HHG

Horus heresy general
We will find the creator of this image and decimate him edition
The search for curzefag sub edition
> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
youtu.be/hbw1pGUhG7Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tdj-L84_8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlcToCFtX4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=69cqx_lDAWQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3XXGmu-dw
youtube.com/watch?v=LlNb78f1xbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is Russ the executioner when so far he's been constantly BTFO?

>Couldn't even kill Magnus properly
What a disappointment he must be to the Emperor.

/IWG/, I plead your help in giving me ideas for how to convert xenos deathlocks for my Blackshields.

I've got B@C and a CSM squad, and I'm slowly edging my way into using greenstuff (chainmail, tubes, and scrolls so far). Right now, I'm planning on using the meltas from these kits as the base for my conversions.

The idea I have bandying around in my head right now is of a temporal fire thrower, sorta like the Shokk-attack gun. Basically, the gun generates flame in the fourth dimension, and *usually* it appears roughly where your opponent is standing. Mishaps include fire appearing in totally different spacetime locations (spontaneous human combustion, anyone?)

>The search for curzefag sub edition
>I've not been here the last month or so, work has had me travelling

Where has He Who Shits Up Threads gone???
Truly, this is an Age of Darkness for us all.

Rogue Trader had beakies. Index Astartes had a couple of Mk III or IV samples, some Mk V (without crotch studs, so basically Mk VII with a studded pauldron), lots of Mk VI (including for the WS and SW entries), and Indomitus terminator armor all over the place. Collected Visions wasn't widespread at the time, but it didn't always get it right either (e.g. the beakie Iron Warrior).

GW had a set with past armor marks, but it was hard to find. You were never going to be able to buy 50 sets just to have 50 Mk III or 50 Mk IV marines.

I think the first FW Mk IV upgrade kits came out in 2005-'06, but they were chest and helmet only. There are guides from '05-'10 telling you how to modify your plastic legs to make them look like Mk IV, and recommending that you use Chaos Space Marine backpacks. A few characters here and there (FW and GW) had studded pauldrons so it was common to grab those for characters only. For Assault Marines, FW's Red Scorpions Mk IV upgrade kit still used 40k-style jump packs.

In short, I don't blame anyone for using Mk VII or VIII armor in their pre-2012 pre-Heresy armies.

I'd look through the eldar, deldar and necron books and find the weapon that matches it most in profile and effects.

>ktfo by Lion
>had to pussy out of his fight with Angron
>took heavy losses against the smallest legion when he had the element of surprise and custodes helping
>couldn't even finish the job anyway
>got his shit pushed in by AL and NL
>forgot to show up for the siege of Terra
>mutant geneseed only works on furries

Is there anything Russ was good at, other than being a blowhard dickhead?

If you happen to be playing Chymeriae you could greenstuff some nid weapons fused to their arms.

People keep mentioning these NL but when the fuck did they fight against the SW?

The only engagements we know of are
>purge of loyalist members
>Dropsite massacre
>Thramas
>Sotha
>purge of nostramo
>Terra

I'm going to laugh when Inferno comes out. You Ironfire Riders think you own these threads? Wait until the Corgis and dust bunnies come out to play.

because all of his sons were strength 10. and they single handly killed 2 entire legions, by being strength 10.

Please halt it with the shitty GW artwork.

On a slightly related note; I wonder how the Russ and Magnus profiles will look like

Drinking...

guessing that Magnus will rape nearly everything with his mind bullets and a profile that is a bit weaker then that of some of the smashy primarchs.
Guessing that gets to pick his powers then to roll for it, and prolly have its own discipline as well.

>crazed bezerker wolves with little scene left, more beast than man
>still have time to braid their hair
Well at least they take care of themselves, fucking pansy

My eyes! I wish the Curse of the Old Ones upon you for this vulgar display.
Mags will probably roll on all tables.

I want to get off this ride GW

>Russ
WS8 BS5 S7 T6 W6 I6 A5
Usual primarch rules and rampage. Hatred: characters/traitors

>Magnus
WS6 BS7 S6 T6 W6 I5 A4
Usual primarch rules and psyker ML5. Re-roll failed psychic anything.

Probably something like the above?

This place is going to be hell when Inferno comes out, mark my words. The screams for scans will be horrific.

>roll
Magnus will pic his powers.

They look like goblins. Disgusting.

I know they will. The laughter will be bittersweet.

