Sometimes you feel like the only adventurer in the world without a mount

>Sometimes you feel like the only adventurer in the world without a mount

>Not riding your waifu into battle

>Not riding your waifu after battle

> A thread was archieved for this.

>not just fucking your horse

It was probably dead anyway. Or a general.

Or maybe there was an empty space in the catalog because a mod deleted a thread that really didn't need to be deleted but got the boot anyway because it didn't fit in the strictest definition of Veeky Forums. Maybe it had an anime OP image or it was vaguely fetishy or something.

Tch. True adventurers spend enough time in caverns, caves, ancient ruins, towers and tombs that mounts are for suckers. They just need pack mules. And even those fail to really serve their needs soon enough.

Horses are for manlings and elves, what's wrong with a sturdy cart?

>tfw you can never make a mounted character because everyone else in the party is an idiot who wants to walk everywhere or expect you to bring a cart for them

>players are angry about movement penalties from encumbrance
>complain they can only carry so much loot before their movement speed is fucked
>of course you don't move as fast with 70 pounds on your back, are you retarded or something
>do you think that armor is just a metallic T-shirt?

>tell them they can get a beast of burden, cart, or even hire some moron from town to carry their shit
>they cry because they're "too poor" to do that
>those fucknuts have at least 50 gold, which is way more than enough money in this game
>complain they need to go into "adventurer debt" to do anything

Ignoring encumbrance is a mistake that has ruined players.

>Bretonian plz go.

You sound mad

It just strenghtens the bond between mount and rider!

LEWD

>do you think that armor is just a metallic T-shirt?

Armour doesn't slow you down much at all, and the heaviest suits of plate only weight some 40lbs. You'll get tired faster, but the weight it evenly distributed, so it won't slow you down much.

Wear it the whole day and it's a different story.

>wearing plate for a whole day
What retard does that?

Our DM gave us shitty horses and it turned out it was faster if I just ran with them

I buy a beast of burden sometimes but I'm paranoid that it'll get robbed or killed
Probably because my first DM loved killing off all the animals I got attached to
>Rip Darkle the Griffon

Footslogger pcs heaviest weighed 60s/low70s average was 40s and 50s but that does not count gear other than armor

Of course it all depends o how simulationist yyoiu want to be...games is complex

If you're adventuring without a means to seperately transport your armor it's actually smarter to wear it all day, because, like the other guy said, the weight is distributed evenly across your whole body instead of being carried in a heavy bag.

That being said, as long as you don't try to run a marathon in the thing it's pretty easy to endure wearing one all day. Just make sure you drink enough and take a break or two

Roll 1d10 for a travel companion.
Travel companions vanish mysteriously after 24 hours or when the summoner goes to sleep.

>1: Horse
Mild temperament. Large enough to carry two average-sized humans.
>2: Moa
Timid temperament. Unwilling to carry people.
>3: Wooly Rhino
Wary temperament. Slow travel speed, doesn't handle heat well. Carries 3 average-sized humans.
>4. Giant Turtle
Incredibly slow but can carry up to 6 average-sized humans or about 1000lbs of gear.
>5. Paraceratherium
Gentle temperament. 18ft tall at the shoulder, 30ft long. Its sheer size makes you stand out wherever you go. Frequently stops to eat. Carries 6 average-sized humans.
>6. Traveling Slime
No temperament. Hard to ride but can hold gear inside itself. Might not be worth riding.
>7. Corgi
Friendly temperament. Too small for non-Pixie races to ride. Can carry a small travel pack.
>8. Boar
Territorial temperament. Disobeys on occasion and acts aggressive towards everyone who isn't in your party. Might carry 1 average-sized person if it feels like it.
>9. Baby Stegosaurus
Curious temperament. Strong but prone to flee from fights. Can carry 1 average-sized person.
>0. Wooden Horse
Gentle temperament. Incredibly hardy. Refuses to move at night without adequate lighting. Can carry 2 average-sized humans.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Can I fugg the slime?

If you enter the slime it'll absorb you. You may not survive.

Well then what's the fucking point? Slime fugging is literally the best thing about them

You have about 24 hours to figure something out, I guess

Why?

I agree with this, and indeed they wouldn't have been slowed by their armor alone.

Even after all the weapons, foodstuffs, tinderboxes, torches, ropes, backup-weapons, blankets (not tents), and other things considered the bare essentials for adventure, their speed was slowed by just one quarter. It was an acceptable speed, and those without metal armor had a little room in their inventory before the half-speed mark.

The problem occurred to them when they realized that to take home a satisfying amount of treasure, they needed to either make room in their packs, recruit mounts or men to help, or travel home at half speed.

This choice seemed impossible to them, as they were accustomed to carrying the whole earth on their backs while moving as fast as if they were wearing nothing but the clothes on their backs.

I been dying to play a cavalier that rides some sort of bird
Anybody has done something like that before?

>Be in a world where everyone has a mount
>You're stuck with an ornery ass

His name is Pancho.