Best guns in the galaxy

>best guns in the galaxy
>hardest to kill
>don't give a flying fuck about the Warp the are soulless after all

they deserve to win but I bet once GW will End of Times 40K it will be Chaos again because for some reason they have a huge boner for it

Chaos is by far the most powerful so of course it is the end bad guy.

It's also by far the second most incompetent after Orks.

A Necron victory doesn't cause reality to start over so you can retcon everything

Incompetence does not matter to infinite legions of immortal beings from beyond space and time.

It was clear from the beginning, that in the end chaos will win in Fantasy. That has nothing to do with personal boner.

>abloobloo muh Bloodletters

huge fucking deal just shot them

Not after their botched work in storm of chaos.

It kinda does. They wiped out the galaxy then went to sleep so it could regrow.

You'd run out of ammo before long.
Meanwhile the Chaos is still infinite and immortal and from beyond space and time.

Its legions are uncountable but not infinite.

No, infinite.

Daemons are infinite. Mortals followers are countless

As MEQs, the necrons view marneus calgar as their spiritual exemplar, and wish to follow the teachings of the Codex Astartes despite their deviant alien nature holding them back.

> They wiped out the galaxy then went to sleep so it could regrow

Are we being invaded by /b/tards? The Necrons didn't wipe the galaxy. They were chased off to their tombs by the Eldar.

>Eldartards alternative fluff

lmao

Which faction's dedicated fans are the most cringe worthy?

Sister of Battle.

You forgot
>boned by entropy and software bugs

Space Marines

turns out they're the most boring as well.

who knew

Chaos

Chaos is least boring though, they can do anything xenos can do but better. Xenos have no purpose in the narrative because Chaos is the superior villain in every way.

Blueberries

Chaos would be more interesting if Undivided was more fleshed out and stronger, Khorne would be less dickrided as he is by far the most two dimensional and underage tier god and chaos lords had more personality to them than rage which apparently is the only emotion anyone in 40K can feel which also makes Khorne even more fucking pointless.

>Chaos would be more interesting if Undivided was more fleshed out and stronger,

I disagree, undivided was always the shittiest.
At best it's simply generic, at worst it's the kid whose power was to have all the powers.

If chaos is spawned from the collective emotional output of soul carrying species then chaos has the numbers of the galaxy, though probably more just because of dead people and their souls

Can chaos seal off the warp? no

>Can chaos seal off the warp?

Yes.

Then GW should just squat Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Black Legion and Iron Warriors.

>Worse technology than the Necrontyr by far
>Still beholden to the principles of Warp travel
>Incapability in sealing off the Immaterium
>Champions and soldiers slowly break down to be replaced when they inevitably Spawn, die or grow too mentally deficient

Necrons might not be the worst threat to the galaxy, but in any individual engagement they're far more dangerous than Chaos could hope to be except for at the best of times.

I think it's less a question of which faction and more that by virtue of being a dedicated fan, it's embarrassing. It's already kinda strange with football fans, but even weirder when it's about fictional inch high plastic army men.

I don't know shit about Warhammer.

You're telling me they ended the universe? And the bad guys won? That's a bold fucking move.

And they might do it AGAIN with 40K? Jesus they guys really don't give a fuck. I mean, I guess that's in line with the depressing tone of their worlds, but it's still a bummer to think all those games spent fighting for humanity (or whatever space marines fight for) were in vein.

Speaking of which, how are those games? There's like, a third person shooter? And an RPG? And something called Space Hulk that's maybe just a store brand 40K? I'm not sure.

By that logic being a fan of GOT or LOTR is weird.

>>Worse technology than the Necrontyr by far

Warp beats technology, it is corrosive to reality itself.

>Still beholden to the principles of Warp travel

Not really, they can helped places faster by daemons.

>>Incapability in sealing off the Immaterium

They can do this the best, but have almost no reason to ever do so because their primary goal is bringing the immaterium to the materium.

>>Champions and soldiers slowly break down to be replaced when they inevitably Spawn, die or grow too mentally deficient

Vast majority of Chaos soldiers are actually immortal demons who never die or breakdown.

