Any anti-That Guy stories? No? I'm sharing mine

Any anti-That Guy stories? No? I'm sharing mine.
>11th grade, friends decided to try out dnd at one guys (the dm)request
>no one has ever played before (except for dm)
>play 4e because we didn't know any better
>show up at friends house, start getting comfy
>he brought along his friend, Mark
>okay.jpg
>party of 5(? can't remember well)
>I play elven rogue, because fuck yea I can be a dickass rogue
>friends play wizard, fighter, paladin
>Mark plays ranger or bard I can't remember well, was a few years ago
>generic "you all meet in a tavern" intro, we soon get hired by a dwarven woman to clear out her basement or something
>questioning her at her house, everyone starts getting the hang of roleplaying
>descend into dungeon, start murderhoboing
>Mark is a good role player, a good player, and a hilarious dude
>play for hours, everyone has a great time
>this game gets everyone into ttrpgs, eventually the founders of a D&D club at our high school
>after game
>Mark pulls out his laptop to show us some homebrew stuff or something
>he has fucking Veeky Forums open
>mfw
Even later, our DM who grew up with him told us a bunch of weird but funny stories about mark. Favourite one
>Mark is sick one day, doesn't show up to school
>feels better sometime through the day, decides to go to school even if late
>shows up to classroom when everyone is out at the time
>later
>class is being held
>teacher goes to cupboard to take something out
>opens the door, Mark casually walks out of it
>teacher doesn't know what to say
>keks were supposedly had
Mark if you're reading this, I want to play in one of your sessions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1k8craCGpgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thinly veiled attempt to reunite with Mark
I wish you luck, OP.

I hope senpai notices you, OP.

Mark sounds like a real cool dude

You mean a This Guy.

Bumping for interest.

will also bump

Bumpfest 2016. Come on, more people must know a This Guy!

>I play elven rogue, because fuck yea I can be a dickass rogue
>anti-That Guy stories? No? I'm sharing mine.

oh god, it's you!

Mark's mine, OP. If you kiss him it'll be my dick you're tasting, so don't even think about it.

Mark's a pretty great dude.

Bumping so OP and Mark can be together.

Bump Mark x OP

Calling all Marks

I had one guy in my old group who played a lawful neutral wizard who specialized in domination magic and had bunch of skill points dumped into Intimidate. His dream was to crush the will of a chaotic being and remake it as lawful, and then publish the method. I don't remember any specific antidotes off the top of my head, but it was good times.

I want you to find Mark OP.

This thread needs a soundtrack.

youtu.be/1k8craCGpgs

I hope you find your man, OP!
Good luck!

James?

Bumping for Mark and OP

Oh shit! Did it happen?

No, this is Patrick.

Oh fuck I don't have the SpongeBob webm on my phone. Someone, please!

Mark and James will be forever together

world's fastest resolved love story

This thread is making me giggle

a little bit of kindness is always heartwarming. I hope you find Mark and you play years of awesome D&D with him.

Ok i will share mine too, even though we are still playing together.

>be me
>never touched a tabletop gaming
>watch CR and hundreds of other DnD streams
>fuck i want to play, maybe dm
>my gf's friends had been engaged to a guy she has been back and forth with for maybe a year.
>we don't talk extensevely if not whenever we go out together, mostly because i'm a fucking mess and sociopath.
>he just cannot stop liking me apparentely
>ok.jpg
>go back to me wanting to game. Ok what the fuck im gonna buy the starter set and work my way out dming with that
>gf and friend never played either, him, let's call him Herny, has played before not only DnD and his dad used to play in the 70s.
>long story short he roleplays wonderfully(mountain dwarf Gimli kind of PC), is always full on playing, rping, makes effort to keep the other players engaged and tries to get the girls more relaxed and give them fun situations to rp in.
>plus bring cakes from his mom often to the sessions (my mom is a better baker but the effort is appreciated)
>Herny likes me, no many people do, Herny is always observant while a describe and doesn't get his phone out, Herny is a nice guy, I would never want to have him leave our group (our broke up with her gf).
>I'm happy with Herny in our group.

I want to believe in this...

>antidotes

Was he poisonous or are you implying that his viewpoint was toxic?

I had a guy who played a shaman in my Shadowrun campaign who was a really nice guy. We weren't all that close in character, but her and my decker worked well together as a team and we got through some tough situations together. And out of character, the shaman's player and I would hang out sometimes, spend a lot of time talking. He was one of the few people I knew that was eager to talk that I was actually eager to listen to.

He ended up moving away, so that kind of sucks, but it was great to have him while he was around.

>ITT: Bromance stories.

If were talkin bromance I got one.
>Playing hardcore campaign of 5e over the past year
>Combat and dungeon running is vicious
>Play as the narcissistic warlock
>Broheim is playing the rogue and probably the straight man of the group
>Everybody OOC gets along great, but IC shit is tense due to conflicting characters
>Still there's a lotta times where the group gets split and it's normally me and Brogue
>We fall down a waterfall and our saved by the good graces of feather fall
>Take an in game week to wander through nightmare caves to find our way back to civilization
>We are now best friends after surviving together
>A few months and a few lethal encounters go by and were the last surviving members of the original party. We are immortal.
>Alas it couldn't last as I unintentionally killed us via my own hubris by springing a trap filled with shades. Being a warlock and Rogue our strengths are not high.

Now I'm a nihilist cleric and he's a savage barbarian who is somehow the straight man again. The bonds will be reforged.

Don't stop believing OP, Mark will come back one day.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but how does playing a narcissist warlock work? Don't they have to fellate a devil/tree spirit/shoggoth to get their powers?

Not him, but narcissists can be grade-a asskissers. It's all about perspective; you are sucking up to someone more powerful, you're manipulating your intellectual lessers (that happen to be much more powerful than you currently are) into giving you what you want.