So does this board ever talk about chess or is it always just nerd shit?

So does this board ever talk about chess or is it always just nerd shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMsz3gDrwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We have plenty of chess threads.

>chess
>not nerd shit

Try not to get that up your ass about your boardgame because it's old.

Oh look, this thread again.

>Implying we don't talk about all the time
>Implying chess isn't the ultimate nerd shit
>Implying you shouldn't lurk more

Main reason it isn't the only thing we talk about is there is no personalization.
There are a few definitively good/bad openings, counters, reactions, and traps.
It is why games can be played against computers, it is mostly just raw memorization of what strats to use after certain moves.

Very infrequently. People here just can't stay interested in a game unless it constantly has new shit being released for it. To be entirely fair, tournaments in general aren't really talked about at all. You are better off looking somewhere else if you want consistent chess discussion.

Queen OP

>playing solved games
kek

If queen is so OP, then how do you explain me capturing a queen with one of my knights? Yahtzee, athiests.

Not sure if ruse or genuinely misguided.
Chess is not solved. Artificial intelligence reached the level where it can surpass top human player, but that doesn't make the game solved, not by a long shot.

But chess isn't solved you moron. Current computing power just hasn't been able to do it.

Can we maybe talk about Chess variants or specific sets? I'm designing my own set to be printed up soon.

Pic Related, that's my knight.

It's not likely to ever be able to do it, unless you can come up with some kind of very powerful pruning method. There are more legal chess positions than expected atoms in the universe.

I would heartily recommend bughouse chess for anyone interested. It is a 3 player format with two boards which is an effective chess "hoard mode".

Chess is nerd shit.

How do you play bughouse with 3 people? Surely you need 4.

And personally, I don't like how it encourages stalling/ clock chicken.

Where do you think you are?

4 is ideal and you are right. It requires the right sort of people.

>solved
You do realise that there are actually an infinite amount of chess games. Unless you're putting a upper limit on the number of turns a player can have?

What's your favorite setting for chess? Black/white? Red/black? Checkerboard?

Vinyl green/white.

Damn. That's a little too "victorian era political intrigue" for me

It's over! The mahines have won! They first solved cheese, and now Go. Go! A game with more possibe permutations than atoms in the entire universe.

Relax my brothers, we've still got Shogi, they can never take Shogi from us.

whats there to talk about?
a really old fanbase, combined with a lack of randomization has led to stagnant fanbase

I would need to be a grandmaster to even attempt a strategy no one has thought of before, and if i was a grandmaster, iwould be writing books about chess

two-tone wood

How do I get good at Chess? Or Go? Or Shogi?

Can I minmax?

practice...

There aren't infinite, threefold repetition ensure that.

Yes we do, let me give you the brake down.
The Queen was once called the Vizier, as the King and Queen are the only pieces with a known sex and pawns can become any piece except for a King everything else is female, the current version was once called madness chess because the Queen is so OP.
Did I miss anything?

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMsz3gDrwA
Uhhh... they already have, but no one cared.
>The highest rated player on Shogi Club 24 is computer program Ponanza, rated 3455 on December 13, 2015.
>On April 10, 2016, Ponanza defeated Takayuki Yamasaki, 8-dan in 85 moves. Takayuki used 7 hours 9 minutes.

The age of the sword has truly come to an end.

>that's my knight.
No, user. That's a horse.

Hey, that's pretty cool.