Even moreso when there's a severe delay.

space wolves will be able to put wulfen on thunderwolves, making them strength D.

fact: the space wolves have shield maidens, because unlike all other astartes, they arent homosexual eunuchs.

You do know they're not mindless right?, Even in wulfen mode they're less crazy than a blood angel succumbing to the red thirst, they're capable of maintaining a conversation, self control, operating complex mechanisms, etc.

>pic

Magnus will just have them all.

All but divination, daemonic and santic

>magnus gets every power
>sister of silence prevents all casting with 24 inches of her

It's dumb how Leman had the Cup of Wulfen, then Jarl Wulfen drank from it and turned into a Wulfen, one of man Wulfen to follow across the wolf-millenia.
It is a nice concept, no mistake...but the way it is executed leaves something to be desired, to say the least. Srsly, the Cup of Wolf turned Mr. Wolf into a Wolf creature when he wanted to join the Space Wolves. WolfWolfWolfWolf, and that's at the very start of the legion history. Congratulations, it's worse than "Hathor Maat"-levels of naming.

Let's get on with it alreadyyyyyy.

before wulfen drank from it, it was actually known as a cup.

>Leave Veeky Forums for several months
>See it's been turned into Iron Warrior central

Excellent

Thousand Sons had Divination (Corvidae)
And Pyromancy (Pyrae)
And Biomancy (Pavoni)
And Telekinisis (Raptora)
And Telepathy (Athanaeans)

He will probably lose a mastery level for each unit with antipsykic in range. Considering in Thousand Sons he was using powers like turning a lake into murder acid that Custodes SW and sisters were walking through

Could someone make a Space Wolf version of the Lorgar meme? Perhaps Bjorn would be good for it.

It's a joke user, because he didn't see coming the mayor fuck up that costed him everything.

It was IW central for years when 30k generals began

Those images are better than the ones I was imagining. Way more alien.
It is entertaining, I will finish it today.
Kek, you even depicted the Alpha Legion spy that got decimated a while ago! In the bitter fortress, the Citric Cage avoiding saying "Lemonhold" lest you try to flay me.

Despite all the Wolfy McWolfWolf stuff, I haven't actually had any problems with SW players in person. It should be even better in 30k since FW says they're deliberately toning that down.

The Blood Angels went through a brief phase after their 5th edition 40k codex (when their Dreadnoughts got Blood Claws and the vampire references were kicked up a notch) but it passed. I'm hoping the same happens with the Space Wolves. A certain subset of non-SW players just won't shut up about them and it's really annoying.

Inferno will fix things and give answers. I mean, weren't the UM pretty much fixed in 30k? The same can happen to the wolves. Make Fenris Great Again, and this thread too as well.

UM were "fixed" by heaping ROMAN ROMAN ROMAN bits everywhere. It's a different story to remove the wolf parts. It's like bizarro world where the SW you want exist in 40k and FW "fix" them by putting them on thunder wolves and sleds

Uhm...errr... T-the wolves will be f-fixed, let's wait until Inferno to make assumptions, guys. I'm not a wolf player, but I sure want to get along with our fellow astartes. Our..."Wolf Brothers®", if you will :^)
Everything will be fixed...it has to be...

>terminator grenade harness is one use only
>SW get back mounted grenade launchers that can fire multiple times

Anybody tried malcadors as heavy support choices? I'm thinking of putting one into my Night Lords list

With the trade-off that they look absolutely fucking retarded.

A big rolling fortress of a tank throwing out a battle cannon shot, demolisher shot, plus whatever you stick into the sponsons is a pretty scary prospect.

Slap on siege armour and a flare shield, and laugh as your enemy ignores your infiltrators in favour of the DISTRACTION MALCADOR rolling towards them covered in spooky lightning and flayed skins.

In a way they weren't fixed, because being given better versions of other legions' special units played to the "UM are Mary Sues" meme. But the fluff was well-written and that's probably what matters.

We just have a lot of whiners. IW have top-tier rules but their players whine about only having unique models for their beep-boops. IF are top-tier but we have people who can't handle painting them. The other top-tier legions, IH and WS, don't have enough players to whine about anything. (Speaking of which - legion power levels could be an interesting conversation.) And here I am whining about whining. I'll stop.

Will the Leman Russ tank be available to the Space Wolves? Was that ever a thing? Why'd they name it after him?

In the old fluff, the SW used Leman Russ Exterminators even in 40k.

