Character art thread: level 1

Looking for newbie adventurers and adventurer parties

You know the type, secondhand leather armor, maybe a dented breastplate at the most, simple weapons, a look of wonder at best or helpless confusion at worst

Sword doesn't work, but the outfit does

It's a Weapon of Legacy greatsword she got handed down as a family heirloom. Problem is, she has like, 12 Strength.

Yeah, I'd let a level 1 player with crap strength have a +1 Greatsword unpowered WoL just for the lulz.

Can't tell if this is a boy, or a flatchested girl, and DESU, I don't care; it isn't gay if it's an elf.

Newbie adventurer: didn't say it couldn't have Level Adjustment!

>Newbie adventurer: didn't say it couldn't have Level Adjustment!
Well shit, ya got me there

Have another LA'd Level 1 Adventurer.

Blue board m8.

Humans are OP, what with a free feat and skill, they should have an LA, right?

Oh noes, a pair of low-res, non-sexualized nipples, YOUR CHILDHOOD IS RETROACTIVELY RUINED AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT I AM A CHAOTIC EVIL MADMAN!

Bard? Sorceress with a pyromania fetish? You be the judge.

Wizard? Favored Soul?
Why not both? It said level 1 adventurer, never said it couldn't be a Gestalt game!

Maybe more people would play orcs if more orcs would look like this. Dumpstat: Not Charisma.

I don't know why, but I want to waifu her so much.

Oh, wow, I didn't realize there was another half to that image.
I like Spearwoman A, the random, well-equipped but unknown spearwoman. I wish one of my players would play her.

Lotta bleed over with my Rangers folder, it seems

The look of dogged determination, despite a clear lack of experience?

I swear, half my games I end up playing a random rank-and-file soldier that accidentally gets separated from their army. It's good stuff.

Not exactly. To me, she doesn't look quite sure what she's gotten into, maybe she's a little afraid, but she's sure as hell not running from it.

Plus, the incredibly sensible armor and tomboyish face turns me on a lot.

Man, I'd love to see an R63 version of generic Swordsman Gamma here.

Waifu? Dunno, but I'd sure as hell love to see a player play her.

> Level 1 Adventurer
Starting your players out as slaves who need to figure out a way to gain their freedom would be a bold move...

this looks familiar

>Level 1 druid

Heh. I recall a storytime someone on here posted about their near-epic level game. As in, youngish dragons were being used to deliver low-level adventurers to the battlements as CANNON FODDER near-epic, the players were going all Helm's Deep.

One of the player's characters bought it, and he told the GM to just give him the character sheet of one of the mook spearmen who was fighting as cannon fodder on the player's side, and somehow wound up surviving. Despite the GM expecting that it was just a temporary thing for the end of that battle, come next session, he'd rebuilt the spearman using PC rules, and grabbed a +1 spear off one of the dead mooks, and went charging down the stairs to the throne room with the party of adventurers.

> Level 1 Adventurer
I'm bending the rules a bit, even with an LA, I think she's probably Level 2 or 3.
What do you suppose the LA on a Spess goat is, anyway? For that matter, what's their stats; they'd have to have Powerful Build at the very least.

Chainmail Shirt, Light Mace... Level 1 Paladin/Cleric detected!

Hey guis, look what I found! Mialee without her "Cricket Hybrid" mutant race. Probably because she couldn't afford the LA in a level 1 game.

Level 1, but in a social-focused game where all the characters are winged races?

>Select all the cars.
Silly captcha, neither a crossover, a sport-utility vehicle, nor a pickup truck, is a car.

Talk the GM into letting you spend your first level feat for a pile of extra cash -> spend it all on a Courtier's Outfit and a Masterwork Quarterstaff you plan to keep with you until you turn it into a Staff of the Magi in fifteen levels' time.

Come on, I can't be the only one who has good art that can be a newbie adventurer.

I'll bite.

Larisa, was once a simple farm girl, seized from her village by a band of raiders. She grew up as a toy for the bandits who had taken her, and one of them decided to teach her to fight for a laugh.

Then she showed them she could kill, and they didn't laugh any more. They didn't come for her at night either; not after they saw what she did to the people who resisted them. "Great fighter," they said. "But absolutely fucked in the head."

