twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rate my brew!

Janky combos abound!

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-reservoir-1/

Casual shit/10

Any hopes for bans/unbans?

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-reservoir-1/

>Madcap into Aetherflux, using Soulfire to gain life instead of lose it

That's pretty cute. You better hope your opponent doesn't respond with a Terminate, Path, or Lightning Bolt, though.

Where can I find the banlist update as soon as it comes up? And what time is that going to happen?

anyone else /delver/ here? I just picked it up (grixis) and it's a lot harder than I gave it credit for...there seem to be a lot of tough choices to make especially considering you're usually not working with a lot of mana. There are consistently 5 or so things you could do each turn between turns 2-6 and yet you only have mana for 1 or 2. It's really fucking fun but a little stressful and I get the feeling I'm not playing it right.

I know tg is bad at magic, but anyone who plays this deck want to chime in about how you play it?

Oo. Forgot about this. Havent been following spoilers or playing standard for 6+months.

Going to be so fucking mad if they unban splinter twin because i just sold my playset of scalding tarn

Wizards's website

But what if Aetherflux is too close to the top? Easy fix:
Enlightened Tutor
Bolt of Keranos (or some other scry bolt)/Gods Willing/scry lands

GG

>getting rid off any of your fetch lands

> Getting rid of any fetches unless you have 3+ playsets

WEW
E
W

>Any hopes for bans/unbans?

When is it announced?

hi fat/tg/uys, what happen if in Ad Nauseam deck i remove the simian spirit guide and add mox opal and dark confidant?
20 lands
4 dark confidant
1 lightning storm
1 conflagrate
1 laboratory maniac
4 ad nauseam
4 angel's grace
3 phyrexian unlife
3 pact of negation
4 serum visions
4 pentad prism
4 lotus bloom
4 mox opal
1 conjurer bauble
2 peer through dephts

Do you often have three artifacts in play when you go off? I don't. At best two pentads and a bloom that gets cracked for ad naus.

For bob, I dunno. Haven't played with that card in a while. Seems like he'll just be a target for removal that would otherwise be dead cards against you. Are you running him instead of Sleight of Hand? Why run Peer Through Depths?

SSG is there to reliably cast Lightning Storm. Now that you've removed it you've removed some opportunities to win when you have 5 mana.

daily reminder that splinter twin was a bullshit deck and that banning it was the best decision wotc has made for modern

>Do you often have three artifacts in play when you go off? I don't.
the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG. onceyou have draw the entire deck you put all together in the game.
regarding dark confidant i might about run him to speed up together with serum vision. i prefer Peer Through Depths instead sleight of hand cause blown to the bottom of the deck way more useless cards.
yeah, do you think the deck i've posted is just an handicapped version of the original or some of these varioations could be reliable?

Grixis delver is my only deck! It may not be top tier or anything, but my favorite part about it is all the options!
Turn 1-4 you have a ton of choices that form a line of priority based on your current matchup and board/hand state.

>splinter twin
>more bullshit than ad nauseam, Titan shift, tron or any other deck that you literally can't interact with
Wew lad

>what is a sideboard

all of those can get hated out. you couldn't hate twin out and you know it

So for example, against something like jeskai control. Try to slam big delve things early before they get consistent counterspell/removal mana. Either that or a YP to win stallfests.

Against zoo?infect?aggro?
Slowroll your first few turns to shut down crucial big plays. Be ready to bolt, vapor snap, etc by your opponents turn 2.

Against combo?
Get early board presence (fliped delver or tasigur/fish) and then be ready to hand disrupt and counterspell. Keep the pressure on them.

Each matchup changes your spell priority greatly, but because of all the options: you can handle ALL matchups

Noble Hierarch reprint when

>the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG

Oh so you play all three and they trigger each other. I guess I don't see the advantage over SSG except that you get any color mana when you don't really need it? I guess it makes it easier to go for the lab man route. I'd be interested in trying this although it's a little more risky to hate like chalice or something.

I don't quite know what you mean about peer. You like blowing 4 cards to the bottom? Are you running any temples for the scry?

Doesn't work like that. The opals die before you can activate mana abilities. You would generally need an additional 2 mana in two colors on top of what's required to draw your deck to pull this off (to play pentad prisms), so I don't see any way in which this would be worthwhile. You'll only get metalcraft with absolutely shit hands or after lotus bloom comes off suspend, so you're better off just playing harambe. If harambe gets banned then maybe opals would be okay, but I don't see it happening otherwise.

oh lol I didn't know that card was legendary. yeah I don't see the point over mana monkeys.

>You like blowing 4 cards to the bottom? Are you running any temples for the scry?
sometimes you need only one card. for the only card i need i'm willing to sacrifice some other cards...some temple can be useful

It just got reprinted you poverty-ridden casual.

lol, complete forget

A sleight and then a serum digs 5 cards deep for the 2U vs 1U 1Colorless but gives you more control both in what you get and in how you play them.