If they don't get them directly, you could always take an allied detachment of SA or IM and fluff them out as "Fenrisian Thralls/Fyrd" or something like that.

>Will the Leman Russ tank be available to the Space Wolves?
probably not since FW hates us
>Was that ever a thing?
yes it was
>Why'd they name it after him?
because he is the greatest hero in the imperiums history, the finest warrior who ever lived, beloved by all except foul traitors.

This year's Legiones Astartes book made them viable, but they get pricey if you start replacing the heavy bolters with better weapons and they have half the hull points of the real superheavies (but without upgrades, you can nearly take two for the price of a Fellblade).

I wouldn't take one as your only tank - most armies will take it down easily. If you have a Malcador and a few Rhinos, it might be distracting enough for you to get a good turn of Rhino movement (take survivability upgrades). Take two Malcadors in a squadron and things start getting fun. That's when I'd start paying for weapons upgrades.

You mean Aettguard, they were the VI Legion Auxilia.

Thank you for the correction. I'm not a big VI Legion buff, so I didn't even know they already had an auxilia force in the fluff.

Still like "Fyrd" better, though (even if it is Anglo-Saxon and not muh vikings).

>"Glass Jaw" Russ
>Same statline as Horus

hes going to have powercreep stats.

just like girlyman, shit girlyman can outduel everybody except horus, and even then its close.

>shit girlyman can outduel everybody except horus, and even then its close.
>Meanwhile, Angron wears power armour
This is beyond stupid. It's outrageous.

Does Girlyman outduel Angron? He does 2 wounds a phase.

>Does Girlyman outduel Angron?
yes
plastic demon primarch angron will be broken as fuck tho

Numbers?

Can't decide how to field my Sons of Horus.

Got a Forge World order with my gaming group coming up and I can't decide between getting Land Raiders or Dreadclaws.
Drop lists are great for Sons of Horus but the models are so boring compared to tanks.

What do you guys prefer, Footslog/mechanized with tank support or Drop Pods and Dreadclaws?

>Will the Leman Russ tank be available to the Space Wolves? Was that ever a thing? Why'd they name it after him?

I got a pair of those old things and if nothing else, I'm gonna run them as dakka predators. Thanks to the pintle HB they'll at least get 3 heavy bolters. Maybe whip up a 3rd as a command executioner with a plasma turret.

May the poor Yith be remembered as scientists.

Alien scientists who thought humanity as playthings and snacks, but scientists nonetheless.

Does anyone here actually play Iron Hands? What vehicle gets the most bang for your buck when using Castrmen Orth? Leaning towards a Stormlord at the moment because that amount of dakka is ludicrous.

Perturabo with his Hammer outduels everyone but Horus, actually.

Let's see your Salamanders if you've got them, /HHG/. I'm curious about colour schemes.

no pert loses to girlyman

Makes sense he's the second most expensive Primarch, doesn't it? Yet Guilliman also makes termie troops, has a bs rerollable 2+/4++, which is one of the better Primarch armours, and is almost 100pts cheaper.
Meanwhile, Angron has a stupid 3+ and Mortarion has a regular Artificer + Iron Halo combo.
Hell, even Guilliman's Praetors have a better armour, with FnP included, and Alpharius is immune to rad and poison, while Ferrus is immune to bolters and Vulkan is immune to plasma, and melta guns wound him on a 6+.

Also, Guilliman's bolter is better than Dorn's, and his sword is better than Fulgrim's.

I agree, drop pods aren't as cool as tanks and the FW pod variants are horrible to assemble. Drop lists can be difficult to use, too. If you have to go first, where do you land?

They get bonuses to reserve rolls, drop pod or not, so try to take advantage of that. Jump packs means your reavers count double when it comes outnumbering for whatever that LA (SoH) rule is called. Basically, you still want your army to be infantry-based. I suppose that means Land Raiders work because they're still transports.

fulgrim's shit, dorn is humble, guilliman is THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL

it all checks out, m8

He should follow his - s t o l e n - pseudoTyrants example and be extremely expensive as well.

Nigga they're GREEN

He’s popular in a Sicaran or Predator with the big plasma weapon (tank hunter, after all), but I can see the appeal of a Stormlord.

