Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: New Blood Edition

So it's been four days since we Evacuated the surviving population of Gyroma, before finally dumping them off on some Agri-world known as Mortiu Prime.

But apparently we're under strict orders to stay in system, and wait for a "Special guest" to show up...

Holy Throne, I hate surprises...
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>closes the door to the interrogation room and cleans the dark eldar blood from his hands
>dresses back in his comissarant trentchcoat and puts his hat on, checking in the mirror to look presentable

..Alouette...Je te plumerai la tete..
>he hurmurs himself a song from his homeworld as he walks down the hallway back to his men

>The announcement prompts sighs of frustration from the Tankers, inaudible as they are over the sound of tools.
You lot can keep your special guest, not like we're in any shape to do bugger all. Won't be for a while neither.
>Churchill and Anya, being the most mechanically inclined of the Crew, are working on picking through the delicate components of the Sensor Suites, to see what can be salvaged.
>Oddball and Rommel, along with some spare Armsmen, are manhandling a new main gun onto the tank to replace the Railgun.
>Irwin is apparently fine tuning some a pair of spare drones.
>And Putin is repairing the drive systems.

>he'd grind his teeth in annoyance
"Why d' we have t' wait for them to come and kill us?"

Guardsman, make yourself usefull and execute the surviving captive and dispose of both their bodies.

>takes his moment to judge the crew and their relationship with the piece of xenos tech

>Malak let's out a sigh.

That's not what the Lieutenant meant, Trooper.

>He'd sadly already have an idea of "who" this guest might be. But his orders are to stay quiet.

>Malak would step forward at this point.

I'm afraid I can't let you so that Commissar. Inqusitorial orders.

>the prisoner sits in the interrogation chamber with his hands cuffed behind a chair

>looks up at the stormtrooper

Documents.

>He'd pull a sheet signed by Inquisitor Ron Laraques from his uniform.
>The documents would be signed and sealed with Inquisition style.

>The Crew have finally managed to get the new main gun onto the top of the Hull, and are setting about mounting the thing.

>The crew seem as fond of the tank as any Tanker in a Russ would be fond of their own vehicle, not because it's Xenotech, but because it seems they see it as their home.
>And......well it is larger, roomier and comfier than the vehicle they had before they acquired it.

>reads them in detail

Tell me trooper, why were you given theese orders over me

>he looks at the stormtrooper

>glances at the mutant of the group

>rings up the vox

Canceling kill order..for now, return to your squad

>He remains emotionless as he responds.

That information is Classified Commissar. Punishable by death. Suffice to say, it is deemed as need to know information.

>he sings, folds the paper and sticks it in Malak's chest pocket

>he tilts his hat back and rubs his eyes for a moment before stepping into Malak's personal space and looking him dead in the eyes

Stormtrooper, i trust you for now. But dont take my trust for granted.

>turns away and returns his focus to the piece of xeno tech

>He nod his head at this.

I wouldn't have it any other way Commissar.

>Anya, currently waist deep in the guts of the Commander's sensor suite seems.....upset, over something, but still, she performs her duties as much as the other Tankers do.
>The items next to her Carbine propped against the hull, an Aquilia, a Primer -In flawless condition too- and a book of Ecclesiarchially approved prayers, don't exactly scream 'heresy' either.

>he gives himself a nod

>proceeds to inspect the rest of the regiment's troops of evidence of heresy

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>meanwhile, in the interrogation room
>the female Eldar's corpse is sprawled across the ground behind the male's chair
>if he can stretch far enough he can reach the knife in her belt

>since the order got canceled, he quckly remembers to secure the prisioner
>he curses under his breath and quickly heads back to the interrogation room

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>he stretches again

>As the "Judgements Teeth" sits in orbit, a Strike cruiser would appear from out of the warp, bearing the mark of the Inquisition.
>Shortly after it appears, one of it's hangers would open up, and A small shuttle would fly out, before making its way through the void, and towards the Judgement. Shortly there after, landing inside one of its hangers.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Fuck fuck fuck fuck
>he reaches one final time

>opens the door and looks at the eldar
Absolutely not

>he takes a sedative from his table of tools and injects it into the alien

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>Before he can use the syringe, the Eldar attempts to headbutt him and grab the knife

>Shortly after landing, the shuttle's ramp would lower, and out would pour a squad of the Inquisition's finest, soon followed by a man bearing the mark of an Inquisitor.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>he drops the syringe, breaking it

>he immediately attacks the eldar with his bare fists

>he'd attempt to approach Anya
"Darling, are you alright? You seem a bit...off today..."

