Warhammer 40k General

Third time's the harm edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Last thread

This is perhaps my favorite Oldhammer art.

First for genestealer cult

Get hype

This thread has been infiltrated by Genestealer Cultists, roll for perception to spot them.

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Eagle eyez da ork 'ere. Nuffink gets past me eyez!

Where is the Genestealer Cultist in OPs image?

This is an outrage!

Rolled 97 (1d100)

nat 100

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Rolling to skull-fuck the xenos with my fist, no one steals my jeans!.

Like the other user said they're all rounders, but I also like the blue color scheme and the idea that they aren't as special snowflakey. They're space marines through and through and that's, IDK that just sort of appeals to me. At the same time the grey knights are cool because I like paladins (I play storm cast in sigmar)

Repost from old thread

But Perception is a Passive Skill that is checked against a set DC based on level and difficulty. I don't have to roll for shit unless I think I have a reason to.

Pretty much everything you need to know about early 40k is summed up by the fact that that commissar is wearing sunglasses.

Iron hands chapter tactics

Captain-140
Power axe, power sword, artificer armor
Techmarine-90
Servo harness

Tactical squad-130
5 marines, power sword, vet sergeant, rhino
Tactical squad-180
Combi-plasma, plasma gun, plasma cannon, The Imperial Space Marine

Dreadnought-120
Assault cannon, heavy flamer fist
Dreadnought-120
Two TL autocannons
Ironclad dreadnought-145
heavy flamer

Deredeo dreadnought-220
Aiolos Missile launcher
Leviathan Dreadnought-305
Ceramic plating
Ironclad Dreadnought-145
heavy flamer

Eversor Assassin-135

Librarian Conclave-270
3 ML 3 librarians

2000 points

I should probably get some vanguard vets if I want to keep making assault lists. If I use this it will probably be against a chaos player.

>15
You can say that again m8

You don't notice anything much. One user might have a strange growth but after some consideration, you decide that it's probably just a particularily large spot.

You look around and take all your fellow anons in. You start to notice something odd on nearly all of them, the strange way they hold themselves, the extra lumps under coats, the odd way that particular one is walking. You're surrounded, you realize.

You notice something strange here and there, there's definitely something going on. In fact, this user seems particularily odd and likely to be a Xenos infiltrator.

>we're not using the 40k rpgs ruleset
Foiled again before I even got to strike! Such is the curse of initiative 2!

I'm going off higher the roll, the better. Keeping it simple.

*ML 2 Librarians

>Like the other user said they're all rounders, but I also like the blue color scheme and the idea that they aren't as special snowflakey. They're space marines through and through and that's, IDK that just sort of appeals to me. At the same time the grey knights are cool because I like paladins (I play storm cast in sigmar)

Well, the thing is, Ultramarines are very special, almost invariably being talked up as the best of the best of the best. And when you get down to it, they are pretty different from the other chapters out there. Almost all the others seem to draw recruits from horrible planets (either hive-world gangs or savages on death worlds, sometimes they get nobles from medieval worlds, though). Ultramarines don't really do that -- they just draw recruits from the best soldiers of Ultramar. That's kind of interesting, particularly because none of the other major chapters seem to do that.

Besides, we all know the most middle-of-the-road chapter is not Ultramarines but Crimson Fists.

When is the genestealer cult stuff coming up I'm Hyped as fuck

pre-order tomorrow probably around 1pm if you're on the east coast like me

You know, I always see a lot of hate on unbalanced rule sets and imbalances between codices, you know, bitching in general. But does anyone go back and play earlier editions instead? Or toy around with altered rules, like no titans, no flyers, no 2++, etc? Or maybe sticking to a stricter force organization chart, like two troops, one HQ, one heavy support, one fast attack, etc. I feel like there's a lot of potential for tweaking to have really friendly, fluffy, fun lists without doing too many limitations. Genuinely curious.

Go to the NZ version of the site. You can see it now.

Saturday sometime, for your area.

