Buy a Chandra Starter Deck because I figured some of the stuff in it would be appreciated by a friend who's just...

>Buy a Chandra Starter Deck because I figured some of the stuff in it would be appreciated by a friend who's just getting in to Magic
>Notice 2 packs come with it
>cool
>Pull this
Should I sell this ASAP or wait? I'm not too keen on selling Magic shit and am not sure if this is overhyped or not.

Asap. That thing sucks ass

a little harsh, but i think it is definitely overhyped.

>play typical mana accel green 1 drop
>play foundry inspector
>turn 3 8/8 trampler

I'd hold onto it for a moment at least, it's going to get limited play and has already been trending up in price since prerelease

>>play typical mana accel green 1 drop
bruh

>play typical mana accel green 1 drop
They don't make those anymore

>Elvish mystic is too strong for standard
Still blows my mind to this day.

Turn 1 ramp is pretty hard to balance for

trade for non-Kaladesh cards ASAP, this thing is just Outland Colossus 2.0

i got a skysoveirgn. I dont intend to trade it but is it playable in standard?

Skysovereign is gonna see play hard. It's similar to Inferno Titan enough and colorless so it will see play in a lot of decks, hell I wanna test it in RG energy despite it not producing any. It also dodges a lot of sorcery spell removal that targets creatures. If you want to kill it you need specifically artifact removal which is gimped as fuck right now to promote artifact decks.

I went ahead and traded the Chandra I pulled on prerelease for a Mystic Gate, Polluted Delta, and a foil Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim

Only time will tell if I fucked up. I personally think she is a bit over hyped, but I could be wrong

I figured but i have been massively wrong before. This lightning bolt machine gunner carried me in prerelease

In a standard with Emerge? No thanks.

That's how I feel when I traded my prerelease Sahelli and my prerelease RU fastland for 3 GP stoneforge mystics, a godless shrine, and 3 revised bolts.

it should, Skysoverign is the strongest bomb in all of Kaladesh Limited.

its like you telling me "Pack rats was kinda okay".

No meming a turn elvish mystic can provide a fucking huge shift in momentum. It forces your opponent to kill it and be behind a turn or leave it and enable you to do dumb things like turn 3 seige rhinos or turn two anafenzas if you have the right lands.
I know that abzan never ran mystics but it's an example.

No man, it's not harsh. It really is bad. Only realm where it's good is limited.

Every card other than Chandra and the Masterworks is gonna dip to less than half their price by this time next month even if they are played in the PT. This shit is getting opened like the cards have coke on them.

killing a 1/1 mana dork does not put you a turn behind.

>Mana accel 1 drop
user, I... I don't know how to tell you this

Depends on the deck. Maybe you would rather do something else with that red mana like cast a creature but you have to cast a burn spell instead. And because of the complete lack of decent burn most of the times you can get the mystic the damage has been done.