Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season 5 has begun! Team reviews to follow

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season 5 has begun! Team reviews to follow.

Previous Thread _____________________
thenaf.net/
fumbbl.com/
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893581
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893644
youtube.com/watch?v=iUXS2ab7mRs
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893796
impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=impactgames_profile&id=EB_PAPM
youtube.com/watch?v=jpwGLyXaQ4g
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=894018
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So circumstances dictate that I'll be sitting out this season for the most part, but as promised ages ago, a Vet League overview for Season V, brought to you by "Spike! Just Block It!":

For the most part we can probably say Season V is a definite passing of the torch. Most of the long-running titans have decided against re-entering for a chance at a Cup, most of them taking the time off to enjoy plum endorsement deals - with two trophies under their belts you might have seen the Quickslithers modeling for the upscale leather brand Slibli Vutton.

This does mean that this season we have a whole crop of up-and-comers. Plucky challengers from last season are now this year's heavyweights, and a new crop of promising rookie teams have come up hungry for glory - but the one thing in common is that none of the teams this year have a prior League Leader or Championship award.

first for lizardmen are op try hard crutch team and fumbbl looks so ugly you all must be 50 years old to play

And without further ado - the team lineup for Season V, in no particular order:
Snorkland Soulless - This Nurgle team is probably the one to be watched. The Soulless have a middling record but pulled out all the stops in Season IV to make it all the way to, mostly by brutalizing the opposition with well-placed fouls - in particular shattering the Red Fang Rocket's hopes in Season IV. In just 2 seasons they've inflicted a staggering 37 casualties! Coach roflcopter definitely aim to win by attrition over the season's run - if they can secure a playoff spot while maiming a few stars they'll have another shot at the championship.

Doomstar Requiem - With Animeted Clothing off playing exhibition games and promoting idoru concerts in faraway Nippon, Doomstar now takes the place as the top Chaos Dwarf team. The last season saw the team lose some of the luck that carried them through the rookie league season, but coach Logicsfate more than made up for it by stepping up the quality of the Requiem's tactical play after losses early in the season. With old league heavyweights out of the picture this season is Doomstar's chance to shine brightly!

Maximum Marvelous Maiden - After taking a hiatus in Season IV the "chooo-kawaii~" vampires have finally, finally graduated to the Vet League (or according to some sources, unceremoniously booted out of the Rookie League due to age concerns). Don't worry fans, they'll always be 18 in your hearts! Age controversies aside, the Maidens have more than what it takes - watch out for the absolutely monstrous team onee-chan Sky Singer Sora-sama, who hits like an ogre while still shrieking with the voice of an angel.

I remember when we talked about minis and making blood bowl pitches, rip

Just Elf My League Up - With One Night Rack mired in controversy after their "tactical throw" in season IV (and then getting eliminated in the first round of the playoffs!), coach Tooby has decided to sidestep the whole NAF investigation by quickly signing back on with the freshly graduated Elf My League Up. Will elf sacrifices be enough this season to wash away Tooby's sins? Drama aside, JEMLU had a fantastic showing in their season 3 introduction with little in the way of lasting damage. Smart leveraging of the vast inducements they'll get in the Veteran's League coupled with their natural talent will likely see this team a playoff spot at the very least.

South City Scum - Coach ph0enyx13 returns to his original team after a brief foray getting in touch with his southern ancestors in the Rebel Risers. While their record hasn't been outstanding the Scum seem to be favoured by Nuffle in exactly the right moments. With an experienced core of Blitzers and not just one, but two dirty players, a little luck on casualties could be all this team needs to advance this season.

I dairy you to try - They grow up so fast! It's taken two seasons for this Chaos team, but coach ramciamciam can finally enjoy having Block on almost half his team. ClawPOMB glory is still a long ways away, but the dark days of no-Block Chaos are far behind him. However, the League composition this season is considerably more even than the bash-inclined leagues of that past few seasons - and ball-handling is still one critical weakness that has yet to be plugged. IDYTT will have to be careful about holding and defending the ball in the face of quicker and more ball-competent teams this season.

Lizards Gone Bad - The most heavily bankrolled Lizard team in recent league history is finding that no amount of money can buy you talent! Saurus development is steady but average; while most of the team core now has Block the team is still hurting on diversity. A few key Saurus scores could easily bring this team into a very strong composition, but with the varied opposition in Season V it may be difficult for coach Veyrr to juggle long-term Saurus growth with the immediate need for wins.

Emo Demolition Squad - With the Knife-Ears recalled to Naggaroth for extended product brainstorming, EDS finds itself now the senior Dark Elf team in the league. While unable to make the playoffs in Season IV, they had a relatively gentle line-up of opponents and spent most of the last season building their core competencies and are entering this season with tremendous strength - a full positional lineup of 4 Blitzers and 2 Witches. Coach dashergeaux has spent a great deal of time building EDS into a lean, mean, angsty machine and the team has not just star players but tremendous redundancy; all the positionals have Blodge with even a Guard lineman will round out the mix. On paper the EDS is a huge favourite this season, but if they begin losing stars early in the season they might try hard and it won't even matter.

