>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3QpfXn3U9E
xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Wrothian
youtube.com/watch?v=4VnLY_iQxGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Almost at 1100. Hard to believe we've come this far.

been watching startrek TNG lately, so jumpers how do you deal with bullshit reality warping anomalies?

You fool! You've gone and jinxed it! Now whoever makes the next few threads will skip over 1100!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Who cares? It isn't a particularly important milestone.

Hello. I have diabetes. Is there anything I should know before reading this thread?

I've been working on this and as of yet the answer is... not very well.
Anima: Beyond Fantasy has some stuff if you get high enough Gnosis and such but there is a startling lack of Reality Warper Defenses.

Stay out of sugar bowl.

youtube.com/watch?v=K3QpfXn3U9E

Prepare to have kittens thrown at you.

Run, this place is addictive.

Depends on their exact mechanisms.

>there is a startling lack of Reality Warper Defenses.
True and there are a lot of jumps where such perks would have been fitting.

A perk that keeps beings more than a few weight classes above you from acting against you directly unless you attack/challenge them first would have been a great in Percy Jackson.

By taking that perk in generic virtual world that lets you build up resistances to reality warping then spending time around a warper doing what they want for a few days till I am immune. Then punching and eating them.

Guess you'll just have to wait for Infernals.

Would such a perk be in an infernals jump?

There's a possibility of an actual perk based on it, but it should be something you can learn in-jump.

Native - Gaur
200 - One Size Fits All
The Gaur are huge. Easily two or three times the size of a human. As a result, there isn’t a whole lot in the way of armor and clothing that other races would have that would fit you. The biggest weapon humans have, the longsword, is dagger sized to you. Fortunately, one size fits all, at least when it comes to you. Whenever you put armor or clothing on, it will automatically resize itself to fit you perfectly, and no one will question it.

200 - Big And Strong, And Did I Mention Big?
The gaur are really really big compared to most other races, and they have the strength to match. The average Gaur is on par with a weak skell - no wonder the Ganglion wanted them as a servitor race. Simply put, you are stronger than your frame would suggest - whatever the maximum is supposed to be, you are at least twice that.

How do these work?

YES. This is perfect.
Thank you based BLADE.

Q This once did so, but it was nerfed. Soon it'll be replaced entirely.

Is the Nanban Mirror useful? Can you change anything, or does the timeline correct itself?

The anime makes it look like there is a fate-like effect which undo your efforts.

Yep. Because the power-wankers wouldn't stop whining about how it was useless because it didn't work on gods.

To Me, My Minions! [400] – The first step to summoning is...well, summoning someone or something. You might not have nailed down the actual process of calling Summon Spirits yet, but you can now summon your active companions to your side at will, and always have a rough idea of where they are when they’re not with you. You can mark up to ten non-companions at a time with this power, and summon or track them in the same way. This marking can be done so long as you are face-to-face with them once and can make the mark with touch contact. It’s important to note – this does not have to be voluntary for the target.

I feel like a lot of you will have fun with this one.

More like it is useless because when will a reality warper let you grab hold of them in the first place? Although it could still be useful if you could somehow make a place cound as you so warping did not work in your place.

Because any "reality warpers" that aren't gods are rare as fuck at best, making it situationally useful at best. It'd be like if the Jam Semblance only worked on soul-based magic.

It's really only useful if you want fucking wizards as "reality warpers", but then you can also do the same with metahumans and it's just fucking retarded.

Yes, you can. It's time travel. And don't even try to apply logic or temporal mechanics to anything in Ranma 1/2. That whole universe runs on the next best thing to cartoon slapstick.

Alright then, the Gaur are back in.

Any suggestions for the Wrothians, aka irish samurai cat people?

Yeah, because of the "doesn't work on gods" clause, it's pretty much a trap if not useless. You won't use it at all because then you'll reflexively grab "reality warpers" who aren't gods. Either that or you never use it at all because how the fuck are you supposed to reliably tell if someone's a "god" unless you have meta knowledge? And it's fucking ridiculous because you can be several OoM above a so-called"god" but not affect them for some arbitrary reason.

Well do they have anything that has to do with sense of Honor, or affinity for bladed weapons? Able to hold down stronk alcoholic drinks and improve their battle prowess the more drunk you are?

xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Wrothian

The real problem with that perk is that it's offensive in nature. If it were strictly defensive, like an integrity protecting charm from Exalted, it wouldn't be so bullshit.