> in any individual engagement they're far more dangerous than Chaos

Nope. Chaos is capable of destroying reality in any engagement, Necrons just kill people for the most part.

There's some aight videogames, Space Marine is pretty decent, the Dawn of War games are alright RTSs, and the upcoming Deathwing game looks promising.

First good laugh of the morning. I raise my Ultramarine (TM) mug to you.

DoW games are not alright they in fact shit all over Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and other meme strategy games where one squad is considered an army.

>Warp beats technology, it is corrosive to reality itself.

Null-technology beats Warp, it tells the Immaterium to get out, seals the veil, banishes Daemons, cuts Psykers off from their powers. Meanwhile, their other technologies allow them to dominate physical engagements, which Chaos don't have a counter for beyond their already countered Warp-shenanigans.

>Not really, they can helped places faster by daemons.

Daemons are unreliable and untrustworthy at best, unless you happen to be one of the few who commands respect from them or dedicate a large portion of resources to ensure stability is maintained. Regardless, Chaos still lose ships to the Warp.

>Vast majority of Chaos soldiers are actually immortal demons who never die or breakdown.

Who require a constant, fluctuating power source for every engagement or slowly weaken and eventually evaporate, particularly when under the effects of a Null-field.

>ope. Chaos is capable of destroying reality in any engagement, Necrons just kill people for the most part.

Kill people because they have no need to break reality. When they do they can, at their best, call upon reliable paradox-free time and space manipulation. They are capable of twisting physics to a point where the AdMech might consider it sorcery, all while being reliable, quantifiable and not prone to wasting resources inefficiently.

The Chaos faggot in this thread better not be the same faglord who shat up the two generals yesterday arguing about why Chaos is the strongest and everyone is jealous of them and how Slaanesh still exists in AoS.

Going by that and this thread, the most cringeworthy fans are obviously Chaosfags.

>Null-technology beats Warp

This is not true. At best it proves annoying, but Necrons have never been able to effectively counter warp spawned powers.

>Daemons are unreliable and untrustworthy

Again it doesn't matter. Even in only 0.00001% of daemons did their job that's infinite daemons.

>Chaos still lose ships to the Warp.

And Necrons to the webway.
Vast majority of Chaos forces don't even need ships.

>Who require a constant, fluctuating power source for every engagement

A power source that continually grows stronger as the veil between the materium and immaterium weakens with every puncture.

>Kill people because they have no need to break reality.

So Chaos is far more dangerous because it breaks reality all the time while Necrons simply kill people.

>where one squad is considered an army

It's the other way around. You can control 400 separate zerglings simultaneously but in DoW those 50 marines are really just five large units. Easy babby mode zero micro.

>This is not true. At best it proves annoying, but Necrons have never been able to effectively counter warp spawned powers.

While counter might be a strong word, Null-fields certainly help in reducing the power the Warp has over the materium, proving a constant obstacle for Daemons, Psykers and reality breaches. This somewhat equalises the playing field on the "my Warp stops your technology," debate, as in all but the most dangerous of incursions (which often requires exceptional circumstances or a huge soul-bearing population) the Immaterium's influence on reality is limited, now even more.

>Again it doesn't matter. Even in only 0.00001% of daemons did their job that's infinite daemons.

I'm not going to argue against the 'infinite Daemons' bit other than it implies the Chaos Gods have infinite power, which makes little sense unless the veil between realities also happens to be infinitely powerful, preventing the Gods from just ripping a universe-sized hole in reality by the click of a finger.

>And Necrons to the webway. Vast majority of Chaos forces don't even need ships.

While true, most Necrontyr processes, including Webway travel are far more reliable and efficient than those utilised by Chaos, mostly due to the simple nature of Chaos itself, which trades effiiency and reliability for sheer reality-breaking potential on almost every level.

And while Daemons don't need ships, they're often highly reliant on mortals to open the floodgates, as it were, with many Chaos-aligned mortals travelling via Voidships.

>A power source that continually grows stronger as the veil between the materium and immaterium weakens with every puncture.

