Why do the Catachans have so much fucking named characters...

Why do the Catachans have so much fucking named characters? You would think the Vanilla IG (Cadians) would get the most but they only have like 3 Creed,Lukas Bastone, and Colour Sergeant Jarran Kell while the Catachans have Sly Marbo,Sgt Harker,Nork Dedogg,Colonel Straken, and Colonel Greiss.

Other Regiments seem to only get one or 2 I love Catachans but I never thought GW cared for them this much.

Because Catachans are boss as fuck, and arguably the second-most popular IG army besides Cadians.

>Cadians get an updated Command Sqaud
>No Catachans

DAMMIT

God what shitty choice of regiments.

NAM or generic western army.

Where the fuck are my plastic valhallans or armageddon steel legions? Where are my plastic vostroyans?

>Where are my plastic vostroyans?

Then on the other side we got perfect Elysian and death korps models

Forgeworld don't count.

And frankly, I can't stand the Death Korps any more.

>Elysians

The only forgeworld regiment I care about.

I like my vostroying army weighing more than me

Why do you dislike the DKOK, I mean I know their pretty much a meme now, but they are still badass.

id wish Scions get shit.

Like Bikes or special units

They're scions user. No one gives a fuck about "not marines."

If you painted those they're lookin good

If by badass you mean one note and only semi-competent, sure.

Catachans a best

They need more books

Cadians are generic grunt faction. Catachans are AMURICA IN THE FUNCKING 'NAM action heroes faction. Do the math.

Has anyone done a true "americans in 'nam" full of PTSD, LSD and Fragging?

Grimdark is overused, I prefer the other end of the spectrum.

>Implying those aren't best armies

Fuck off, eurofag. If you want dumb overdesigned shit go play eldars.

but they did?

Cadians are soldiers. They've been trained to function as part of the greater unit since they could walk. This training is much less focused on developing an individuals exceptional abilities, as any nails that stick out are likely hammered down for the sake of unilty.

Catachans on the other hand, are trained by surviving on catachan untill they reach the recruitment age. This means they never come into contact with any form of authority beyond their own village community untill they are experienced survival experts with the phisyque of a (poorly) shaved bear, giving them plenty of room (and encouragement) to develop themselves in the way that seems best. This is also why Catachans have so many "accidents" with their commisars, they are used to relying on their own skills, to the point where they develop a individualist streak.

Catachans are more like Rambo clones then general Muricans in 'Nam though. For instance, they can actually survive in the jungle, and they got a love of traps and sneaky tactics that makes them almost Vietcong.

Plus they were featured more than Cadians in 2nd edition

The fuck you on about? The plastic command squads for Cadians and Catachans are the same age.

Wait

Thats considered new? Or anything with plastic is new with tabletop fags?

it literally came out in the same release as the cadian command squad mentioned

Well I feel dumb since I have that one I like to collect Command Squads.

Im pissed at Forge Worlds shitty Elysian command squad I know they are paratroopers but no banner? Really?

Scions are terrible

They are literally just wannabe space marines now

Their banner is actually a parachute. You can only see it when they're deploying.

I like the Armageddon Ork Hunters for the full Fortunate Son experience. Catachans were born for that life, Armageddon soldiers generally weren't, so there's more room for unhinged, broken jungle murderers

More like Alpha Legion sleeper agents

I hate how Elysians have shotgun squads and none for Catachans

They use grav chutes though

I wish GW would release a new sculpted catachan squad with both options for lasguns and shotguns

and new models have las carbines aswell.

Both Elysians and Korps have special lasguns but again muh forge world. and I doubt forge world wouldnt touch Catachans due to them being not largely tank focused

YES

>muh forge world

>love the death korps
>badass soldiers from the distance, but just a bunch of abused broken kids turned into pity fanatics when you look closer
>save money to buy them
>paint each soldier with all the love i can
>everyone refuses to play becase forgeworld.

they are sitting on my table, taking dust while im forced to play with half painted cadians that i hate

kill me

Just play them as normal guard

Cant you just use Cadian rules?

People are always judgmental to play with me since I want to play 3e Catachans rules so im forced to not even use my IG army since I dont have alot of tanks.

The Alphic Hydras part always gets me...

That is awful.

Not really its just my fault for building a really fluffy Catachans army.

I love the fuckers though

I don't see why anyone would have a problem bending the rules a bit playing someone's stuff if it's legit fluff and/or old style.

Hell even if it might be op Id wanna play it just for the variety