Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1101: Terrible Cherry Blossoms and Dalmatians, Son edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ShineGreymon_Ruin_Mode
digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ShineGreymon_Burst_Mode
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You beat my 'ridiculous title mashup edition' by about 30 seconds.

Changelog:

0.5: Included an example of My Will, My Way in action in the Notes for clarification. Clarified the perk’s timeframe as well.

Here's a few I know of.

Savant - Pokemon
Crack Shot - Prototype
Hawk Eyed & Hero of Skill - Fable
Hitman - 007
Master Combatant - Arrowverse
Sniper - Fallout
Range Connoisseur, Bouncy Bullet Ball, and Statuesque Slayer - Gears of War
Hands as Fast as Lightning - Generic Western
Top Scores - Kingsman
Mighty Skill - One Punch Man
Memory Partition - Tsukihime

Any amount of enhanced sense of air, space, and/or kinetic energy will help too, as will abilities that speed up your perception of time, giving you longer to line up a shot.

OI, thread, a question.

This came from the Contract thing in Ben 10. Do you prefer choosing a companion when you begin jump, and have them like you more from beginning, or would you prefer having to earn their like, but you get an item that lets you choose who you want to companion in case you change your mind, instead

Ideas for perks

a perk that allows you to gather solar/lunar energy and unleash it into a super mode.
a perk that lets you be BFF's with heaven/hell expies.
a set of perks (based on digimon types) that allow you to train certain things faster.
a set of perks that grant elemental resistances (with mandatory drawback to make you weak to the opposing element)

items
digifarm
digifarm equipment/terrain/bgm
gatedisk (teleports to warehouse?)
tamer home?
legendary equipment

companion
free lunamon/coronamon

Anyone got other ideas?

Citation needed, the drawback says

Green Alien Space Babes (+0) Rather being being cute, cuddly, roundtund version of Irkens, Kerbals
are now human-like, green-skinned aliens with actual gender differences. Rather than being 3 feet tall,
they instead seem to average from 4' 5" to 5' 4". Weirdly enough, they still weigh similar, probably so
as to not throw off the fuel requirements too badly. For your companion corp, you can pick and choose
the gender ratio as you so desire - the default is 50/50.

Nothing about it affecting other species. If you're right great, but I can't see it.

Both, have the option make a certain character more amiable to you, but if they don't want to come with you you can still pick someone else if you can convince them.

I prefer to have you start the jump with a relationship with them appropriate to your origin.

I never like the "you have to convince them" style of companion purchases, if you're paying CP they should just become companions. Especially since canon companions are often the most expensive options in a jump, "pay 300+ cp for a chance to convince someone to become a companion". Never mind the fact that realistically there are few people who would agree without so much charisma it's basically mind control.

opinion on data draining Saitama to make myself into the next One Punch Man? no questioning the HOW, assume success, just would I become OPM if I data drain him.

Discworld Jump 106:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Psychotrophic Weather [+100]
The Hunt is On! [+200]
Fate of Mr. Hong [+300]
Background: Drop-In
Perks:
Followed the Footnotes [Free]
Parody [-100]
Nob [-200]
True Librarian [-300]
Monk of History [-200]
Inner Jumper [-400]
Heredity [-400]

"Take care of the kids, Yuno." My crimson coat flicked open to show it's new ebony lining and the delicate work of both my own and Yuno's embroidery designs, which incorporated every form of safe language magic I knew of. I̷̷҉n̕͘͡e̴͘͜v̵i͟t͘a̡͡b̵͠l͟e̕͢ C͞҉r̀u̸͞el͝ ̢͘Wi͜ś̸d͘ó͟m̶̢̛.' was resting sheathed at my back and I felt the touch again as I and Grim double checked ourselves for perhaps the sixth time, feather light upon a sense I'd never even known about before it had happened the first time. HE had requested this meeting and I personally didn't want to screw this up.
"I still don't like it," Yuno huffed as she held Grim Jr. and Minimandy to her side, "why only you two?"
"Visitors other than..." I tried to properly word it but failed for the first time in a long while I couldn't come up with the proper words and thus I just relied on the truth, "beings like me and Grim just kinda expire before Him."
We stepped away and for a moment there was a great distortion as the Space between us and Him Died before being replaced with newborn Space. I tried not to think of it too hard even as I turned to Him. Azrael gazed down at us, supernovas shimmering in His eyes in the same way that light reflects off a normal humans. After a while of just standing there the immense being, so large in scope that I would wager he was as big or perhaps even one of the foundations of the very universe itself, he simply nodded and again we were back on the Disc. Both Grim and I grinned like never before.
After four centuries I went out for a drink with Grim.
After all, it's not often that you meet the Death of the Universes and gain his approval.