But we're also well aware that every incursion has a certain limit before it waxes and begins falling, Daemons, often, don't just get a stronger foothold with every breach in the average incursion, but instead need to inflict suffering or otherwise harvest psychic energies to increase their presence. Cont.

Making up numbers won't make your claim true, not every DoW army are Space marines from DOW 2, I play with Ultimate Apocalypse anyway so I don't give a fuck nigger.

Tau, for sure. Most believe that it's completely fluffy and fine to bring multiple Riptides.

hate to break it to you but necrons in shield of baal (7th edition) don't use the webway, they use inertialess drives

>So Chaos is far more dangerous because it breaks reality all the time while Necrons simply kill people.

Why would breaking reality be considered more dangerous inherently? It implies a biased understanding of the term 'danger' which often involves correlation to the destruction of an individual, something the Necrons can, and do often perform trivially across entire systems with their virtually unmatched technology and easily accessible WMDs.

Though Chaos has the ability to break reality like a sledgehammer, the Necrons also have the ability to precisely, efficiently and reliably bend reality to their own ends in many cases, far more in these fields than Chaos, though at an admitted cost of less raw power.

>While counter might be a strong word, Null-fields certainly help in reducing the power the Warp has over the materium

Again the warp is infinite in power. Once the hellmaws start to open they're fucked.
The Necron codex even mentioned how Necron technology is ineffective at stifling daemons.

>I'm not going to argue against the 'infinite Daemons'

Good, now we're making progress. Now recognise that finite forces oppose infinite forces in the long term.

> the veil between realities also happens to be infinitely powerful

It is powerful, but it's losing. It's thin and almost at breaking point as the End Times grow closer.

.While true, most Necrontyr processes, including Webway travel are far more reliable and efficient than those utilised by Chaos

Chaos is ultimately guided by the will of the Gods. If they desire a fleet to be somewhere at a certain time then it will be. Even as recently as Traitor's Hate they demonstrated this by making all the Blood Angels arrive simultaneously so that they would a fall into a trap together.

>And while Daemons don't need ships, they're often highly reliant on mortals to open the floodgates, as it were

You've identified the one weakness of Chaos, relatively poor force projection of its mainstay army. Mortal forces are essentially teleport homers for the rest. But now it's too late and the veil of reality is torn to fuck.

>But we're also well aware that every incursion has a certain limit before it waxes and begins falling

Untrue, daemons can be stopped, but left unchecked warp storms can grow and sustain themselves indefinately.

They used it in system, doesn't mean their use of webway no longer exists.

>Why would breaking reality be considered more dangerous inherently?

People live in reality and generally need reality to function correctly.
This is like asking why killing people and salting the earth with plutonium is more dangerous than simply killing people.

Whg would they need to use the webway except for a shortcut when they have inertialess drives? Better yet, why do you assume the didn't use it in interstellar space? Anrakyr would take forever to wake up necron worlds if he had to purely use the dolmen gates, the galaxy is pretty big and not everywhere has dolmen gates.

Honestly I was never arguing against long-term, in which Chaos would win (see my first post), I just feel as if, on average, Necrons would be a vastly more difficult foe to surpass than the average Chaos incursion.

Also, could I get a source on infinite Daemons? Personally I always considered Chaos in 40k as only within the Milky Way and thus obviously limited to the galaxy's collective psychic energies, though such would, in my mind, still render them the most powerful faction.

>Whg would they need to use the webway except for a shortcut when they have inertialess drives?

Inertialess drives are still slow on an interstellar scale.

>Better yet, why do you assume the didn't use it in interstellar space?

They do use it in interstellar space, but it is very slow and so they use the webway if they can.

>Personally I always considered Chaos in 40k as only within the Milky Way

That's wrong, Chaos is not only universal but multiversal.

I don't think you get it but if a body is inertialess then it is massless, they can just accelerate with their super tech and be off, sublight speeds are easy to get to in 40k so they could get FTL easily.

