/EDH/ - Commander/EDH General

My waifu edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-edh-copy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-09-16-wildborn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey guys I kinda been getting some info to build my Meren deck, this will be my first EDH deck ever and I really like it. I know there's some cards that go into this deck that make it better like Imperial Seal and what not but I'm not a millionaire at the moment so these will be cards I'll eventually add.

For now, can I get some help with suggestions/recommendations/etc.

What to add/remove/etc.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-edh-copy/

Thanks.

Post em

Convince me to spend $25 USD on a single piece of cardboard.

Please.

What 25 dollar piece of cardboard is tempting you with its siren call, user?

no

Just do it.

/soc/

Will unwinding clock untap my artifacts through a stasis?

Why do you fags post this in every single edh thread. There's not that many people who haven't seen this already.

She's incredible. All your stuff being indestructible is nice, and she forces your opponents to waste premium removal or just leave you alone. The best part is that she's also a XBOXHUEG flyer with vigilance, so she can close out a game easily without dropping your defences.

Buy this slightly cheaper piece of cardboard and just be happy.

>it's another "waifufags shit up the EDH thread" episode

My favorite blue creature

Man, I was just looking at this card the other day fantasy-building a Sigarda deck no less. Just be happy it's not RoE Linvala.

Have you ever played against an Avacyn Angel of Hope deck before?
if so, how did it go?

Either it rolls over everyone or gets exiled as soon as she sets her pinky toe on the battlefield

This is the greatest card that has ever been or will ever be printed

Holy shit

Why is gifts banned? Does double entomb really break the format that badly?

When you can grab spells with Flashback?

Yeah.

No one wants to lose to Elesh Norn/Iona + Unburial Rites every game.

Was it banned before Unburial Rites?

Acidic Slime
Caustic Caterpillar
Maelstrom Pulse
Grave Pact

That's the best reason? Iona locks only one color and Elesh isn't even that big a threat in edh.

I might enjoy building decklists more than playing them. Does that mean I'm a Johnny? I always thought I was a Timmy.

Unburial Rites + Big game-winning creature is just the most obvious thing it can do.

Gifts allows you to ship a combo straight into the yard, Entomb doesn't.

So lands are expensive as shit, paying 400+ for a fast and efficient land base is killer. This makes certain commanders just way to expensive for most people due to the need for efficient color fixing.

If you guys got the land base for free, as in all of the necessary color fixing was given to you, what multicolor commander would you play?

If I got the land base for it I would happily build Pic related. I would be able to justify the cool creatures and such for it if I didn't have to spend hundreds just for the freaking land base.

Are both Sigardas worth it for Rafiq Voltron? We do have two Meren players that go full dictate of erebos Sac outlet tokens everytime but we can usually deal. She is just good in general so maybe.

I might go for Slivers. Not sure what commander though. Probably the tutor one.

Sliver Overlord.

All that expensive mana base and rocks, as well as Sliver Queen and Sliver Legion.

I've got a Rafiq Voltron deck, and due to budget reasons I use Tajuru preserver instead of anti-sac sigarda, though you could run both. I do run the other one though, and she's definitely worth it. Play her before you play rafiq though, otherwise they'll just remove rafiq before you drop Sigarda.

Tooth and nail let's you ship it straight to the battlefield.

Tooth and Nail isn't 4 mana

Tooth and Nail only grabs creatures.

Tooth and Nail isn't blue

I had a five color Horde deck with a fairly budget mana base, since shocks got reprinted. It was fun.

You don't need duals to play 5 color, man.

I just want to dump a reanimator target and deep analysis into the graveyard eot ;_;

All of this, I always wanted to make a deck all about killing people with the this glorious bastard.

I have a modern polymorph deck that spins into him and would love to carry that over into EDH as well...

Is there anything good that can be done with Jalira? I was considering building a deck that runs only blue legendaries and then spins them into a few win condition creatures like Blightsteel, Tidespout tyrant, It that Betrays and maybe Pathrazer of ulamog and then use a few powerful blue spells to finish the table off.

Any one know of guides or have any ideas?

I really want to build a deck with pic related, so pic related.

I was testing Alesha last night and I realized I need more tutors to make sure the deck gets the pieces it needs. My only problem is that I worry about tutoring up and playing the same shit every game

Anyone else fall into this trap? How do you get around it?

