In the grim darkness of the far future... humans are manlets

After yesterday's discovery that Macha is apparently seven feet two inches tall (HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK), it dawned on me that your friendly neighborhood guardsman is still listed to be somewhere around 5 feet 9 inches.
In year 40,999...
Isn't that strange?
Humans grew almost 4 inches in the last 100 years.
I'm no saying 40k humans should be 5 stories tall, but keeping M2 height seems wrong to me.

Most humans live in hive cities and are pretty underfed/live in cramped quarters. You've got civilized worlds, and even utopian ones, but it kinda balances out with the people that live as literal cavemen.

There should be at least some residual height from the pre-Age of Strife era, I meant we're talking goddamn 25 thousand years of scientific advancement and all around pretty swell time to be human, relatively speaking.

You don't seem to understand just how important diet is in how much you grow.

You mean lean ogryns are the real humans?

HERETIC

this desu

>Humans grew almost 4 inches in the last 100 years.
because we've improved quality of life and nutrition pretty fucking significantly in the past 100 years

people who work in death factories and subsist on corpse starch their entire fucking lives are not going to be growing very tall

Also, average height has fluctuated across different times and places.

Does OP think height increases in the last century have been evolutionary?

He doesn't think, that's the problem.

or how trivial growth actually is

there's no blanket benefit to being larger, it makes it harder to do a lot of things, not just because of your energy requirements

if we were evolving to be taller inexorably we'd have put on a lot more than 12cm in a hundred years, because the advantage it would grant to the tallest would enable it to dominate genetically

whereas in fact you can't really make a human taller than they already get without causing problems with weight distribution, balance, circulation (which is important to that big brain of yours, way up there) and so on that necessitate the rapid redevelopment of your internal organs to cope with the additional stresses

and that's assuming that larger hominids haven't died out in the past for being the useless panda of their eras thanks to their pointless overgrowth

>t.Manlet

where was that about Macha? I must have missed it...

>t.memelet

DoW crew posted some scale scetches, Macha was 2,2 metres. Admittedly with her armor on, but it won't add more than a few inches since she has no battle stilettos

Eldar have always been described as significantly taller than humans, as well as being far more lithe and graceful. Even in much of the art, they're often shown as standing at least a head above regular humans and being somewhat equal to Space Marines.

You dont seem to understand GW never put so much brain behind a fucking miniatures game.

And that DOW 3 is not canon and not Dawn of War

This is from the short story "Blind Hopes" by Abnett from 2005. Eldar being tall is superdupercanon.

>She wondered what the humans would make of her. A goddess, no doubt. In their eyes, she was a woman, far above average height for a human female, slender, and majestic. It was a ironic joke of the Cosmos that Eldar and human were so physically alike. Her perfection would have triggered wars of lust and driven human males to despair.

don't know man.. space marines look taller than eldar most of the time

space marines are big guys

Average height varies wildly by world, user. You have worlds where everyone is 5'3" on average, you have worlds like Catachan where everyone is a giant made out of muscles, you have some strains of voidborn who are 7 feet tall and maybe 160 pounds. There really is no kind of uniformity or average in the Imperium.

hijacking the thread a little, is 500 million/world a good average of the population of the imperium?

that would put them in the 500 trillion (a million worlds)

Son most their planets are hive planets that house billions of people per hive. They have multiple number of hives per world and multitude of smaller hives surrounding the bigger ones. Feral worlds & civilized worlds with sparce population are the outliers.

I said average, is obvious that there are worlds with much more and worlds with much less

i'm not stupid

>wars of lust
>driven human males to despair

Someone has a high opinion of herself.

I would absolutely go to war over an intense desire to bone her, Veeky Forums.

Uuuu

How do they land a lot of guardsmen in a planet quickly?

they use teleporters or what?

>How do they land a lot of guardsmen in a planet quickly?

Big landers.

>they use teleporters or what?

No, teleportation technology is extremely rare.
The most frequent users of it are space marines and even then typically only their elite formations.

