How would your party deal with a former PC that's been brainwashed by the BBEG?

How would your party deal with a former PC that's been brainwashed by the BBEG?

Im going to beat the shit out of you till you're normal again, then keep beating the shit out of you.

If it is magic: disjunction
If it isn't, hold person and charisma based checks until they snap out of it

They beat the shit out of me. You fuckers.

Rebrainwash him or her.

We hunt, capture and train monsters and the occasional slave for a living.
Capture and de/rebrainwashing a companion would be easy.

Then we are going to want to find who pulled this and return the favor.

Cleanse with fire

Instantly slaughter him with no regret or afterthought, and then never think about it again ;_; I hate my players ;_;

This actually happened in my group.
My Sorceress was possessed by a Devil who was playing a long game to bring the others into it's thrall.
Everyone else except the cleric went along blindly with what my character now did and said, regardless of how OOC it was because they felt that to even have a vague suspicion something was odd was being to meta.
The Cleric didn't like my Sorceress already and expected treachery so this was just proving her right.
When it all finally came to light they went and got me de-deviled and then covered themselves by saying they really knew all along but as I was the resident Devil expert, they had no choice but to play along "until an opportunity presented itself".

I don't OPs pic.
I get the Pikachu slapfight part but who are they dressed up as and why?

captain america and winter soldier from Captain America: the Winter Soldier

the central conflict was brainwashing captain america's sidekick into becoming a soviet attack dog

Beat me up for indulging in my magical realm

kill him,better safe then sorry

We just did that actually. One wanted to save him at all cost, others were secretly ordered to kill him if necessary but most thought fuck it, were going to convince him back, or failing that capture him and find a way anyway. And of course the last one killed him.

Which party?

The one I'm playing in tonight, restrain him until we can find whatever's responsible.

The one I'm playing in tomorrow night... it kinda depends who it is, really. Anyone but my character, they probably try to subdue them and then find some way of turning them back. My character... assuming full balls-to-the-walls spellcasting with associated Perils doesn't fuck them over, he's PROBABLY getting killed.

The biweekly, I actually don't know. Probably get our resident psion to try to dig around in there and turn them back. If it's the resident psion, then fuck, the Zhodani have a mole.

Kill said character; any shot at taking him back is probably a DM trap, and depriving the BBEG of a psychological weapon over the party and their posible allies is victory; pyrrhic one,but a victory nonetheless.

Also,PCs lost to evil usually make for good stories to tell down the line. The narrative is important,you know.

Cast dominate person on him.

>magical coercion
Take him alive and undo it if possible.

If that's too risky, then just whack him. It's not like he's going to be of any use anyway, he's an NPC now. Even if the GM did have him help, he'd either do background shit that doesn't matter, or the GM would scale up all the fights so we might as well not have gotten him on our side at all.

>not obviously a result of sorcery
We already lost him, so just end him.

>How would your party deal with a former PC that's been brainwashed by the BBEG?
Kill him.

I did this once with my friend's dhampir wizard character after she got bored of our campaign. I could have easily slaughtered her, as she had no further use to the party and she was't that good a player to begin with, but I decided to land the final blow with my legs non-lethally.

Kill

If it isn't a dear friend, kill him.
If it's a dear friend, kill him.

>Kill him so he can role up a new character. Then 2 others commit suicide so they can also make new characters that suit.

I hate my players sometimes

Divy up who gets what when we take them out, of course! Also means one less fraction in which the loot gets cut up.

Kek, what are you're penalties for death?

My current character would brainwash him harder.

>LMAO I'M KILLING YOUR CHARACTER, ANTHONY
>At last I can backstab that motherfucker without any consequence

Kill them dead, take their goodies, never look back. If they were weak enough to get brainwashed, they don't deserve to travel with our badass party.

In the current campaign I'm we forgave the first BBEG and took her with us.
Mostly because we felt kinship towrds her having come from the same homeland and she knows that if she came with us back home willingly, she gets a slap on the wrist at best.
She'll try again in a decade or two any, it's a forgone conclusion.

So if one of our own, much closer then a Witch who we simply knew as 'that scary lady down in the valley' from our childhood was to be turned against us, we'd be going out of our way to bring them back around.

It's a good thing that a certain witch who we recently made friends with just so happens to know a bit about mental munipulations.

this from the one player who knows

>one
>imolying

Hold person

Banishment

Etc

If you die you must sit out the game until the story lets you be reintroduced organically. Originally the penalty was to select your new character randomly from a stack of pregenerated sheets but my players hated that so now you just need to pick a different class and race than your previous incarnation.

Three of our four person band are psychics who are rather well versed in manipulating the psyche.
The fourth is practically immune to psychic manipulations due to training with them.

Any attempt to brainwash any of us would have been to gather information or to annoy us more then anything given how pointless it'll end up being.

Unless they did the more traditional method of brainwashing, torture.
Then the affect member is getting some much needed psyciatric help whist the rest go hunt the arsehole down before the police get to them first.

one of the players in my game has a mind control fetish, which is just what they like to begin with, but i'm the GM and they tell me they're a fan of mind control where the victim acts subtly different and isn't really making sense to the party.

So they tried acting on an order from their controller and the party was furious, thinking they're just acting out, and proceeded to beat and hogtie him, thinking "this asshole used to be cool, what the fuck!" while the guy who was beaten up is cackling internally.

what i'm saying is, it's all just really confusing

You could even say that was nothing personnel.