The party's healer is a 4e Intelligence warlord with 8 Charisma and no social skills training

>the party's healer is a 4e Intelligence warlord with 8 Charisma and no social skills training

>the warlord "talks so good" that people's wounds magically seal up without scarring, even the unconscious fighter's injuries, letting them get back into the fight!

Explain this, 4rries.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pikW32fZTMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Well,it's more balanced than 3.5!!!"

So was Dungeon World. That doesn't make either of them good games.

Every once in a while I see someone complaining that the warlord doesn't exist in 5e, but I couldn't be more okay with that

The bigger question is why would someone bother to pick a fight with 4e players randomly when they're dwindling down on their own anyway

Here's your (you). Your bait is too weak.

Still want to play a warlord in 3.5. Some of the homebrews are overpowered apperntly. Maybe playing a bard like an army bandie is the closest i'm going to get.

Just let it go OP, 5e is out and Wizards is doing everything they can to pretend that 4e never happened.

For 3.5 I'd just make a crusader or warblade that focuses on white raven. You could multiclass a bit, but the first part should really cover most of it

>the warlord "talks so good" that people's wounds magically seal up without scarring, even the unconscious fighter's injuries, letting them get back into the fight!
>This is somehow less realistic than Bard with 13 Charisma casting Healing Word
It's magic, you deliberately dense cunt.
8/10, got me to reply.

We just had this thread, at least a few days.

I think I remember it as an offhand comment in a more open ended shitposting thread, but close enough

Explain what?
That you're deliberately ignoring what little fluff the game dictates and adding obvious nonsense with no basis in the thing you're criticizing?

Hit points are an abstraction. This is not something new to 4e--this is something that's been true in every edition of the game.

Repeat after me: hit points are not meat.

/thread

So is everyone else it seems.

I mean, only if you say the same about everything under it...

>Fourth largest individual game with thousands of games and players

That seems like a healthy community to me.

Why hasn't the Warlord taken Bard and Paladin Levels as well? That way he can belt out an evil smiting lyre solo.

youtube.com/watch?v=pikW32fZTMY

I actually play in a 4e campaign, and my favorite systems aren't even on that list. In a vacuum, it'sa good playerbase. For the second most-recent edition of the most popular, most well-supported roleplaying game there is, it's sad.

It was always going to be a tough sell, but Wizards did their best to kill off 4e with the OGL issues, lack of mini support, broken MM math, lack of promised web integration, all of Essentials...

I completely agree with you that WotC completely fucked up support for 4e, but despite all that and being a so called 'failure', the playerbase is still good.

How come 5e has so many games compared to players? Except for that one, PF and "Other games", it looks like every game has 1 game for every 4~6 players.

4E D&D is the least terrible edition of a terrible game.

Is anyone going to answer the OP?

I prefer AD&D, everything afterwards was just to complex for me.

>inb4 Oldfag.
I'm actually 19

No because it's a stupid argument that immediately makes assumptions that don't exist in the game.

Most of the time if the Warlord is using his charisma modifier for things it's to buff his allies free basic attacks so YES having a shitty charisma is in fact a PENALTY in that instance. The act of giving them a basic attack has nothing to do with being charismatic it has everything to do with using sound strategy and tactics.

Also this.

"hit points are meat" is a baseless assumption made by 3.5tards who saw that only magic could heal (becuase magic is the only thing that can do anything in 3.5) and made a baseless assumption on that when it's fucking ridiculous.

You're telling me level 15 fighter guy despite still having a constitution of 10 can now take 3 greax axes to his ribcage because... he's just got that much extra blood in him?

Inspiring Word doesn't care for Charisma, doofus.

It cares in the sense that most of the stuff buffing it is CHA (or I think Bravuras have that one feat that adds STR), so a charismatic warlord would still have a more powerful inspiring word in general than an INT one.

Tactical Inspiration (eladrin-only, granted), Mark of Healing, Last Legion Officer, Tactician's Word, and Fight On are all Inspiring Word-upgrading feats that are fully effective for an Intelligence warlord.

Additionally, the level 16 feature of the Battle Captain paragon path is the single greatest upgrade to Inspiring Word a warlord can ever ask for, and it is Tactical Presence-exclusive.

Intelligence warlords have been superior to Charisma warlords since 4e was first released due to their more relevant action point benefit, their higher AC and speed, their superior power selection, and the Battle Captain paragon path. By the time of Martial Power 1 and 2, there was absolutely no question that the Intelligence warlord was first among warlords, given the introduction of utility powers like Adaptive Stratagem and Reorient the Axis.