Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Broadcasted Dreams Edition

Listen up you steaming pile of Grox manure! I've just gotten word that we've intercepted a distress beacon coming from the ice world of Gyroma. Apparently it's under attack by... something... the message doesn't end very well for the sender...

So let's load up, and prepare for a fight! We've got less than an hour before we arrive to the Pealivex System!
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2iOfsEBnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sitting on a metal crate within one of the hangers with a stern, yet exhausted look on his face, and bouncing his left leg up and down rather nervously, would be 2nd Lieutenant, Jericho Aaldenberg.
>In his arms would be something tightly bundled up. Something that he would be staring down at.

>Wakes up in the mess hall
I must... Get back to me ship... By the Emperor, the headache...

>Appears since last time he locked himself into the office
>announcement vox rings out

Litsen up Regiment, you allready know what awaits us, the imperial world of Gyroma called for aid
and we are the ones who shall anwser it. On this day you shall get your chance for redemption in the
eyes of the emperor and imperium.

Not all of you will survive this, but those who die on the battle field in the service of the emperor
are all redeemed. You shall take them as an example in faith and duty and you shall fear no
xenos, mutant or heretic.

Emperor watch over us.
to war.

that is all.
>vox goes silent

"Well...As long as the commisar doesn't shoot us in the back, I think they'd do fine. This regiment's been through far worse things"

Would be just about right that we get one of -these- assignments while we've got a passenger to take care of...
>Anya and Churchill are working on the drones at the front of the tank, swapping the Carbines out for Missile Pods.

>Having finished stowing his gear, and fully equipped in a full suit of Carapace armor (helmet included), with his Hellgun placed at his side.
>He'd be staring down at a dataslate in his hands. He'd be rewatching the same pic recording for the forty-fifth time since receiving it from Oddball three days ago.

>Having finished rewatching video for the fourty-sixth time now, Malak would shake his head, before switching off the Dataslate. None of the recordings within looked familiar to him.
>Sure, the person within looked exactly like him. But he simply couldn't remember any of it as ever happening.
>So, with a loud sigh, he'd make his way back towards Oddball and his crew, in an effort to hand the dataslate back to him.

Thanks for letting me borrow this Sergeant...

>His voice would sound disappointed.

>The Officer shakes his head as t the Commissar's Regiment wide message.
>Sure he liked the man for his gusto, and traditional outlook. But right now he really didn't need the extra worry added on to him right now.
>Especially with.... "This" in his hands.

>walks up to the team
"Hey, guys, what do you think of the commisar! He looks like he's about to get an anneurism if he doesn't shoot me"

Eh, don't mention it, figured it would help.
>Oddball takes the Dataslate back and returns it to the place where Dataslates go to sleep.

Anya and Churchill both glance out from under the hull at Jericho and his.....whatever happens to be in his hands, before the -delicate- job of making sure the Missile Pods are actually connected properly calls them back to their work.

>The officer casts a glance at the daemon before him.

He's not the only....

>After saying this, he returns to staring at the bundle of cloth in his arms. His left leg continuously jumping up and down ever so slightly.

>makes sure he looks presentable and walks to the men, giving the regiment a brief inspection before deployment

>he looks at Kane, giving him a death stare

>moves on and stops at Jericho
Guardsman! What are you holding over there?

>Though his face may be hidden, his face would show obvious signs of discouragement at this.

I wish that were the case Sergeant... but I still don't remember anything involving the rest of you...

>His voice cheer up immensely a moment later.

Still! You have my thanks for trying to help me out!

>He'd cast a quick glance over to Anya.

Now then, if you don't mind. I believe I after three days, I owe a certain "someone" an apology.

>With that he would make his way towards Anya and Churchhill

>He gives a firm salute to the Commissar, but continues to remain seated.

I'm looking after a "Whiteshield" M'lord!

A what?

>a shadowy figure would enter the room and approach the commisar
"Some general told me t'come here and deliver you this note sir. He said you'd want it"
>it would be a list of all xenos, mutants, heretics and subhumans on the ship

>He sighs before motioning the Commissar over.