>I don't think you get it

No, I don't think you do.
Necron ships can travel only relatively slowly on a galactic scale without the webway.
Indeed Hammer and Anvil states that Necron ships outside the webway travel at sublight speed.

if chaos is so infinite, why did it sit on it's thumbs while the Eldar gods trolled around? why is the emperor alive? why haven't they won yet?

it makes more sense that chaos has a huge amount of power, but still has it's limits. "infinite daemons" probably refers to them being uncountable, and able to regenerate, not being literally infinite.

Yes, but could I get a source as to why the assumption is wrong? Just so we're on the same level here before the discussing continues.

Hammer and Anvil is older then Shield of Baal, not 7th edition.
If necrons were sublight then there'd have to be tons of Dolmens but there aren't, imotekh, who has the largest territory, only has 6 iirc, and it would take hundreds of years to reach one, if evenly spread.

7 answers, all diffrent

>Yes, but could I get a source as to why the assumption is wrong?

Read some Chaos fluff.
There is no fluff ever saying Chaos is limited to the galaxy.
However if you just read the codexes very soon you'll see Chaos has great reach.

>Hammer and Anvil is older then Shield of Baal, not 7th edition.

Shield of Baal does not say how fast the Necrons were going though, only that they were very fast. Hammer and Anvil still stands.

>and it would take hundreds of years to reach one, if evenly spread.

GW is not very good with scale, the Tau were also directly said to be sublight. That doesn't change the fact that they're sublight though.

>Read some Chaos fluff.

I am, and while there's nothing stating Chaos is limited to the galaxy explicitly, I'm having a hard time finding something stating the opposite (outside of AoS). Personally, considering the galaxy's history seems to be closely interlinked with the creation of the Gods themselves and their apparent lack of power at ancient times, I feel as if it's simply logical to presume they are made of, and are limited to the Milky Way's psychic state.

>I am, and while there's nothing stating Chaos is limited to the galaxy explicitly

Nothing at all.
Nothing explicit.
Nothing implicit.

>I'm having a hard time finding something stating the opposite

Khorne's multiversal roars? Tzeentch hearing the wishes of every being in the universe? The simple existence of both the 40k universe and Fantasy universe?

>I feel as if it's simply logical to presume they are made of, and are limited to the Milky Way's psychic state.

Stop feeling and start reading.
If more people actually read the fluff rather than just repeating memes they heard on Veeky Forums then discussions would be much healthier.

Gonna go with Sisters. Irrelevant faction that a few vocal die-hards are still holding onto. I've never seen hardly any discussion on them outside of Veeky Forums.

Nobody cares about them but their few fans will not stop bitching.

Nope, Hammer and Anvil doesn't still stand because Inertialess Drives don't work on sublight travel, the necrons could already achieve a percentage of lightspeed when they were known as the Necrontyr, they were then in stasis for tons of time.

Now, if they were actually still doing that then they wouldn't be able to keep together their fucking dynasties and faster races would just exterminatus their tomb worlds because reinforcements would come too late.

They don't do this, also during the Cryptus Campaign, in Shield of Baal, the necron ships just fly away from the explosion of a gas giant that just kind of blew up a tyranid fleet, strangely enough this didn't exactly take that long to do even though it still takes several hours for light to leave a star system, this means the necron ships must have been moving at FTL since the Starflame that blew up the gas giant was a necron weapon that channeled star energy or some shit

Also the inertialess drive in 40k canon is interstellar, if it moved at the speed that a laser sail could then it's just a stellar-tier propulsion method and not for use for galactic travel.

>Nope, Hammer and Anvil doesn't still stand

It does, and you being frustrated and making suppositions does not change that.

>Khorne's multiversal roars? Tzeentch hearing the wishes of every being in the universe?

The amount of necessarily metaphorical themes in Chaos fluff is staggering beyond belief. A realm of no shape, matter or space is constantly referred to as if a slightly shifting plane of islands and stone walls. Tzeentch is proclaimed to be the creator of all psychic powers even though such existed before he was first created and spread throughout the timeline. It is claimed to be of no space or time despite clear correlations, if malleable to those in realspace from Warp travel to a series of events in Warpspace and beyond.

