/HHG/ Horus Heresy General, AKA /IWG/ Iron Warriors General

I make the bread right now! Edition
Iron Lore sub-edition

In the previous thread, user pisted his Iron lore and made his Warsmith's name. Or was that the thread before? I dunno. I'm tired. Be glad I gave you bread and not potato.

> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Did I do bad? Have I done wrong, potato? Must I be deserted like potato once told me? As it whispered in mine ear, "Let it be so." And it had been so?

I plan on doing Thousand Sons after my Bird Wearers are done. What are the thoughts on using crests similar to the Rubricae?

Look potato! A friend!

Mmm... Potato says wait until Inferno. Then answer will be revealed.

That is the plan. I'm only about half done my Bird Wearers, so there's some time to go. I realize that most people with use the kits available, but they're not great and the Achean can only be repeated so often.

Indeed. But now there is only some time for waiting, instead of many. Which is good. Good indeed.

Sad that Space Wizards have no friends, leaving their Space Shotguns everywhere gets tehm nothing, is sad.

Potato would befriend the Space Wizards, but the FW says no. Is also sad.

On another note, I figure there'll be a few special characters for each of the legions and Ahriman and Magnus are a given, so who else do you guys expect to see for the Thousand Sons?

New Space Wizard for new book, and Space Wizard in a book that may have already happened, or Spacs Wizard for new Red Book, potato claims.

I'm kind of hoping for one of the sorcerers from the Thousand Sons book. Phosis T'Kar, Hathor Maat, etc.

Perhaps in the new Prospero Game?

It'd make sense. The sorcerer seems to be a named character. But if it's anything like BaC, there'll be no rules.

A mutated sorcerer, just because the flesh change is an artists wet dream and they can do a bunch of cool shit with that just like they've done with the WB posessed.

How unfortunate. But it is hilarious that everyone who claimed that that was Bjorn was shot down by Laurie Goulding.

If anything, that'll either be some sort of proto-Chaos Spawn unit, in my opinion.

Yeah, that was pretty great. I'm really hoping we don't get a spawn unit though. That just invites a similarly mutated unit on the other side and we all know what that would be.

Ah, true enough. They have no place in 30k, but I doubt they would be in here, as they are gaining a likely useless unique destroyer unit.

Stormlord for World Eaters, yay or nay? That beast could fit a lot of Inductii in it.

they are getting wulfen. their oldest company in the fluff literally turned into wulfen so often that their symbol was a wulfen and they ran away with russ, so they will get them.

people have to get over it.

user, I told you to stop posting until your autism goes away. I can easily tell it's you based on how you post.

first thing, i have no idea what you are talking about.

second thing, i couldnt give a fuck less what you 'tell' people, faggot.

id probably their best lord of war choice 2bh

how would you fill it up? planning my next legion and right now it's a tie for Blood Angels Day of Revelation (no special units but kinda cool) and World Eater Boyz with lots of choppas.

If the models aren't completely fucking retarded like the 40k ones, I'll reconsider what I've said. Otherwise, we don't want or need faggoty Wulfen.

well 20 guys can shoot out of the top of it, so you can mess around with that. id put 10 red butchers in it + surlak + kharn with gorechild. probably a few tech marines to repair it, and have rad grenades. if you wanted to be a faggot you could just spam so many tech marines with rad grenades that theyd auto delete units by making them toughness 0, unless theyve FAQed it.

id probably just fill the rest of it with volkite charger/chainaxe/boltpistol support guys

When is the "test FAQ" officiality issue going to be resolved? I'd like to know if my meltabomb vets with machine killers and tank hunters stay the way they are.

Next edition.

