Warhammer 40k General

Probably Old Links Too Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
strawpoll.me/11273465
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for true rulers of the galaxy.

Continuing from last thread where it went unnoticed.

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent tourney list? Rules are only 1 CAD, no super heavies, and no gargantuan creatures.

Necron CAD: 1849 points

*HQ*
Overlord; void reaper and phase shifter : 135
Cryptek; Chronometron, Staff of light: 90

*ELITE*
5 Lychguard; Dispersion shields and powerswords, Night Scythe transport: 280
5 Triarch Praetorians; Rods of the covenant: 140
Triarch Stalker; Twin-linked gauss cannon: 135

*TROOPS*
5 Immortals; Tesla carbines: 85
10 Warriors; Ghost ark transport: 235
20 warriors: 260

*FAST ATTACK*
3 Canoptek wraiths; Whip coils: 129
5 Canoptek scarabs: 100
3 Tomb blades; shield vanes: 60

*HEAVY SUPPORT*
Monolith: 200

The plan is to put the Lychguard and overlord in the nightscythe, run them to the enemy, survive a turn of shooting with 3++ and start wreaking havoc with the void reaper. My cryptek will stay with the 20 man blob to give them some sweet support and walk up with the stalker and gark to give them +1 bs and some healing should they need it. The praetorians and wraiths will keep the enemy from focusing on the blobs and the scarabs will try to eat any vehicles the blob doesn't want to shoot at. The monolith will move up on the side for some sweet artillery and to be generally pretty terrifying.

Good list or complete shit? I'm pretty terrible with list building

>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
Yes, it's the decryption error one without Traitors hate, angels blade, killteam or deathwatch.

Let's settle this.

WHICH ARMY HAS THE BIGGEST BASE OF WHINERS!? Justified or not, who bitches the most?

strawpoll.me/11273465

why are nipple marines their own codex?

Monolith is not so good, I'd replace it with a doomsday ark or annihiliation barge if you want some fire support.

If I don't have any of those would it be better to keep it or fill the list out with more boys?

Do any of you faggots even own armies?

I doubt anyone in this thread even has 2000pts+ of models to show from their collection.

5k orks, 2k csm/demons 1500 aspectdar

Dug through my history, found the link with the new epubs

mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

Also, in return if someone could either render those into pdfs or give me an epub viewer than didn't look like tiny unreadable garbage I'd be most thankful.

Readium-PC, Kobo-Android

Making a Death Company list, how did I do?

I'm trying to make each squad capable of taking on any type of enemy I might encounter. Outside of the Dread and the Stormraven, the only way to get melta into the army is through inferno pistols.

Lost Brotherhood Strike Force 1850 Points

Death Company Command – 250 Points

Death Company Chaplain – Jump Pack, Crozius, Inferno Pistol

Death Company Chaplain – Jump Pack, Crozius, Inferno Pistol

Death Company Strike Force

Death Company Chaplain – Jump Pack, Gilded Crozius, Reliquary Armor, Inferno Pistol
180 Points

Death Company Squad – 10 Marines, Jump Packs, 2 Inferno Pistols, 3 Power fists
335 Points

335 Points

335 Points

Death Company Dreadnought – Blood Talons, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Magna Grapple, Drop Pod
180 Points

Stormraven Gunship Dedicated Transport – Twin-linked Multi-melta, Twin-linked Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolters, Extra Armor
235 Points

More immortals, you have plenty of warriors for sitting on objectives.

Or a Spyder if you have one.

"Because that's how they've always been" is the commonly accepted answer.

Its not like they couldn't be rolled back without major disruption. Angels of Death (and detachments/traits/relics for each chapter) makes it even less difficult

>Readium-PC
is there a way to make that work with a two-page view? single pages on a widescreen monitor looks bleh

Dunno, i have a second "portrait" screen for reading, browsing and spread sheets.

Yes

Would it be better to have 1 squad of 10 or 2 squads of 5 with each having a different gun?

I have a really old picture of most of my Marine company, none of it painted as it was in the process of being stripped down.

Buy an e-reader second hand cheap

Every time I've tried to use the option with a 40k epub it doesn't work, though. Am I crazy? Or retarded?

i got 4k or so of daemons. i'm about done with the army now as far as buying goes. painting wise i have a good deal to go, but now i'm a bit better and it's tempting to do touchups. oh and everything needs to be sealed

But no Pics?

Good luck with the work load, what chapter are you going with.

That's one Thicc Necron.

Ultramarines 4th, the Crusader has the FW doors, might be hard to notice with the garbage quality. Will continue with them after college.

I think the ripping strips the code line that make two page spread an option

>But no Pics?
I keep my minis at the club unless I'm working on them.

They're a bitch to haul around in a bike.