The problem isn't in what's on the page, it's that, especially for Chaos itself, what's on the page is prone to metaphor, narrator or author bias and attempts at categorising the unknowable into words. This happens all the time even outside of Chaos fluff, but is more prevalent there.

And before I am called out on sample bias or simply interpreting it wrongly for my own gain, consider how the infinite Chaos theory not only debunks much of the efforts of the Eldar and Imperium, but also forced 40k into a state of 'Chaos is going to win, everyone else is retarded or holding on but it doesn't matter because Chaos literally cannot lose.'

>I DON'T LIKE THE FLUFF

Tough noogies.
Now you can feel free to ignore it, but if you do so in my presence I will correct you to the best of my ability.

>40k into a state of 'Chaos is going to win, everyone else is retarded or holding on but it doesn't matter because Chaos literally cannot lose.'

This is grimdarkness. Man will drown in his own sins.

>Implying it's a 'I don't like the fluff'

No, what I said was correct. The Warp has been stated to have no space or time, but correlates with space and time in realspace in relatively malleable terms. Tzeentch was created long after psychic powers existed, but was apparently the creator of them all. A realm without shape or matter is described sometimes as a realm of stone and physical bodies.

Chaos fluff is necessarily metaphorical by nature.

>This is grimdarkness. Man will drown in his own sins.

An assertion of 40k's intentions by your own understanding of the term 'grimdark' does not make it a reality. Unless you can prove to me or find implications that the writers only write Xenos and the Imperium in order to show something that Chaos will inherently destroy.

>hur dur DoW2 lets you control five tac squads
>DoW1 micro is way more intense than SC
>hurr nigger dun know bout mah unofficial mod

Fuck off dipshit. It was spelled out plain as day. You tried to claim DoW took more skill than SC: it doesn't.

Can't even push a proper argument now even though a few conditions for the necrons moving at FTL had been met, they literally can't be sublight unless they operated slower then pre-warp humanity, which they don't.

No amount of nay-saying will make it otherwise, the inertialess drives were retconned by the time 5th edition was around, which was also when your book was relevant. They returned in 7th edition and there's no reason they won't be back to normal. Cry more faggot.

>Tzeentch was created long after psychic powers existed, but was apparently the creator of them all.

Does not follow linear time.

>A realm without shape or matter is described sometimes as a realm of stone and physical bodies.

Physicality is a projection of human consciousness.

>An assertion of 40k's intentions by your own understanding of the term 'grimdark' does not make it a reality. Unless you can prove to me or find implications that the writers only write Xenos and the Imperium in order to show something that Chaos will inherently destroy.

They wrote the setting to sell models, that's why they write everything.
But the setting coined the term grimdark because it is supposed to be largely bereft of hope.

>Can't even push a proper argument now

My argument is complete fact.
Necrons travel at sublight speeds outside the webway until officially stated they travel light speed or faster.

>My argument is complete fact.
>Necrons travel at sublight speeds outside the webway until officially stated they travel light speed or faster.
Inertialess drive works as it used to unless stated otherwise, inertialess drives aren't sublight by their nature. Sublight would require them to just thrust up and sit in stasis for hundreds of years, faggot.
Your argument is not fact.
Prove to me that inertialess drives are different from what they were before.

>Does not follow linear time.

And yet he did not exist to influence non-linear time, as the Warp as it was initially was calm and mirrored reality before the War in Heaven. He created powers not only before he existed, but without his own existence being a possibility by the Warp's nature at the time.

>Physicality is a projection of human consciousness.

Sometimes it is described without a Human narrator or through such eyes. Yet still, if physicality is projected by Human consciousness in a realm without physicality, then who is to say causality is not also? At which point the whole thing breaks down into metaphor or pseudo-truth.

>But the setting coined the term grimdark because it is supposed to be largely bereft of hope.

Yet this lack of hope does not simply originate from Chaos, but from the encroaching Tyranids, the Orkz and the Necrontyr. To simply say Chaos wins would, as (potentially you) said earlier in the thread somewhat devalues, if not completely removes the necessity of factions within the narrative.