Question for the Alpha Legion:
Does Exodus' 'Assassins Shot' rule prevent Look Out Sir rolls?
That looks to be the intent otherwise they would have just said 'precision shots on a 4+'

I don't know, I don't think so. Notice how he doesn't have the Sniper rule, but has full Rending instead. He doesn't wound stuff on a 4+ either. Rather on a 3+ or better :^)

>I'll reconsider what I've said. Otherwise, we don't want or need faggoty Wulfen.
needs, wants, or what youve said doesnt mean anything. they will get wulfen because they are an intrinsic part of their fluff that has its roots in 30k and those roots go all the way back to 3rd ed. itll probably be a FW upgrade sprue for the plastic ones. get over it.

it would be like complaining about salamanders getting a unit that is obsessed with flamers and meltaguns, or ultramarines getting a roman themed honor guard unit with axes. crying about wulfen is just gay and retarded, it shows a lack of understanding of basic fluff of the faction.

so multiple squads can fit in the same superheavy tank? I've never used one before and didn't really wanna invest in a spartan since I hate working with big pieces of resin. Stormlord seems like a really cool plastic alternative to use in 2000 point + games.

yeah superheavies can hold as many units as you want. youll definitely want to put at least 2 techmarines with rad grenades in it to fix it and help you ID 2 wound terminators in CC.

All I ever wanted was the truth of why I never realized JUST HOW LARGE THIS IMAGE IS.

oh that sounds nasty and I do love the techmarine model but never had a reason to buy one. would it be good to use with Iron Hands too? really love their MKIII models from FW and they do have that HQ that can commmand a tank.

yeah it would be good with iron hands but youd want to gear it towards shooting things with like 20 special/heavy weapons shooting out of it.

iron hands arent particularly good in close combat

Y'know, some days I can't decide my legion, when other days it just seems so clear to me.

>you could just spam so many tech marines with rad grenades that theyd auto delete units by making them toughness 0, unless theyve FAQed it.
Rad grenades never stacked with each other. The only way to T0 a marine unigt is by bringing rad grenades on an Enfeeble Death guard librarian wielding the Barbaran thurible and charge along a mechanicum unit with a rad furnace.

And even if you dont get the last one, youre still deleting any T3 you make contact with, and wounding T5 on a 2+

It's a step down the Wolfy McWolf path. It's a shitty idea and you're an idiot for even considering it acceptable. I know they were there. They fought during the Burning of Prospero. But they didn't play a massive role. Bad ideas are bad.

How about rad grenades on a target thats been hit by rad missiles? It should stack there, right?.

It would mostly apply only to those 2W termies, which can save it on a 2+.

>It's a step down the Wolfy McWolf path.
they are called space wolves you faggot, what did you expect?
>It's a shitty idea and you're an idiot for even considering it acceptable.
considering FW is using the 3rd ed eye of terror book and the 13 company as the basis for the SW color scheme, no it isnt. dumbass
>Bad ideas are bad.
heres a good idea. read the fluff before spewing yiff memes nobody cares about.

get over yourself faggot

dammit just realized my other army is 70% silver and 30% yellow (Imperial Fists with a weird color scheme) and having Iron Hands would be too much fucking silver on my cabinet. World Eaters it is.

Same here brotard.

>silver
Iron Hands are black, KA. Well, FW's are a more oil spill color. Which is cool.

KA is that you? Wow, I thought you were going to go BA.
Also, it is good to not be phoneposting anymore.

im just gonna give it to you straight knight user, since i play WE, if you arent committed to actually painting white properly, just do them in red or do BA. because white takes a lot of effort to paint, its not hard but takes a ton of layers, and it will look like complete shit if you cut corners.

you all know me too well. I appreciate the advice. The way I would do Iron Hands is basecoated silver and then oil spill the fuck outta it with washes. And really? white primer would look like shit even touched up with a few white paints?

I can't even imagine how crucified I'd be by this board by having a pre-heresy silver Imperial Fists scheme and a post-heresy red World Eaters scheme as my two armies.

Pre-heresy IF are cool, you just screwed them up by fluffing them as mid/late heresy and in MkIV. By Red WE, user means the white and red scheme. If you're dedicated to WE, watch Saint Duncan of Warhammer TV's painting video for them.

While you are correct in that you'd basecoat the IH in leadbelcher, the end result would be a very oil like color, especially if you follow the Wargamer's cool tutorial on them.

If you're that IWfag, the yellow on one arm and pauldron is way less than 30% of a model.

