/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

We're currently working on Expansion 2

Thirsty Kitty Edition

Here's the current worklog:
| Expac 2 |
-Story
-Rules
-Loose details

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
Q - What is Towergirls?
A Veeky Forums creation. Read more here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tower_Girls

Q - How do I play?
A - It's a CYOA, there are no established mechanics for the rescue. All the pages to the game are in the imgur album linked in resources.

Q - Why aren't/are we we working on; Fan Gen III/Knights/combat mechanics/etc.
A - We recognize that spreading out our efforts is part of what originally killed the project after Gats left. Accordingly, we're focusing on just one thing at a time and finishing them out.

Q - Hey, can we make a princess about X fetish?
A - It generally comes down to what people like. Propose the idea and see if others want it.

Q - Is there a map/unified setting?
A - Nope. Though proposals have been made, nothing concrete has been created.

Q - Can I post fanart/fanfiction here?
A - Go right on ahead. Just make sure it's within the global rules.

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates - pastebin.com/0uCbMGx6 (embed)

Games:
Subtitle Pending:
towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest:
towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Contact Project Lead: [email protected]

Old Thread:

Have the games been doin alright?

They're doin' good.

Did two doodles last night at 2 am. Excuse the sloppy lines. Might color them sometime.

1/2

2/2

I can't draw towers for shit

Clean and straighten those lines n you'll be golden

I was planning on doing just that, similar to an older piece I did (but better this time). Pic related. The sketches are just rough outlines of the ideas.

H E R
R O Y A L
T H I G H N E S S

cute!

progress update

Generation 3
Dinosaur princess, rock princess, night elf princess, redcap princess
water princess, radiant princess, scylla princess, bugbear princess
Rat Princess, Jotun Princess, Tengu Prince(ss), Gemini princess
Homunculus princess/Frankenstein princess, Wisp Princess, Fudge Princess, Tiki Princess
paladin princess, Panda Princess, Fireworks princess[needs card] Drake princess [needs finished card],

Which is 21/20 with franken and homunculus duking it out for the coveted stitched-together-kinda-undead-waifu position with homunculus currently in the lead

Generation 4
Ghoul princess, Oni Princess, Kirin Princess Sun and moon princesses,
Changeling princess, Terriesque princess, Cat princess II Pegasus princess
Lioness Princess [needs art] and nun princess [needs art] P'Orc Princess Buffalo Princess
Gambler Princess Half dragon princess [needs card]

So that's 14/20 there

Gen 5
Devil Princess, Asura princes Volcano Princess, Farmer Princess
siren princess[might want new art], Dryad princess, Nymph Princess Mimic Princess II
Bee Princess Hospitalar Princess [Needs Gen update and art] Rose princess Magical princess
Chi princess, echidna princess, oriad princess, Pajama princess [Needs art]
Hero princess, Boss princess, Idol Princess, Ryu princess [?]

So that's 19/20 + an idea image for a dragon

Also some notable lost princesses who deserve a home
elephant princess, (adult) Vampire princess, (female) Genie princess, Invisible Princess, Pumpkin princess, Lich princess

As always remind me if i've forgotten someones waifu and ill add it to the list

But where's Boy Princess in that first sketch?
Can't have a mystery solving gang with only 4.

Anyone have an updated list of what the current gen still needs in the way of concept sketches? Would like to continue to contribute.

Last posted picture had me doing what was already done.

I know there was a Curse Princess idea a few threads back. Did that ever get sketched?

Nevermind, found it.
Good god.

Also the updated visual spreadsheet

nice touch the "?" on porc princess' nose :)

is my lion princess too furry? Want to go with a more nekomimi design?

I liked your first rendition of her, without all the dreadlocks n beeds. By the end it seemed like to much was goin on

Christ, the porc stuff is gonna give me a headache

>is my lion princess too furry?
Not the guy you're responding to, but there's a lot of furshit in the charts, and people like them. Yours isn't out of place, nor does it need such a drastic redesign unless you want to do that yourself. I'm with Brumus on the dreads and beads; way too much going on. The "bald" look was much better. Female lions don't have huge manes, so all that extra hair looked a bit odd. Props for not using disgusting neon colors, though. I was sort of worried it'd go in that direction.

Plus, it looked pretty cool. Kinda like a Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls games.

What you're missing is that the guy who came up with the stats and character and shit already had a design in mind, he even sketched it. The problem was that your design was completely different from what he envisioned.

So don't turn this into some fucking furry crusade to feed your victim complex.