Focus less on synergy, control and combo, focus more on goodstuff, aggro and midrange.

play big creatures and token generators that arent creatures

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-09-16-wildborn/

What should I take out of my deck to make room for the stuff in my maybe board?

I hate that too. I've dismantled so many decks due to this. That's why I stick to lots of subthemes, avoid tutors and don't draw a billion cards.

Should I build this poo in loo?

I dunno

What do you know?

I badly need to go to the toilet but my boss will get pissy because I already take too many bathroom breaks because I drink too many energy drinks.

Frame him for CP or fraud or something my dude.

Guys i need some nice card draw in green. Harmonize and soul's majesty seem great. What else am I missing?

It's just a ug value machine.

Is Marath fun/good at all? It seems all right but I'm sure there are ways to abuse its abilities

Is tappedout down or is it just me?

Sylvan Library, Regal Force.

Do you smoke?

Does your boss smoke?

Because I can promise you they spend more times taking "breaks" than any piss breaks can.

Waiting for a deck to come in is suffering

It's not just you

If I were to order the full 100 cards online from magic card market, how much should I expect to pay on shipping costs in total?

I'm a eurofag in case it matters.

I suppose. Letting my shit die is probably a good thing too
I like to draw

Its fucking with me as well now

Who doesn't like to draw?

Depends on total value, country of origin and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can review your cart and check the shipping costs before purchasing, though, so I suggest that.

Shamanic Revelation if you go wide. Drawing cards with free life gain attached fees great.

Good Stuff is just as boring as combo. This is why Black decks are all samey.

This is the correct path. Only a few tutors to grab answers.

Depends on a shitload of things, but particularely which kind of cards you are ordering.

Are you ordering common cards that most stores have, like commander precon rares or cards from the last 3-4 years, then you should be able to get it in a few shipments.

If its lots of old expensive cards, expect to use a lot of different sellers to get all the cards you need.

Also, the price of the cards decide the shipping costs, for example tracked shipping costs way more than untracked.

Usually it's like 1.5-3 euros per shipment for untracked and 5+ depending on how expensive your cards are on tracked shipments. (Like a €250 card cost me €23 in shipping)

>Bitching about Pox in commander.

Sue me, weaklings

Well, the most expensive card on the list is like... 8 euros. it'd cost me 105 for all of it against price trend (so generally a bit lower per card, I believe), but I noted down the price trend since that's what people in my LGS look at when trading.

>that feel when I went out and bought a pox, smallpox, deathcloud and mortician beetle for my Mazirek
>that other feel testing it out in 4 player against a group of timmies with their meren decks and a group of johnnies with whatever UR nonsense is popular these days
The best part was when I emrakul's evangel'd a board with sengir autocrat and Endrek Sahr while kalonian hydra was out. 11 3/2 Eldrazi swinging as 25/24s was pretty spiffy.

>tfw longtime play group dissolved

Tapped out is back online!

>Build stax: its too boring and not fun for other players
>Build combo: All games become "Did they kill me by turn 5, if not I win"
>Build Voltron: Did they block me? If not I win. so similar to combo
>Build Aggro: either win big or become irrelevant
>Build control: Its just a slower, more drawn out form of Stax

Fuck me mates, Its getting hard to just find something fun. Decks seem so sameish.

What are crazy, out of the ordinary commanders to have fun with. I want to build something that is interesting.

Have you tried not being a faggot? Try making fun decks like bullshit tribal or whatever as long as it isn't made to only win as soon as possible. Such as a horde of notions decks with whatever elementals you have.

I like to draw too, but I found that if my hand goes over about 10, I end up doing the same thing every game.

It sounds like you are a Timmy, to be honest.

Everything in moderation, man. That's really the jist. I usually play pseudo control, but I always have something going on, which stops it from being completely boring.

There is a reason when people ask me what my win condition is, I am so incredulous. It is just dudes or damage. Just whatever I have on the field at the time I can win.

Life's Legacy
Hunter's Insight

Horde is incredibly boring.
t. Guy who's played it a good while

What is pissing me off is that it never changes and I have to read it again to see that. As soon as I see mono red Dragon I know exactly what the meta is.