Forgeworld even stated they're toning back the retarded wolf bullshit with the 30k Wolves. As for the whole "13th Company" colour scheme, that's the original Wolf colour scheme. They changed it after the Heresy. I know my fluff regarding the Wolves and Thousand Sons. It's the most interesting aspect of the Heresy for me. Get your shit straight, retard.

>And really? white primer would look like shit even touched up with a few white paints?
trust me yes it would. it would probably take you like 4x layers just to fix the wash you did (trust me i know this).

>Forgeworld even stated they're toning back the retarded wolf bullshit with the 30k Wolves.
they havent. thats a meme. provide a source now or shut the fuck up. (you cant provide a source since they never said that and its literally a meme said by pussys who cant handle yiff bantz on Veeky Forums, kek)

>By Red WE, user means the white and red scheme.
no i mean straight up red and brass.

if you cut corners painting white it looks like shit. theres no way around that.

red stupidly is easy to paint

>Can't handle yiff bants
The whole yiff thing is retarded. If 30k gets yiffed up, it's GG.

So this account was a lie?
>The emphasis for them in Inferno has been to move as far away from 40k wolves as possible
2nd to last paragraph.

>The whole yiff thing is retarded.
im sorry to break it to you, but warhammer IS retarded lad.

if you cant handle yiff bantz you shouldnt be playing SW 2bh

if anything all that says is that they wont be getting thunderwolves (which i still think they probably will get eventually).

the 'original 7th legion' he is referring to is ether pre russ, or the 13th company which were russ's first followers, the 13th being heavily wulfen and heavily featured at prospero. theyll get wulfen for prospero.

TWC will probably come later down the road.

let's compromise at 20% then

I don't play Wolves. Word Bearers, Thousand Sons, and Salamanders. Warhammer really can be retarded. Some shit is great though. That's why I still bother.

Sniper rule is irrelevant.
Would you say that 'look out sir' rolls are a part of hit allocation and saves?

Well, since LoS happens after hit allocation but before saves, arguably Yes.
Ask FW?

Do the helmets and you will have 25%

>I don't play Wolves.
thats probably why you dont understand how intrinsic wulfen are to their entire fluff dating all the back to like 20+ years ago (up to current modern day GW releases).

if you want to whine about wolfy wolf shit, whine about TWC, whine about their fliers and all of their weapons being named wolf-wolf. wulfen are totally separate from the new GW wolf wolf shit, they are basically the entire 'grimdark' backround of the space wolves and have always been linked to heresy era space wolves.

not to mention FW just made a bran redmaw model and gave him new rules in IA11. they just conveniently "scrapped" the finished model right when 30k started. and when emailed about it responded by saying 'just wait for the SW prospero release wink wink'

This thread is going to be fucking unbearable when Inferno hits, isn't it?

Tried posting this yesterday but the thread was dying at the time, so apologies for repost.

I'm sick of 40k's meta so I'm joining the adults in glorious expensive balance.

For starters I'm gonna get B@C and a bonus squad someone's gifted me. I'm gonna run Imperial Fists, emphasising Bolters and Tank Hunter naturally so big tac squads will be my first focus, and obviously I'll be using Terminators because Fists

I have a couple of big questions that I hope you can help with:

1. I'll grab magnets, but how is best to set up the Terms and Dread in that box? Still relatively unfamiliar with the 30k options in context as I'm just reading the FW books and collecting

2. What tanks are really worth it for the VIIth? Lots of cheap Preds? Land Raiders out the arse? Vindicators and Scorpius for pie plate trauma?

3. Are Sicaran tanks worth their weight in actual money?

these threads have been shit since calth let all the poorfags in, so who cares.

Worst and most irrelevant legions getting rules? Yeah it will be fucking awful, RIP Isstvan campaigns.

I've been in the hobby for two years. Only play Heresy. Shit, I've only been alive 20 years. But the rest of the stuff does make sense. Could be that I'm just disgusted by the GW models. They're pretty garbage.

