Do you draw your characters, Veeky Forums?

Do you draw your characters, Veeky Forums?

I try to, but I'm not that good at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM00B9A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a very cute style, user.

I would if I could.

But I can't so I ste- borrow other peoples art.

Desu OP although that's a simple enough drawing your style is very endearing and I would love for someone to draw up the party I GM for like that. Don't sell yourself down.

I grab a picture that I wanna use then beg people on the draw thread to make something along those lines.

I only got it done once.

I don't have the time to learn to draw or draw, but I do have money to commission artists.

thanks
actually the op kinda sounds like i'm fishing for compliments via putting myself down but i like what i do, what i mean is i can't pull off a more "serious" style so my characters get kinda lost in the process

I draw my characters or my players' characters every now and then, but I'm really not that great at it. Tabletop motivates me a lot, but I definitely wouldn't trust myself to draw requests or stuff like that

Sort of, but in no better a style than doodles.

>i can't pull off a more "serious" style so my characters get kinda lost in the process
Fuck that dawg. The style you got is good! Jump in on the draw thread and have fun!

My drawing look like this

(Didn't draw this but it's close to how I draw)

I tried to draw my character once, he was a dwarven shopkeeper who was constantly trying to retrieve the bolts from the crossbow he'd fired.

I used the "just right" meme as a base, then went from there. Unfortunately I lost him when I switched computers.

I always at least make a basic sketch, varying from bobble-headed doodles for tokens to more realistically proportioned ones depending on how long I spend on it.

About the best I can do

No, I can't draw, but I've played with someone who liked to draw the whole party. Her only flaw was that she couldn't draw ugly people to save her life. My dirty elderly hobo character ended up looking like Patrick Stewart.

I do quick doodles in the down time table talk or when something is dragging on too long. I get really embarrassed when someone notices though, even when they say it's really cute, because I draw pig disgusting animus while the DM went to art school and can do some semi decent realistic art.

Best I've gotten are pixel arts. I've kind of given up since I can't figure out how to bipedal anatomy in pixels past head-on view, which sucks because I have so many more picture ideas.

Nah, never been good at drawing. If I could do your style though I'd probably do it myself.

If I couldn't find decent art online I'd try my luck in the draw thread. I've gotten a couple good deliveries there. Pic related is the last request I got, courtesy of Bog Roll (one of the better drawfags on Veeky Forums).

Lately I haven't tried though, because the drawthread for the last few months is basically just a mix of Draw My Waifu and SmutThread 2: Electric Boogaloo

I like this style a lot honestly. I'd be more than happy to have my characters all have such nice portraits.

I do, normally do all members of the group as well. Here is my main guy. He changes based on the type of game.

>Try to draw
>with pencils the lines are too thick or thick
>cannot visualize the masterpiece within
>try on computer
>hand wont stop shaking with the mouse
>lines look like shit
>never get past sketches
>become sad

If I could draw for shit, I would.

>mouse
You dun goofed. Your pic even has a wacom in it

>mouse

That's the problem. Might as well try drawing with a brick.

I'm getting some commissions of NPCs as a gift to my GM.
Both for being a bro, and because he already paid for some commissions of NPCs particularly relevant to the PCs.

I like that a lot OP, I think it's a neat style

>Lately I haven't tried though, because the drawthread for the last few months is basically just a mix of Draw My Waifu and SmutThread 2: Electric Boogaloo
Good news for you, that's over and we have cool armor drawfriends. Although I would like to draw some Veeky Forums smut.

Buy a tablet, faggot

I tried a few times, but I'm still limited in ability and indecisive so the process is slow.

You got a tumblr/takin' commissions OP? If so, drop the deets

That's actually really stylish

I do but I'm only really good at drawing furry shit, so only my animal people characters get drawn

Aren't those expensive?

Not really. I got mine for 50 bucks and it works like a charm.

Of PCs or of established characters?

Depends on what you get. Intuos Pro is pretty good. Runs about $300. It's only really expensive when you want a screen you can draw on.