>the Eldar finally grabs the knife while he ducks under Guerre's punch
>he cuts his bindings and holds the blade over the disoriented commissar's throat
You're coming with me to the hangar...

Rolled 5 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>head freezes
>draws boltpistol and fires into the eldar's gut
>bonus for point blank range

>The man, who would appear to be around his early to possibly mid thirties, would glance around his surroundings for a moment, before several of the Scions, including Malak, would make their way towards him.
>After a few moments of talking, the group would depart towards the ships cell blocks. Their objective being the dark Eldar captive.

>"Hrmh? O-oh....um I'm f-fine....or I will be eventually. How a-about you? F-fitting in alright?"
>Anya makes no attempt to repel Kane, occupied as she is, or was, with checking parts, and replacing whatever she pulls out.

Rolled 14 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>the Eldar looks like he's just been punched in the gut, but his armor stopped the bulk of the shot
>he hits Guerre in the face with the knife handle in an attempt to knock him unconscious

>the pissed off comissar is struck hard and he falls on the ground unconcious

>Along the way to the ship's detention block, the Judgements Scions, all of whom were down on Gyroma, would be answering any questions that the Inquisitor would have.
>Eventually, they would make it to the area in which the Sake Eldar was being held captive. Though not to his cell.

"Oh...I...need to go check on the eldar prisoners. I still haven't had my...fun...with them"
>he'd leave
"Why hello the-"

>The Eldar hoists Guerre over his shoulder and heads out into the corridor
Upon seeing Kane, he drops the Guerre on the ground and points his bolt pistol at the newcomer
Hands up.

>"Oh...o-okay...was nice t-talking to you."
>Anya returns to her work, making good progress towards actually fixing the thing.

>After making their way through the ships corridors, they'd finally arrive at holding cell.
>One if the scions would then go and open it.

Rolled 85 (1d100)

>the hit rocks his sockets
>roll to get up

"Why? What happens if i refuse?"

Shit!
>he points the pistol at Guerre
Stay on the floor, mon'keigh!
I kill the commissar here.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>he looks up
How dare you!
>he kicks at the eldar's knee from the front

>The Inquisitor's retinue would hold up their hellguns at the Eldar. Intentions to kill, gleaming in their helmet's visors.
>The Inquisitor meanwhile, would remain rather calm as he stares at the Dark Eldar before him

>the Eldar is put off balance enough that the bolt shell goes into the floor next to Guerre's head
>he decides to cut his losses and run into the next chamber

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Cyber is hard.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

"Oh...d'uhh-AAAAAAAAA"
>he'd start ripping his face off as a distraction
>roll for effect

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>Reaches up to the eldar and attempts to bring him down to the ground

>his head splatters on the floor from the eldar's shot, liberating him from the shame of being used as a meat shield for a xenos

>...where the inquisitor is waiting
Fuck!
>he raises his hands over his head

>The Inquisitor smiles, before walking towards the Xeno before him.
>His face is rather cheerful, and kind looking, as he places a gloved hand upon the Xenos shoulder
>Half a second later, the Xeno would feel something pressed against his gut, followed by a swift, and numbing pain.
>He would recognize this as a poison the Dark Eldar would use to capture unsuspecting query.

>before he falls unconscious, the Dark Eldar Warrior says something
You don't... know who I work for...
No one crosses... Deresar Belk... and lives...

>he picks himself up, leaning on the wall

>becomes alive again

>The man only smiles, before snapping his fingers rather loudly.
>At the sound, the Inquisitors retinue would pick up the unconscious dark Eldar, and would carry him away to be dealt with by their Lord.
>Three of the Judgements Scions would pick up the injured Commissar before them, and would hurriedly bring him to the nearest medicae station. His firm most likely needed minor bionics after this.
>The remaining scion, would lead the Inquisitor away. Interrogations to be done, reports of Gyroma to be read.