Do you miss spoils of the vault? I was skeptical at first and played 2 Peer and 2 Mystical Teachings (along with 8 cantrips) but I have really come around to it. It makes games more interesting when you have risky plays, but also has synergy with cantrips and scry since you can use it to grab a card off the top or rest assured your wincon or ssgs are safely at the bottom.

if you do have two other artifacts in play, you can play an opal, tap it for mana, play another and ditch the first, tap the second for mana, play a third and ditch the second, then tap that for mana. Happens a lot in affinity games. But like he said you can't get all three into play at once

So you net 3 mana which you'd have with simians anyways. What advantage are you getting post combo from it being multicolored?

It doesn't matter, ad naus would never run opal even if it wasn't legendary because it removes the decks ability to kill at instant speed.

Literally nothing
Apes are better, can be pulled at instant speed for mana

>the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG.
Mox Opal is legendary, you know?

And like that other user said, Bob makes your opponent's removal live.

>implying spending more than $200 on four cardboard cards is acceptable in any scenario

I can already see your filthy drag clothes and oldass car you drive

yeah spoils is good...right in this days i was thinking a deck without ad nauseam entirely designated for the spoils.
is something like this:
-spoils of the vault
-street wraith
-laboratory maniac
-angel's grace/phyrexian unlife
-SSG
-many cards as possible with scry and a lot of single cards

>tfw got them at 19 a piece

How is the modern subreddit so dead
hahaha jesus christ it's pathetic

I agree, just clarifying a play people don't usually catch at first glance with opals. for ad naus and most combo decks, SSG is simply better.

I'd be pissed if SSG gets banned, there's literally no reason to ban it
It doesn't make up an y significant meta portion
We're gonna get a no changes to any format banlist this week, just like the last one. Nothing has come out since the last list and it's not a Pro Tour format anymore so there's no need to shake up the format.

This. Only thing I can see is maybe unbans but they typically don't do that. Realistically they are more likely to just ban a card than unban a card.

I'm still suspicious Infect is going to lose either Become Immense or Mutagenic Growth. It's a notable chunk of the meta that's breaking the turn 4 rule right now. BI would also slow down Zooicide, which sometimes scores turn 3 kills because of it.

After playing the deck for a long time I've realized that the only reason it breaks the turn 4 rule is because literally nobody runs the means to stop it
It doesn't even get turn 3 kills that often, it's just something that can happen when your opponent has no answers
It's not even that large of a meta share and it's just going to force people to play interactive answers. I think if they were going to ban it, they would have in the tournament after Twin was banned and retards thought Tron was going to be big but every single person ran Infect. They would have hit it by now if they thought it was a problem, which it isn't.
Besides, if infect goes, you have to deal with Ad Nauseam instead

If running interactive answers was viable, control would exist. Why try and answer the field when you can just BE the field?

>literally nobody runs the means to stop it

I've got the deck too. There are plenty of times you can swing for lethal and hold up Apostle's Blessing even just on turn 3.

>It's not even that large of a meta share

It's the 2nd most played deck in the format.

>Besides, if infect goes, you have to deal with Ad Nauseam instead

Banning BI or Mutagenic doesn't kill Infect. This isn't talking about banning Glistener Elf or something. All it does is push the deck back a turn, which is where it needs to be.

for future reference according to mtgtop8 . com
in the past two weeks it has seen 308 decks,
the most common is red deck wins with 29 decks
the second is jund with 24, the vast majority being the midrange creature variety.
the third is affinity with 23
the fourth is infect with 21
the fifth is valakut with 20

the remaining decks with at least 10 copies are
creatures toolbox with 19
eldrazi with 17
dredge with 15
zoo with 14
junk with 14
urzatron with 11
ad nauseum with 11
and nahiri control with 10

Is there any modern deck where i can play my card waifu? I was thinking Jeskai Control

No. Consider this: What sets was Hanna printed in?

mtggoldfish is showing Infect as 2nd place with 7.36% of the meta, though I assume it's counting more than just the past two weeks.

Dang just looked it up now last printed in Invasion and the Judge promo I posted which is the one I have. Couldve sworn she was in a core set like M11. Dang and I really wanted to run her.

I can't say for certain which decks are doing best
however, over the past 5 wmcqs, only abzan has had multiple victories
scapeshift, infect and dredge also won

They've saved you from making a horrible decision. She would be completely trash in Modern.

I just looked at that and I am realizing that given that both sites use different timescales where they place in tournaments is something that is more universal

I guess im stuck with Geist of St Traft.
Shes good in Legacy. You can use her to get back Counterbalances and Senseis Tops that have been Krosan Gripped.

