Flash Gordon's Lovecraftian Space Opera

I can't believe you motherfuckers never told me about this setting.

docs.google.com/document/d/1LJ_beiUVa7mpeKJGPBvH2yQCMDVWXLGawz4K39Rea8Q

This is so good it isn't even funny.

So this is less-edgy CthulhuTech

>SAN with 21st century science and understanding

Oh, I remember this from the Cthulhu Mythos thread. It is very good though it's a shame it doesn't into too much detail.

I wish /ysg/ would return one day.

You can make it happen

There's no real fucking reason, you can only masturbate to mythos so much and Veeky Forums reached that threshold a while ago. There is nothing new coming out of value, all the systems are a circle jerk of see spooky monster then go insane with varying degrees of chances to "stop it" or kill it going against general mythos themes. There isn't a lot of meat to chew on outside of your personal campaigns which only your group cares about. Stuff like OP is kinda interesting but it really isn't going to take off because it's frankly too different than the cthulhu RPG circle jerk I talked about before.

>this fag again
Are you a spawn of Nyarlathotep or some shit?

>being this butthurt about Lovecraft
Please kill thyself

>There's no real fucking reason,
That's actually a prevalent theme in Lovecraft's Mythos

Good job

One thing that might be interesting to innovate is a more in-depth magic and technology system where you don't go immediately insane from learning any magical knowledge whatsoever.

Not sure how to properly make a system for Lovecraftian magitech.

Generally most magic in Lovecraft stuff seems to be strange technology or religious rituals.

In order from least to most insane gods:

Great Ones < Elder Gods < Great Old Ones < Outer Gods

Great Ones are the weaker gods of the dreamlands.

Maybe Great One cult stuff shouldn't immediately drive you insane and kill you but the other stuff should probably be very dangerous.

It should be possible to take advantage of some strange technology (but probably not understand it)

There should be dream walking magic like with Randolph Carter which does not necessarily drive one insane but does let one walk into the dreamlands and is very dangerous.

But that's the thing the Outer Gods are highly varying Buddha, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, Shubb-Niggorath and Yhoundeh are all Outer Gods, but act completely different.

Also the looking at the drives you instantly insane is sorta dumb. It could possibly give you PSTD or shock you for a while but not permanently insane.

PTSD and Shock were considered forms of madness in Lovecraft's time

200 years of difference in medical practices.

>200 years
you do realize he lived in the 1930s, right?

Can you be a wizard though?

The OP setting takes place in the 2100s

Mostly likely yes if you align with the Government

Mostly likely yes if you align with the Government or act as a cultist

Whoops. Anyway, so how would this play?

Eldritch Bump