>His face is stern at the guardsman's homey gestures infront of a surperior
>but takes a closer look, hoping damn well it's something important

>Once the Commissar is within eyesight, he'd slightly tilt the bundle of blue cloth in his arms, to face the Commissar.
>Within bundled up comfortably within the cloth, would be.... a baby!
>A baby, that, judging by the "New baby smell" that is over powering the smell of mechanical oil, and sweat, can't be very old.
>Placing an index finger upon his lips, he motions for the Commissar to keep quiet. Before himself whispering.

Please don't take offense to this m'lord... but if you're going to freak out, I ask that you do it quietly. I just got him to fall asleep...

>Oddball gives what could very well be the laziest salute, but at least he tried.

>Anya, knee deep in the electrical systems for the Pods as she is, doesn't see Malak approaching, but Churchill does, and he gives an upside down nod.

>he goes trough the list of rules in his mind regarding conscription

There is no minimum age of recruiting into the regiment, this is now your squadmate and responsiblity.

Where is the mother?

>he would get closer to see what all the commotion is about
"Okay what is-"
>he would notice the baby
"Where did you get that"
>As the stranger
"Uh...sir? Not th' complain but my trigger finger's gettin stiff from this dick heavy scroll. Would you...?"

>They are all in the Leman Russ awaiting orders

>They hear this
>They all gasp but noone hears because of the tank plating

Jaemis: "Guys, did you hear that!?"

Holdrin: "We got a kid on board!"

Fritz: "Psh, looks like someone was bust getting some from the missus."

Jimmy: "Uh, I don't think is a good idea to have kids on the ship..."

Jaemis: "Jimmy, lighten up. Were gonna make a guardsman out of that kid!"

Fritz: "With how you three handle each other? I don't think so."

Holdrin: "Hey, maybe you got an idea or two about raising little guardsmen, don't ya fritz?"

Fritz: "If you're saying that just because im a medic, then im gonna punch you."

Holdrin: "Nah, im saying it because your a woman."

>A loud punching sound reverberates through the tank

>There is a grim look upon his face, as he turns to face the Commissar, and he remains silent for a long time.

... My wife died giving birth to him M'lord... he's.... all I have left...

>Meanwhile, the tiny infant is sound asleep, dispite all the noise going on around it.
>You'd almost think this child could sleep through an Exterminatus.

>goes to his ship, trying to figure out how to hide his hangover
>a few minutes later the Lady of Spectoris begins preparations for departure

Sorry to interrupt, but we'll be entering orbit over the planet shortly. Let me know if you require orbital support.

>He'd return the gesture, and would wait patiently upon a crate for Anya to finish up.
>While he waits though, his ears would perk up at the sound of the word "baby"

As ive said, your responsibility.

Back in line man, this..child is a fellow guardsman from this point on.

>at oddball
SOLDIER! you better show a proper salute or i shall put in in the front line armed with a spoon. This a the Guard, not vacation!

>nods sharply
Very good

Well dipshit!

>He'd glare at the daemon before him

When a man and a woman love each other very much---
>He would do an in-depth description of babies are made that would make even Slanessh blush in awkwardness.
> I.E a little like m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2iOfsEBnI

Of course m'lord!

>he'd look at Malak with disgust, and a sort of pity
"Goddamn, tin man"
"So...what's it called?"

>With a slight spark from a connector, the unlit light on the side of the pod goes a steady red, signaling that the weapon is connected.
>With that done, Anya leans back...and promptly sees a Stormtrooper's legs.
>She crawls further out from under the tank and sees who the legs belong to, biting back a hiss.
>At this, Churchill can only look on curiously.

Do I have to Commissar? It's way too early for them negative waves.
>Nevertheless, the man does salute. Properly.

>He'd simply roll his eyes at this.
>"Fucking perverted heretic...."

"Well..uhh, apart from everything i know and did with a side of daemon dicks, is it a boy or a..."

>the comissar turns his head slowly at the guardsman
>he walks slowly towards him

Sergant, are you questioning my orders?

