You are the shortest lived race in the party

>you are the shortest lived race in the party
>the GM regularly timeskips decades at a time
Guys help, how do I become immortal?

Step 1: Acquire means to cast stone to flesh.
Step 2: Capture a cockatrice, lock it up.
Step 3: When an adventure ends, open the blinds on the cage and get turned to stone.
Step 4: When the time skip's over, have someone apply the stone to flesh spell/wand/potion/dildo whatever.

There you are, OP. No more worrying about aging.

Don't play as fucking yearling.

Apparently, you get shot at the Cincinatti Zoo.

Lich or other undead, Philosopher's stone, reincarnation, time magic, youth stealing.

It would help to know the system you're playing.

Become a legacy character and change your first name after every timeskip.

Found a settlement or fortress. Have your character's well trained descendants take up the family arms and armour.

>get hot gf
>make waifu
>have chilluns
>play as own descendants
>inherit cool magic items
You're not even trying, OP.

Depends on the character's motivation, resources at hand, morality, and the setting. If this isn't a hypothetical we need more information.

So, in 5e, there's a chart for what happens when you mix potions, with effects ranging from dying to a 1% chance that the potion's effects are rendered permanent.

With that said, it's not unreasonable to assume that a Potion of Longevity, rendered permanent, would essentially mean eternal youth.

So, in theory, if you scrabble together a bunch of these very rare Potions of Longevity together and drink two at a time, you'll have a very good chance of ultimately becoming ageless.

Or dying.

Everything on there is good, but you forgot
>treat children as excuse to swap out character options and personality when bored

>play as own descendants

You know I've always wanted to try this but haven't had the chance to yet.

So, by combining the two options, you could play the end of the campaign as your own descendants, with the final adversary being your first character that has ascended to lichdom.

Have fun

Only if I get to be killed by my son in ritual combat.

And solve the campaign by having the biggest family feast, where you summon all your relatives for an asskicking followed by food.

That happened to me once, I told my party that I was adventuring cause I was 18 yo and that was cool but if we jumped a decade or so I would be thinking into marrying and rising my children in my castle while fulfilling my duties as nobleman.
So if they wanted a timeskip it better be 60 years, that way I would be a 80 yo with my heir taking my place as family head with my sons and daughters having their own families.
That way, my character retired from his mundane duties could ride once more with his companions of youth to fight the evil once more.

I actually wanted to play my elderly knight, adventuring a last time before his demise, driking with old friends, writing letters about cool adventures to my grandchildren.
But we didnt really make such a timskpi...

>timeskips
>immortal
fuck that
start a family and
post skip play as your, great-grand son
then your great, great, great, etcetera...

>bonus fun
make up legends about the other party members

What is this nerd shit?

>Legends
>not embarrassing folktales

>So you see, children, the sun goes down because [vain and beautiful sorceress] keeps pulling it below the horizon and eating it, blocking out the sky with her gigantic butt, and the sun rises again because it escapes her grasp and she's too fat and dumb to hold onto it for too long.

This. You could go full Joestar bloodline. 10/10

Alternatively, beget dozens of bastard lines that must adventure to prove themselves worthy of your legendary name.
Or knock up an elf and let that kid take over for a few centuries.

Combine these two ideas. Pathfinder recently released a new Lich archetype, the Familial Lich which can possess its descendants if its physical body is destroyed.

So have lots of cute children with your waifu, and then turn into an undead. Keep playing as your character. If you die, take possession of your cute children or grandchildren and keep playing as your character.

Find someone who already is, become their protege.

Have a family line already planned out so that when they timeskip forward to a certain time in the future your kid is already prepared. I.e. you timeskip 180 years, so your new character is the bastard grandson from the son of yours who ran away at 15, who then has a daughter, who grows up to be a poor wench, who then sleeps around until she finds the bbeg of the current time period and has a son from him. This child who gets abandoned at a church doorstep grows up to be a paladin of the order, unknowingly following the same path as his great-grandfather. It would be even cooler if your character if the original timeline is some sort of legend for the religous order and the great-grandson attempts to follow in his every footsteps, treating him as a role model. Eventually the son is sent out on a mission with his great-grandfathers old adventuring party and from there he joins the game.
Of course if the the timeskip is shorter you could play as the son, who becomes a bard and sleeps around constantly. The party stops in the tavern the bard just happens to be playing in when some catastrophic event occurs that causes him to fight something that eventually leads him to joining the party.

And if you want to go one generation deeper you could even rp as the prostitute wench who is secretly a rouge, stealing from almost all clients and taking contracts for others. The party could hear a rumor about her from a barkeep and follow up until shes eventually cornered. She could be captured by the party and used as a prisoner who slowly reforms until the party members feel she is ok to be unbound. She then reveals the party was a co ntract the whole time, but can't bring herself to kill them and runs away before she actually attacks anyone. After a while she finds herself in a city far from home and meets the bbeg there. After having a kid the party comes and kills the bbeg and takes the now well trained rouge under their wing, so she can walk a reightous path.

I'm stealing this.

I'd rather not take the downsides user, it's a bit too much for me.

Become a Monk and reach level 20 in that class.

>Become a Monk and reach level 20 in that class.
Literally no one has ever been that masochistic. If immortality required you to saw off your cock with a rusty steak knife and feed it to rabid weasels, then nail your intestines to a tree and walk in circles until your stomach is tied to the tree, more people would do that than take 20 levels in monk.

m8

Notice how all the characters have their kids before they really "join the party"

underrated;

Look at all these selfish anons, forcing their unfulfilled wants and dreams onto their children.

What if little Bobby Runefire doesn't want to become an adventurer?? Fuck you, I want to be a writer, dad!

Did Bilbo Baggins want to become an adventurer? Adventure doesn't much care whether you want it around or not.

Adventure will give you something to write about

The only writers who sat in their house forever and never actually did anything are weird creepy "poets"

Cause a TPK. you'll be immortalized for sure.

sauce on this?
mirror B=best character