That would let you have a reality warp-off with some god without worrying about being turned into a frog.

MIURAAAAAAA!!!!!

1 9 Y E A R S
Y
E
A
R
S

Apart from Wandlore and imports, are there any good ways to spread around Harry Potter style magics?

Shit's broken on a good day and downright Gallifrean on an excellent one.

Well they are a proud warrior race with pretty amazing battle skills. I'd say give almost instinctual understanding of weapons based combat. And a very strong sense of honor that boosts willpower a good deal if you're following a personal code of ethics.

But we just got off the boat...

The Nanban Mirror can be activated having a tear cast on its face. When that happens, it will transport the bearer and anyone nearby to a spot in space and time chosen by the bearer.
In its first appearance, Happosai accidentally transports himself, Cologne, Soun, Genma, Akane, Ranma and Shampoo to the Joketsuzoku village in China some three hundred years ago, when Happosai and Cologne were both teens. They are noted to vaguely recall the events, however it was long ago.
In its second appearance, Ranma, Genma and Happosai first travel through time several years, manifesting in a Tendo Dojo where a miserable old Genma and Happosai are living with Akane, her husband Ryoga, and their quadruplet sons. They then travel to China, just outside Jusenkyo, on the day that Ranma and Genma are due to arrive there for their fateful curses. They then travel back to the Tendo Dojo, though they somehow "misaim" themselves and end up appearing on the day that they would have originally arrived there. Nothing was noted that time.

If you take the Fanfic drawback you can find a Fanfic with the temporal mechanics you want. Otherwise basically this, .

I believe the major thing was the fact that Gods is an ill defined term in fiction and people, myself included, wanted to know what counted. Then some other people spam posted until the content creator stated that if those who asking, both the spam posters and the people who were asking in truth, were too stupid to live then they (the content creator) was going to change it anyway.
The biggest question I had was how to define a God. KOTOR user's answer was that the perk worked on any transcendent being (Q, The Lords of Light, etc.) but not on beings that were explicitly Gods (Odin, Zues, Isis [the Goddess]) however that explanation got buried as the spam poster kept recycling one of his earlier posts so much I personally didn't find his explanations until later.

9 Months ago
I remember the joy vividly

youtube.com/watch?v=4VnLY_iQxGU

Puppy power

Did a new Idol Master game come out?

Would a perk that lets your reaction speed increase as you go faster be a good 200 cp perk?

>I feel like a lot of you will have fun with this one.

Ahahaha, yes! Now they'll never escape my dungeon!

Gene engineering.

Endowed from BodyMod

Huh. What about beings that are both transcendent beings and explicitly gods, like Tiber Septim, Mystra, or some versions of Buddha?

From what I've seen of your Jumps examples. Yeah looks cool BLADE.

APM Intensifies (calm deliberate action at any speed) goes for 600 and competes with Critical Existence Failure which is the best health replaced by HP bar perk.

No
Miura has set him self up do the Happening from Casca's perspective and I don't think his heart is in it any more.

Guess he'd just rather write about loli piss mechas and such instead.

Different jump.

Seems alright. Someone might take exception to it due to the only other perk with an effect directly comparable is a Capstone that competes with one of the health bar perks in the chain and fucking Final Form, but compared to the other 200 CP perks you've posted I think it's fine.

>loli piss mechas
What?

Yeah, few years back Miura took a break to write about lolis with magic piss they used to fuel mechas. I think it also had healing powers. Point is though, it was about loli pee.

If they had Explicit Godhood I wouldn't argue with it personal if he'd kept that definition. They'd be under that blanket of Explicit Godhood by the way I'm remembering.

1. Interjump Balance isn't an argument.
2. If Interjump Balance were an argument, Sonic the Hedgehog grants the reflexes needed for speed for cheaper, 300 discounted down to 150.
3. APM Intensifies is different in the fact that you get 'Calm, deliberate action' no matter your speed. This is just scaling your reflexes to your speed which doesn't mean you'll suddenly be able to think sixty steps a head, just react to the ball that rolled in the way while you were running Mach 1.

See above.

Mirua has some odd manga in his portfolio. Never read it, but I read reviews of it and stayed the hell away.

You mean Gigantomahkia? Yeah, user, that's not a loli. It's a trap.

Wait, then how are the Gods of Lord of Light not explicitly gods? They're literally called "gods" and have metaphysical dominion over aspects of reality. They're more gods than many others.