If this regiment was not so severly under-manned i would have executed you already,
but dont think that fact can save you from further judgement.

My record is not pretty, but i have never, Ever been lenient to my men,
else they become.. sloppy, useless, rebelious.

I hope i wont have to question your loyalty, right, Segant?

>his teeth snap at the last word and he waits a moment for the message to sink in

>His head would lower slightly, as he lets out a loud sigh before speaking.

I can't say I expected anything more upon you seeing me...

But even if that's how you're going to respond to me, I wanted to come here to try and apologise, as well as try to make it up to you for the other day...

>he'd seem to give out a slight chuckle, cbefore lighting a cigar
"Do I add him to the list as a heretic, sir?"

Yes it's a boy you dimwitted pile of Grox shit!
>He remains silent.

... and no.... me and the misses never came up with a name.... we figured we'd do it after we had the child...
captcha brought up games workshop!

Not yet

>takes his cigar and puts it out before throwing it back to him

Refrain from indulging of narcotics before deployment.

Oddball seems...not really that fussed really.
Course not sir, course, y' also need to take into account that it was -this- crew that notified the Inquisition, including the Inquisitor that runs this ship of the whole.....Tzeentchian thing, not to mention that said Inquisitor also happens to be one of our friends.
>Oddball again salutes. Properly. Perhaps even too properly.

>Anya sighs.
>"I'm listening......."

>he'd squint even harder at the stranger, catching the cigar mid-air
"Sure thing sir, I'll be a good little loyalist boy-when do i start lickin adeptus astartes boots?"

Do i look like i care who your friends are?
You can be drinking buddies with the Emperor, and you would still get the same judgement than the lowest street rat.

You are dismissed.

Whenever i say so.

>continues the inspection

>The ship detaches and takes its own course
If we ever meet again, make sure it be in a better situation. And do holler if ye want to buy something.

>Since Oddball is currently sitting in his tank, he.......continues to sit in his seat and continues to wait.

We've arrived in orbit over Gyroma. Initial scans are showing very little battle damage.

Very well, scan the surface for a suitable and defendable deployment zone, and re-try the communication in hopes of any survivors.

Otherwise mobilise the regiment to be in standby for planetfall

>He takes in a deep breath before slowly releasing it, trying to calm his nerves.

Anya... After our little spat over Vic the other day, I've spent every free moment I've had between training, collecting, and rewatching the old combat recordings, as well as rereading the old mission reports I could get my hands on. All in a vain effort to try and remember anything involving you, and everyone else in this Regiment.

But despite everything I've tried, I can't recall any of it... Not the battles, the conversations, the orders I had given.... Nothing!

>He closes his eyes for a moment, once again trying to recall anything about the regiment that he could. But to no avail.

I did this all in the effort to try and come up with some sort of decent sounding apology I could give you...

>He sighs.

...But since I can't recall any of that, I can only apologise for what I know I've done. So... I'm sorry Anya... for everything...

>He remains silent for a moment, before continuing.

I figure you probably won't believe or forgive me. So at the very least, I ask that we set aside our differences and anger towards each other, to at least be willing to work together, and watch over each others, as well as the rest of the regiment's backs.

>He crosses his arms, before leaning up against the tank.

And know that, despite what you think... I do have feelings for Vic... but I also care about you, as well as the rest of this regiment...
>His voice would go into a whisper.

Even Commissar "tough ass", over there...

If there are any survivors, they aren't responding to vox-hails. Hold on a minute... I see something. Looks like there's some remnant of a PDF holding out in the spaceport. Xenos vehicles are closing in, and fast.

"Oooh can I come with you? I could use some fresh air!"
>his breast would jump along with him in excitement
>as Stranger
"...who, or what, is that disgusting thing jumping up and dowm? Also, may i light the cigar now? Or at least a stiff shot?"

Initiate orbital bombardment upon the enemy positions, cut them off!

>gives the man a stern look and goes towards the valkyre

Deploy the regiment, we must support the PDF.