Bald is pig disgusting.

There was an older design? Got a picture? I'm curious.

Also, calm your tits. Don't need that hostility.

So are animals that act like humans, but people still love them. Animals that have those goofy hairstyles always look jarring. Unless the hair is actually a natural part of them and matches their own body, it's just plain weird looking. I would post an example or two, but I'm not going around breaking global rules for that.

There's a clear difference between furry and anthro. A good part of that difference is the mismatched hairstyles. ESPECIALLY when it's on reptiles, what the fuck is even up with that nonsense?

Calm down

>look jarring
That's your bad opinion.

>There's a clear difference between furry and anthro
Yeah, it's called sexualization. We're making characters for Towergirls Lewd Edition. All the animal characters are furry by default.

This is what Cheesecake wanted her to look like.

Oh shit, that's much better. I didn't even know that was a thing.

I think it is ok. Its not screaming it.

Cheesecake ain't the final fukin leader of tower girls ya know

I do like the design though.

Didn't he make one before that looked far more furry, and then he changed it to that because it looked to similiar to a gnoll brave made, and then brave changed the gnoll to look like the lion because it looked better?

He's not, but it was his princess idea. Brave can't come in, slap something down, and be final arbiter of whether or not that's the design.

He said his intent was for her to be ambiguous looking like dog and cat princess, after getting feedback that it wasn't, he updated the art.

Calm guys, the lion design was a proposal, I simply drew it because I like to sketch and I liked the idea. No problem if the original author wants something different.

I like the original design you made from editing your gnoll character, but I get the feeling this is gonna end in the same shitstorm that hit porc princess

This is actually a bit different. With P'orc, the original artist didn't care either way. This time, it's an issue of the original artist wanting something different from some other artist's redesign, and some people trying to spit at the original creator for no reason other than that they think there's some kind of kink war. The first was solely an user issue, this is one of artists and fanboys.

Lets wait and ask cheesecake then

I don't think we necessarily need to, there's really no debate at all. is the creator's final design. It's what he wanted. He's not 'the boss', but I do think we should respect a creator's vision especially when they're capable of producing art. On the other hand, Brave has said outright he's fine with the creator's design being used, he himself is not trying to push his design over on everyone. It's you and that other user who are trying to do that against BOTH of their wishes, which is rude and means-spirited as fuck.

Im not tryin to push anything, I said I liked the original lion design and wanted to see if cheescake still had an opinion on it

>Tengu Princess
>Her crown isn't a Tokin

REEEEE

It is good to have re-envisioning. Nothing wrong with people trying there own stab at things.

Another attempt at statting a Princess with art.

Dessicated Necropolis Kingdom's
Lich Princess

Love: 0
Lust: 0
Wealth: 4
Power: 5

+ Spent centuries memorizing magic and lore
+ Near endless patience
- Feeds off of your soul
+ Just needs a sip, it'll grow back
- Nothing but skin and bones

Class 1 - Souldrinker - Siphons spiritual energy from her enemies to empower her body and spells
Class 2 - Necromaster - Creates and commands undead thralls to serve any task imaginable
Lust Gift - Still Amulet - Force a target to experience physical sensations as chosen by the holder

I didn't say there was. I'm taking issue with the people saying "Fuck Cheesecake."

Who said Fuck Cheesecake, no one.

Trying to get people to reevaluate things until you get your way is pushing.

isnt that what the pig nose guy and the lion revampers are doing? Cause they kick n scream a hell of a lot more than the namefags do

Kill it

I like it, but im not sure about

Brumus and If by lion revampers you mean the above two, then yes. Otherwise no, that's just people posting the ORIGINAL art by the creator, that's not a revamp.

>Feels like something could fit better

when the hell did I say that!? I said lets wait n ask him dont try and make me look like the bad guy here

I feel that way, as well. It made sense for a moment with the idea being she wanted to maintain control, but there's definitely something a lot more fitting that could take its place.

You keep trying to get him to reevaluate and choose the art YOU want.

Perhaps

Everyone is working together to make cute and fun things. Noh need to think we are working against eachother.

Lets be friends and have nice frosty milkshakes together.

Idea:
Fast food princess
Looks like Wendy

>66666

Go away giga-Satan.

I said I liked the lion design brave did because he wanted to know if it was to furry I assumed cheese had changed it based on not realizing Brave did a redesign of his gnoll I said lets ask cheese now your claiming im tryin to push my own agenda!? I just wana make princesses god dammit!