Based on my experiments rolling dice because I was bored one day, Angron absolutely wipes the floor with Perty. The only ones who really have a chance against Angron are Guilliman (about 50/50), Curze (also surprisingly 50/50ish), Mortarion (because he just doesn't die), and of course Horus. Special mention to Vulkan who also takes forever to die, and Fulgrim who can come close but ultimately ends up lacking. Perturabo, Manus, Dorn, Lorgar, Corax, and Alpharius get utterly destroyed. Lorgar transfigured, however, is pretty powerful if he can get his powers off. Corax really only loses because of his shitty invuln.

This was all based on single combat, alternating who "got the charge" and doing 4 or 5 combats with each one. Not exactly regular tabletop conditions, but it gives a general idea.

>tfw you give ur wulfen rad grenades so t6 primarchs cant take FNP saves against their s10
>tfw with death frenzy they are guaranteed to kill the other deathstar
the best bit is russ making them troops and giving them preferred enemy

>B&C is still down
Sadness.

Wouldnt surprise me if Wolves got russes instead of basilisks/medusa as their artillery option.

You still have us.

I know, but I wanted to ask someone a question.

well, I tried.

Yeah, they're green. But I need a good proper green. Not that shitty GW Warpstone Glow. It looks terrible.

The same way the UM has more access to Damocles Rhinos, the Wolves could probably have more Scorpius Whirlwinds. Then again, Ferrus and Guilliman invented the Sicaran together and nothing happened.
Wolf/10

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

Death Guard vehicle crew power anthem.

Post Legion theme songs

Man. I'd love to add a Dreadnought, some AA, and Iron Havocs to my list, but it just feels perfect and organized, and I don't want to change it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I want to make a proper orbital assault list with fliers but I keep buying tanks.

Iron Warriors.

youtu.be/hbw1pGUhG7Q

>the Wolves could probably have more Scorpius Whirlwinds.

Maybe but I dont think so, they might get russes based on the fact that Forgeworld loves bringing back old stuff.

SW getting IG LRs would be the one quirk the legion needs to feel truly unique and suitably exotic like all FW factions and legions.

Ultramarines trying to restore morale at Calth. m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tdj-L84_8
Autek and his band of merry men or loyalists who decided to out-evil the Traitors m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlcToCFtX4
Blood Angels assault cannon fueled rage m.youtube.com/watch?v=69cqx_lDAWQ
Papa Sang vs Horus m.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3XXGmu-dw

Why is he so perfect?

I dunno. I'd been hoping for the Army I always read about in snippets of fluff over the years. So far it's just 30k Guard.

Death Guard.

youtube.com/watch?v=LlNb78f1xbs

Nice and punchy, survivable and relatively cheap, I have 2 fitted with battlecannons, demo cannons and heavy flamers, they cause a ruckus as cheap linebreakers.

Legion don't need siege armour, as they are already AV 14 front.

So it has. Also not Fast anymore. FW rolling back that build?

I play Iron Hands by the by.

Battlespeed is its own reward.

I love the author's notes at the end of Praetorian of Dorn, especially the part about wanting to write a Horus Heresy novel, and the group of BL writers who already do write them. As if they are a talented and elite circle of literary geniuses. I suppose even rats have a pecking order? I do think Praetorian is my favorite so far though.

would you put Orth in a Stormlord?

>As if they are a talented and elite circle of literary geniuses. I suppose even rats have a pecking order?
kek

it really is hilarious how bad they all are. even listening to BL on tape is painfully bad.

i finished listening to blood meridian, then went back to some BL shit and i could feel my brain cells dying, laughably bad.

Should I build my Imperial Fists toward a Stone Gauntlet or Hammerfall?

Neither seem very good and neither does Dorn to be honest, but IF are my favorite Legion/Chapter so I'd like to use one of their unique rites.

Whats the general opinion of these Rites of War?

Nah, thats a lot of points when you can just SM crew it. And it doesn't make too much use of his Tank Hunters. Better to shove him into a pair of Malcs, giving them both Tank Hunters. Though that is if you aren't being pedantic about 'super heavy tank being distinct from tank' shit.

>Imperial Fists Rites.
Meh. The fists advantage is thier good unique units, wargear and Legio Rules. Not their rites. Generic ones don't suck so have a look at them.

Armored Breakthrough, my friend. Cheap Predator troops, outflanking BS5 Sniper Veterans for elites, and Vindicators with the Fast special rule? Yes please. Only downside is that your transport options are limited to tanks and you can't deep strike infantry. I'm also biased because my Fists are built around that RoW.