You immediately go bald, you defeat everything in one punch, and your chain becomes incredibly boring and uninteresting. You will eventually have an existential crisis about never being able to find a worthy opponent or a challenge worth fighting, or just how insurmountably easy things are.

Your jumps become astoundingly routine and boring until in, your pseudo-immortality as the chain goes on, you fixate on a single hobby or goal of yours until it becomes all you can think about doing, to the point where you're nothing more than a hollow husk of what you once were, following things out of habit and routine instead of out of newness or fun.

As you wonder if ultimate power was worth it or not, you crack open a beer and watch some TV. Day in, day out, over and over again, forever.

Yes, but depending on how you do your chain, have you ever not had that thought that after living the jump, possibly changing stuff, you no longer want that person and you'd rather someone else?

So, uh, after searching the archive, I can't find the post.

>implying that only fighting can bring enjoyment
kek.

Even if it were, there are perks to prevent such a scenario: Random Encounters, Difficulty Level, etc.

Have you considered that no rational person would ever come with you unless you were the most important thing in their lives to an unhealthy extent?

The only way companions logically work is if Jump Chan does something to make them not fall apart at the prospect of leaving their entire reality behind with minimal hope of seeing anyone they know other than you and anyone else you are companioning from that world for centuries at best.

Or I suppose if you only companion people who are among a select few types of crazy that would work too.

Difficulty Level?

>a perk that allows you to gather solar/lunar energy and unleash it into a super mode.
>a perk that lets you be BFF's with heaven/hell expies.
Uhh what are these based on? There wasn't anything like the first one and while you can get angel/demon based Digimon, I don't remember interactions with groups of them.

For other perks, you could add something about being able to create copies of a species by scanning enough examples of it or absorbing data of defeated enemies to turn into things like them?

It depends on the type of person. Remember that you can always keep them in non-active companion space.

And otherwise, this is why I either take my lovers, people who need out or help, or I remember to take both the person and their loved ones.

So, /jc/, can you do me a favor?

Can you explain to me why Akitsu is a superior waifu than Karabusa?

Phantasy Star Online.

What are you planning for the drop-in option?

Tamer Home is required. I must have a place to comf at all times. A gate disk that can teleport you to the warehouse would be pretty useful. A Digifarm section must be a thing. Will everyone reguardless of background get one or would you have to choose a background where it would be relevant.

I don't know why but I was thinking of Drop-in in exchange of having to buy a digifarm and tamer home have more freedom in a free rookie type mon and unusual empowerment perks. Perhaps an option to BE THE DIGIMON. Or perhaps make them have stuff from the first digimon Story.

Ah, thanks.

The last thing you said, yes. Especially collecting over 100% data for better specimen

Alternatively, you could companion someone who developed a strong connection with you or would have otherwise had an even worse time in their home universe.

Thing is, I've found these tend to be spontaneous and unpredictable if they're genuine, so you more often than not need a pod unless you had that in mind from the beginning.

I've always interpreted companion purchases as the benefactor setting up specific circumstances so that the companion-to-be becomes friendly to you early on, but it's still possible to fuck up somewhere.

Morality aside, some companions just aren't built for the concept of 'forever' or a chain that goes on for 100+ jumps. You really need to scout or take care of companions carefully.

Oh yes lets add stuffing people you don't need in the closet to this problem that makes it much more appealing. . .

M8, you better include what this good man said or I will flip. Digifarm is best thing since sliced bread.

Is this jump dusk/dawn only?

Maybe a drawback where you are placed in the other version instead but you don't change allegiance or Digimon to the appropriate ones in such case. So nobody likes you, and your actual team has no data on you

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ShineGreymon_Ruin_Mode
digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ShineGreymon_Burst_Mode

Burst/ruin/etc mode that some digimon have.

The second is kinda based on the cities themselves, how each one is populated by dark/light digimon (with small amounts of others). The puppet digimon from 01 (piedmon?) was a store npc, and he was never anything but polite to you. So its that, but overcharged.

Maybe armor based on the scan data?

