A lich tricks a distraught woodsman into feeding his phylactery under the guise of keeping his daughter alive

>a lich tricks a distraught woodsman into feeding his phylactery under the guise of keeping his daughter alive

The Beast was an awesome villain.

On the subject of the OtGW does anyone know a system with an Americana-Folksy setting or tone? I know that Deadlands dips it's toes in American folklore since it is Wild Western, but I'm looking for a system that fully embraces it.

>user spoils the ending of a great series instead of just referring to the character and recommending it to people who haven't seen it.
You are the scum of the earth.

>spoils
It's not like it wasn't obvious that he was tricking him into keeping it lit, we just didn't know WHY he cared about it until then

But that only became obvious around, what, episode six or something? While the huntsman and the beast were shrouded in mystery from episode one.
This definitely qualifies as spoils.

Could have at least spoilered the image user

I lifted the Forest of the Unknown and Pottsfield almost point when the party (unknowingly) wiped.

>I'm gonna do this whenever the party next picks up a talking animal companion.

>party keeps finding the same kind of creepy object wherever they go
>in the end they don't do anything

I've never played it, but I feel like you could get close if you transplant Deadlands' rules into Changeling the Lost's setting

Goddamn Greg was just too precious.

I also liked how the show had all these little foreshadow moments like showing Greg's bizarre kleptomania

>using liches in your game

The Beast always struck me as more of a Fey than a Lich. All about them deals and trickery, plus his thing with the trees.

He was a devil, if you ask me.
His original concept was even 'Old Scratch', which is a synonym for the devil, who is also called by Lucifer, or light-bearer.
There's a lot of metaphors used to describe infernal punishment, including devils 'eating' souls as the ultimate act of monstrosity.
Also, consider the fact that while he can take souls, he doesn't seem to be able to stand in light without recoiling, which ties into that as well- and he seems to only be able to tempt and trick but not directly attack mortals.

>never played Crypt of the Devil Lich
>PoqueNoLosDos.gif

I just use Bubblegumshoe for the mechanics, and spin the Americana myself. It works far better than my attempts to homebrew something together.

>A potter's field, also known as a common grave, is a term for a place for the burial of unknown or impoverished people who could not afford marked graves.

This... this is how I wish my group would play Changeling: The Lost.

Instead, I get stuck with edgy dark Disney shit.

>Playing the wrong changeling game
I'm not sure why you expected anything other than what you got.

is it weird that i want to make that as a halloween decoration

... so, are you saying that Changeling: The Dreaming would be better? Don't get me wrong, that game's fine for what it is, but, for the same tone that Over The Garden Wall goes for, it feels like The Lost is a better fit.

I'm not saying C:tD would be better for Over the Garden Wall.

I'm just saying that C:tL is shit.

Hahaha Old World fans are hilarious.

So, tell me about Changeling guys, what's it about, what's it like?

There is only One World of Darkness, chroniclefag.

Changeling: The Dreaming is part of the One World of Darkness line of games. Player characters are changelings, fae souls reborn into human bodies, a practice begun by the fae to protect themselves as magic vanished from the world. The game explores the balance between imagination and practicality, and the struggle of art and beauty against the dark, mysterious and heavily 90's "Gothic-Punk" World of Darkness metanarrative. Changeling draws primarily from Gaelic mythology, particularly stories of the sidhe and Tuatha Dé Danann, but also uses mythology and folklore from various other cultures including Native American nations, Greece, India and Yoruba mythology of Africa.

Changeling: The Lost is part of the related but unconnected Chronicles of Darkness line of games, and uses the more modern Storyteller System for gameplay.

The game is primarily inspired by tales of changelings from European folklore but includes elements of similar stories from around the world. While superficially similar to the original World of Darkness game Changeling: The Dreaming, Changeling: The Lost approaches the legends from a more traditional perspective of mortals kidnapped by Fae and eschews the past life angle that characterized its predecessor.

Just watched this series in one go because of this thread. Really good, thanks Veeky Forums.
Wouldn't have minded if it was longer. Well if it could keep up the quality then of course.

Whats the full name of it? I want to write it down

It's "Over the garden wall"
Only ten episodes, ~10 minutes each

Over the Garden Wall.

Also the fact that he can't actually do anything.
He can sit and whisper in your ear and try to convince you do to bad things, but he can't actually do anything himself, unless you let him
Just like (some versions of) the Devil

I really need to improve my reading comprehension

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!