>I think the ripping strips the code line that make two page spread an option
Well, damn. At least the GW e-books actually have book formatting now instead of the hot garbage they shit out at the end of 6th/start of 7th edition (SoB "codex" for example).

1 squad of 10, all gauss blasters.

From /toy/ with love

is it just me or does always have high quality shots and sets?

Making a 500 pts list with some fluff
Librarian with a 5 man tactical squad in a rhino, and a skitarii battle dominus maniple

Veeky Forums approved.

>That servo skull

10/10

Imagine if we had legit 40k lego

>40k lego
>needing specific sets of lego to make anything

No fucking imagination anymore. We had plain blocks and we liked it.

Well we could stop complaining about the prices of GW stuff then I suppose.

Just did a count of my orks.

100 slugga boyz 600
70 shoota boys 490
70 gretchin 210
45 lootas 630
35 nobz 700
25 flash gits 550
17 bikers 306
10 kommandoes 100
10 tankbustas 150
7 killa kan 245
6 mek gunz 72
5 stormboyz 45
3 buggy 105
3 warboss 180
3 big mek 105
2 dakkajet 220
2 looted tank 130
2 trukk 70
2 battle waggon 220
1 deff dredd 80
1 mega dredd 195
1 meka dredd 175
1 stompa 770
1 ghazgkull 225
1 badrukk 110
1 wierdboy 45

Totals to: 6728

And I've more shit coming.
For the Hoard!

Well shit it seems as though I've misplaced 6 of my black knights.

The whole army is still a WiP since work has been crazy the last few months.

I was going to add an MSU Lions Blade with Razorbacks to my collection but since games slowed down I didn't bother dropping the cash to add more to my WiPile.

Seriously where the fuck are my other 6 Black Knights

>Seriously where the fuck are my other 6 Black Knights

They ran away to hide in shame

I for one welcome our new proletarian overlords

Can't take a picture right now, so have a year old one, most everything is painted now and not pictured is one hierophant (from chinaman)
A list since it's hard to see what's going on
2x flyrants
1x Swarmlord
1x Tervigon
1x Zoanthrope
15x Genestealers
1x Broodlord
60x Hormagaunts
40x Termagants
12x Warriors
21x Rippers
3x Raveners
2x Trygon/Mawloc
1x Exocrine (missing his head)
1x Hierophant

Kids got their hands on em?

On the contrary, it is you who is missing something: evidence.
All forms of the machine cult, including the dark mech, are hoarders of technology, not likely to share it. Moreover, there is no evidence that the dark mech ever perfected graviton to become grav weaponry. Unless you can provide evidence they did, there is no reason for CSM have the option to take grav because they have no widespread access to it.

Forgot pic

better dead than nid

DO YOU SEE THE BLUE PAINT?

Oh and one Carnifex

>1 mega dredd
>1 meka dredd
>7 killa kan
>1 deff dredd

I look forward to the day they throw things like that in the Troops section and quit cluttering up Heavy Support like they do.

Coincidentally a package just showed up for 6 black knights from Russia...

I'll be honest with you guys, I'm really considering buying into Genestealer Cults.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

Good meme friend

You want mega dredd troops?

Hmm I think in wanna loot that vehicle.

>Doesn't include my pic with the blue marines

They look like ass and xenos made them retarded

Why does GW hate the Blood Angels?
We waited two years for an update and when it finally came it was worse than the Chaos book.
I like it in terms of fluff and some of the crunch is good but the Demi Company was phoned in and several things were not updated, our Vanguard Veterans being particularly awful still.

It really feels like someone at GW has it out for us.

>Do any of you faggots even own armies?
Of course.
Ive got about 2500 points worth of marines, and 2100 points worth of crons.
I'd post pics, but I'm currently on a buisness trip with no access to my models or pics of them.

So I just went onto Lexicanum for the first time in a while and see that

a) it's now owned by BoLS
b) the sign for English has an American flag next to it which triggers me

Why do they have to ruin everything...

Well they weren't trying to take my car, I just checked. If anyone in my army needs to hide in shame its the Deathwing Knights.

>Kids
None yet, and my only pets are in a cage. Actually looking everywhere now and can't seem to find them. Its been over a month since my last game so I hope they arent gone forever.

Yeah if I can't find them I am sure I will go the China Route which sucks because the ones I misplaced were almost all done and painted.

>We waited two years for an update and when it finally came it was worse than the Chaos book.
No, no it's not. In any way shape or form.

I'm new to 40k and to my knowledge it is looked down upon to not paint your minis. THAT IS A INSANE AMOUNT OF UNPAINTED ORKS!

The point being there was no blue paint on the original badly painted IG.

Not really, accept the warmth of the Hive Mind into your heart my son.