Depends on how powerful you are. If you can just snap your fingers and give them immortality, you're a dick for not just doing that. But for weaker jumpers, coming with you is essentially giving them a millennia long vacation, after which they can go back to their home like nothing ever happened. It's a choice between having potentially thousands of extra years tacked onto their lives and a new suite of superpowers to take home and just dying.

Is there a new Digimon Jump in the works?

Is going to remplace the current one?

It covers one of the newer games that wasn't mentioned by the first one.

So, what is this for? That Digimon game that released recently?

One is a bloodthirsty killer who'd likely try to kill you, the other isn't.

Yes so literally just crazy as fuck people who aren't bothered by the idea of leaving behind everyone and everything they have ever known for someone they have known for less than a decade.

Unless they are crazy, Jump Chan is making them suited to the prospect, or you are for all intents and purposes mind controlling them they will not becoming a companion.

user. . . normal people don't want to leave behind everything for at best hundreds of years with minimal hope of ever returning.

Honestly, I dont have any plans for a drop in origin yet. Like, none. I have a few for the lightfang/nightclaw split, but thats it.

>tamer home and digifarm
You definitely get one. Probably minimalistic and small, with a few upgrade options. Some things will be discounted to NC, some to LF.

>be the digimon
Sure. You can be the lunamon/coronamon for free, or you can pay some extra to be something else.

>other team
not a bad idea

>stuff from the other games
Unlikely. Unless i find a copy, and find time to play it, it probably wont happen.

>The second is kinda based on the cities themselves, how each one is populated by dark/light digimon (with small amounts of others). The puppet digimon from 01 (piedmon?) was a store npc, and he was never anything but polite to you. So its that, but overcharged.
Ehh, but there were all kinds of monsters in the cities, not even specifically focused on heaven or hell. I think it would work better as a boost to getting all monsters or maybe just the four breeds for your team to accept you.

>they can go back to their home like nothing ever happened.
But what if you fail your chain and leave them stranded in the hellish endjump that even you couldn't survive? Or you never get your spark and just keep jumping forever? They would never see home again at all.

Depends on how you wank companions, but I thought it was accepted that if you fail your chain they can choose to go back to their home dimension permanently. And normal people aren't regularly offered the chance to live for thousands of years, see alternate universes, or gain out of context super powers.

>new jump
yes

>replace
no

dawn/dusk

neither is the perk, technically. its not 'devils and angels', its 'light based beings and dark based beings'.

Basically, given that 2/3 of digimon are expies to other things, if it was something a dark/light type digimon was based on, it will be friendly to you.

So, the devil, frankenstein, anubis, cerebus, etc all.

Are you only doing Dusk and Dawn? I thought Someone was already doing a Digimon World general jump, for all the games that take place there so not Cyber Story.

Ruin Mode and Burst Mode... They are not sun/moon powered. They are emotion powered. Notice how other Burst Modes don't have to include Celestial motif, like Rosemon Burst Mode.

Ruin Mode is just powered by evil emotions.

As for Piedmon... The thing is, he's not the same Digimon as in 01. Because 01 never happened in Digimon World games. Piedmon is just one of possible evolutionary stageS for Digimon

Do you eat any meals, /jc/? Regularly?

And that's why I Ensoul-ed Ensoul (Card Captor Sakura) and had it hand out Boredom Immunity (Symbiote) and some Willpower/Life can't change me perks out. Seriously drops the level of crazy that can happen some times, not perfect but it helps.

Well yes there is a good chance that someone could be convinced to join you with the promise of shiny powers. . . if you propose it suddenly and don't give them time to think about it. . . but that is pretty dirty and they'll resent you for it after a few months of not seeing their friends or family.

>it was accepted that if you fail your chain they can choose to go back to their home dimension permanently
To be honest most people here don't think about that, jumpers are inherently assholes. Many just use that a few common wanks to solve most of the problems of companions without thinking about all the ones they don't solve.

I try to cook something sometimes. Usually I just drink potions though.

>only dusk and dawn
only digmon game ive ever played. So yes, sadly.

>someone else
I know nothing about this, and no one mentioned it when i asked if dusk/dawn was a valid claim.

>burst mode stuff
I know. But thats why its a perk, not just a potential digivolution. if you want to use burst mode, then thats a very limited list of digimon that can, unless you fanwank. The perk allows for more freeform access to it, and its limitation is thematic. Aka, powered by the sun/moon.

I regularly cook supper for myself and all of my Companions. Besides that, I try to get in a good Breakfast and Lunch, because eating food with other people is a great way to Bond with them. And I'm all about dem Unbreakable Bonds.