Rolled 73 (1d100)

>rolling for bionics quality

>Unseen, a wing of razorwing jetfighters follows Judgement's Teeth through space

>A day comes and goes, with both the Judgement, and what was soon discovered to be the Strike Cruiser known as "The Storm of Sorrows", orbiting the Agri-world known as Mortiu Prime, side by side.
>During this time, very little out of the ordinary happens. With only occasional shuttles being sent back and forth between the two ships.
>Eventually, a meeting in called in one of the hangers.

>stands in the hangar

>his face looks even more grim than usualy

>If the meeting were to be held in the Hanger with the Hammerhead in it, then the Crewmen would be present.....in the room. The meeting they couldn't care less about, fixing the tank is -actually- important.
>If not, then they wouldn't be present at all, since fixing the tank is -actually- important.

>Malak would be lined up alongside the others, awaiting the meeting to happen.

>They are already in the hanger, standing next to the Leman Russ.

>Captain Helmont goes, believing he should know everything that goes on in his ship

>his bionics whizz as he reaches up and fixes his hat before walking off to the tank crew and observing their work

>Once the Majority of the ship's crew had arrived, they would notice a middle aged man, dressed in the garb of an Inquisitor. The mark of the Ordo Xenos would be easily visible for all to see.
>His lips would be curved into a rather pleasant looking smile. Something unbefitting a member of the Inquisition.

Salutations men and woman of Penal Regiment Theta Gamma. Or should I say... Inquisitorial regiment, Theta Gamma.

I am Inquisitor Arnel Saerkrau, of the Ordo Xeno. It is very unlikely that any of you have heard of me. But I have heard much about all of you. Your various deeds and accomplishments have not gone unnoticed by the Inquisition. And they have definitely not gone unnoticed by me.

>Though his expression may be kind, the look in his eyes would say otherwise, as he seems to stare into the hearts of each of the assembled men and woman before him.

Your use of foul Xeno technologies, Your allowance of infiltrators and spies into your regiment, And most of all, your willingness to accept even HERETICS into your ranks, is of much debate between the Lord's of the Inquistion.

Many would see this regiment, and all those who work with and within it destoryed, so as not to allow the taint that has been festering within this regiment to spread throughout the Imperium, and her people's...

Many more would see you executed, and the existence of this regiment hidden away under numerous amounts of lock and chain. Never to see the light of the Emperor again.

>He would remain quiet for a moment. Seemingly watch each of the men and woman before him for... something...
>When finally he speaks, it is a voice filled with strength and pride.

I however, do not follow in their belief's! I instead see all of you as prime examples of what Mankind should be doing out here! Using whatever is available to keep humanity safe from threats both within, and without.

>he'd be leaning against the wall near 'Oddbal's crew
"What is it now i wonder

nametag
"Well isn't that just marvelous? But what is your angle? What's the catch?'

>stands at the side, looking at the men

>All four remain silent, waiting to hear what else he has to say

It is my belief that regiments like yours are what will save our Imperium!

As such... in an effort to fight the enemies of Emperor, and his mighty Imperium, as well as to give further legitimacy to your endeavors and your tactics. I, Inquisitor Arnel Saerkrau of the Ordo Xenos, have decided to throw my lot in with you.

As such. I expect great things from each and everyone of you.

>He'd give a crisp salute to the men and woman Infront of him.

For the Emperor, and his eternal Imperium! Dismissed!

>watches the speech go down
>sighs on the thought that he will have to relocate his office

>They park the tank in its hanger before heading out for drinks

Holdrin: "Well that was enlightening."

Frisk: "Told ya we would be under new management before next week."

Jimmy: "To be fair, we did just go through hell getting those eldar back."

Jaemis: "Aw, cmon guys. You know what this means, right?"

Frisk: "Booze night?"

Holdrin: "Booze night!"