Can't be as bad as mine, we all moved away but come back to hometown for events. we still play together but it's always the same decks and we all swear we are building new ones.

No shit, being a Timmy is the best.

Why is Avacyn twice as expensive as Griselbrand when Griselbrand actually sees play outside EDH? Do casuals really have that much of an Angel fetish?

Because EDH is a huge driver of price and he's fucking banned in EDH?

I posted mine once, then I updated it and now I haven't posted it since. My brother and I are considering some different decks, so I might have an update next week, but I agree that it doesn't seem necessary to post them every thread.

You can go a long way by just skewing your mana-base towards Green and running a lot of land grabbing cards and mana rocks.

I built Sliver Hivelord for a friend of mine and it had a noticeable amount of Basic forests, but he always ended up able to cast his commander with hardly any trouble.

That doesn't really follow though.
Every EDH player that wants an Avacyn wants 1.
Anyone playing Grishoalbrand, Goryo's Vengeance, variations of Sneak/Show, Reanimator or Tin Fins wants 3-4 Griselbrands.

Demand seems like it should favor Griz.

So, since I am not a Eurofag, does anyone know where I can get a French Descend Upon the Sinful?

I really, really want one, and I can't find them anywhere.

eBay. You might have to pay through the nose for shipping charges, but look around and see if any listings happen to have good international shipping. I got a Wurmspiralmaschine from Germany that way once, though it obviously took quite a long while to arrive.

Why specifically that card though?

It translates as Descend Upon the Fishermen.

I was thinking of making a Sigarda Hatebears with a minor Angel tribal subtheme. Are there any must haves for the deck?

I see.
My taste in foreign card names is a little more reliant on direct humor.

It is fun if you run less five color good stuff and more obscure elementals rather than the mainstays.

Casuals don't give a shit about Grizz. Every sixth casual is an angel waifu faggot.

Build Wanderer, but don't be a dick about it. Prioritize the "let's see what happens" aspect over the raw power. If you're not playing Unexpected Results, you're not doing it right.

The potential of RUG and of Wanderer is so high that you won't need to crank the power level up to still pull out wins, and you should have enough going on in the deck that it's not going to be clear how you'll win until you're actually winning.

Haddock Team, Haven Mindseizer, Ajani Spitemage, Bath to Textile, Wards to Bowsnares, Detainment Beast, etc.

That's why it was boring user. It's not fun when everything feels so... Unimpactful

How do I build a fun deck that also has a chance of winning?

If I play my good decks, I'm bored and closing everyone out. If I play my bad decks, I sometimes have fun but am getting shit on

I don't know, then. You can either run what everyone else does (i.e. Maelstrom Wanderer from the yard, Avenger of Zendikar + Fertilid, Ashling the Pilgrim, etc.) or you can run cute less impactful obscure elementals like Thicket Elemental, Mournwhelk, Creeperhulk, Crater Elemental.

You can't really only run obscure Johnny jank and complain about it being not impactful. And you can't really complain about the strong impactful cards being boring, since that's why they are ubiquitous.

Welcome to the real world, bitch.

I learned to enjoy being shit on. That's why my Reki is so fun. I don't except to win, so if I ever do, I am pleasantly surprised.

But to enjoy that, you gotta get your shit decks to the point that the losing position isn't as shitty. Make sure you aren't hellbent all the time. Make sure you have something to play every turn, even if it isn't very good. Make sure you don't play with certain types of players who make losing even more unfun than just losing.

Get better players. Everyone playing 75% decks usually works well.

Also note, if someone wins the game abruptly, play for second.

Lasereyes, is that you? ?? Congrats my dude. Sounds like the last few threads advice really helped

Norn is my cardfu

This is honestly a really good list. If I were to change things I would consider a different combo since Devourer and Trisk aren't very good on their own (Avenger + Craterhoof comes to mind). Void Winnower is kind of meh for its cost, but I guess it's a reanimation target, not a dude you're looking to cast. I would expect Gravepact and Dictate of Erebos to do more work in a Meren deck than the two Abyss cards. I'm not sure about Chrome Mox when you could add Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf instead.

the best way to explain it is to ask the local blue player that has a good deck to put it in. When it was legal everytime i cast it i would ask myself how this wasn't banned. Mot cards shouldn't be banned this is not one of those cards