Magic The Gathering: low cmc yet over powered

Magic The Gathering: low cmc yet over powered.

Looking for other cards that have a low cmc yet are way stronger than what it should cost. pic related, pretty deviant to what a similar creature should cost. it doesnt have to be creatures, any cards that have a low cmc but have abilities that outclass what the casting cost is.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/220191-gw-hatebears
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/modern-archives/223112-primer-maverick-gw-aggro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

White is the color of efficient weenies.
Green is the color of efficient bombs.

Selesnya is the color combination of super-efficient creatures, full stop. Outside of this (surprisingly weak) niche, it's useless.

i dont care about how good of a card it is, i want to see cards that are overpowered for its casting cost.

You're new, aren't you? Because it seems like you don't even know what "overpowered" means in magic.

Actually overpowered? Power 9. Mana Crypt. Mana Vault. Mishra's Workshop.
Efficient beaters? Just search for creatures used in Selesnya Modern decklists.

God I want a Workshop so bad

I don't understand how they didn't see that being busted as fuck from the beginning

ive been playing for over 15 years im not new. power 9 goes without saying, but im not all that familiar with newer sets. ive seen cards from all types get lower casting costs while having over powered abilities. so instead of criticizing could you maby post some cards that would qualify?

Wizards logic in early days (circa 93): "Let's print some overpowered cards and some very weak cards. It's not like people would have more than 1 or 2 moxes, even if they're lucky. People just like to play the game, not collect and sell cards, right?"

When it was printed there weren't very many good artifacts.

>so instead of criticizing could you maby post some cards that would qualify?

Here lies the problem. ALMOST EVERY creature that is considerated at least acceptable nowadays would fit your criteria since people like to play creatures that passes the vanilla test, at least. And if it doesn't, it MUST have a overpowered ability to compensate.

From Dark Confidant to Baneslayer Angel to Tarmogoyf to Monastery Swiftspear to Delver of the Secrets. All of them fit your criteria and some aren't even being played that much in Modern (like Baneslayer Angel).

You REALLY need to be more specific. Which colors are you playing? Are you building aggro? Control? Tempo?

Of course, since you play for over 15 years, I'm assuming that you at least have an idea of what are those terms that I'm using like vanilla test and stuff like that.

>From Dark Confidant to Baneslayer Angel to Tarmogoyf to Monastery Swiftspear to Delver of the Secrets.

got any more you can name off hand?

Didn't you read what I said? Because I will not simply stay here naming every creature every played on Modern and even Standard for the last 10 years.

i dont think your reading what i said. i dont care about your opinions, your criticism, or your subtle passive aggressive trash talk, im only interested in stand out cards that have low casting cost and that have abilities that make it over powered for what your paying.

>Because I will not simply stay here naming blah blah
then leave lol

Even assuming no power, that's a pretty easy t1 Juggernaut with sol ring.

For someone who "played for over 15 years", you act like a spoiler kid.

Here, just start on these primers and you'll probably get what you want.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/220191-gw-hatebears
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/modern-archives/223112-primer-maverick-gw-aggro

What an unrealistic expectation

You know what? Go crazy

>Spoonfeed me incredibly strong MTG creatures: The Thread
Get bent OP go find them yourself

thank you

at least you tried

Tarmogoyf.
Thought-Knot Seer.
Vendilion Clique.
Goblin Guide.
Polukranos.

So OP

God I wanted this card to pop off in Standard, but alas it is too slow of a format

Look up Maveric and Abzan lists.

This thread is effectively "what are some Magic cards", sans Pepe.

bumping thread. just found this one.

OP is Retarded
his thread is Retarded
OP is bad at Magic

I think OP meant "cards with value" not necessarily overpowered but getting alot out of the mana spent on it

That has been the norm ever since original Zendikar though. I remember when Nighthawk was spoiled. A 2/3 flyer for three wasn't inconcievable at the time, and this one had lifelink *and* deathtouch as well. Absolutely bananas.

Now though, I almost feel a little depressed whenever I see a new 5/5 with upside for four.

You meant a 4/5 with upside for 4. Can't have them dying in combat, user!

Sup.

The silent enabler of FTK

OP's problem is that he's stupid enough that he doesn't understand the answer to his question would be a list of 3-4 THOUSAND cards, and arrogant enough that he talks down to people who try to explain that his question is fucking impossible to answer in any useful manner in a Veeky Forums thread. We could go to bump limit posting cards for him and wouldn't crack ten percent of the undercosted cards in the fucking game because the game has been around for 23 years and has tens of thousands of cards in it.