D&d OP bullshit

> playing D&D
> player gets held at crossbowpoint by guards
> "lol I have 75 hit points"
> character falls off of a cliff
> character gets his head run over by a cart

Please explain how this game is "good". No one and nothing can die dramatically; they can only die by having their hit points whittled down in combat using pre-approved maneuvers and methods. And whenever you try to go outside these rules, D&D players sperg the fuck out, because if they aren't killed by dragonbreath that deals 10d10 damage, then YOU are the shitty GM for daring to go outside the rules of the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/49013941/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/"75 hit points"/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm hoping this is just false flagging, because I don't even want to believe for a second that the anti-D&D trolls have actually gotten this bad.

It's a superhero game, just have every character fall into a vat of enchanted dragon semen, and make them all get pseudonyms next time.

If your group is so anally bound to the rules then maybe you should try finding a group that's more narrative-driven and less concerned with math.

Literally the same thread over and over. At least change the OP, you lazy troll.

why post the same pasta as all the other times?

Nigga, I am not "trolling." Stop dismissing anyone who brings up a valid criticism of a shitty "roleplaying" game that is still played by over 95% of roleplayers out there.

Think how many dangers are completely fucking ruined by the dumb-fuck D&D rules:

> hostage situations
> battles near cliff edges
> balancing over a pit of lava

Instead of thinking of realistic ways to deal with these threats, or how to make characters more competent in other ways, D&D just stacks up the "insurance" to the point where taking 8 damage from an orc at 20th level means nothing actually happened. The game mechanics are completely dissociated from reality. They might as well not exist. A wound is not a wound, and if you *do* get hurt, you must use high level magic to heal a high level character properly, even though their wound is the same fuckign size proportionally. THAT makes a shitton of sense!!! How come an experienced fighter with a cut on his arm needs a fucking Heal when a 1st level fighter with THAT EXACT SAME CUT needs a mere Cure Light Wounds?

Oh and don't even try to justify it with your shitty-ass post-hoc rationalization. It just makes me want to puke when D&Dfags try to rationalize the fact that their fighter can fall 200 feet and land on his dick and suffer no ill effects (remember, hit points aren't meat points so when you lose HP you aren't even getting hurt, also HP doesn't matter til 0 anyway), by mentioning that one Soviet dyke who survived falling 30,000 feet out of her airplane. Not even taking into account how much women lie, that is ONE EXAMPLE. Do you know how many people have fallen that far, or MUCH LESS, and died? Thousands.

Really, I think D&D should be banned for having a fucking monopoly on the RPG market. It is promoting low-quality gaming for years now.

>this same copypasta

Do you really just want people to waste time explaining why you're wrong again? People won't keep falling for the same tricks if you don't vary them up a little.

Can't you complain in one of the other two threads complaining about this exact topic? We didn't need a third one.

A thread died for this.

Do we really even need two threads? Or even one, just for trolls to circlejerk how much they hate something that's popular?

1) None of this is copypasta

2) None of it is worng and you have no way of proving me wrong other than "LOL I LIKE BEING AN IMMORTAL SUPERHERO" bullshit

There should be dozens of threads about this, until D&D players are forced off the board and leave it for real roleplayers. Not "I'm playing a CG elf cleric" faggots. That's not a character, that's a set of stats. So sick of players justifying actions "because I'm neutral" or "because I'm an orc", just fucking kill yourselves, that is not roleplaying, that is not a motivation, that is just baby-ass sticking pegs in holes and acting like it's creative or interesting. It's not, it's cookie cutter bullshit. I would love modern day D&D where some guy plays a moderate-conversative black construction worker and says "I steal from teh food vendor.... BECAUSE I'M BLACK, HAHAHHA"

It's the EXACT same thing. Now do you see how stupid and pathetic that is?

Hell, it took D&D five editions just to not be a rules-bloated mess and have actual roleplaying mechanics. That should fucking say something.

I already played and knew other system other than d&d.
I actually found many systems at the same time, so I didnt started with d&d and played some stuff like cyberpunk 2020 and wod games...

After some amount if years I still looked for d&d (3.5) and downloaded pdfs, had almost every one.

After some amount of time, i started to see 2 things, the mess the game is, I also saw some blog that explained why its IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX THOSE STUFF.

After it I TOTALLY stopped to care about d&d and started to research more about other systems (since part of my research and discussion time used to d&d was now gone), and know I only play other stuff.

>how much they hate something that's popular?