>Inertialess drive works as it used to

Inertialess drives work within the framework of Necron lore, which says sublight without webway.

>Prove to me that inertialess drives are different from what they were before.

Before they could be used to cross the galaxy in the blink of an eye. Now they are obviously much slower.

But they used inertialess drives in the 7th edition codex and they went out of systems without the use of any dolmen gates.
Inertialess drives are not sublight unless they keep their velocity at that.
You do not have proof.

Obviously not infinite since they rely on emotion.

>And yet he did not exist to influence non-linear time, as the Warp as it was initially was calm and mirrored reality before the War in Heaven.

From the perspective of mortals.
But Chaos has always existed since it at one point came into existence.

>Sometimes it is described without a Human narrator or through such eyes.

It is always described to humans though.

>Yet still, if physicality is projected by Human consciousness in a realm without physicality, then who is to say causality is not also?

Physicality is just imagined, a context for mortals to see it through. It is not enforced on the warp.

>Yet this lack of hope does not simply originate from Chaos

No, but an undefeatable enemy embodies it.
Chaos is that enemy whether you like it or not.

>But they used inertialess drives in the 7th edition codex and they went out of systems without the use of any dolmen gates.

I never said that they cannot be used out of systems.
Just that they are very slow which they are.

So just to clarify, Dolmen gates are needed for speed, Inertialess drives are sublight and slow as fuck on an interstellar scale.

>Just that they are very slow which they are.
You have no proof that they are different, you claimed.
Inertialess drives are not sublight because they are inertialess.

It does not make sense in the story or the setting, why the fuck did you think they changed it?

>You have no proof that they are different, you claimed.

But they are different.
In the 3e Necron codex inertialess drives crossed the galaxy in the blink of an eye.
In Shield of Baal they are much slower.

This fits in line with Necron fluff were they need to use slow ships, sublight speeds, if not for the dolmen gates.

>From the perspective of mortals.

From the perspective of fluff and causality, unless the Chaos Gods do not just break reality with their influence, but break all of reality by simply existing and breaking the chains of cause and effect. Even then, the Crystal Staff speaks of a literal crystal staff and all powers, implying that mental impulse is no longer the source of Psykery, but rather some unknowable sorcerous incantation or rite implanted by the staff.

>It is always described to humans though.

If you are referring to the fluff, then you are actively admitting that physicality is projected by the writers to the page in a realm without physicality. The Warp too, has been described as without causality, and therefore every action or reaction has also been put onto paper to try and describe something to the readers, with only a hint of truth.

Example: "Khorne's roar through the multiverse." Well, the writer wrote roar to bring physicality a process in a way Humans could understand, metaphor, so why should the same not be true of everything else that the Warp supposedly does not have?

Of course I could have completely misunderstood your intent with that one at which point I apologize.

>No, but an undefeatable enemy embodies it. Chaos is that enemy whether you like it or not.

An undefeatable enemy does embody grimdark, but it does not have the same effect when so many can align themselves with this faction in their interaction with the universe. There are many who dislike the Imperium or would rather see Chaos win, to these individuals 40k is a power fantasy and the complete opposite of grimdark in some viewpoints.

>But they are different.
>In the 3e Necron codex inertialess drives crossed the galaxy in the blink of an eye.
>In Shield of Baal they are much slower.
>This fits in line with Necron fluff were they need to use slow ships, sublight speeds, if not for the dolmen gates.
They used their inertialess drives to escape an explosion that burned tyranids on several worlds and in space, in less then 5 minutes.
You know what this means? It means that they went at FTL in order to escape the damage of their superweapon.
This would also assume that they actually went interstellar mode inside a system when they did not need to.

>infinite beings from beyond space and time
this is why I hate Chaos

because there is no winning, and I don't need every story to end in a happy ending but it's just not feasible. It's like trying to beat God or the Devil. There is literally no point in trying at all.

Do you wanna build some pylons?~

Also it takes 8 minutes for light to reach the earth, the necron ships were either sitting at the edge of the system (by the tomb world) or at one of the rocky worlds.
The tomb world was attacked by tyranids before anyway so chances are they were holding off a tyranid fleet there and had no reason to fuck around in the middle of everything.

