Purple armor with gaudy zigzag gold details

>purple armor with gaudy zigzag gold details
ugh

well there goes the fimir's aesthetic.

At least he's got a cape made out of flayed skin and a human face as a kneepad.

So that's a thing.
Let's hope the rest of the range looks better otherwise they're gonna need some resculpting to avoid looking like dumb WoW monsters.

>AoS
>avoid looking like dumb WoW
sensible chuckle

I think I might main this army in Aos while I work out how to make corrupted or slaneshy girlfriend or deathcast. stormcast.

Purple, teal and greenish gold - I'm not feeling it.

What the fuck is a Fimir

This. Looks like some kind of lizardman?

The Fimir are amphibious humanoid monsters that haunt the bogs, fens and desolate moorlands throughout the northern and western Old World. Their strongholds take the form of forbidding, craggy piles of rock, crudely build in the semblance of the castles of more civilised races. Such dwellings are seldom seen by outsiders for they are wreathed in thick mist, a miasma which is magically generated by the Fimir to shield their Fortresses from prying eyes, and themselves from the harsh glare of the sun. Legends claim that the Fimir were once a powerful race, and that they waged war on the High Elves and ancient humans.
Physical Description

The most distinct feature of the Fimir is the single, sinister eye in the center of their head. The extended mouths of the Fimir are filled with sharp teeth, and their tails are tipped with bony clubs.

Long before the rise of Humans, the Fimir worshipped the Chaos Gods, and for a time enjoyed their favor. Alas, the Eye of the Gods was swiftly drawn to the more vibrant and amusing race of Man, and the Fimir were abandoned, reduced to seeking boons from bound Daemons where once they had enjoyed the blessings of the dark gods. Nowadays, the Fimir are a dwindling and reclusive race, little given to leaving their swampy fortresses, save for the occasional raid for food and slaves.

those sculpts look very promising though

ALSO THEY RAPE HUMAN WOMEN TO REPRODUCE BECAUSE THEIR FEMALES ARE STERILE

>ALSO THEY RAPE HUMAN WOMEN TO REPRODUCE BECAUSE THEIR FEMALES ARE STERILE

Not in family-friendly no-Slaanesh-allowed AoS, user.

Oooooold fluff.
They're weird monsters, vaguely inspired by the scary kind of fairy tales from the UK. Iirc, they live in bogs and swamps and can summon magical fog to cover their movement. They launch raids on human villages, and have a lot of weird magic.
The big thing that sticks in people's minds is that they explicitly reproduce via rape. They kidnap human women, rape them, and the child produced by that is a Fimir. All Fimir are male, except for rare females, who are powerful, sterile magicians who usually command the tribe/clan.

General consensus is that the rape stuff was a bit too gross, and no one really got excited to play them as an army so they disappeared like the Zoats.

>well there goes the fimir's aesthetic.

Man it's too bad I can't paint this a different color...oh wait.

the reason why they weren't played a lot was because, due to a fuckup from sculptors, the miniatures were way too big (and therefore expensive) compared to their stats.
aesthetic=/=color scheme

>aesthetic=/=color scheme

No shit, tell the OP that.

Honestly doesn't look all that dissimilar from the Fimir Warriors that FW put out nor the old art of them.

You claim this is for AoS and yet there is no proof this model was designed from scratch for it.

There was an option for a Fimirach Noble in the Monstrous Arcanum, but a model for it was never released. It's entirely possible that a concept was drawn and a prototype sculpted before Warhammer Forge was shutdown and FW simply pulled it out of the drawer for AoS.

It's funny people can say this with a straight face when cannibal Bloodreavers exist alongside the bare breasted Bloodwrack Medusa.

I'm not sure if they're simply ignorant or trying to do piss poor trolling.

The creator(s) admitted in hindsight that the rape aspect wasn't well handled and that more research and such should have been done. You're correct though that model and rules fuckups didn't help matters, could see either one being what doomed the Fimir to obscurity for years.

It's kind of funny that they're creation came about because whoever was in charge of GW back then wanted a donut steal race and came up with the Zoats and the creator(s) of the Fimir thought they were dumb and that they could do better.

>ALSO THEY RAPE HUMAN WOMEN TO REPRODUCE BECAUSE THEIR FEMALES ARE STERILE
hope you like retcons GW is going to want the tumblr base when they ripped off Steven Universe Gems for the Aelves form the realm of Hysh

murder and tits is fine but Rape is normally a no no in most things

REMOVE SKEKSIS

Poster I quoted was the typical type implying that GW is somehow removing sex because they have Slaanesh absent for the moment, doesn't matter that his followers and daemons are still very much present.

Lookin' kinda Fulgrim there. Is this a new unit for the Emperor's Children?

dude was clearly joking but my reply is super not just watch

That armor design looks shockingly close to Warmahordes Circle/Legion armor.

>They launch raids on human villages
oh lysdexia...

I read that as raunch laids initially.

But hey, pillage then burn.

but no rape, that what got them axed last time

What's with Forgeworld doing their own factions?

By rights it's something they've been doing for a while now in 40k, either creating their own thing or latching on to something that may have only had a name and not much else.

The Chaos Dwarfs were this for Fantasy were they basically gave them almost an entire new range and brought them up to speed lorewise for the current edition of Fantasy. They've since expressed a desire to do something with them in AoS.

I'm guessing the Fimir might be the next thing, already it looks like they're not going to be aligned with Chaos since their current rules have the Destruction keyword which places them in the same faction as Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, and Giants.

The concept could have been great. It's a shame they fucked it up with a shiny polished armor.

You know you can paint it so it's not so shiny...

It's ornate and gaudy as fuck tho. But again is there any mini in the aos range where the designer had some taste ?

>It's ornate and gaudy as fuck tho.

Just like some of the Fimir art

That's celtic style though, not just generic fantasy.

wow, these really put GW int perspectibve

nmot one of the people complaining, but this is a lot more ragtag weird and witchy than OP, it's fittingly unfitting and done with the clear lack of understanding that a race would have, that builds fortresses that resemble mounds of rocks.

OP's looks like it's made by goods craftsmen, fitted carefully to the creature's body, the craftsmen just happened to be gaudy in sensibilities.

I'm OP, dumbass.