You're that halfwit who was telling us that the SW units will be grey hunters and thunderwolves, aren't you. Shot down on those idiotic suggestions, you've switched to wulfen, an equally stupid and unlikely notion.

no you stupid retard.

i said theyd get wulfen and TWC. i specially said that grey hunters woulndt get rules since they are same as tactical marines/veteran marines

saying that SW wont get wulfen, is like saying that FW is going to retcon the fallen away from the DA. its just stupid and shows that you are an underaged faggot whos never read the fluff. kill yourself

So, uh, how old are you, user?

25, and ive been playing since i was 11, so unlike you im not just some dumb fuck who picked this shit up yesterday and pretends to know fluff while spewing retarded shit.

You seem 11 to me, user. Basic grammar errors, getting mad over trivial things. You're either 11 or have some form of mental disorder.

t. Psychiatrist.

>t. Psychiatrist.
>he said on Veeky Forums
kek
>You seem 11 to me
>he said on a catonese waterboarding group's toy solder forum
literally kill yourself lad

Veeky Forums, you're supposed to be cool

Fucking chill out and let the general run smoothly

>Disagreeing with me = mentally insane
I diagnose you with a severe case of Roboute Guilliman.

Depends on how long it takes for the scans to arrive, if indeed they ever arrive.

:^)

Agreed. I blame the autism user claiming that there'd be Wulfen and TWC in 30k. Seriously, dude needs to chill out.

Anyways, to get back on subject and try and steer it back in the right direction, anyone ordering anything new soon?

you know saying buzzwords doesnt make you seem like less of a stupid newfag who doesnt even know basic fluff, right? kid

So this is the depths that /HHG/ has sunk to. I thought this was Veeky Forums, not /v/. Who do I blame for this mess?

I'm gonna get a Stormlord because maybe plastic will fill the emptiness in my soul. I really wanna order more FW stuff but I think I should save up for the new plastic HH set.

Y'know, I wonder where Curzefag went? I miss her. She amused me.

>Who do I blame for this mess?
the underage redditors who flooded /hhg/ when calth came out since mommy bought them the hipster version of 40k.

But my antagonizing is like 50% of this thread.

yep, ordering some MK III's and the MK III command pack, still doubting on which pattern of Bolter though

I'm thinking of picking up two Gorgon transports. I'm working on IM&C and a R&H army for 40k. I've read all the recaster Gorgons are total shit, so I'll just shell out for the real deal.

I can't believe people are missing Curzefag.

God, this really is the lowest point the /HHG/ has ever been. At least until Inferno comes out and the 50 threads of begging that are guaranteed to happen.

Literally that one user. He's been here for the past three or so threads and it's rather annoying.

Stormlords are cool, KA. The Big Megadakka is always nice.

I actually like Tigrus on MkIII. Gives it a sort of compact feel for the bulky armor, perfect for boarding or trench actions.

I've always missed Curzefag. I find her genuinely amusing.

Was Curzefag ever actually a 30k player? Or read a single HH Book?

Well Exodus' rule does say "...rather than following the usual procedure for assigning hits and saves" which Look out, sir ! is definitely a part of.
So yes, it does prevent Lo,S! attempts. But there might be some opponents that won't agree because it actually makes Exodus decent (everybody I play against agrees though)

>Literally that one user. He's been here for the past three or so threads and it's rather annoying.
>muh safe space
>dont talk about fluff older than i am in my safespace
ill be sticking around just to trigger you kid

Can you at least namefag so the rest of us can mute you? Thanks.

Nah, she doesn't accept that Loyalty is its own reward.

why would i do that?

You know, you are even worse and have shit more threads than Curzefag. And they said namefags were bad...
Congratulations.

I believe she had said she owned a small bit of 30k Night Lords.

They were looking to bag your prize.

No, Unification amuses me more. He's chill, and that battle report was hillarious.

>When 30k gets yiffed up

FTFY :^)

>she

You know, I found her Tumblr and was still convinced she was a guy up until now.

ive only been in the last 2 threads, but thanks.

the more of you pretentious reddit hipster faggots i trigger the better.