>They laugh and go to get drunk

>he'd walk up to the inquisitor
"Excuse me sir, could i ask a favor of you?"
"I would like to have some...time alone....to talk with the Eldar"
"I'll make it worthwile"

>The mans left brow would raise ever so slightly, at the heretics request.

Hmm? And why do you need to talk with my prisoner, heretic? What possible reason is there for you to do such a thing?

>Malak would only shake his head at their conversation.
>New management doesn't mean things are going to be any easier.

>relocates his office

>since he already inspected the men takes a moment to get some recaff and opens a book he brought with him

>Oblivious to the attention -Or at least the Tankers are, the Armsmen notice and occasionally glance Leon's way nervously- Oddball and his crew cheerfully work away on the tank, even Anya, today's token downer seeming brightened slightly.
>The new main gun has finally been fitted, and so Oddball and Rommel drop into the tank, starting work on fire control.
>Anya seems almost done with the commander's sensors, so she continues her work there.
>Irwin seems satisfied with his progress, turns on one of the drones, which makes a few beeps as it sees him, before taking off....and pausing a few feet away from Leon, where it emits a few curious sounding chirps before floating off to repeat the process with everyone surrounding the tank.

>The crewmen pause their work for a moment to make a few appreciative sounding noises before getting right back to it.

"Scores to be settled, knowledge to be gained, laughter to be had...screams to be heard"

>The mans brow raises for but a moment, before going back to normal, with a pleasant smile upon his face.

Very well. On the conditions that two of my scions be watching at all times. And that no irreparable damage be done to him either physically, or mentally.

Those are my terms.

"Apsolutely no irreparable phisycal damage? Not even...surface scars?"
>he'd smirk slightly

"The tank seems to have scrambled my vox so I won't be with all occurrences on board."

>he makes an attempt to hack systems on the hammerhead and fails find a repair manual if at all possible.

Rolled 83 (1d100)

>This would be...quite impossible, given that there are quite a few Armsmen working on the tank, in addition to the Crew themselves.
>They also all happen to have firearms of varying kinds.

>he'd leave to visit the eldar, two Scyons at his back
>he'd gently open the door
"Hello, darling"

>In a corner of the mess hall, one of the newest recruits has set up a bonfire and is roasting a rodent on it
>He seems to have ignored everything happening on the ship, including the arrival of the Inquisitor

>One of the Armsmen is walking away from the counter with his Recaff and spots the man.
Hey there mate...you know we have cookers, right?

And actual food...

I know. Can't miss yer sky people tech 'ere.
What kind of food is wrapped in things yer can't eat? Things yer not s'posed' 'ta eat.
>Those who knew Rogan instantly realize he speaks Dusk-cant

It's still better than eatting rat. Which reminds me. Where the hell did you even find a rat? This ship only came out of dry dock a few months ago as I recall.

Caught a bunch after last fight. Taste funny. Like glow-slug, but don't burn me tongue.

Hey, don't knock a good rat until you've tried it! It beats some of the stuff they served back on Gyroma!

>Disembarks from the Valk Oddball and crew rebuilt her.

This explains.... so much....

>Malak would let loose a sigh, before grabbing a fire extinguisher from the wall, and putting out the Bonfire.

Now normally I don't care what everyone else eats. So long as you eat enough of it. But the fact that you're eating a cooked rat after using a bonfire isn't something I can allow.

>He'd then put the extinguisher away, before returning.

So if you want to cook those, you're going to use the kitchen when you're on this ship. Am I understood?

Right... Well, I'll see what I can do with this... Kitchun.

>He nods before making his way out if the mess hall.

Have one of the chef's help you. I'm sure with their help, you'll become accustomed to it in no time at all!

>Melissa shrugs

I personally find that if you have to eat one, than it taste better on an open fire. but Glory boy's right. Regs are regs.

If you want, I can show you how to use the ktichen?

You have... Chiefs in this kitchun thing? More than one?

>Kane would step out of the room
"Unbelievable! Simply atrocious! To await your torturer asle-Oh, vic! Hello!"

If yer be sure. The place is more confusing than the Hag's bog... No offense to the Ol' Lady.