How would you change the Orks fluff/rules/units wise to make them more interesting/appealing?

How would you change the Orks fluff/rules/units wise to make them more interesting/appealing?

What should the Ork playstyle be? Obviously GW doesn't know.

i suppose give them more motivation besides a genetic predisposition to being warlike.

Is this another thread where a bunch of half informed morons set upon trying to reinvent the wheel by knocking all of the curve out of the wheel so it better stands still on a flat road?

Check out Veeky Forumss rules for the Horus Heresy ork armies. Lots of meta-stuff, horde tactics, and extremely high risk-reward tactics. They basically strike a comedic line between Tyranids and Chaos.

But orks are already Intresting

Unless this is a tabletop fag thread

Keep the fluff, fix the rules. Not going to claim to know how since I don't really play orks, but the fluff isn't the problem here.

I4, S4, old mob rule. A decurion that doesn't suck dick, or just tone down all the other Decurions.

They need more Dakka.

I always wondered, why they look physically so fierce and formidable compared to humans, but ruleswise they're almost identical? Same with marines.

If GW can only be incentivized by profit then I say any new ork rules should come with a new model line. And I want BIG orks. The Beast Arises has me jealous, I want warbosses the size of monstrous creatures and nobs the size of dreadnoughts.

You mean the Strength stat? I always assumed it was testament to just how large the variance is within stat subdivisions. Orks, humans and Eldar are all S3 despite the differences in physique. It's also an abstraction that takes into account presumed aggression, training, equipment and so on. The fact that a guardsman is S3 doesn't mean he punches as hard as a point-blank lasgun shot.

make them cheaper. Just look at them freaking eldar units, are cheap as spring sale.
Orks need to be cheaper or just get way better formations.

They need more "abundance". They need to more easily form massive mobs of boyz and they need more gubbinz to encourage wacky and disparate playstyles. Like mass teleporters, tougher armor, faster trukks, MORE DAKKA.

Well I am half informed so I'll try.
Ork units should generate Warrg dice, in the Psychic phase wyrd boyz and Warbosses get to take Warrg dice from nearby units to power their abilities.
Make them cheaper.
Make a new HQ to represent what happens when Storm Boyz and other discipline types try to set up a Komand Kounsal.
How did I do?

First off, I'm pretty happy with orks fluff. Sure, it's not great, but it's entertaining to just be that race of hooligans who barely understand the deeper forces at play in the universe and win wars anyway because you're essentially a sentient bioweapon.

I would probably just redo a bit of their crunch to give their gadgets more kick. For example, for being a melee focused race that had a lot of bang for their buck, ork transports are either paper thin and carry too few boys or too big and slow and drive up their point costs too much. Orks need a way to bring their troops to the fight semi-reliably without losing too many along the way and without breaking the bank on points.

I would also change their mob rule to affect all orks on the table rather than a squad by squad basis. Small groups lose a ton of punch without a ton of morale options because of the weak leadership values and fragile commanders.

I thought furious charge sort of made sense for orks with their strength. They're pretty strong and beefy, but lack any sort of endurance and wear out easy so they lose a point of strength after the first round of combat.

Have an economy system, if the War boss dosent pay the boyz then they mutiny. Have an international stock market system the dictates how much each boy must be paid. Base the boy'z payment off the GDP of the country your are in.

Hey, we said 40k rules not age of sigmar.

FOR THE LADY

Teeth stocks incoming.

Warbosses don't need to pay their boys shit, teef and loot are a natural byproduct of WAAGH. Nothing say "fun crazy hooligan army" like having to fill out tax stocks in the middle of your wargame.

I4 and S4 standard... fuck no that would be crazy strong