A Digimon World general jump would never work. None of the games have anything in common with each other. 1 is a kid raising monsters after getting sucked into the digital world, 2 is about a being in a paramilitary organization that defends a bunch of humans who uploaded themselves into a computer, 3 is all inside of a MMORPG, and 4 is a world with only digimon in it. Besides, the current Digimon jump already combines Digimon World 2 with Adventure.

I figure most would get over it after a century or so, when they realize that without you they'd have been long dead in a universe that probably doesn't even have an afterlife.

>Trick people into abandoning everything they know
>don't worry they'll get over it in a hundred years or so.
As I said, jumpers are assholes.

It's for their own good. Like pulling someone out of a burning building while leaving their kids behind. Sure, they'll be pissed about it for a while, but eventually they'll see reason and realize you couldn't have gotten everybody out and there's no sense in them dying too.

>just snap your fingers and give them immortality
Where can I get that power?

All but eight of them will be spending most of their time in a closet. . .

There's ways to give inactive companions a place to live. Or you can just swap them out regularly.

When you reach this point you might as well be on the "they just be become companions because CP was spent side of things". You aren't respecting their will anyway so why not?

I wouldn't know. Once the inevitable boredom and lack of ambition compared to me sank in, most my companions wanted to go back home, and I sent them home without any real contest. I usually gave them a handful of gear as parting gifts before I did.

My only permanent companions have been the literal embodiment of planet Earth, who mostly grew fond of me as a result of events in EVO, and an ever-expanding AI who mostly gets giddy about new technology.

It still hurt when they had to go, though.

They don't feel passage of time that way.

And you can have them all "active" on a ship from Uncharted Waters if you want, they just can't leave the ship. Upgrade the ship into extra dimensional thing bigger on inside than Earth and there you go.

Anyone who becomes a crew member can be with you that way but unless they become proper companion, they can't leave ship

Says the guy who wrote the Build-a-Harem jump. . .

Oh yes. While I've yet to finish my Full Course Meal, something I've wanted to do since Toriko, I do pursue new flavors with an avid fascination. Hell Terraria's Liquid Generator keeps the last bit of Komatsu's Century Soup flowing for me, and I fucking love that stuff. My Three Star Chef Build, when I get around to it, is going to go a bit before I ever went to Toriko and it's one of the reasons I've kept a decent facination with food ever since.
I also like to eat becasue I have A) starved nearly to death with the only thing I could eat being microwave ramen and cut up hot-dogs (Collage was a hell of a way to learn how to spend with a budget) and B) Have been forced to eat nothing but salt for ten years during the Salt Jump, which sucked.
Also, Always Honor the Food!

You could always just grant them a place to stay. Uncharted Waters Ship has an option that allows all companions to be on board and you can have up to eight as an away party. With the fact that you can import the Light of Terra or the thing from Dehak I think you could do good man. Also this, is a good explanation of the Ship.
Now I'm wondering if I could retrofit my Generic Flying Dungeon so that it is a ship.

That's how I do run it. Once I've spent the CP, you're coming along in 10 years whether you like it or not, or even if you have no idea who I am. I'm just saying that it's reasonable to get people to agree to it, at least eventually.

Did you just bring this up so you could whine like a butthurt baby at everyone for having companions?

You /could/ just leave the door to your Warehouse cracked open. The extra companions wouldn't be able to leave, but at least they wouldn't be frozen in time.

>First Leviathan the Tempest jump no-showed
I've been contemplating picking it up because of that.

prepare your angus

Yes, says the guy who made a Build-a-Harem jump. I also made Single Dad: The Jump, Jawbreakers: The Revenge, The Sun Is In Your Forever Updates, and Ultraviolence: The Early Years.

And I am now working on 'WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!' in addition to 'we're gonna save the worldikus!', and finally ending it all wit 'big chests or flat chests NO MIDDLE GROUND EVER'.

Your point being?

No this started out as an explanation of my answer to and then somehow a morals debate happened.

I was basically saying that unless Jump Chan was doing something to make them fine with it Companions had issues, basically that paying CP for a companion should just make them a companion due to the potential for the CP to be wasted otherwise.

Think how hard it would realistically be to convince someone to become a companion for a variety of reasons.

Increase the LoT to Belgium-size, jump UW so that your companions who are not "ashore" can still run around on your ship. Boom. You've created a flying nation where people can pursue their lives absent your presence.