By either metric though, Infect is a big part of the format.

>You can use her to get back Counterbalances and Senseis Tops that have been Krosan Gripped
No you just find another one with your cantrips.

among the top 8s of wmcq spain, scotland, philippines, portugal and brazil this were the quantities in the top 8s
affinity 5
abzan/jund 5
an additional abzan deck using eldritch evolution
and a collected company deck which is in abzan colors
infect 5
burn 4
valakut 3
dredge 3
merfolk 2

this is true, but so is affinity and there are way fewer maindeck cards going around for affinity

I just went to mtggoldfish and I think I have figured out why infect makes up so much of the format.
when you look at the top 8s of tournaments there you can also see the price. a top8 infect deck costs >$500 and abzan costs

>there are way fewer maindeck cards going around for affinity
Please tell me you're not suggesting cards be banned because they're expensive

>poor people ruin everything
This is not news

Affinity hasn't been breaking the turn 4 rule as flagrantly and not on camera during major tournaments. Commentators were openly mocking the state of the last SCG Open where "Affinity was the slowest deck" sitting next to two Infect lists and Goryo's.

Even if it's not technically a practical issue, Infect is definitely being perceived as an offender. It's bad for WotC to allow that to continue, and as the ones who decide the bans, they're not likely going to let something like that slip past. They're going to take some action against Infect, if only to preserve their image of Modern.

in my second list containing wmcqs for us, china, thailand, canada, australia and japan I saw only 1 infect deck in the top 8 while I saw 2 deaths shadow aggro decks and 6 GBx midrange decks

??? affinity is the same price as infect and both are cheeper than abzan

And Swiss cheese has holes while others don't

What point are you trying to make then. Is English not your first language?

I guess that is probably a better reason, eggs was never the default best deck, but it would regularly spike tournaments and they banned cards from that deck. My opinion is that death's shadow zoo and infect are basically the straws that broke the camel's back. there are just many fast linear strategies for people to sideboard effectively against all of them. if they have to kill one of these strategies I would hope they would kill scapeshift, because there are almost no non-counterspell maindeck cards that punish that strategy, meanwhile deaths shadow and infect can be interacted with by cards like path to exile, teminate and abrupt decay

>Getting rid of Scalding Tarns just because you have a bunch
Why would anyone do that?

>he thinks anyone is impressed

I am not sure if you are the same person as but my point about affinity is that most decks dont run maindeck cards to kill artifacts, while

seemed to think I was complaining about the monetary price of sideboard cards

The goal isn't to impress; it's to make poorfags mad.

Then I approve

I hope you play those expeditions, nothing feels better than hearing "wow youre going to play with an expedition? Youre supposed to keep it in mint condition and never use it."

Double sleeving retains mint condition

>I hope you play those expeditions
I don't actually. The other 12 are plenty.

exactly, I have a jap ravnica land i kiss every time before I play it to invoke tilting and to siphon residual luck. Foil land tilting is real
What are you waiting for, theyre mean to be played

Of all the Expeditions, I generally think the least sensible ones are the Fetchlands. They're the one land guaranteed to spend the least amount of time on the battlefield.

they can spend the rest of the game in the yard, reflecting your victory back into your opponentss eyes when they analyse your boardstate

I like the steam vents and breeding pool ones a lot but nothing beats original stomping ground for me. I'm autistic so I can't have some shocks expeditions and others not. All or none.
This is suffering

Expeditions would be cooler if they had good art

New steam vents is amazing user, the only inprovement would have been if it had a fumarole hidden in its art somewhere

That's the only one I liked
Godless shrine was cool too

I've gotten a few Expeditions in the past, but the only one I've actually kept for myself is a Godless Shrine for EDH.

I cant believe i forgot about the amazing godless shrine. Its just a shame so many exoeditions felt flavorless and boring.

The ones I'd say I actually like are:
>Godless Shrine
>Steam Vents
>Verdant Catacombs
>Mystic Gate
>Wooded Bastion
>Mana Confluence
>Strip Mine
>Dust Bowl

>it's to make poorfags mad.

I don't even understand how it can make anyone mad.

Lol stay mad

Overgrown tomb is p good
So is Wooded Bastion and Graven Cairns
I think Mystic Gate might be my new favorite though

Didn't see a ruling thread, so I'll post this here.

Can you have a Thalia Guardian of Thraben and a Thalia Heretic Cathar out at the same time?

Why wouldn't you be able to

If you try to do this your deck will literally catch on fire and the local judge will fuck you

It's illegal

Like how you can't play 2 different Nissas at the same time?

Splinter Twin unban soon

Honestly the format is fun right now
It feels more like an eternal format to me and I like that a lot of decks are working for people

Eternal formats have interaction though.

touche

How do I know if I'm getting carried by my deck

If youre playing Affinity or Infect