>From the perspective of fluff and causality, unless the Chaos Gods do not just break reality with their influence, but break all of reality by simply existing and breaking the chains of cause and effect.

They do. Chaos, once existent always existed. Slaanesh may have been born at M30, but has in fact been around since the beginning of everything.

>the Crystal Staff speaks of a literal crystal staff and all powers, implying that mental impulse is no longer the source of Psykery, but rather some unknowable sorcerous incantation or rite implanted by the staff.

The staff is a story, matter does not exist in the warp.

>Of course I could have completely misunderstood your intent with that one at which point I apologize.

The point is there's nothing physical in the warp, it's a realm beyond the physical. When a mortal sees the warp he is not actually seeing the warp, just a landscape that his mind creates because his senses have no frame of reference for the place. In the warp there is no space or time, so the mortal mind invents it, though it remains an illusion.

> but it does not have the same effect when so many can align themselves with this faction in their interaction with the universe. There are many who dislike the Imperium or would rather see Chaos win, to these individuals 40k is a power fantasy and the complete opposite of grimdark in some viewpoints.

No sane individual would genuinely side with Chaos. If they want Chaos to win it's because they like playing the bad guy.

>You know what this means? It means that they went at FTL

Nope, as we're given a hard limit at sublight.
What you've just encountered is GW's lack of scale and perspective.
You'll have to get used to it.

But again, if they escaped in five minutes that's significantly slower than crossing the galaxy in the blink of an eye. They are different.

>Nope, as we're given a hard limit at sublight.
before inertialess drives were reintroduced
>What you've just encountered is GW's lack of scale and perspective.
stop handwaving faggot
>You'll have to get used to it.
stop handwaving faggot
>But again, if they escaped in five minutes that's significantly slower than crossing the galaxy in the blink of an eye. They are different.
No, they kept up with and escaped an explosion that engulfed most of the system in a few minutes, since it takes 8 minutes for light to reach them it would have had to moved at FTL to reach the tomb world to begin with. This is means that necrons aren't sublight, they are FTL, which means that their ships might as well be as fast as they were before 5th edition, keep in mind that two necron overlords were phased back to their tomb world as this happened so the ships never had reason to just leave the system right there.
We know they left, eventually, but none of that is written because it cuts to Dante and some Sanguinor.
Fuck off you dumbass heretical little shit, learn some critical thinking please.

>No, they kept up with and escaped an explosion that engulfed most of the system in a few minutes

Far slower than original inertialess drives.
The Tau were given sublight capability in their codex yet they still had interstellar capability.
GW is not good with scale, but this is still canon.
Necron only achieve sublight without dolmen gates, and this stands until we are directly told that they have ftl capability.

So people think Necrons, Orks or Demons are the top contenders for Galactic Domination/Victory.
Remind me why we always forget about the 'Nids?
They are the #1 force capable of fucking over Chaos. Being near a Nid is like Krypronite to Superman for all kinds of Demons, even the Greater ones. Infinite forces can't do shit when you keep getting sent back to the Warp before you can so much as explode a Guardsman every time you materialize.
We've already seen why Nids and Orks aren't a problem. Both sides win, but Nids win more because they get to reconstitute both sides of the biomass heavy armies. What you get is a never ending war that spews out top tier Orks and Nids to wreck havic elsewhere.
In a straight up vs, Nids get stomped by Necrons. Good thing Nids outnumber Necrons, like they do everything else. There aren't enough skellies to protect every planet in the Galaxy, so the bugs just eat around the few planets the necrons do set up shop on and go on their merry way, leaving an almost empty, soul-less galaxy in their wake. So I guess its another win-win scenario?
If you think the Imperium, material forces of Chaos or one of the lesser races like Eldar or Tau even registar as a hors d'oeuvre on the galactic radar, you're deluding yourself.

Stay tasty, meatfags.