It was better to hurt than be hurt. It was better to kill than be killed. She believed that, right until she came to a village much like her own, and she met a frightened little girl, much like how she had been when she had been kidnapped herself.

Something broke inside her, and instead of joining in the plunder, she grabbed the girl and ran into the woods. Her comrades were still leery of her, so she was free to run and run and run until she encountered a patrol of Iomedan crusaders. Larisa begged them to take the child, and when they asked her about how she had come to meet the girl, she told them everything.

She vomited it all, years and years of backed-up filth inside her heart, and when it was done, she wondered why she was still alive. The stone-faced holy warrior who took her impromptu confession looked at her gravely and said, "Well, you've done a lot. And there's lots more to be done."

Larisa didn't understand. Was she not to be punished? She'd done all those terrible things, even knowing what it was like to be on the receiving end... didn't the Inheritor preach a doctrine of unyielding justice?

To which he replied, "Dear girl... if you're going to insult me, you'd best start by getting my faith right. I worship the Dawnflower, not the Inheritor. And the first thing we're going to start with is to have you study The Birth of Light and Truth."

Larisa had that same baffled look on her face as she went through a gruelling regimen of atonement, study and training in order to enter Sarenrae's service. When the day finally came to take holy orders, she nervously asked, "What if I'm not worthy?"

"Who knows if any of us is worthy?" replied her mentor. "We just try my best and hope that we are."

And so, we have Larisa - novice paladin of Sarenrae. Still afraid, still unconfident... but courage is the mastery of fear, and confidence is born of the will to succeed.

And she will not be found wanting.

>DM: "Roll Nature.
>Druid: "Um...3."
>Fighter: "Seriously?"
>Druid: "I don't get a lot of skills! I wanted more useful stuff!"
>DM: "Well, congratulations. Your dogged pursuit of mastering athletics and perception has left you with no earthly idea what seasons are."

I'm just saying it's a blue board, meaning the image will probably be wiped. You're not engaged in the defense of some war against sexuality en total here, lad. Calm your tits. Though personally I don't find a picture of a succubus useful for the OPs prompt.

The neverending battle between practicality and fluff rages forever!

Full disclosure, I play a barbarian with no ranks in Survival.

Hrm..... Not bad! 7.8/10 would smite evil and ignore vows of chastity with.
(Screw vows of chastity, they stupid.)

Ah-hahahahaaaah! Sadly, this is all-too true. You can know, or do, but unless the DM has a clue beaten into his head, a character can't really do both.

> Level 1 Adventurer
Somebody's starting a Stormwrack campaign! (Look closely, there's no nips or anything.)

*grmbl.* Stupid blue board rules. There used to be a time when innocent nudity in otherwise on-topic threads was permitted. There used to be a /wst/. Why do we even have blue boards, this is fucking Veeky Forums. Anybody who works anywhere with an IT department and Veeky Forums.org comes across IT's desk is getting b& from work, and arguments like "I was only browsing Veeky Forums, it's a blue board!" will fall on entirely deaf ears.

That, and I have the Tomorrow style engaged, so I can't tell blue from pink from shitstain brown boards.

Feels bad to have to be a half elf and take hermit/folk hero just to feel like you're not missing critical druid skills.

If you don't like it, write a letter to Hiroshimoot.

And I'm saying that's absurd, since even the Monster Manual has that level of nipplage in it.

Aye, it's a frustrating thing, is it not? Being given about a quarter as many skill points as you need to be able to do all the things a character absolutely must be able to do on pain of not being able to survive/continue the adventure if they can't, the things that a character of that type SHOULD be able to do, and knowing the things they should be able to know.

> Level 1 Adventurer
Low-level Cleric given a nice dress? Perhaps an enchanted robe?
One wonders what patron provided her with such nice threads, and what, ahem, favors, they're demanding from her. Judging by that "somewhat nervous, somewhat excited, all fluttery" look on her face, she knows damn well what's expected of her, and isn't sure how to feel about that.
Would your character(s) put out if it meant getting ahold of some resources which are beyond their wealth by level chart, or making alliances with more powerful characters?

Not pictured: 5 seconds later, the drow on the floor of the cavern, clutching her eyes in screaming pain at having looked directly at the sun after it is already well into the daytime sky, while her quaggoth friend (long story) looks on.