Teleportariums are archaeotech, bordering on heretical (since they propel you through the warp).

In the glorious Imperium, you make landfall the old fashioned way, By means of landers. Thousands and thousands of them. In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, every day is D-day.

Most planets in the Imperium are not fucking hive worlds. I have no idea why you'd think that. Every Hive World is supported by multiple other worlds.

that's cool as fuck

Extremely rare is an understatement to be sure.

That guy got a chance?

I feel like a chainsword could do a tiny bit of damage

No he's fucked unless he's being used as bait for a melta gun guy ready behind him. Even then he is probably dead.

Also to all the factions, teleportation is very risky because you pass trought the Warp. The main exception are the Orks, who created a 100% safe method with their tellyporta.

That is Macha?

>100% safe

Tell that to the snotlings.

>ywn cuddle and have sex with a beautiful tall space elf

Fuck off Heretic

we have bigger problems than space elves right now

go hunt some chaos worshipers, it'll be more helpful

Yes, and Taldeer's the Wraithknight with a red sword.

So... did Macha finally get laid? Or is she as frustrated as always?

heh, a smuglet

Heh heh heh

Being tall actually has a lot of advantages, which OP is ignoring because he is a butthurt manlet.

That extra height allows you to gain more muscle mass than would be easily obtained on a shorter frame

The extra height means longer legs, which means less energy required to run

The extra height means you can see over tall obstacles, and have a greater reach than shorter people

Generally, taller people weigh more than shorter people. If I had to fight, I'd want to be fukkin' HUGE, so when I hit something, it is actually hurt.

Social gains. Being tall makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, and makes the same sex less aggressive towards you. Being tall means you can instantly command presence when you walk in a room.

>OP is a manlet, and can go take his tiny manlet ass back to Veeky Forums as far as I'm concerned. Being tall has so many advantages it's sad OP has to delude himself there are none.

Show me where I said something about advantages or disadvantages of being tall, user.

I literally left this thread for dead after third post, because user talking about diet was right.

FOR YOOOOOU

>there's no blanket benefit to being larger, it makes it harder to do a lot of things, not just because of your energy requirements

>assuming that larger hominids haven't died out in the past for being the useless panda of their eras thanks to their pointless overgrowth

You seem to have a pretty clear negative idea about tall people, and a poor recollection. Let me illuminate you.

I'm sorry, but you quoted someone else.
these are my only posts before I came back and saw this shit back on the top of the thread catalog.

>tfw tallgirl fetish

Why do eldar have to be so sexy.

if relic isn't derping out and eldar chicks are seriously half a meter taller than normal humans, I sincerely hope drawfags won't let us down

dey'z don't kount

Eldar are space elves.
Space Elves are tall.
7 foot elf sounds about right.

>7 foot elf sounds about right.
it really fucking doesn't.
Vanilla elves in Witcher are inch or two taller than humans at most.
Their cousins, the Alder Folk, in pic related, were fucking uncanny.

>were fucking uncanny.
yeah, that sounds right

That elf is a rude elf.

Bickering over anons aside, Eldar are supposed to have hyper-efficient biology so they likely get around this.

most people will live in said hive worlds because of their dense populations.

she looks pretty frustrated
so I'm going to say no

I'm really digging this Macha. Some aren't fans of top knots but I like em.

>were fucking uncanny.
So that is perfect since Eldar have been described again and again as possessing a bizarrely perfect and alien beauty.

Meh, 5'9" is not much below average (only 0'1" going by statics of average male height in developed countries for males of 18+) excluding variations (average asian countries have it lower, scandinavians are a bit taller on average). Given that most of the population lives in hive cities and those are pretty cramped, that seems about right.

>that would put them in the 500 trillion (a million worlds)
There are planets with many trillions dude.

I was reading estimates a couple days ago that put the Imperial Guard at 500 Trillion and the entire Imperium at many Quadrillions.