>buy Tyranids
>love Tyranids even though they're bad
>wait patiently for new Codex
>it'll probably be shit but it's hope
>this Genestealer cult fucking horse shit starts popping up
>well they'll be cool allies to do fun shit with
>Wrong.
>They're allies of convenience so they don't synergize.
>now they'll never update Codex Tyranids because they'll consider this a Tyranids update.
>mfw

Who wants my Tyranids before I toss them in a fire

Just tinkering a bit. 1408/1500 at the moment:

COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT
HQ
Hive Tyrant, 2 x Devourers, Wings, Electroshock Grubs
Hive Tyrant, 2 x Devourers, Wings, Electroshock Grubs

Elites
2 Venomthrope
2 Zoanthrope

Troops
20 Hormagaunts
20 Hormagaunts
30 Termagaunts, 12 x Devourer
Tervigon, Crushing Claws, Electroshock Grubs

Heavy Support
Carnifex, 2 x Devourers

>allies of convenience
Good enough. No, really. It works just fine. I've seen it and felt it. It was horrible.

Calm down, lad. And Genestealer Cults are probably older than you are.

No. We just all play borderline OP lists and don't play with dicks or WAAC faggots unless we want to.

What relics? Theyre kustom gubbinz, not relics you git

Well what do you want us to say other than you're a huge faggot?

Why not just take pure G Cult? We all know they'll probably be better because it's hard to be worse than Codex Flyrant

I don't mind G Cults, I want them to be Battle Brothers or give some attention to Nid players.

But knowing GW they'll consider this the latter and move onto more Space Marines

I think if you play the game a lot with friends, you end up changing stuff with a few simple house rules, or you try to keep things friendly and roughly balanced, or you just eyeball force balance.

I'm an old WFB player, and I really didn't like (and still don't like) AoS, but I was sympathetic to the idea of not having points values for armies. Back in the day, most old wargames didn't have points systems for balancing armies, because the point of the games weren't usually to create "balanced" fights but to recreate historical battles. The problem is that there's no such thing for fantasy nonsense, and if you're trying to play a pickup game it's very difficult to eyeball a balanced force, particularly for something new.

>all these new genestealer boxes
>replace the heads with scions
>absolutely perfect renegades and heretics models
>giant mining tools for renegade ogryn
>possible new transport to convert

fuck any chaos whiners present in last thread, I'm pumped to get my /wip/ on

>no pics of the truck the get yet.

Fuck you GW.

The problem with no points is you have to know everyone's Codex always

Because you don't have to unless you want to. Yeas, you will still have to take a Flyrant, but you will only need one instead of only taking Flyrants.

Can you not wait until monday/tuesday?

this is more true than you know.

You mean a week?

Sine WD went back to monthly we only get leaks like a day or two before

Yeah, and there's just too many options to do that.

It's easy to do with historical wargames because, you know, a guy with a rifle and some training is pretty much the same regardless of nationality, and a napoleonic-era cannon is a cannon, etc.

It's much harder to do that when you're dealing with a statline that involves 10 numbers and a variety of special rules... for each different squad type across 20 different armies.

GW's rules writers' problem is that they don't know what the fuck they want and they don't seem to do any testing.

I'm a big fan of nids, can genestealers ally with them, seeing how they basically worship them

>you don't have to if you don't wanna

That's a non answer. Why the fuck does this have to be a bad thing for Tyranid players all around.

G Cults will most likely be better than Codex Nids. Not just from a winning standpoint but from an actual fun stand point. Transports, flyers, interesting units with Chaplin's and other shit? Damn sign me up nigga.

While you take a look at Codex Tyranids and you see Flyrants, Zoanthropes and then you kill yourself.

Of course they can ally. They're just probably going to be Allies of Convenience so that they can't share transports and there aren't weird psyker shenanigans going on.

What models and how much? Ill play nids because they're shut and there are too many ork players near me

No its allies of convenience. It's a nice go fuck yourself from GW.