>he'd light a cigar
"Less stern a look than before..."
"Anyone want one?"

Engaging.

This is *Explosion in the distance, followed by gun fire*---- to anyone that can hear thi- *lasgun fire in the background, followed by a surface to air rocket exploding*--- der attack by *more gun fire is heard* We can't hold out much longer! The space port will fall any se- *an explosion, followed by static*----.......

At them, my brethren. We will drag them screaming back to the dark city!

>Sits in the valkyre

Time of arrival?

>Anya's expression starts off closed, turning a combination of pitying and frustrated as Malak admits his lack of recollection.
>Albeit it does turn....not exactly grateful, but some similar feeling as he explains -why- he done all that.
>Anya also nods slightly at the mention of putting aside their differences....even as her expression turns....most unpleasant at the mention of Malak's feelings.

>"I.....very well, I will....accept your apology, and agree to put our differences aside -on the field of battle at least-."
>"I'm still not alright with the whole Vic thing though. I am a mutant, we're -supposed- to be used as.....'things'. Vic is not."
>Meanwhile, Churchill is just looking on at the situation and wondering wtf this is all about.

My pilots will get you there in an estimated ten minutes.

Rolled 20, 5, 12 + 2 = 39 (3d20 + 2)

Shit! Hold the space port dammit! It's all we have left!

>She aims and fires hher lasgun at the attacking dark Eldar forces. Her nearby friends doing the same.

Let us waste no time!
Into the fray

>he and the stormtroopers that accompanied him on board are ready and on the valkyre

Rolled 18, 16, 16 = 50 (3d20)

>the PDF troopers manage to drive back several squads of Dark Eldar warriors
>still more come from the shadows, firing as they go

>Malak shakes his head at her mentioning of her and Vic being "things".

First of all Anya. You're not a "Thing"! You're a person, just like myself, Oddball, and everyone else here. Even the damn Xenos for what it's worth... you're not a thing, you're just.... you... a person with feelings, emotions, hopes and dreams. No matter what you, or anyone else says.

Second of all. I don't see Vic as a "Thing" either.... she's a person I care deeply about... just as you are. I just happen to care about her in a different way than I do you.

>He'd remove his helmet, and smile at her.

Where as I have feelings of love for Vic, my feeling is for you are as that if a friend... or at least... I'd like them to be.

Rolled 17, 1 + 2 = 20 (2d20 + 2)

>several of the men and women around her go down in a hail of dark Eldar weapons fire. But the remaining defenders are dead set on protecting the few civilians that are still left. Even if it costs them their lives.

Is that all you edgy bastards have got!!!

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>he'd run deep into the woods, dual pistols blazing
"Reminds me of home-hnngh!"
>Kane would hear his speech snd start laughing, barely catching a breath, tears of joy running down his cheeks
"Not...a thing? You? Me? Xeno-AHAHAHAH"

Rolled 7, 7, 20 = 34 (3d20)

>a half-score of Dark Eldar warriors fall under the lasfire
>Braesqar chuckles
Not remotely.
>Mandrakes slither from the shadows around the PDF's entrenchment and engage the humans in melee

sorry i meant ice field

"Yet, as it goes....you done 'something' hard enough for her to run crying to a Valkyrie, steal said Valkyrie from the Navy, -an executable offense mind, which she knows, she was merely effected so badly that she didn't care- and fly off into a Nebula. Then there is me, who picked up the pieces and, from what I saw, will be 'shoved back in the emergency kit' until such a time as I am required to pick up the pieces again. But my feelings never really mattered in the past, not sure why I expected that to change...."
>"We'll be fellow soldiers, fighters, Troopers, Comrades in arms....but it will be a long time before we are friends."
>Churchill gives Malak a confused shrug of the shoulders, as if to say he has no idea what's got her so worked up.

Rolled 5, 17 + 1 = 23 (2d20 + 1)

>Upon sight of the mandrake's, the majority of the defenders engage them in melee. A hand full dying before they can even stand up.
>The rest continue to use whatever they have left to hold the remaining dark Eldar at bay.

