How many Imperial Guardsmen would I need to subdue a cat?

How many Imperial Guardsmen would I need to subdue a cat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nb6cSEI1FLk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on the cat

Average male house cat.

neutered?

I doubt they do that in the 41st century, so no, not neutered. It's on a heavy transport that's transporting Warhounds with some IG and AdMech guards, but the cat got loose in IG quarters and they'd rather contain the incident themselves.

Depends on the guard. If its a squad of Kriegers, you'll have your xeno corpse with acceptable 20% loss of the team practically in the bag.

They can't deploy armor/dig trenches without AdMech finding out and berating them, though.

probably not too many, desu, the guards of the transport would probably be able to hold the cat off long enough till reinforcements come and then two or three squads would probably be enough.

but what if it mews

If it's one of those WoD cats then the whole regiment is going to die. The Commissar would have to step in and show the cat who's boss. youtube.com/watch?v=nb6cSEI1FLk

Maybe the Catachan then? They're known for being good with feral beasts, and stealth is a necessity for jungle ops. Can't exactly promise things won't end up 'borrowed' and made into improvised weapons, but you can't make survival knifes without cracking a few plasma gun frames.

No it got on the ship from Catachan (it's a world where there are so many cats they named it after them)

Squad Broken.

>How many Imperial Guardsmen would I need to subdue a cat?

1 x Sly Marbo.

Or

1 x Mkoll + 1 x Larks.

Dude you can't 1v1 a kittums. Manning up just doesn't work against cute mewmews.

I don't Guard could do it. Maybe all of Cadia combined, but it's a stretch. They'd need Titan support.

A delicate kittywumpkins has no chance against the combined mass of Dan Abnett's plot armour.

What about TWO kittumwumpusses? That's like "into the eye of terror" tier.

It's from catachan

>an IG regiment created to defend imperial civilization from local xeno beasts
>now they just enforce local domestic pet laws happily and wait for the next threat

I DIED FOR THE EMPRAH! *scratched to death

Actually IG might be the only group in 40k who can actually handle a cat - their main weapon is effectively a laser pointer.

It very much puts the fucked up scale of every faction except the tau into context when they could probably entirely wiped out by a half dozen kittens getting dropshipped onto the main tau empire worlds.

Okay but what if it's a felinid regiment?

I mean, they could just die valiantly until someone gets smart and depressurizes the section.

But I think is right.

>tfw no cats anymore ;-;

Wait, are we talking about regular cat or a cat in scale to the models?

A regular in-universe cat.

He seduces the cat with promises of ration bits and the proceeds to pet, only on the back no more than 2 on the tummy.

Which is a shame as the other version of that question is more interesting.

Markerlights.
Tau induct the cat into the Greater Good.

The cat provides a morale bonus comparable to that of an Ethereal. An Ethereal holding a cat makes all Tau models immune to breaking.

Since they are armed with laser pointers basically just one.

Standard Departmento Munitorum allocation of men in regard to subduing a mail house cat is atleast three infantry regiments, a transport regiment, and armored support company to go along with the transports. Easily at least two regiments consisting of artillery and anti air batter. An air wing of the navies finest pilots.

Don't even get me started on the logistical supplies or even the navy transports needed for such an undertaking.

>the tau begin using markerlighters to direct cats against high value targets

3 to get mindbroken by the cats eldritch cuteness aura
4 to lay down suppressing fire
16 to build a baricade and trench formation (yes even on the ship we dig trenches damnit)
1 Twitch to set up a trapped perimeter around the cat, (then to set up a trapped perimeter around the guards to protect against more cat_
1 Doc to moon over a battle nun while tending to the wounded
1 Tink to grab up one of the ships outer guns and rig it into an inner gun and aim it at the cat

And sarge to come in before the ship gets blown up to put the cat through basic training and give it its uniform.

One guardsman to get the cat and a commissar to kill him if he fails to do it properly.

Would felinid IG be better at subduing a cat?

You'll need at least two gmen for that. One to execute, second to actually do the job.

What about Fumbles?

Occurrence Border 2.0 Cataggedon

Nubby is keeping him out of the way I'd guess.

I also forgot 2 guys to call in for artillery.

Half a million to search the area. Then drop another mil to subdue the beast. Cat can't bite through IG armour so minimal losses under 100 000 are expected.

What a stupid question.
You only need two platoons.