You awaken one morning to find yourself on a civilized world in the Imperium of Man. None too different from Earth...

You awaken one morning to find yourself on a civilized world in the Imperium of Man. None too different from Earth, save for the obvious changes, but you're not going to die of mutants or exposure immediately.

What do you do? You have all your knowledge of the 40k universe but you're still just your normal self. Do you immediately make a pact with Chaos on a world that's completely oblivious? Do you attempt to find the Inquisition and sell your omnipotence, at risk of being shot? Do you kill yourself?

Remember, you're not a psyker, you're not mentally warded, you're an ant compared to the average 40k warrior. But you're almost omnipotent as a result of your meta-knowledge.

I do not speak High Gothic.
I do not speak the local variety of Low Gothic.
I have no knowledge in anything useful for daily 40k life except for lore. I'm fucked up.

I'll throw in a knowledge of basic gothic just to keep things rolling. The fact that you know nothing about civilian life in 40k I think adds to the humor though, because it means you could end up starving before you even meet an enemy.

Join the Imperial Navy and over the course of a long outstanding military career prove myself as a masterful tactician, a heroic figure and pillar of authority within the Imperial military hierarchy who is regarded like a legendary warrior poet, the archetypal vision of the ideal Commissar. I would be granted total autonomous command as Grand Admiral of my own fleet of Imperial starships with several lesser ranked Admirals and Imperial Guard generals under my authority with direct strategic communication with the Space Marines.

From here, I would actualize my designs and visions for the galactic stage through a series of grand scale military campaigns

>machinist
>know how to fix things

Deus Mechanicus I have found my home oh lord.

I barely know anything about 40k, I'm just here for the dank memes and the occasional shitposting and autism.

If I could survive long enough, I would work to make an anonymous imageboard called 4Emperor that is hosted over the warp internet or whatever. Once I got it going, I would automate that shit, retire before the inquisition notices someone is speaking heresy, escape to a backwater shithole, get a fat girlfriend, sell the data mining rights to the tau, and become an anonymous shitposter myself, working a dead-end job at some convenience store or bar.

>you're almost omnipotent as a result of your meta-knowledge
I doubt it. What kind of actually useful things do you know about the setting? You don't know any actual Chaos or maintenance ritual. Nor do you know anything of the future since the timeline is frozen at 999.M41. And that's without taking the NUMEROUS retcons into account. Did the 13th black crusade happen or not?
And even if you did, inter-segmentumcommnuications take months, warp travel is even worse, and the ramblings of an unknown imperial citizen aren't exactly high-priority. By the time your knowledge arrives in the right ears, it will be obsolete. Until then you're just another mad hobo on planet Bumfuckia XVIII.
Besides, 40k human might be the result of generations of eugenics and bioengineering (, possibly the Men of Stone, and hipshooting twin-linked autocannons and so on). You got your genetic purity, but it ain't gonna remplace 38 millenia of evolution.

I kill myself immediately, because I know better than living in the grimderp universe of 40k.It's only a matter of time before I get raped to death by chaos marines, eaten by tyranids or conscripted into imperial guard and die out of hunger, because no one bought food due to a clerical error.

nice meta
Not OP, but I would like to fix this thread. Assume that you have perfect knowledge of everything as is in the universe, but only at the moment you entered it, i.e. you do not get knowledge of the future. So, not just the lore you have read in tabletop, you know the actual universe and history, though you are still a fragile 21 century human.

>omniscience
Well, it makes it easier
>Hello arbitrator, I know how to realise your deepest desire/know of your deepest fear or dirtiest secret and I'm not afraid of using against you. Since I know your personality I'm putting the social mask that is most likely to work with you and I've taken steps ensuring you don't cross me. Would you kindly take me to your superior?
Rinse and repeat until I see the High Lords of Terra.
Change names depending on your favorite faction.

You might be of use if you appear at the Ullanor celebration march, but if you appear at a random place you'll soon find out that

- stellar cartography is hard and the universe is big and well, the fluff doesnt go into *detail*
- you dont know much , a few hundred battles on a few hundred planets
- most of your knowledge is death sentence stuff. legion origins, ctan on mars etc
- most of your knowledge is spread over hundreds or thousands of years.

but if you appeared just at the Ullanor march and big E thwn drained you of your entire knowledge of HH and 40k then it would change everything.

Well fuck. How can I construe a better premise?

Honestly if you wanna play it safe, you can trade off looking for glory and power by instead just joining the Inquisition as THE war-historian.

Be a blank? Psyker gene hasn't appeared in M3.
Unless you go full Isekai, a regular human from 2016 doens't have much that can interest the Imperium, I'm afraid.

Am I a blank?
I am fucking ashamed about how little history I know about the real world. It's fun to read I guess, but it's such a shitty fucking subject.

Wouldn't your sudden appearance and knowledge of the world be interesting as fuck to Tzeentch?

>be me
>join PDF
>get acquainted with military gear and equipment
>get tithed to the guard
>use knowledge to keep my self alive
>retire
>chill on a lil' agri-world w/ qt3.14 SoB waifu and a wall full of xenos heads
I'd say I'm all set famalambroghini

nice

Go and search for induction into a Word Bearer cult and accept the Primordial Truth, in Lorgar's holy name

Gain the attention of Cegorach with my knowledge, and live the rest of my life sorting books.

My great goal would be to get sweet xenos booty.

You might be able to manage that if you can prove your value to the Tau. If you're useful to them, then an Ethereal would most assuredly give you your own personal Water Caste.

The other races, however, would prove far trickier.