Miniwargaming

What went wrong?

Like everything else, they got competition. Its easy to be the big dog when your all alone in the neighborhood. But when others join in, especially with the increase in quality videos from private producers none the less (just for shits and giggles), its hard to stay on top.
And its even harder to take money for shit people now see for free, with better quality and with players that really cares for the hobby and so on.

We saw the same shit happen to Buypainted (if you know the name). He was a huge deal back when people just discovered that the airbrush was usable in the miniature wargaming hobby, just as much as in the regular miniature building hobby.
He was a big deal, he made high quality tutorials for free, on GW models with an airbrush. This was not so very common before him, and it made him the top dog. But alas, he started the idea of taking money for his trouble, and BAM, there was literally hundreds of just as good tutorials available, and he had forever lost his good reputation.

If you're taking about content, they let viewer response drive the content. Meaning they cover games that more views and vault subscriptions. If it's a game that falls behind in viewership, they stop covering it.

So in that case, the proper question is what went wrong with the audience?

AoS is highly infectious.

TOP TIER
>Matt
>Kris

MID TIER
>Steve
>Janien
>Josh

REDDIT TIER
>Dave
>Quirk

FRIENDLY ASPIE TIER
>Lee

As someone who hasn't watched in a year and a half or so, what actually went wrong? Did they stop 40k or something?

Nothing went wrong. Op is just a fag

The Chinese one thinks he's a very pretty man and puts his face on every video thumbnail. It's off putting

Quirk is the worst for me if only because it feels like he's not even trying. Dave at least has an energy level to him that's enjoyable.

If you're talking about Dave, my wife thinks he's handsome.

Not to mention that his gorkamorka trukk conversion was cringey as fuck

The editing is mostly done by Justin, not the content producers themselves.

This. End thread

>le Monster Energy Drink and Mohawk man

What happened to that wargame they were making?

It garnered no interest and complete apathy from their viewers. They realized people only cared about content like 40k and warmahordes, and smartly stopped trying to make it a thing.

So do I :3c (at least when he had short hair)

Have they partnered up with another channel. Whats the deal there?

Matt reveals his Mormon power level too often.

That one dude.
Dont recall his name but he had glasses and I think owned it, in every batrep he did he would never put the pregame show in with the batrep and it was so annoying to go to their slow ass website to watch it just so I'd know what they were using.
Plus he kept fucking whining.
The big guy who looks like a white aboriginal was cool, along with that guy who left early on and he had the rings on his hands.
Someday I will know names.

The thing I really like about mwg is that they are the most down to earth content creators in the hobby. They are real to the fans and explain their decisions in, sometimes lengthy, videos. You just dont see that sense of transparency in a company like that these days. I mean if you were to meet them in reallife they are exactly how you imagine them. Yeah the wargame they did try to create was a bit over zealous, but its much more then I have ever accomplished. Also give us more beat matt betreps, jesus those were some of the best games to watch baked. Also the section of their website that explain magnet sizes relative to warhammer models is so fucking neato.

>Matt reveals his Mormon power level too often.

What went wrong?

Did something happen? I haven't watched in like a month or so. I hope Steve is okay.

See

They just cut warmahoards. It's all GW games now.

Again, viewership drives their decisions. If they cut warmahordes, then that means the videos weren't getting the views or vault sign-ups.

Nothing from my POV, I've been a vault member for almost 3 years or so now. I've considered canceling but they always put something up that bring me right back in, it's always the narrative campaigns like the deathwatch ones and they have more quality 30k content out there than anyone.

I can't stand Quirk's content though, he just sucks.

This.

When you restrict units because of your religion youre a fucking loon no matter how you swing it.

What else has he done aside from that?

He's not restricting anything. He doesn't turn away any DE players, and even Steve has built a DE force. He's used them in a campaign mission before. He just has no interest in running one for himself because he doesn't like their aesthetic. That's all. You make him sound like a weird fanatic when I don't get that. I've known weird Mormons, and he doesn't seem like one.

DE too sexy for Mormons?

>Plays 40k
>Doesn't like "edgy aesthetic".
>No problems with chaos.
He should just come out and say he's offended by bdsm and booby shit tbqh.

Dave's energy is the one thing I fucking hate about him and makes him my least favorite. If he were as laid back as Kris or Matt he'd be top tier.

>Tfw cullen will never ever win in fantasy
>Tfw based gook will never ever kick steve's ass again

That man is single-handedly keeping fantasy alive, much respect for steve.

Is Clarence /ourguy/ ?

For me it's...

>Only GW games
>Insist on snorefests like 30k and AoS

On the positive sides I like the format of their battle reports.

Clarence is the man, but I prefer it when he plays KoW with Ash on GMG.

I just watched one of their WM games a year or so ago.
>player 1 gives up his Kraken to kill a single Druid
>player 2 doesn't take it
They might actually be clinically retarded.

Im gonna need a source cause i dont see any announcement on their website

>Bell of Lost Souls
>Beasts of War
>Miniwargaming

Literally all Gamespot-tier cancer and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

There's hundreds of decent blogs out there without having to resort to that highly marketised wank.

The guy with the rings was Ash he started a new channel Gurellia Miniatures, it's pretty great

Maybe he just hates twilight vampire space elves

Drop some sites friend spread the knowledge