What kind is it? If it would help me to draw even basic stuff I'd love it.

Anything really, I'd really like to open up commissions so I'm trying to get as good as I can via requests.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM00B9A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I'm still putzing around with a first gen bamboo. Never quite got the hang of the blind contour technique.

Uh. Kinda.

Hey, a Bamboo was my last tablet before that one! Pretty damn good tablet, shame it gave out on me. Served me for years.

I used to, but after I began GMing I lost the time and the patience for it. I mostly stick to photoshoping different pieces of art together. It's a lot quicker and looks a lot better than what I can do on my own.

I've been practicing daily ever since I bought a tablet. I actually have lots of trouble visualizing a lot of the characters I create for games.

Despite loving the process of chargen, I think I might just be terrible at it.

I drew one character, and tend to think of my characters in terms of visual style. But I'm a crap artist.

Heh, kind of looks like Jackies uncle.

>only magic can defeat magic !
>one more thing...

Every now and then.

I muddle along. I coincidentally have a fair few sketches on my phone- would people prefer recent DH stuff or older Pathfinder?

If any at all, of course

I tried once or twice, but this is the most effort I ever put in.

I doodle, my GM is an artist though, so during breaks he draws our characters in various situations. I only made my dude in Heroforge.

Not only do I draw my characters, I draw my pnpm8's characters and npcs of the game.

Here's my goat character. The games are FEMTO but I just imagine everything anthro.
please excuse my crappy scanner.

Here's an old Antag of the game.

don't sell yourself short
I would buy a commission from you, assuming you do commissions and I needed a character drawn.

Shit dude I'd pay you to draw my characters

Sure do. I want the other players and GM to have a better idea than just my descriptions.

Though I'm bad at designing armor and clothes so I usually reference other designs I like or mish mash several.

I can draw well enough-ish after a few years of highschool art classes and half baked self teaching anatomy for exactly that purpose, but I only get as far as things that look pretty good in pencil. I got a tablet years ago but never got the hang of using it, so I can't even make digitized lineart out of my pencil drawings. They get a cheap boost to how good they look from drawing and shading tricks there, at least until the graphite rubs everywhere.
Here's a =sketch of my halfling cleric I briefly used in Out of the Abyss, as one of our NPCs is hit by a poison dart and begins their awful death just behind.

I do.

I draw other player's characters too if a moment feels draw worthy...however like the OP, my style is a bit too cute and it is hard to draw more serious looking characters. It makes me a little sad because while I'm pretty okay at drawing, I know I'll never be where I want to be when I set out to draw something.

I tend to just draw funny things for shits and giggles since that is what I'm good at. I could post a few more, but they probably won't make sense without context.

This one is of our cleric dwarf and bard Weird Al bonding over how they are about to get fucking shit faced.

Made her for a Pathfinder game that never took off. I love drawing characters--mine or otherwise-- but I haven't really done any art at all for a while.
>what is motivation ;_;

I doodled a lot in middle school, and eventually got pretty good at it.

Unfortunately, the school decided that I shouldn't doodle anymore after I started drawing all the ways I wished my bullies would die (these were, easily, the worst of my drawings). Rather than actually deal with all of the assholes that were torturing me, they instead expelled me for the rest of that school year, and threw out all of my drawings (including the drawings that had nothing to do with my various death wishes).

So, to answer your question, yes, I do draw my characters, but I really suck at it. The reason: my middle/high school actively prevented me from drawing anything.

Sorry for personal blog, but I'm drunk so fuck it

Oh no.

I can do okay, but I'm really awful at drawing people rather than objects (Which I'm great at) so it takes a really long time to refine the drawing to the point of it being acceptable. Which in turn, means that I've only ever drawn my characters a handful of times, I need to be feeling VERY inspired to sit down and start. I have a PC I played for over 2 years that I have never drawn for lack of reference material that satisfies what I think of them as looking like.