I don't hate it because it's popular, you strawmanning cunt. I hate it because it is poorly designed and is propped up by a massive R&D budget. I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and they are plenty popular. I like Star Wars and it's popular. Stop trying to paint me as a faggy hipster to turn the argument back on me, when the problem is with YOUR shitty system.

Wow, you're really going for it.

You're one dedicated troll, though sadly your efforst have only convinced me that you are just a false-flagger, because even people who hate D&D couldn't be this retarded.

Do not give him (you)s. Do not bump his thread. Let it die quietly while he vents his pathetic rage no one wants to read.

Well tough guy in the game im running has about that many hit points. I would not try to hold her at gunpoint with just one crossbow because she's level ten. Ten crossbows would be better.

You're a shit dm i guess

Man, I hate D&D too, but you can at least find a fresh problem to bitch about.

Why is your part of max level dudes fighting a 2cr orc.

The mistake was yours for entering in a superhero game without expecting superhero shenanigans, next you'll complain M&M has people in spandex flying around and that's unrealistic.

I'm going to keep playing D&D and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

Does it make you mad? Does it burn you up inside, knowing that someone out there is liking something you don't like and you are literally 100% powerless to stop it?

>The mistake was yours for entering in a superhero game without expecting superhero shenanigans
excuse moi, but this is bullshit. look at the game art: nothing signals that this is a superhero game. when i even glance at capeshit, i know what i am getting. if i leaf through D&D, it comes across as bog-standard tolkien-esque fantasy.

you know D&D wouldnt sell as much if they started depicting "superhero shenanigans" all over the book. so, it's a scam.

> ten crossbows

I'm guessing she has about 100 hp? Even 10d8 damage isn't going to do shit to her.

D&D hit point fluff is out of control. Admit it.

I don't care if you play it. You think I give a shit about one more player playing D&D when literally millions are playing it as we speak? You're a conceited fuck.

No, I am sick of D&D being shilled by faggots who cannot even defend against the obvious flaws in the system, then whine about it and say "LOLOLOL BADWRONGFUN" and shilling D&D to new players and have roleplaying poisoned for these new people who dont know any better.

People who do that should honestly, unironically kill themselves. I would like to watch their mother cry as their shattered skull is lowered into a grave. I fucking hate these self-assured smug cunts who cannot even argue for their system. I don't care if people play shitty games, I care about the constant D&D shilling, by faggots who cannot refute a single one of my points, and by the way "being shitty is the point of the game" is NOT a fucking counterargument.

> no superheroes on cover
> not advertised as superhero game
> implying fantasy, even high fantasy, == capeshit
> implying superhero shit is even a real genre
> implying D&D is anything but false advertising

not op here. nah, i don't mind that. people who like hack & slash fantasy are decently served with D&D. it's just that people who prefer something other than hack & slay with "superhero shenanigans" get served something subpar. and that is an awareness that should spread throughout the gaming community.

>No, I am sick of D&D being shilled by faggots who cannot even defend against the obvious flaws in the system, then whine about it and say "LOLOLOL BADWRONGFUN" and shilling D&D to new players and have roleplaying poisoned for these new people who dont know any better.
the funniest part is when the deendeefags pretend that every post is just by one troll, unable to conceive (or unwilling to admit) that d&d have more than detractor.

and then they go claim that we have been over this and that d&d critics' arguments have been successfully refuted. only in their imagination

Look at this cover, they lied to us! it's not a game about red and gold spheres!

There are plenty of reasons to say that D&D is a bad game, but this is not one of them. Maybe you just need to get good, OP.

>Punching THROUGH some giants
>Not superhero stuff
Ok

What do REAL roleplayers play, user?

> implying that isn't also bullshit
> implying the 2000 character limit on Veeky Forums posts allows me to outlien everything bad about D&D in one post

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/49013941/

Copy Pasta. Not even old copy pasta either.

Dungeon World.

FATAL, according to the OP, apparently.

And no one refuted it then or now.

Also the other user was referring to my second post, which was originally typed.

Now, either refute my points, or get out.

>There are plenty of reasons to say that D&D is a bad game, but this is not one of them.

And what reasons are those?

You're an elitist cunt and you can't even come up with valid complaints. Kill yourself faggot.

You know what most people do when they don't find D&D to be fun for them? They do something else with their time. They don't try to punish everyone else for having badwrongfun. The people who enjoy D&D are not faking it to get on your nerves.