Come on, user, you can use creativity for more than learning how to mega-waifu-punch-omnipotence-wank Ancient Old Ones.

>big chests or flat chests NO MIDDLE GROUND EVER
Tell me more. . .

Heavens, how long do I have to stand somewhere bright and yell TAIYOOOH if I get the Solar Child capstone + Lunar Blood and want to refill my sun's-worth of solar energy?

I don't see it as hard. I chose a life of adventure. Other people would as well. End of story.

>big chests or flat chests NO MIDDLE GROUND EVER
Please tell me more of your periodical and how I may subscribe to and patronize it; it is relevant to my interests.

That is basically the character design of every female character in Disgaea (at least, up to 4, which is where I last paid attention to the series).

Anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the level of sunlight available and how overcast it is, time of day, etc. The more energy you can contain, the longer it takes to charge, as well.

Jump #29: Elite Beat Agents

Name: Diamond Paige
Origin: Elite Beat Agent (1200)

-Perks-
Elite Beat (Free)
Agents are Go! (Free)
Walking and Talking (Free)
Dance Dance Revitalization (1050)
Music Lives (750)
Clap Your Hands (450)

-Companions-
Backup Dancers: Frisk and Bass (Free)

-Items-
Elite Threads (Free)
Eleat Beat Badge (Free)
Music to Dance to (100)
Elite Beat Engine (0)

-Scenario-
Seventh Seal Showdown! The Riders Run Wild! (1300)

So, wait, my job in this world is to help people by dancing? That actually sounds kinda...fun. First though, let's see what effects this Energy has on people. Then, we'll see about shrinking this engine and fitting it into Bass. Wait, what was that on the news?

...Why is Jerusalem burning!? The Four Riders!? What the fuck!? Ok. Calm down. It's just the apocalypse. You've survived that at least five times by now. No big deal. What's this about a prophecy? “With masses shaking”- Well, should have guessed this would have something to do with dancing.

“Champions spell” huh? Good thing I've been practicing that neat little ability. Alright, going to need to practice and come up with the spell. After that's done, activate the robots, summon the demons, and call everyone here. Then, it's time to kick divine ass.

Sure you did but what is to say that someone else when presented with a less attractive deal would do the same? When the people you would want to bring with you have friends, families, and lives that they would be leaving behind for a very long time?

Odds are most people you come across won't want to leave behind absolutely everything to be the sidekick of someone they've known for less than a decade.

Sure there are some benefits and all it costs them is everything.

>Disgaea
Ah yes, where the damned become penguins that explode, the Overlord is allergic to big boobs and people talking about love and friendship, and where everything is a joke for the most partup until the end where shit gets serious.

Tell me about that time you taught someone an important lesson using an unorthodox method.

Take off the mask Richard, I recognize that "lesson".

>Anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes
>The more energy you can contain, the longer it takes to charge, as well.

Is "a few seconds to a few minutes" how long it takes to charge a single Sol unit or the whole pool? So after obtaining the latter level of below, it'd take days or potentially years or decades to charge, right? If "more energy you can contain, the longer it takes to charge" is any indication.

>changing from a single Sol into potentially an entire star’s worth of energy within your body after centuries of growth.

I taught people why they shouldn't break other people's things by throwing moons at them.

I'LL STOP THROWING MOONS WHEN YOU STOP WRECKING MY DUNGEON YOU HORRID LITTLE BRATS.

It's not necessarily a mask, he could just be dehydrated.

>Throwing moons
Good times. Gooood times.

Do...do you know how energy works, user? I don't just mean solar or whatnot, I mean in general.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

>Belgium-size
Man just hold the phone for a moment...
Right here we go: Ships can get big in Jumpchain.
Babylon stated that the Light of Terra from the Titular Jump is anywhere from 16 Kilometers to 36 Kilometers.
The Grand Ship Penis Envy Formula is as follows:
Import to Supreme Commander as an Experimental ACU (+200%). Import to Five Star Stories as a Mortar Headd (+ 125%). Take Dreadnaught Class Engineering in the FFXIV scenario (+ 50%).
Starting with a 36 kilometer ship, gets you 364.5 kilometers. If you got the upgrade in Light of Terra that adds on a kilometer-long sensor spine, you could walk a kilometer a day and cross the whole thing in a year.