No, but I really want to. Sometimes it frustrates me how I can't even sketch something really simple without a lot of effort, not even something crude to hold up and go 'I want this but better.'

I used to, but I grew to hate drawing (did it for work) and then stopped for a long ass while. When I finally went back to try and make a character sketch I couldn't do fuck all.

I do it for my characters and sometimes my players. I get some things I enjoy sometimes but others I can't even draw a banana

I got over my fear of drawing some time ago though

Honestly I think having a style at all that you can do over and over and enjoy is what really matters

Furry Veeky Forums smut? I actually have a sort of magical realm game going on with a partner right now...

I love to doodle characters in MS Paint in a cute fashion but I don't have a group to draw so I just draw my vidya characters

Aww, Thanks!

I mean, my style is okay but the grass always seems greener on the other side. I would love to be able to draw more detailed, realistic characters but it is so hard to go out of my style and anything I do draw like that looks ugly in comparison.

This one is of my bard Melody, she isn't really that special besides that she is really cheerful and uses her bow as a light crossbow in flavor text.

*violin as a bow

Cute!

I don't draw stuff, but a game I DM has *three* artists. And they go nuts.

I do but I'm terrible at it and looking at your pic makes me sad and ashamed I even try.

Nice, OP

I doodle NPCs and shit a lot when profs are going on about stuff that doesn't require notes(still listening, but I don't record the rambling stories, I just enjoy em).

They aren't terrible. I took a few years of art classes in high school before I fell out of practice.

>Likes
>Dislikes

Totally what I was going for. He was a wizard cook with culinary themed magic.

I do.

Your pic is alright, OP.

At this point, drawing in Drawthreads is the closest thing to a Veeky Forums activity I do.
Been nearly a year since I played Magic and my schedule is too flakey to join an rpg group.
But in a small way, I've been a part of dozens of games.

She's a cute, user

Love your art style man. It's much better than mine. I'll post a pic once I have the opportunity to either take a picture of preexisting art or draw something new.

Sadly I often lack the motivation to draw stuff, and when I do have the motivation I have no idea what I want to draw.

My character for a campaign that fell apart after the second session. Had a somewhat more coherent group before and after that, and right now I'm getting ready to dm for a new group that seems promising.

Tiefling druid, it was 5e. Her name is Kinn.

>I try to, but I'm not that good at it.
That's me in a nutshell.

(Your art looks nice. I like it.)

As GM I draw the characters of my players.

And a lot of NPC's

Yup, although haven't had too much of chance recently.

When GMing, I also tend to sketch the npcs.

I would love to. I just the artistic skills of a rock. Always have. I was that kid with the straight As except for a "barely passed" grade in Art given out of pity by the teacher.

Huion makes decent, very affordable drawing tablets at half the price of a Wacom, generally. You can get a Huion H610 Pro for like sixty or seventy bucks easy, and it works like a charm.

I draw every character of mine. Not so great about drawing the rest of the party, though.

Currently got a big ol' sketch page open for all the villains and mooks I got planned for my supers game I run though, and I just crop and upload every time one of them shows up for the first time to help keep the initial description short.

I can't draw for shit nor can anyone in my party. That's why I post in the draw thread's to hopefully get my art done And sometimes it works

I do draw, but rarely those of other players, i sketch my own character from time to time and even update their looks if they get new armor and the like. Also grunts, as a DM i love to draw the rank and file.

Yes.
and I GM

I try to keep with simple, cartoonish designs and make generic images (ie commoner or elf (male)) to diminish the workload

In my opinion, the second girl looks better than the original

Of course it does, Paizo has always had trouble making good-looking women.

Sometimes

Thats cute as fuck

That gave me a boner in my heart

Apologies for the crappy picture.

As a DM, i try to draw my PCs every time they get new equipment.
Also try to sketch every boss-type enemy.

Are you me?

Have you read your Andrew Loomis today, Veeky Forums? Have you practiced your Blookheads?

Some portraits for a game I'm running right now

Crude but indicative of my style

TUMBLR GET OUT REEEEEEE