I don't remember the name, but if that's it, trap pee is about the same thing anyway.

Because he was feeling pissy.

Honestly the lord of light gods are basically semi divine super mutants. They die just like normal people and age like normal people but they have machines to make them new bodies.

Nope. You may be able to outwrestle suns, but that podunk kami of that lampost in particular can still have that arbitrary amount of freedom.

Not my place to make such choices and the debate on that point is moot cause he's going to change the perk entirely.
If I were to go out on a limb and question it, I think it's because they're still just using Sufficiently Advanced Technology and mutations to get their powers to work. They were still just Transcendent Beings even as they puppeteer everyone into thinking they were true Gods they weren't, it's actually a big point of the books. Just my understanding of the whole thing.
It was the point of difference between TB and God that I was vague on. Basically it all boiled down to 'What's a God then?' for me, which is really something the Jumper should have to decide on a case to case basis.

>metahumans
Actually, Marvel mutants have been theorized in-universe to all be latent reality warpers. Their powers are supposedly focused manifestations of that reality warping. So go for it, nigga.

Magitek Engineering from FF6.

I thought it was portals? portal to the laser dimension, portal to the ice dimension, portal to the cancer dimension....

I feel like reality warping is kind of a poor name for it. Mosy powers in fiction defy what we know about physics, reality, etc. Does that mean they're reality warping? Because when I think of reality warping, I think of someone turning the day into night with a wave of their hand, I see a demon lord turning a planet into a hellscape, and I see a god casually restoring life to a dead world. But technically, even far lesser feats are reality warping, so what I think and what someone else things when they hear the term might be different. Maybe we need a new name for it?

It's a comic, they go back and forth all the time.

Heh. That reminds me of the Nobility of the late-Victorian era. There are people more qualified, more powerful, and more notable, but they cling on to their titles of "god" like they matter.

>I think of someone turning the day into night with a wave of their hand
Okami.

Pretty much all the reality warping mutants draw energy from other dimensions to fuel their shit, so it could be both.

They call themselves gods. No one else who they haven't beaten into compliance does.

200 - Samurai? Don’t You Mean Ninja?
When in combat, the Wrothians are FAST. For a race of space samurai, they have a surprising amount of ninja in them. As a result, they have two primary fighting styles, slow heavy attacks, and fast light ones. Once you get moving fast enough, your natural instincts might not be able to keep up, leading to an accidental injury. Fortunately, they scale slightly. The faster you move, the faster you can react.

Hows this? Hardcap at 1/4 the speed of light?

Reality warping is just directly altering the fabric of reality through an act of will.

So like the Pagan Gods of Supernatural? Or basically the Greek Gods?

Yeah, it's hard to think of a good way to distinguish between magically turning someone into a frog and warping reality so that they're a frog.

It's not a perfect increase, so I don't see a reason to put a hard cap on it.

>1/4th the speed of light
Are you saying at max we can move, ourselves, not a mech, at a fourth of the speed of light? For real?

That's bloody awesome.

Good point, those shouldn't count as gods, either.

There isn't. Magic is merely one way of going about reality warping.

Like, making a fireball because of an internal chemical reaction is not reality warping. Making heat or fire where there was none, just because your powers say there should be? That's reality warping.

God no.

There are ways to do it, but not in Xenoblade X.

Well in Lords of Light I don't think there were anyone more qualified than those uplifted by the 'Gods', I think it was mentioned that they suppress most of the mundane folk. The Robe of Death, one of the Godly objects that the Death God has, is just really fucking advanced nonotech if I remember right.

True.

It's nice. It's not perfectly adaptive so mistakes can be made so I see no reason, personally, to hardcap it. I agree with on this

Pagan Gods and the Greek Gods are still explicitly Gods. By the canon of Lords of Light the Gods are just people with SAT who play at being gods.

It's like the difference between teleportation and actually moving somewhere. One of them skips all the steps in between.

>Pagan Gods and the Greek Gods are still explicitly Gods.
Pagan Gods are explicitly not gods, Supernatural holds that the Judeo-Christian god is the only true god. The Pagan Gods are just spirits that have tricked people into worshiping them, which is why Ganesh (who as the Remover of Obstacles should be super powerful) went down like a bitch.

Similarly, the Olympians aren't gods, they're usurpers of divine authority. The only true gods are the Titans, and Ouranus and Gaia who spawned them. You heathen.