Claw and Chord - C&C represent the more junior Dark Elf team, with only one season under the belt. Though less developed than EDS, their players are beginning to show far more individual talent and might be able to play with a more free-wheeling style than the typical regimented Dark Elf advance. Like JEMLU, their success this season will depend on whether coach Delta_Sigma can leverage the large inducements available alongside his team's raw talents.

>South City Scum v I dairy you try rematch

third time is the charm as both of the coaches with the biggest cocks in the league match up for the third time to break the 1-1 tie

Don't miss that tomorrow will be the first game for the final elf team in the rookies! Finally Tendril will show everyone how it's really done when Fine China faces off against Sasasing's Kangz at 20:00. Expect touchdowns and dead elfs galore!

Monkey Business - Blood Bowl is a time honoured tradition for all salarymen and Monkey Business continues the trend of "accountants turned ballers" started by way back at the dawn of the Veeky Forums league by the Salary Simyins. Season 4 was a rough one for Monkey Business but their major assets chimpanzee and gorilla assets are still healthy, and cashflow is good enough for unexpected replacements. With the league composition swinging back towards a balance of ball-playing teams and bash teams, coach CMonkey might find the economic climate of this season far more favourable for a bull market charge to a playoff spot.

Corpo Orcs - With both the Red Fang Rockets and the Wurld's Ej Face Fumpers out, Orc representation in the league comes down to the Corpo Orcs Orcish Resources Department. A little League affirmative action in the form of inducements will need to be spent wisely by coach Swolin if the Corpo Orcs want a promotion beyond middle management. In terms of actual team strengths, their Blitzer core is well on the way towards stardom and Orc armour should make the team far less vulnerable to taking harsh cuts to staff.

Chumps of War - An Ogre team with a 1:1 W/L in their first season? Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming. Chumps of War is showing amazing promise for a young Ogre team, and perhaps their success can be attributed to their very deep Snotling swarm-er, bench. Sure, most of them might be thin green smears by halftime, but their (tiny) presence on the pitch is enough to keep the team's Ogres clear to do important stuff, like dropping the ball, or drooling and staring blankly into space. The Vet League is a tough place, and even tougher for an Ogre team fresh out of the Rookie League, but fans who like an underdog story will be hard pressed to find a better team to follow this season than the Chumps.

This Season's League Report is brought to you by Spike! Remember, Just Block It!

>he plays a team with strength 4
>what a little bitch

>He plays team with agility 4
>what a fag

Humans or bust.

>the coaches with the biggest cocks

The cocks in your ass dont really count as yours.

>last season saw the team lose some of the luck that carried them through the rookie league season, but coach Logicsfate more than made up for it by stepping up the quality of the Requiem's tactical play after losses early in the season. With old league heavyweights out of the picture this season is Doomstar's chance to shine brightly!

1st thing: thank you for doing this. 2nd thing: Were you thinking about a different team when you wrote this?

On a reread I realize the phrasing mixes up the chronology - that should be referring to "their" last season - i.e. their performance in Season III, not Season IV - they didn't play in Season IV of course.

Their 2 losses and a tie in Season III were against old league heavyweights so the future is pretty bright for them this season.

I have trouble going against rookie orcs. I can't outbash them and if I try to mark the black orcs to isolate them my players usually just end up getting injured.

No no, you don't understand. He is saying that Doomstar are just lucky and aren't skillful. As the coach of the team I would take his opinion.

Sounds like you should play lizards

dead

Not as dead as the Poundinator.

Friendly reminder the last rookie to put their game in the scheduler is a friend of penis13.

What about Thralls with dodge?

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893581

Maximum Marvelous Maiden vs. Lizards Gone Bad.

>new vamp doesn't have a fetish waifu portrait

0/10

I need to go bother King_Mad for that.

I just realized how shit the Veeky Forums looks inside the d20, it would look much better if it was just tg

the slashes almost nearly line up with the white lines of the d20 and looks utter garbage

I think it would've been better to blitz with the thrall on turn 7, and dodge the vamp out so you're deeper, this makes you safer from getting hit by a lizard and safer against your two bloodlust rolls to score

This game ended 0-0. Dammit.

Also, Yasui rolled 5+5.

Lizards Gone Bad vs Maximum Marvelous Maiden
ends 0-0

Vampires were thirsty after sleeping for a season, Lizards made the mistake of trying to give ball to a saurus.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893644

kangz vs fine china

we wuz qings n shiet

This ended 1 - 0 for the Fine China, proving once and for all that you need to be a Tendril tier lucker to make an av7 elf team work for you.

Logicsfate reportedly looking into starting an elf team next season.

zzz

Because one death and two MNG's is really lucky, right?

The same or worse happened to the other teams and they lost.

youtube.com/watch?v=iUXS2ab7mRs

>/bbg/ in a nutshell

Please stop advertising your channel here.

Why would you do this

Will there be predictions/forecasts for the Rookie league once everyone has had a chance to strut their stuff?

That first season for a team is so swingy. Too much can go wrong in one game for teams still poor.