Rolled 17, 10, 10 + 5 = 42 (3d20 + 5)

>the valkyre comes from the fog of war and lands behind the pdf's lines

>out march the comissar and his squad of stormtroopers
>they all open fire, rested and fully armed

>Some of the guardsmen hold their own admirably, but most are overwhelmed by the creatures from the shadows

>The stormtroopers are much more successful, cutting down many Dark Eldar as they charge the PDF's strong point

>he'd look at Malak, slowly stopping his laughter
"Do you remember what you did? Or is that washed clean out of your brain as well?"

>Braesqar and his squad of scourges swoops in to the edge of the combat zone and prepares to fire upon the valkyrie with their dark lances
>the Dark Eldar warriors continue firing

Rolled 1, 20, 18 + 3 = 42 (3d20 + 3)

Do not give them an inch!

>they take up firing positions and open fire with utmost predjudice
>mankind's elite pick their targets and shower them with hellfire

>Guerre does not take cover and risks his life to set an example to the xenos and the imperials (+3 for ranged rolls against him)

Rolled 6, 18, 18 = 42 (3d20)

Whoops

Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d20)

>the stormtroopers, having taken the Eldar completely by surprise, make short work of this attack wave
>the scourges open fire with their dark lances from their vantage point

>Malak frowns. His hands clench upon hearing that he had done something to hurt the woman he cares about.

Anya... I don't know what it is I did to Vic to hurt her... and unless she's someday willing to tell me, than I'll probably never know... But whatever happened between her and myself, It was probably never meant to hurt her... but never the less, I feel terrible...

Not only do I feel terrible that I harmed the woman I love... but that fact that you were hurt in the process...

>He looks disgusted with himself.

... That should have happened to you Anya... or to Vic... and I'm sorry... I really am...

I only hope that one day, I can make it up to both you and Vic... as well as earn your trust so that we can one day be friends.

Rolled 16 (1d20)

>He'd try to fire at any dark eldar trying to harm the commisar, which the commisar hasn't squashed himself
"Chain-of-command, you knife ear faggots!!"

Rolled 12, 9, 12 + 3 = 36 (3d20 + 3)

>Leon does not bother to duck, luckily the shots miss him and his men

>the scourges get a taste of imperial justice

Rolled 17, 5 + 4 = 26 (2d20 + 4)

>Upon seeing the sight of allied Valkyrie's landing inside, and around the space port, Melissa, as well as what was left would let out a cheer, before fighting with renewed vigor!

Hell yeah! Let's tear em apart, and show these assholes how the men and woman of Gyroma deal with things!

>They'd the return fire against the Dark Eldar forces.

>the scourges fly away after taking two casualties
>the Dark Eldar assault seems to have been beaten back... for now.

>"Mhm, well, good thing is I'm used to it. Only reason I'm even bothered is because I thought things could be different this time....But at least I didn't get used for s-" Anya, along with most other noise in the Transport is cut off as the lights turn red and a rather unquiet buzzer sounds. ".......this time. Oh, well that's our queue Matty, duty calls."
>Churchill nods at Anya, pulling a Tank helmet over his head before the pair climb the tank to drop through the Driver's hatch, Anya stopping half way in to look at Malak.

>he'd be dead at this point, if it wasn't for Private Billy-Bob running blindly into the fire
>Rip Billy-Bob
>A bullet does, however, hit him in the lower ab area

>brings up his vox

I want you to hammer their with orbital bombardment untill they die or dissapear,
make it clear that there will be ansolutely NO mercy.

>scans the battlefield with his gaze

>he'd climb atop the tank
"Hey guys! Can a human fit into this cannon?"

>He looks back and smiles, before giveing the Felinid trooper a thumbs up, and reattaching his helmet, and his gravchute.

You guys come back alive, alright? After all. I apparently still owe you guys for saving Vic! And a friend always repays his debts! And I I tend on settling that debt with a round of drinks for all of us!