Still no PDF version of Angel's Blade?

Same, if the cults get access to most Leman Russ variants then Im just going to buy some HQs, some cultists an mix all my genestealers and russes into a genestealer cult.

>b) the sign for English has an American flag next to it which triggers me
As it should be. One day all pathetic yuropoors shall be rendered irrelevant.

>they look like ass

No, fuck you, they look great, you have terrible taste.

>bangles players still whinning
>while deldar, nids, orks and csm still exist
>even after getting the better book in a CHAOS campaign

Free VotLW and ObSec on your core choice is worse than the Red Thirst and Sons of Sanguinius?

Fuck you.

Its way better than the chaos book. Its just not anything special.

BA, like a lot of other books too, needs to complete overhaul not a polish on the turd.

Veeky Forums exaggerates that, I've had 5 various flgs with moving around a fair amount and they've all been okay with any amount of unpainted shit provided some painting was been done over time.

Right that's it. Take that cargo ship with next months releases on back to Liverpool.

At least Chaos' core choice is much better than the BA Demi Company.

On top of i have well over 2k+ Necrons that I still havent been able to get rid of.

No good picture of them, they just gather dust on my shelf.

Still haven't made one? Wow, you're a piece of shit, huh?

He wouldn't be a CSM player if he didn't whine at every opportunity.

I buy used lots, most of the work is still stripping shit.

Stil haven't picked a colour scheme so can't start priming yet.

>metallic vehicles

Assault from deep strike termies
Grav
Everyone already has ATSKNF so free VoTLW is a meaningless comparison.

Well that's sad, pretty sure I saw you on /wip/ a couple of months ago, why'd you abandon your crons?

Nearly done on my start collecting box! What should I work on next? I'm thinking I want to expand with a second melta squad, a plasma squad, and a valkyrie.

...also, are valks better with missiles, rocket pods, multi lasers, or lascannons?

Not even a CSM player. Vannila marines actually. But the statement that tratiors hate is better than angles blade is completely wrong.

looks like some kind of double barreled turret in the background

an alt build for the truck?

You do have to admit that calling Angel's Blade better than Traitor's Hate is retarded. Also calling out CSMs when is whinier than any CSM I have ever encountered is absolutely ridiculous.

At work. Just started 40K about 2 months ago. So far I have a 735 pt. IG Army. I'm at work so no current pic.
x1 Lord Commissar
x2 Veteran Grenadier Squad + Meltas + Autocannon
x1 Kasrkin Stormtrooper + Grenade Launchers (subject to change.)
x1 Vanquisher + Multi Melta Sponsers, Lascannon
x1 Valkyrie + Missle Pod + Lascannon

Cleaned up version.

I tend to go multi-laser+pods, the missiles being ordnance means that you're snapfiring everything else if you fire them.

Rocket pod + multilaser, heavy bolter sponsons if you're feeling generous. The missiles are effectively a one use krak missile with tank hunter that makes you snap shoot everything else, and suck balls. The lascannon doesn't synergize with any of its other weapons.

Yes actually.

Troops or Elites.

But Troops if they could be slotted there.

Yeah LD 9 and Hatred ARMIES OF THE IMPERIUM (more than half of the existing armies) is really useless.

Also Chaos got its own Assault from Deepstrike Formation so why are you complaining?

>implying we couldn't then complain about Lego's prices

Im I went with rocket pod because I can do pic related with it.

they are gay

Yeah the lot is no where close to painted. That said it does have a ton of metallics in its scheme. They are all primed with the Army Painter Platemail. Here is a WiP pic of the Doom/Night Scythe that is further along.

>why'd you abandon your crons?
You probably saw my friend who was going to buy them off me. I was letting him play and paint them but then he changed his mind and went to Ad Mech instead.

Necrons aren't my playstyle and I dont enjoy their fluff so I had hoped to reinvest whatever I got for them into a Lions Blade for my Dark Angel's. I've tried to set up a couple trades online that never come through. It is closer to 3k than two and I wanted B@C and ~6 razorbacks/rhinos so I could at least be on my way to the battle company.

>Also Chaos got its own Assault from Deepstrike Formation so why are you complaining?
I'm not complaining. I'm not a CSM player, so I have no reason to complain. I'm just pointing out you're an idiot.
Also, yes CSM did get their own assault from deep strike formation, which is objectively worse than the BA one. Also, hatred imperium is sure helpful vs eldar, tau, crons, daemons, etc, right?

Oh shit that's actually a pretty cool scheme, user.

Post pics from games you've played recently

Assault from Deep Strike with no way to control when they come in, if they'll mishap, and is on 2A no AP models. Yeah, real helpful.

(Taking warp talons in a raptor talon is retarded because they still don't have grenades).