I can link you to the thread. Brave's designs were posted after Cheesecake's original but before his final version when he said that wasn't what he was thinking of.

could go for an ironic

yeah I missed when the new sketch was posted I think

What about handjobs? Last I checked the touch of a lich is deadly.

IT causes paralysis. but I think they can turn that off

Failed series

Posting more stuff from TOWERS. Not too far from my first public release.

+ Milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
+ Fast food chains are extremely profitable
+ Food tastes really good
- But it's not good for you
- Insists you eat everything

I dont see him commenting on brave's designs, you got a link to that?

it hurts my soul

ah ok, then yeah maybe we can give the human version of the lion princess brave did some lion ears or somethin

I feel liek DInosaur prinmcess needs different art, but not that one the other guy was spamming

lioness princess is nontens (sp?) charicter not mine, i just drew her on a request by phi

She'd need a tail too.

Eversor drew her some already.

most of the top half of gen 3 will probobly be getting new art eventualy just to standardize the quality

Yah I redid the Dinosaur already.

Also Gambler!

Ever made a few versions actually!

thats ghouls

his was a little too divergent i feel but yeah her original design is a mess

Eh, do you mean the beak face? He drew a more humanoid one we ended up going with.

Yep, and after a vote we decided to stick with the one closest to her original, with a human face. I think design 4 on this.

i think some highlights in the hair would be a nice bridge to the originals.... unusual hair, just some streaks of yellowish or orange, but other than that i have no complaints about design 4 there

Creole accent?

also the needs art tag is a hold over that i forgot to fish out of the list, it was only meant to be there for princesses who have nothing at all (like rose princess)

hey brumas, elephant is one of yours right? would you like to update her to gen 4, for a spot on the sheet?

I think it's Brave's, so ask him.

I was unaware those hats even had a name, i would love to work one in but im not sure how to design one as a crown

yeah elephant is brave's not mine

Evil, Lich, and Boss princess are mine

Same guy who posted her stats and ; wanted to elaborate a bit further.

I poked around a little for various lore regarding necromancers and came across their page on a Might and Magic wiki. They were described as individuals who pursued the greater truths of the world by eschewing the perceived trappings of being alive by becoming undead. Though this is arguably an extreme reasoning, it has made me wonder why Lich Princess became a lich (assuming it was an entirely voluntary act).

Save for when magical weirdness gets involved, the act of birthing new life lies solely within the realm of the living, which Lich Princess no longer occupies, and having it as a dislike could give her character an element of depth. Perhaps she was unable to conceive when she was alive and feels jealousy towards those who can or punishes herself for having failed to. Perhaps she wanted to avoid becoming pregnant or beholden to another, or perhaps she wanted to devote herself entirely to her personal pursuits. Perhaps she's just a quirky lich who manages to get squicked out when confronted by biological reproduction. It becomes an additional quirk that can be interpreted with silliness or seriousness.

I highly advise against it, the color composition was very...odd.

Also i prefered number two to be honest.

We already had a vote, man. People wanted to stick close to the original idea in a redraw.

Nothing stopping you from using her alt art yourself.

so is space Tower Girls a one off? because I'm thinking of trying my hand at some designs, I have no tablet and cant into paint so I'll have to just sketch them

It was Brave's thing, so ask him if you want another full scifi towergirls.

As for alien or scifi towergirls in general, several gens already have them, Flumph and Alien Princess being examples, so they can fit in.

I gotta agree with the hair is fine as is, and I do like #2 as well but I get the feeling thats another shitstorm in of itself so #4 is prolly the go to

IIRC, Brave is still working on rewards and stuff.
That said, though, make whatever you want, cause we're always adding to the main charts anyway.

the line up of 4 makes me imagine a quartet "Raptor Princesses" each color coded but thats a bit of an atypical format and redundant

i cant help but notice a theme with those three any thoughts on the lich card in the thread or do you want to make your own?

fair enough i suppose

I'll pound them out and see what looks good, I'm a huge starcraft fan so some will be based on that, but I'll make sure to draw from others like Startrek, XCOM, Halo, Transformers and starwars etc.

Jurassic Park sisters!?

im perfectly fine with so far, we just gotta find a good

>p
yeah Raptor Squad is exactly what I was thinking of

It just so happens that I asked for a Raptor Princess idea to be drawn a few months (originally called her Dromeo Princess, but that name proved less recognizable).

I just had my idea for the "Dragon" of this potential gen, just trying to work out how to make her a princess

"A few months back," rather.

Haha I see where you are going with this.

I don't hate it!