There's also that Asgerd from Dehak I believe.
Thats 2200km + 200% from Experimental ACU in Supreme Commander, +125% from Five Star Stories, and +50% from FFXIV Scenario.
That gives us an Asgerd ship with a radius of 22275km
It's a planetoid ship that carries planet buster weaponry that count in the trillions, has the ability to tank similar firepower, has billions of crew, an unknown number of soldiers (1040 legions total whatever that means), more than a billion fighters, a number of large detachable battle ships built in, it's weapons have ranges of between 15 and 180 light seconds, and is capable of maneuvering at dog fight levels at lightspeed (due to specialized hyper drive that is practical to use for combat maneuvering).

This is all from archive so take with grain of salt, but dear fuck looking this shit up is scary. Also I'm very scared of the dude who goes with the later option then uses the Supreme Commander tech to eat the Light of Terra so that he can PRINT a fleet of them.

Wait a second...
>We're going to save the worldikus!
>worldikus
>ikus
N-no. It can't be! YOU WOULDN'T!

How many companions can YOU put inside the frozen time?

Captain N jump?

My, I wonder what would happen if someone took the Pit from the Uprising jump I'm doing to meet THAT Pit.

You could also introduce the real Megaman and Simon Belmont to them too, along with Link or Zelda, and Samus if you follow the comics.

Get a first gen ship-tree and fuse it with the Light of Terra.

Now it can tank universal+ attacks.

You should have known, user. You should have seen the signs. The Elfen Lied drawbacks, the inherent moral problems of making and keeping Angelroids, the out-of-place gauntlet option in Ed, Edd, N Eddy, and one of the most profitable drawbacks giving you Warehouse access to your ward.

You should have known, user. I WILL NEVER LET YOU BE SAFE FROM ITIKUS.

Yes.

Wow someone actually actually quoted me on that mess . . . I'm a little embarrassed.

The specs from that post were pulled off a fan site that presumably go them from the book, so that is third hand information by now.

Would an American Psycho jump work?

>While you can use this Solar Pool to power magic from other worlds, you’ll find this will run out very quickly upon trying to use powerful magics or city-busters,

Yes. But "Solar Energy" in Boktai doesn't work like normal sunlight. You're not going to gather enough energy to power city-busters by standing in the sun for "a few seconds to a few minutes". You're not going to be able to refill a "star's worth" of energy in any reasonable amount of time. Also, it's not clear what a "star's worth" of energy is: all of its emissions for a single instant or something else?

Since you said "a few seconds to a few minutes" in response to this:

>and want to refill my sun's-worth of solar energy?

... I considered that you may have been referring to a "Sol unit" because I said "sun's-worth" of energy when I should have said "star's worth". Because you're not going to obtain a stars-worth of energy from absorbing sunlight in pretty much ever, I interpreted your answer as the time required to gain a single "Sol".

...I don't understand why you ask the user if they know how energy works.

It might take up to few minutes to charge up one soul, or as small as seconds. Inner reservoirs of SOL from Taiyoh are like internal battery. The bigger the battery the longer the charge time, unless you somehow increase how much energy your body absorbs at once.

You say "whole sun's" worth but don't specify if it means as much energy as a sun will ever produce, or the amount of energy produced by sun in an instant, a second. Not just what earth receives but total of what it is radiating in that instant

The perk's growth potential is talking about how much you can actually contain. I misunderstood the question and was indeed referring to storing a typical 'Sol' amount. If you actually had that containment potential, you'd probably have to go into solar orbit and charge yourself for the better part of a longer period of time. How long? Shorter than just getting it from the atmosphere, at least.

The fact is, you can store a huge amount of Sol with age, and it will take longer and longer to charge to full as you do, but you soon have plenty to spare regardless as long as you keep charging more than you spend.

So wait, as the size of our Sol pool increases, so does our solar absorption rate?

Alright, thanks. That clears it up nicely.

Ah. Pile Drivers intensify the sol, so could we make a giant Pile Driving space station to beam the concentrated energy so we absorb it better?

...and I just realized. Sol Trance uses up Sol to sustain itself, right? Can't we charge while we are in Sol Trance?

If you have a way to passively absorb sunlight, can you put that into your TAIYOOOH pool without saying TAIYOOOH?

Too narrow.

Jumpers, how do I flip the type of energy or element an item is aligned to? Let's say I want to take the Solar Tree and turn it into Fire Tree, that either takes in Sol and not only is on fire but increases temperature or such across wide ranges of areas... Or is FED by fire, too?

>inb4 that digimon perk that was being discussed.

You can use Hamon to fill Taiyoh pool. And it would be hard to yell Taiyoh as you are breathing in