weakness holds no meaning.

Alternatively you can combine forms with This Is, In Fact, My Final Form to gain just the powers.

I would say just more than half a treadmill given you could theoretically complete the scenario while sitting down, and it's bound to be more interesting than the ol' human hamsterwheel

... Time to take over every kingdom.

Except for one

False-flagging Questfag detected.

I'm just curious-since SMT and Exalted are, at least by word of mouth, the most conceptually buff settings out there I'm curious how do they compare to each other?

More importantly, how do you think characters from each setting would react to each other? I wonder what Lucifer would think of the net results of the Unconquered Sun's choices. Or how Malfeas would react to YHVH.

> Leave one kingdom free.
> They start thinking of themselves as the rebel kingdom.
> They keep advancing magitech as a consistently faster and more dangerous rate than they would otherwise.
Though that would actually be pretty cool. Assuming you could get some spies or surveillance in there, they might give you some good ideas.

The best feeling is taking that perk that has your enemies get your powers but you know them better than anyone and know how to counter them or trick them utilizing smarts and this jump's only abilities

Any perks that make harems socially acceptible?

Yes. Many.

What Perk is this?

Also any suggestions for drawbacks. I need some in the 200 and 300 point range. I've got one 300 pt option and two 100 point options as well as three 0pt options.I'd like at least two of each minimum before I post the WIP though I'd prefer three. Kinda feeling too nostalgic after replaying the game to come up with a drawbacks.

As in throughout all of society? That's an oddball question, but I think that there are a few, I'm currently in a monogamy in chain though so I haven't done much research on the subject.

I am strongly reminded of my Civilization and Master of Orion days...

>beat up all but one nation/empire
>beat last nation/empire back to a single city/planet
>play in planet/galaxy-sized sandbox
>eventually get bored, bring entire planet/galaxy worth of military might down on puny 1 pop city/planet.

I meant drawback.

Drawback is what I meant Gaunlet

Does it count as taking over if you exert non-governmental pressure via Person of Interest like surveillance and manipulation?

For any given jumper it seems like it would be ridiculously easy or impossibly hard. If it's about the time passing, that's probably more of a bonus than whatever actual reward you are offering.

The difficulty gets progressively higher as time goes on, and this itself gets even faster the more control you exert. Subtle and precise is the way to go, so this method is a good one.

The reward will be your own Mana Seed and Martel as a companion, who is a powerful spellcaster with thousands of individuals who worked towards first creating the tree within her being in some form.

Wait, there's a master of orion jump?

We need Strike-chan to update X-Com 2 to include Shen's last gift

Robot companion is already offered

Don't you dare tell me that the robot in that is any different from the Advent bot.

Nah, he probably meant playing the actual games.

...it is, though.

And I find it odd you are not offering armors Made from the royal alien things that were added?

Also I don't understand this bit "Upgrades can be purchased for an Avenger that you don't get to keep to give you a leg up"

So if you take the drawback that has your choices matter from XCom jump and take the gauntlet, do you keep XCom 1 stuff?

So is the Rookies option just the companion generator while Import is regular import?

Oh, right. Ages ago, someone asked me what the point of making a contract with Samsara was. Well, it's true that being the metaphysical meta-Fate that underlies existence in Exalted observation of it has a vast array of applications like providing the necessary insight to intuit complex Essence patterns such as Sapphire circle sorcery and access to virtually all information in existence in a very disorganised form. But the real advantage?

The real advantage is having a plausible explanation for solving problems in Creation by printing out SELECT parts of the actual Exalted sourcebooks and showing the relevant parts to the major players of Exalted. See, mechanics aside the Exalted sourcebooks are chock-full of lore. Much of which is the kind that people in the setting really, really need to know.

This way, instead of fielding complicated questions about whether everything is a story or not, I can just say "I have a complicated relationship with Samsara and I derived these prophecies from my communion with it".

Well, that and the reactions.

The Unconquered Sun: "Oh, so THAT'S why all my Chosen went mad with power. Also why do all these pictures of me show me raising my arms and shouting?"

Luna: "Ha. Just as planned. Also, this form pleases me. Henceforth, all shall know me as Lady Gaga with skinny calves"

Endings: "Yep, story of my life. Tell anyone about Nox and I'll be obliged to-wait. My forehead doesn't look that huge, right?"

The Princess Magnificent: "...I must end the world to avenge the indignity of being depicted as a hungry goblin by Samsara itself"

The Lover: "I appear to be high on something in this one. Not complaining, though"

Eremboar: "Who is this strange shadow being and why is it depicted above my name?"

Ligier: "Ha, classic me!"

Malfeas: "WHY DOES THIS PICTURE DEPICT ME AS HAPPY?! WHY AM I WEARING CLOTHES?!? I. HAVE. SO MANY QUESTIONS"

The "If you are Advent don't ask me about your builds you traitors"

WELL MAYBE I WANT TO DESTROY THEM FROM INSIDE?

Man, whenever I try to read one of these threads they're deleted by the mods before I can read them.

Season 2... So does it just boost the aliens to be better than what we had by end of XCom 1 or is there a different way to wank it?

Oh boy. You spoke and the thread got filled with people asking questions.

