Should Unvidided get retconned? It pretty much serves no purpose anymore

Should Unvidided get retconned? It pretty much serves no purpose anymore.

It serves plenty of purpose. It is a rallying call for those who wish to indulge in chaos for its own sake as opposed to for a specific reason.

If I wanted to do something for shits and giggles I would go Slaanesh.

What if your shits and giggles activities were evenly split between between new experiences and the glory of battle? Sure you could choose just Khorne or just Slaanesh but lets also say hygiene just isn't your thing and you enjoy magic. Why dedicate yourself solely to one of the ruinous powers when you're a cosmopolitan individual?

Because it reduces the chance of ending up as chaos spawn.

Eet khahpchorz zhings fhor Khahyhoss zho.

Not if they fix csm and give them fucking chapter tactics and god tactics on top of that.

Chapter tactics for different warbands.

God tactics for each of the gods and undivided.

The undivided tactic could be like the Ultramarine's chapter tactic, a vanilla yet polivalent tactic that adds versatility

I'm cool with individuals not being Undivided. It just means that you haven't drawn enough attention from any one of the great Powers. It doesn't mean you're not still a follower/practitioner of chaos.

Whereas with factions/organizations, I think they should still be considered Undivided. But what that means is there are individuals within the faction who are focused on an single Power, but that someone or something keeps them working together. Those are aren't focused on a single power just haven't drawn their attention yet.

>It pretty much serves no purpose anymore
Because it has practically already has been retconned

Its also really good for those Chaos forces that swear blind that they're either not corrupted or else using Chaos for its own ends, like the Iron warriors, Night Lords, at least some of the Alpha Legion and 99% of radical Inquisitors. Not necessarily a Mark like a glowing tattoo on your forehead planted there by a demon, but the kind of soul-deep taint that suffuses your being and manifests in your body, armour and mind warping.

It bothers me that GW refuses to fix csm when it's so fucking easy.

Instead they flood the army with special formation rules with traitors hate, which is just a shitty scaffolding of boosts and power ups to hide the fact that csm suck as they come

I really don't understand why GW won't roll with undivided. Sick of having to use Be'lekor to represent a undivided prince for my Word Bearers.

Because Undivded is a gold mine of unique and creative ideas, things that are as much anathema to present day GW as good fluff/ideas

The Chaos Gods are also unique IP. The seething darkness behind reality manifesting in all its glorious forms is one thing, but you can take Khorne Bloodstronauts with Brassofists to court.

Because they refuse to advance any lore on any faction that's already established.

That's why they made up the Crimson Slaughter before adding to the Word Barers, Iron Warriors, Night Lords etc...

It's kinda sad that all these warbands are getting ten times more attention in 30k than in 40k.

New players to 40k might not even know night lords or Iron Warriors even exist

My nigga. I just statted up an Undivided prince for my rpg campaign... I haven't really decided to which legion he belongs though, just that he was a marine at the Siege of Terra

What's his general plan, and how does he go about it? How did he become a demon prince in the first place? Who are his core followers, and how did he get them?

I haven't really gone into that depth with him. Just that he's a prince usually content playing the Great Game in the Warp, but was summoned to this world by a powerful chaos lord to lead a huge counter-attack against Imperial forces. He's going to be the boss of said pitched battle (the party is an Only War Baneblade crew).

So his followers in this case are all the cultists, daemons (including a couple greaters), and tanks given to him by aforementioned chaos lord (Who is Kthelmir the Supplicor of Chaos from CSM 3.5, since I liked his art and he has pretty much no fluff.).

They'll learn.

Chaos Undivided is like Chaos for fedora atheists.

What is with the religious defence force lately, showing up in every 40k thread?
Actually it would be not advancing but going back several editions, to a point when mark of chaos undivided was actually a thing and so were undivided princes.

>What is with the religious defence force lately, showing up in every 40k thread?
What the fuck are you talking about?

There has been a lot of "atheists are fedoras, homos are unnatural" /pol/posting in the 40 k related threads.

>Chaos Undivided is like Chaos for fedora atheists.
No, that's Black Library's Tzeentch champions.