>The nearby surviving pdf forces let out a cheer as the Dark Eldar return back to the shadows. The defenders momentary victory a call for a small celebration
>Melissa on the other hand, only sighs, before walking up to the Commissar. Give him a firm salute.

Thank the Emperor you got here when you did m'lord! We thought we were done for!

Understood.
>there is no sign of the Eldar as the bombardment enters into full swing
>despite this, Guerre can't shake the feeling that this isn't over

>gives a dare stare to the shadows
>turns his head to her
Trooper, how many arms, munitions, mobile weapon platforms and vehicles do you still have?

>back to vox
Helmont, send in a few shuttles, we have civilians here to evacuate

>faces the unarmed crowd of citizens
Transport is coming, load the children and wounded on this valkyre and wait for the rest to arrive

>points to his transport on which he arrived on

>Oddball sticks his head out the Commander's hatch.
Not unless you only want to fire your dick mate, the slugs the Railgun fires aren't exactly big.

>"As you say sir..."
>There's a thump as the Dropship touches down at the Spaceport, then with an equally loud buzz as before, the light turns green and the ramp drops.

>ordering his men to dig in and take positions in case of a counter-attack

>faces the drops ship with hand resting on the handle of his power sword

>he does not look pleased with the time of arrival

M'lord, we have enough arms and personnel to arm the remaining three-hundred men and woman of Gyroma's first and only.

As for mobile weapons and vehicles. We weren't given any mobile weapons platforms. And our vehicle depot only had a handful of Chimeras. Most of which we lost during the initial week of hit and run tactics. After all, we're only a light infantry Regiment. Up until now, it was deemed only necessary by the Administratum for us to be given a hand full of light attack and transport vehicles. In our two hundred years on this planet, the only thing we've had to deal with was the occasional small outpost being attacked by the planets predators.

"Then i'm afraid my dick wouldn't fit in. So who are you fighting exactly?"
>he'd sit on top of the tank, legs intertwined

Arm them and dig in, set up obervations from high post to keep a watchful eye for the counter attack

>looks at the area surrounding the starport to see where the enemy could potentialy take cover in the event of another attack

Sir! Apologises for the timely delay. But we were bringing in the some special toys. Courtesy of Major Argus, and Inquisitor Laraques!

>He'd motion the to two dozen Inquisitorial stormtroopers coming out of the transport.

It takes a little longer for us to get packed up when the only transport available also had to carry a tank.

Fuck off nametag

>The city, if you could even call it that. Would be situated directly next to a large snowy cliff face at its north west side.
>A large metal wall surrounds the rest of settlement, with open, snowy fields and blizzards as far as the eye can see.
>Oddly enough, the settlement would be particularly warm. And one could have sworn they'd seen a void shield up above the small city.
>All in all, the entire city could have at one point held perhaps 20000 people.

>raises his hand
Enough!

the filth can attack at any moment, set up defensive positions and await further orders

>he turns back to her
Are this all the survivors of this world?

>She would grimace, as she gives a slow nod of her head.

I'm afraid so, Sir... we've been going at it with the Dark Eldar for about six weeks.

>As she speaks, the remaining defenders are doing g what they can to police weapons, and bodies, while putting out local fires, and setting up new positions.

The bastards came out of nowhere, and began attacking the smaller settlements and outposts for the first few weeks.

>She's bites her lip.

We figured it was just the local predators getting antsy and looking for food. All the evidence we found pointed to it.

Then we started actually getting hit. The larger settlements started reporting missing persons. Things started exploding. Your usual hit and run tactics.

By the time we finally noticed what was going on, half the population was panicking, and we were loaing ground like no tomorrow.

After week two, they finally started meeting us on open ground. By then, a full half the pdf was dead or missing. And there of the seven larger settlements were long gone....

We're on week six as of now...

That makes our job easier then.

Are there any points of special interest to the imperium on this planet?
Weapon stockpile, manufactory, relic, anything?

Understood Commissar!

>She shakes her head at this.

Mostly mining m'lord. There's really nothing else of value on this barren ice ball.

At most, I'd say our total population was 150000. Give or take a few thousand in the uncharted settlements.