Sorry for this but I need to know. Field Commander, will it let us be the X-Com commander without taking the drawback, the no power option in the commander one irks me and the Gauntlet option doesn't even give you the points that For Commander would give you... And I assume I can't take both? And could we use Rookie option to get Shen's granddaughter?

I think you can take both For Commander and For Commander Gauntlet. The Gauntlet doesn't mention you being commander and stuff

Doing a new run with 8 companions where I mostly just lie around delegating stuff.

My companions early on are pretty clearly more powerful than me and I've mostly just got a lot of social stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions for good (i.e. good value) 8 people companion imports?

It's pretty early on so I haven't been to many places yet and I'm sure there's a bunch of obvious stuff I'm missing.

X-Com

Maybe Sburb?

Sburb, Worm, SMT, Gravity Falls, Anima: Beyond Fantasy.

FFTA gives a lot of power for a little bit of investment. FF6 was a good one too. Of course, there's always Forgotten Realms. Oh! And Soul Eater. It's going to cost you a few extra points there, but the power your Companions can get out of it is pretty nice.

Those are just the few I remember off the top of my head.

All seem bretty gud.

Want to stay relatively low risk initially though,

Generic Game Developer.

As someone who's done pretty much the same thing, City Of Heroes nets you some really good and diverse powersets for companions, Sekirei while having limited options for imports, makes it so that you can boost other people's abilities to absurd levels with a kiss.

The sad part about this build is that it's impossible to avoid becoming stronger than your companions. Believe me, I tried to avoid it.

This is where being a jumper dependent on items and basic skills is fun
>Nanoha Devices
>Everything under the Kamen Rider themed Sun
>Symphogeah, just, Symphogeah
>Boktai Solar Guns/Sol De Vice/whatever Arsenal derivatives
>RWBY I guess has nice capacity to synthesize the above

so does the Sabaton user plan to update Sabaton jump for the newest album or not?

Wakfu made that jump and Wakfu was chased off. So no, I don't think he'll be updating it.

Is a good import. Perks strike me as sort of weird ones to give to companions though. Guess science and business companions could get a fair bit out of it, not sure about my witch.

I forgot about City of Heroes. Definitely a strong one. Remember I spent ages on a companion build for that a while back.

I Was wondering why I hadn't seen himthe last few times I dropped by the thread

Assuming I can reliably BTFO them, would an immunity to mind control and several "strength of soul" perks be enough to safely diablerize Antediluvians?

*mind control and possession

Rolled 7 (1d8)

Jump: Mucha Lucha (No. 2)
Origin: Rudo
Perks:It's A Way of Life
Part of the Mask- Viktor summons a group of soldiers to attempt to arrest his opponents. (800)
Rulebreaker
Magnificent Bastard (600)
Noble Blue Demon (300)
Are you rrrready to RRRRUUMMBBLEEE?!(200)
Items: La Mascara el Demonio Azul (0)

Not much to write about Viktor's time here, other than the possibility of him throwing down with other world leaders if wrestling is as important elsewhere as it apparently is in the small town he found himself in. Viktor's wrestler name was "President Pain", since I can't think of anything better.

1. Mortal Hero Gauntlet
2. Bionicle
3. Mega Man Classic
4. Star Wars- The Original Trilogy
5. Exalted- The Dragonblooded
6. 1984
7. Metal Wolf Chaos
8. Batman Nolanverse

Saved: Victoria 2

>Metal Wolf Chaos
VIKTOOOOOOOOR!

What power/person is self molecular manipulation in X Men based on?

Mystique^2

Wow, slow day.
Also any suggestions for drawbacks. I need some in the 200 and 300 point range. I've got one 300 pt option and two 100 point options as well as three 0pt options.I'd like at least two of each minimum before I post the WIP though I'd prefer three. Kinda feeling too nostalgic after replaying the game to come up with a drawbacks.

Which Anteiluvians? The OWoD or NWoD ones?
Because that matters.

The OWoD ones.

Is Diablerie even a thing in Requiem?

>To a dead board with no traffic
Why would board traffic mean anything to Jumpchain? Are there people browsing Veeky Forums who randomly decide to join in a CYOA chain that's been going on for more than a thousand threads? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious, because the idea of joining a regular quest after that long is absolutely boggling to me, and I think a lot of anons dismiss Jumpchain as just another quest due to the thread format.

The thing about Diablerie here is that you need to subsume their soul. Making it so they can't subsume yours is important, but you need to be strong enough of will and have the ability to dissolve theirs and incorporate it into yours completely. In canon, everyone who tried to eat an Antediluvian was fucked over when their soul was consumed by the Antediluvian, either immediately or eventually.

Yes. We get new people every other thread.

This isn't a quest. There's no story, no GMs, nothing. It's making character builds like for an RPG over and over again, and anyone can do so at any time because it's entirely singleplayer.

RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

There are more than a few 'infinite' and 'unbreakable' will perks in the chain. Also, lots anti-corruption and anti-possession perks.

How about one that makes it so you never have the Kinstone piece you need when fusing with someone you know will make something really cool? Because I had that issue a lot in the game.

Yeah, and there are also a few "immunities" to magic.

Yes. I was just pointing out that you need them.

Such as?