It really is feast or famine for rookies if they spiral up or down. I've only seen 2-3 rookie teams come out average their first season and do okay in their second.

And some teams just blow away expectations, like Tendril's Norse team in their season. Having less injuries than some of the av9 teams.

Should dark elves get M access on doubles?

They get it on singles on Pact

Only if wardancers can get Hypnotic Gaze as a base or level up skill.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=893796

Nice job CMonkey

Moment of the game

Now in gif format

Hey /bbg/ I have a question. My love for blood bowl is on the rise once again, and I was thinking about getting a real life league started in my area. The problem is, the one nearby lgs we have is dominated by two games, Magic The Gathering, and Warhammer 40k. And even then Warhammer is mainly played one day a week and is regulated to a bare bones community page while the main one is flooded with MTG announcements.

So my question is, how should I advertise and drum up interest in the game? How do I get people to invest in a team and get a league going? And if I were to get people interested, how many supplies should I buy (pitches, dice, range ruler,etc) and how much should I regulate to the coaches themselves? My biggest ear is that those who show interest will be scared away by the sizable single purchase they would have to drop to get started; especially since I only have one set of dice and pitch to go around...

Ask the owner if you can put a signup sheet up.

There's a new boxset of BB coming out this winter, you may wait for that and try to get people into the game using that.

I jsut found this while looking for alternative miniatures.

Perhaps using these would be best to use for people still on the fence about investing in the game fully. But the pitches to players price is still a problem.

fuck forgot the link

impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=impactgames_profile&id=EB_PAPM

The Warhammer guys will be easier, they can easily proxy models from 40k for various teams. If they get hooked they'll no doubt go out and buy proper models eventually, they've already got the miniatures bug after all.

If you're trying to rope in MtG people it'd be better to offer introductory games with your own models.

Bump

Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d6)

On the head? That's an armor roll

Even stunties would resist that

>So my question is, how should I advertise and drum up interest in the game?

NAF has fliers you can print out

>Pitches?

If you can make some that you can just leave at the FLGS with the workers there

this guy just bought a roll of fabric and cut it to size, put a dot grid on it and away he went.

Later he spray paints it green, tapes off football lines and sprays those white, then he stencils a team logo in the middle.

Looks really good imo

sprayed

with the finished lines

youtube.com/watch?v=jpwGLyXaQ4g

First block, both down, both break armour, ko'd witch elf, badly hurt beastman

nuffle is pleased

Don't forget this evening at 23:00 server time the match between the old rookies GGF and League of Orcy Gentlmen

my god. i nearly had a fucking stroke when he surfed that elf

yeah me too, they point out later how colossal their fuckup was but holy shit

of all their videos this is the most "how NOTto play this game"

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

Rolling armour break against witch elf

Why is the FUMBBL RNG so broken? It would be a lot more fun if they just fixed the dice. I guess the clueless eurotrash that made the client probably don't even realize.

Oh boy first turn block and this is already tumbling down

I hear the FUMBBL admins all suck each other off in a big circle, like a Eurotrash human centipede.

Is this the new Penis13 attempt to be funny?

The early-game elf teams can often do pretty well even in the case of brutal attrition - Dark Elves and Wood Elves can both claw their way back with good play.

I generally don't do season overviews for Rookies mostly for my own sanity, and quite frankly there isn't a lot to talk about for a team with no history. Consider it an incentive to bring your team to the Vet level.

yeah, join the vets, play against tv1600 chaos, chaos dwarf, nurgle, you know, just have your team murdered beyond usability and forcibly retire them

How much more of a pussy can you get? Do you only join no-bash leagues with resurrection as well?

and that's why you take another round in the rookies

>Taking 2 rounds in the rookies
Not every is as big a faggot as you, CMonkey.

Hardly lucky at all. Poor Khemri just fed their Tomb Guardians into the surf machine.

Don't be a fucking pussy. The only team that got claw was Chaos Dwarves and that was from dubs on level ups.

Oh my bad, the Nurgle has a single claw + mighty blow player.

The RNG is flawed in FUMBBL, it's implementation is bugged. The admins are too fucking stupid to notice, most of them can barely spell. Also, most of the players are ugly nerd faggots and greasy crybaby wops.

>team is not rookies
>they join the rookie league

good non sequitur

I am at least one of those things, I'll admit.

I wonder who this butthurt, turbo-faggot might be?

Must be somebody who is shit at the game, but too retarded to realize it.

Hmmm.

Hey kids, wanna watch some memes and speed?

GGF vs League of Orcy Gentlmen

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=894018

Why do you fucking nigglers think that is me?

Because you are the league retard.

>league has Ignored, Veyrr, Av, Special eddy, Mauled, Tooby, Crab, Ayy, threepac, ect
>calling me the retard

>etc
There you go

damn, I gotta head out, someone link me the replay when this game ends

Wow man why you gotta include me in there, rude

what's wrong with 3pac? he's a cool guy

At least im not on the list.

>etc

Fine, at least im not on the short list.

To be fair I think everyone that plays in the league is etc.

t. threepac