Crons > Tyranids > Chaos

>heavy micro
>strategy

pick one

This.
If there are no more mortals to feed those "infinite" daemons, they'll starve. As long as the lesser races keep throwing themselves like lambs to the slaughter, the Necrons will no longer be able to hold them back.
You guys forget, every other races' victory condition is an if... then statement
If the Necrons unit, then they win
If Chaos kills the Emperor, then the warp will overtake reality and they win
If the Eldar make Ynead, then they win
This isn't true for the Tyranids. They win the moment the main fleet arrives. The rest of the galaxy will be overrun, the Shadow in the Warp will start closing the warp storms and daemons won't be able to manifest and they will starve. For the Tyranids, their victory is an inevitability, not a mere chance.

By your logic the imperium can't travel in the warp because they move at sublight speeds in realspace.
Do you think that the inertialess drive automatically makes it so you teleport somewhere? You just get no inertia and no mass, it means that you can basically accelerate and accelerate with no actual consequences.
>muh sublight speed
doesn't matter because they have completely different methods of traveling now, if you were intelligent you'd obviously grasp this, they use a completely different way of traveling now.

>Chaos
>Capable of launching offensives on other universes while remaining secure in their own

>Everyone else
>W-we could maybe defend ourselves against Chaos for a little while

Chaos is playing at a higher level.

Hell, to make an even better example of your "logic"
the necrons don't have their inertialess drives working like they did before the 5th edition because they don't teleport across the galaxy in an eyeblink in all situations because the necrons might blink into a system that's only a light year away.
Hive Fleet Leviathan fought against a major demonic incursion with multiple greater daemons and won because it had a shadow in the warp that fucked the daemons in the ass.

Dark Angels
Black Templars (we used to be a faction!)
Sisters of Battle
Tau
Orks (I hate being WAAAGHed at)
Chaos (GW loves us fluffwise the most but our rules aren't the best :c)
Eldar (GW hates us fluffwise the most but our rules are the best :c)
Tyranids

Pretty much keep going until you get every faction in there.

>By your logic the imperium can't travel in the warp because they move at sublight speeds in realspace.

That's not my logic at all though.
The Imperium has two systems of travel.
Warp drives, which enables them to quickly cross interstellar distances, and real space drives in which they travel at sublight speeds in systems.

>Do you think that the inertialess drive automatically makes it so you teleport somewhere?

Necron ones yes, they were said to let Necron ships cross the galaxy in the blink of an eye. That is near instantaneous. Necron drives in Shield of Baal were much slower.

>doesn't matter because they have completely different methods of traveling now

Nope, they still have dolmens and their slow going ships for when dolmens are not available.

>Hive Fleet Leviathan fought against a major demonic incursion with multiple greater daemons and won because it had a shadow in the warp that fucked the daemons in the ass.

The Hivemind countered that incursion, but has failed in others. Daemons have been known to manifest directly within Hiveships and tear them apart.
Again, everyone else can maybe stave off Chaos for a while, but Daemons keep attacking and eventually win.

>Chaos (GW loves us fluffwise

Chaos always loses fluffwise.
They are the big bad, but they lose all the time because they are essentially immortal so losing doesn't really matter as much for them as others.

Do you think necron ships don't have the ability to travel at all without using inertialess drives? Do you think inertialess drives don't have a set speed and just go wherever in an instant?
Your canon is 2 editions old and there's nothing to disprove that the inertialess drive is different from before aside from the fact that they moved in-system to escape something... OH WAIT, it was in FTL!
I'll discard everything you say from now on, invincible ignorance.
Again, why do you think they reintroduced inertialess drives? Necron ships just sitting in space for shit to pick them off, as if they were some pre-warp humanity-level civilization is not reasonable, especially with how they just appear here and there and all over the place.
People like Ankrayr would never have been able to move from the Tau empire to the Cryptus system in 200 years unless there were dolmen gates literally everywhere at every system but the Imperium doesn't contain literally thousands of these, so no.
Argument discarded.

>Do you think necron ships don't have the ability to travel at all without using inertialess drives?

I know that Necron ships travel at sublight speeds without dolmen gates.

>Argument discarded.

You can discard canon all you wish, but you won't stop being wrong.