You, and I'm going to assume it was you because you're replying to my post in referece to this point, said that D&D didn't advertise itself as a "superhero" game in medieval fantasy, I'm going to say that's a lie because the vast majority of D&D 3.5/4 (the ones that have the HP bloat problem and the ones most people complain) official art is dudes doing superheroic shit

i was talking about the general art directionin though

there are 1 trillion d&d images. of course there is some over the top stuff among it. it's not reflective of the art direction in general though.

>it comes across as bog-standard tolkien-esque fantasy.

You clearly need to read Silmarillion.

>You know what most people do when they don't find D&D to be fun for them? They do something else with their time.
yeah but you're missing the problem. i want every one of these people to be aware that d&d is one style of gaming and there are very different RPGs out there.

if they then still go "nah", fine!

1. By the moment you have 75 HPs guards aren't even going to hit you
2. You're pretty optimistic if you think 20d6 are not going to kill you when you have 75 HPs
3. People have survived ben run over by trucks...in muddy soils, same could happen with the cart

>it's a "copypasta based on experienced GMs falling for RAWshittery" thread

HP is only for situations where the player surviving an injury is thematically relevant. Plot kills, "he was only mostly dead" returns of a fallen PC, NPCs being killed without an attack/damage roll when their survival doesn't help the scene become more interesting and a thousand other rules I don't have time to site based purely on HP mechanics are all valid as long as you use them in a way that's enjoyable for your players. RAWfags are literally the worst kind of players and need to go back to /v/ where they belong.

Not to mention the fact that killing a character is the most boring way to punish a player imaginable. Get creative.

>refute my opinions!

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

This pasta is not al dente.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/"75 hit points"/type/op/

We had this thread last month.

We all seem to be aware of that.

been there, done that. that's why I said tolkien-esque. people who have watched LOTR have no trouble getting a grip on most parts of Forgotten Realms

a system's quality is not to be judged by any GM's merit. that's not a saving grace.

ITT
>Rational people
>Fanboys
>OP
Rational people are discussing actual gameplay, fanboys are giving slightly silly but useful arguments.

And then there's OP. OP clearly has never played a normal D&D game, or if he has he just played 4e for a one-shot and thought it was way too gamey, or 3.5 and thought it too crunchy.

You see boys and girls, OP here is a classic case of being a dipshit. He adds old copy pasta arguments against a brand with no clue that each editions in modern times varies considerably. OP assumes everything he reads online is true, and takes everything literally.

Earlier he assumed that because someone mentioned D&D was by default at superhero powerlevel when you have 75hp that that meant you must have Pulp Superhero characteristics and that WoTC is therefore falsely advertising. Clearly OP isn't that dumb, so I'll lay that one down as bait. God help him if he is.

OP is a dipshit or a really shitty baitposter. Likely both.

not OP but the HP bloat can be held against any modern D&D. same as AC being a measure of both nimbleness and "soak"

>Earlier he assumed that because someone mentioned D&D was by default at superhero powerlevel when you have 75hp that that meant you must have Pulp Superhero characteristics and that WoTC is therefore falsely advertising.
that was the assertion, yes. they even tried to make the case for it with this illustration

This all started because you tried to run something else and nobody was interested, didn't it? That's not their problem, you know; it's yours.

huh? nah. i am part of a gaming clique that is together for more than 20 years and we play all kinds of games. D&D is nothing special here. we do have an on-going 3.X campaign though but the sorceror of the group is now starting to take over... level 9ish, I believe.

also I am not from the US and outside the US, D&D is more an also-ran. here in europe it has nowhere near the standing that it has in the US. not even close.

>Not to mention the fact that killing a character is the most boring way to punish a player imaginable. Get creative.

Get fucked, faggot. It's not about "punishing" the player its about the result of the player's actions. If the player does something that would get them killed, they die. Simple as that. Sick of DMs asspulling just for "muh plot", go play fucking FATE or Dung-eon World if you want that.

You're retarded faggot, I've been part of a 5e campaign for hte past three months playing a dwarvish eldritch knight. I have about 75 hp now.

Sure you do

Someone needs a hug.

>I'm guessing she has about 100 hp? Even 10d8 damage isn't going to do shit to her.
>D&D hit point fluff is out of control. Admit it.

closer to 75, and the first round of attacks will take about, i would estimate, 30%-50% of her HP

I kill PCs really fast. Players that try to get by on HP alone die.

>this thread again
>there are two of them up

literally kill yourself