>15
You pass with two degrees of success. Not even genestealers can evade the notice of a dutiful Ork!

Tyranids are always going to be inherently boring because they have no character and only exist to kill terminators in confined spaces.

Hmm I guess I was wrong then, I thought ultramarines were the textbook definition of a space marine, the first breed if you will.every other chapter is built upon the foundation of an ultramarine but altered for uniqueness (space wolves, ba, deathwatch etc). But I still think they're cool nontheless

this

Nids are literally the npc race

at least orks have character

No, it's out early for subscribers, we'll see them in people's hands early next week, if not this weekend.

>They don't synergize

Are you high? They're excellent troops to complement Nidzilla and Flying Circus

That might not be how you want to play Nids but I absolutely love the Cult.

Also gib i could always use more nids.

t. Butt hurt Ultramarine

Tyrannocytes with Carnifexes, Dakkafexes in general, Venomthropes, and Biovores?

>Tyranids are Come the Apocalypse with every single race
>Finally get a Faction with which they are Allies of Convenience
>It's not enough for these clueless fucking whiners who don't even understand the fucking genestealer fluff

Tyranids need a lot of things fixed, but giving them Allies is not one of them. When I play Tyranids I want them to be fucking Tyranids.

I hated Ultramarines with a passion when I first got into the hobby, but as time went by I grudgingly admired them more and more. What other chapter has an empire of its own? What other chapter can call upon the primogenitors when needed, effectively bringing them to near-legion strength? The Ultramarines pull some serious weight, and that's fucking awesome.

>reeeeeeeeeee

Tyranids have a lot of character actually, because it's so different from the other Factions it stands out incredibly strongly. It's just that that difference also makes it invisible to people who aren't in tune with it.

Not quite. The original original space marines are the Dark Angels, but due to historical events they're pretty different now.

In terms of "they're just space marines" averageness, I'd say the Imperial Fists and their successors (like the Crimson Fists, but excluding Black Templars because they're weird) tend to be the most typical. Ultramarine successors are also really common and typical, but the Ultramarines themselves are just too good in the fluff to really be considered "average." They're not so much as average as the paragon that a lot of chapters aspire to.

This.

Only reason I would start a tyranid army if for two things. A horde army and to be the bringers of the fucking apocalypse.

They don't synergize. They just happen to kill shit together because they're AoC. They don't buff each other (I don't even think the Venomthrope effects them as well), they don't join units together to cover weaknesses and exploit strengths. Can you imagine 30 hormagaunts with a chaplain?

6 Stormsurges really synergize with Tyranids as well.

Bet you ungrateful shits don't even know the first thing about genestealer fluff

got sum pics from the digital edition preview

>not even mentioning Mawlocs

Flyrants, Mawlocs, Dakkafexes, Malan/Venomthropes, and Tervigons are all viable units even at semi-competitive level. It's only when lists are Eldar and White Scar going at it on the top tables that Nids really need to buckle down and Codex Flyrant it up. Even then it's been shifting more and more to mawlocs, considering they're able to actually grab objectives throughout the game essentially on demand while still being a killy threat.

I was gone for the past few weeks. I know that Chaos players wouldn't stop bitching about Traitor's Hate. I see that nid players won't stop bitching about Genestealers.

Did BA players bitch about Angel's Blade? As a BA player I'd be disappointed (but not surprised) if they did.

It was fine. The new DC stuff is neat. I don't really care about the big formation stuff.

Non ungrateful shit here. Can I still try you test to see if I get the lore right?

Oh boy, time for another army to do tank shocks better than deffrollas. Not even that butthurt this time, I can't hate hitting vehicles into stuff and that thing is getting looted ASAP.

I came, thanks for the pic

t. angry tubster

I like it. It gave me back my old Death Company army and it is really good so I am very happy about that.

THAT FUCKING TRUCK!

Amazing.

i cal already tell this will be op as shit

>hurrdurr you just don't get it man think like us
No fuck off dude, stop going to those weird meetings and trying to put stuff inside me or I'll report you to the pdf.