Alright, we can just agree to disagree. See, I don't think it's possible to "play" at being a god. When you get to a certain point, the difference is negligible. If what makes them "false" is their human origins, the same could be said of Talos or Mystra.

I mean, if the Snake Oil Salesman sells an actual Elixir of Immortality, then how can you call him a fraud? Even if it works on nanomachines, son.

Then I'm confused. What do you mean by "hardcap at 1/4th the speed of light"?

Death went down like a bitch toi. Then gods sister showed up.

I feel like there shouldn't be a hard-cap. If you can actually move at the speed of light, it seems fair that you could react.

Yes, and Death isn't a god, either.

Your reaction speed can keep up with you when moving that fast.

Any faster and you need another method of doing so.

So, the second Wrothian racial is 'honor before pride', and activates when taking an honorable path. But what exactly does it do? make you luckier? generic strength boost, similar to 'all earth aliens must die'? Something else?

See, and this is what I don't understand. How is the supreme authority of a universal concept not a god? Like the Endless are technically never called gods, but they're gods in everything but name. "God" is just such an arbitrary description. It's like restricting an ability to only work on Asian people.

What makes them not gods is that their claims to be gods is explicitly to pacify a superstitious populace. They know they're not gods, that they're not Kali or Rama or Kubera or whatever. They picked those names because they knew that it would aid them in suppressing mankind so that they could continue to live in luxury and hedonism while the rest of the world starved. Only the crazy among them believe that they're really gods. The rest of them know that it's all an act.

True.

Even with overdrive, you probably cant break 100 miles per hour in game. and since inter-jump balance SHOULDNT be a thing, its not really an issue.

I just didnt want people to scream 'thats OP for 200cp'.

t. Sam

Yeah, but does that actually make them not gods, or are they just legacy characters?

Also hows this for the Picori racial perk;

Delighting in Happiness [100]: You have an incredible sense of empathy that allows you to understand those around you and grant you insight into the reasoning behind one’s actions. This Empathy is so strong that you could literally spend the rest of your life making people happy and never grow bored of the act. In addition this makes you skilled in a variety of mundane crafts and grants you incredible ability to work in a team with those crafts, to the point where anything produced via teamwork is superior to anything you could do yourself..

>Pagan Gods are explicitly not gods.
Ah, so I have, indeed, been told.

>The Olympians aren't gods, they're usurpers of divine authority.
Actually if you get into the mythology the Titans were just that, Titans, and the gods were the next generation. Yes they killed and imprisoned the fuck out of the previous generation, but they did so as gods even before splitting up the duties/previews taken from the Titans.

I understand your point of view. But here's my counter point.
In your Snake Oil Salesman, he sells people an actual Elixir of Immortality that runs on nanomachines, son. You can't say it's fraud because it does what he says it does.
However what the Lords of Light were doing is like this.
The Snake Oil Salesman is still selling the same Elixir of Immortality but now he claims that it is blessed by God and the effects are therefore Holy Providence. He can now be called a fraud because he's lieing about the source of his Elixir of Immortality, though the people without the ability to sense Holiness can't tell.
Basically this, .

Nice round number? Just guessing /Shrug.

The Endless aren't gods because they don't have power over universal concepts, they are those universal concepts. Your perception of them as people is just that, a perception. They're not beings that control those concepts, they're not beings at all.

Will 1111 be the true day of ascension?

Sounds like personal preferance to me.

But god died too I thought?

So. Posted a couple Anima update ideas at the end of last thread, then got dragged away before I could respond to people's answers.

>Scenario for Gnosis 50 post-spark.
I'm fine with that.

>Yasakani Magatama
I... feel like if I have a "Go get this artifact" scenario, it should be something like "complete this set of items" rather than just arbitrarily picking a single one. So if I do say "go get that", it'll be part of a Scenario where you need to find all three Sacred Treasures, return to Vajra, and reunite it by claiming that you're Amaterasu returned.

Is Ameterasu another guy in this setting?

No, I haven't read the books, but the jump itself gives the impression that their dominion is more comprehensive than just nanomachines, son. It seems like there's actually some metaphysical weight there. It'd be a bit more like if the Elixir was nanomachines, but also happened to function as God's pager by pure chance, who was interested by the Elixir and gave it the effects of an actual blessing.

The jump is super misleading. The "gods" don't have any true divinity to them, it's all just psychic powers.

He's the Kami-emperor who founded/is an avatar of the kami of Varja, which is the local japan analogue. So yes.