>Drow monk: "WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO LIVE ON THE SURFACE?!"
>Quaggoth friend: "Because you have arachnophobia."
>Drow monk: "...wait why did you say that?!" *blinking rapidly as she glances around, trying to get her vision back* "There aren't any spiders here, are there?!"

Languages: Common, Squirrel

>she

Awh, SUCK IT UP ya LITTLE BOY! You gonna let a piddling thing like the SUN get you down? You're a MONK! Pick your ovaries up off the floor, get out there, and put that "All Saves Good" to good use!

Level 1 Barbarian Bitches: Ain't got the money for armor, ain't got the prudishness to cover their tits with anything less protective.
Because if a bare chest is good enough for Conan, it should be good enough for Conana.

>The best offense is a good defense

That just makes it even better.

When we made characters based on ourselves in Scion once, our GM gave extra dots of stuff to reflect knowledge that we might have. I generally lowballed myself so I didn't have to draw on it, though where I had extra points I took pains to make myself Kratos the Underwear Model.

I bought a chain shirt and styled it as a Red Sonja style chainmail bikini.

"But what about the chafing," you ask. DR/- BITCH

>DM: "Okay, no. Your backstory is that you've been stranded on this island for years. You look like a ragged mess, your clothing and hair are filthy and your legs are hairy."
>Player: "No I don't, and no they aren't."
>DM: "How."
>Player: "Prestidigitation."
>DM: "...you're still completely insane."
>Player: "Oh, absolutely. As the first people I've seen in a year make landfall on the beach, I shout 'GET OFF MY LAWN!'"

I want to steal this look for my swashbuckler magus. Unfortunately she's an elf and that guy isn't nearly fruity enough for that.

>all the filenames are left-aligned instead of center-aligned now
Dammit Windows, I'm annoyed enough to shitpost about this but not enough to actually do anything about it.

I am like, 85% sure that's a girl, dude.

Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.
2. To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself. [That is, of course, by a mistake on the enemy’s part.]
3. Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, [Chang Yu says this is done, “By concealing the disposition of his troops, covering up his tracks, and taking unremitting precautions.”] but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.

Skill level: WIZARD

Aye. I had to look twice, and I am only about 65% certain that is a chick. The filename of "Rapier Lady" accounts for about 15% of that.

> Level 1 Tiefling Rogue
Leather armor can be made both practical AND sexy! It's just not easy.

Jesus fuck someone get that man a codpiece or at least a loin cloth. My god that's going to be an arrow/bolt/club/mace magnet.

Why is the sword bended like that?

Mind. Blown. And here I always thought she was supposed to be a really convincing disguise by a Thri-kreen...

Holy crap, she's actually attractive... like Arianna in the later artwork for Exalted 2e.

Owl

Artificer, I imagine.

Because there ain't literally nothin' straight about that Elf.

Nah, it's a fuck-ugly beastmeld template. :P
I KNOW, right? THAT is what an elf chick should look like.

I swear to Eilistraee, it's like they told the artist for 3.5 to intentionally make the most iconic elf chick as ugly as possible for $REASONS.

At least, I hope it was intentional, and not a case that the artist genuinely believed Mialee was attractive as originally drawn.

Speaking of low-level elves...
> Level 1 Elf Swordsage.
Because fuck Fighter and all its epic shittery, fetch me my Book of Weeaboo Fightan' Magic!

Would you play a party of 4 octopi traveling the lands for wealth and glory?

W-What? I've always thought that that's a man.

The most accurate description of coming up with a new character that I've ever seen.

Mialee actually looks like what a Cha-dumped mage would resemble.

Also, Bloodrager (high Str and Cha)

It's new name is Rapier [Something] since it's up in the air at this point.

Fucking hax! EIGHT manipulator limbs? No way that's a +0 LA!

Charisma ≆Appearance.
(In case you're wondering, that character, U+2246, is Unicode for the character of "Approximately But Not Actually Equal To," so you don't have to ask "what's that symbol mean?")

> Level 1 Adventurer
How could I forget this raggedy looking bitch about to throw down?

Elves, level 1 Monk, level 1 Wizard, level 10,000 Weeaboo.