Most nid players aren't bitching about genestealers. The old ones who were actually around for the original cult are over the fucking moon with glee about this release. The WAAC newfags who only want Tyranids to be competitive, and don't give a damn if it means shitting all over the fluff and making them play like not-Tyranids, are the ones who are bitching. They're the same ones who are mad Tyranids can't be battlebros with Imperial Knights, ie faggots.

Do you think it's silly that the genestealers apparently paint the tyrannid symbol on their vehicles?

I do.

The first thing I thought was "That thing looks pretty Orky."

definitely gonna have some tank shock shenanigans, and I'm interested to see what that flamer weapons profile is

are those just guardsmen bodies with different heads?

That flamer arm thing! Holy shit!

>Can you imagine 30 hormagaunts with a chaplain?
Wouldn't they just eat the chaplain?

Genestealer sprue incoming?

They're good for the book but let's run down that list.

>any MC on that list

Yes and how many other MCs don't have invuals and are not above T6? Dakkafexes are S6 AP- weapons. Compare that to a Riptide or those Ad Mech weapons with S6 12 shots rending or S6 AP3.

Venomthropes are cool.

Biovores are garbage when you compare then to other shit like a Thunder fire Cannon.

Also
>T4
>3W
>1 lascannon

HOLY FUCK YES.

that truck is so fucking sick i think i need to start this army

too bad itll be like $70 per truck

Why would it be silly? In-universe, that symbol only exists because its the symbol of the genestealer cults. Tyranids don't have any iconography of their own.

>Biovores are garbage when you compare then to other shit like a Thunder fire Cannon.
>compare
Well, there's your problem.

I'm not arguing with you man. It is a bad Codex, but has some really good DLC that can be used really well when you put your mind to it.

One thing got me confused about this nids circlejerk.
Why do they live in some dirty ass mining colony?

>Finally get a faction with which they are Allies of Convenience

Except GW gave them to us as BB and then took it away in the FAQ, apparently just because they saw people having fun.

Also the lore is incredibly mixed on that, and a lot less mixed than any possible reason Eldar and Deldar or Dark Angels and Inquisition are BB.

>dat truck

Taurox technical looks sick as fuck.

I know they're fully under the have minds control once the Tyranids arrive.

>mawlock
>A MC with no invual and a merely T6 that will get shot to death

My favorite.

Tervigons are cool when you don't roll doubles. Otherwise it's a very unreliable unit with little offensive power.

I am so stoked for Genestealer Cult. I'm killing two birds with one stone since I've wanted to start an AM army for a long time.

Well I always assumed it wasn't actually an in-universe symbol. That's why I thought it was silly.

But besides that, why would they even have a symbol?

>nids are bad
>nids are consistently in the top of tournaments

ok

Ask me anything about them, user, promise I won't google.

It's just I'm assuming the mass numbers of bodies they can pump out

Because they're a fucking cult?

They are bad because you can only play the codex one way.

If you're really zealous about Codex Tyranids then G Cults can be a God send.

However if you want the more complete and more enjoyable army and like Tyranids in general just build pure G Cult.

I made reference to Codex Flyrant for a reason.

There's one build you win with Tyranids. It's use spore mines as troops and spam the shit out of Flyrants, Hive Crones and Tyrant Guard.

That's it.

But I love that way

Newfag get out.

>Get shot to death
>Literally useful because it pops up, grabs objectives and deals a pieplate, then gets the fuck out to avoid shooting and do it again

They're also cheap and expendable and fairly likely to survive unless a lot of shooting is directing at it, which means things aren't shooting at your other things.

Also Tervigons aren't meant to be offensive and killy, they're meant to shit out obsec on objectives.

Stop bitching.
If you want to have a good army why don't you just play your Tau Army or finisher 30K Imperial Fists.

So truck has 4 possible gun options.

>mining laser
>Big cannon
>Flamer
>Dual Autocannon

Cool.