Time to choose your banner and take your place among the noble houses of the Riverlands!

Time to choose your banner and take your place among the noble houses of the Riverlands!
singles: knight
doubles: Lord of the keep
trips: King until usurped by another trips
quads or higher: Worshipped as a god or mythic hero

Please include at minimum a creature, person place or thing as your banner.

Suggested format
house name: Cobbler
banner: Left Shoe
colors: Brown and black

All posts will be taken as DnD canon in an upcoming campaign. Posts that include intellectual property (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Elder scrolls etc.) or modern to futuristic technology may be modified to fit the fantasy genre, but all troll posts will still be included in canon. Have fun :P

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moultrie_Flag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Self bump

house name: Trendafil
banner: Rose
colors: Red and yellow
The house of the flower knights. The only noble house to allow women knights. Virtue: kindness

I may have overestimated Veeky Forums's interest in participating in this game

>Quensor
>banner: Two Griffons
>colors: Green and Black

House: Merryfield
Banner/colors: White Raven rampant on a field of dark Blue

House Name: Greythorne
Banner: White (frowning) face on black background
Colors: Black, White

another op bump

house: Kriophoros
banner: Ram
colors: green and white
Loyal and selfless, the knights of house Kriophoros are the keepers of harmony in the Riverlands. The first to negotiate peace among their warlike brethren, they suit up for battle only when given no other option. This temperament has made them well loved by the commoners of the Riverlands, but territorial disputes have seen their property dwindle to the more aggressive houses. Virtue: humility

House name: Czhekem
Banner: Two 6's
Colors: gray and red

House: Langhorne (pronounced Lang - urn )
Banner: Two crossed spears
Colors: Green and Yellow
Only three knights in the entire house, all brothers, but can call on experienced men-at-arms when the situation arises

You may want to try /qst/ for more players

name: blacklake
banner: broken sword
colors: black and blue
virtues: none, but they live in the middle of a lake

Thanks for participating Knights! Your houses will live in fame and glory, and your heroic deeds will surely be remembered

house: Basurde
banner: Boar
colors: Red and black
Tough and warlike, the Basurde are warriors of renowned skill and legendary toughness. Upholding the virtues of knighthood is less important to them than the thrill of battle and the spoils of conquest. Virtue: diligence

House: Kangz-en-sheet
Banner: pair of Air Jordans
Colors: purple and white

A House of dark skinned people from across the see, this house is infamous for its theft and violent tendencys. Always talks about how they were royalty back in there old country despite scholars finding no evidence of such. Would have been punished for there transgressions long ago if not for protection from their benifactors, who see them as useful pawns.

House: Tamius
Banner: gryphon with one claw raised
Colors: blue and white
Truly upright and honorable men, House Tamius is known for their elite corps of Gryphon Riders

house name: Blackcock
banner: sable organum vitalis rampant upon a field jules
colors: Black and Yellow

They take to the field bedecked in checkered black and yellow silks and streamers worn over their armour.

Eww Riverlands. Might as well go ahead and hand your stuff to bandits, marauding armies, marauding pirates, so forth and so on right now and save yourself some time later. Still, if it's to help you flesh out a game...

House name: Davis
Banner: Silver crossed falchions on a field of Black
Colors: Black and Silver
Official House Words: 'Committed to Excellence' (Previously: 'Pride and Poise')

House Davis will do anything to win. They are not regarded as exceptionally loyal, but they always give all they have in any fight, and are not above using dishonorable methods. In terms of wealth, their people are some of the poorest in the Riverlands, but show fanatical loyalty; they can call upon a strong local militia that calls itself 'Raider Nation', typically known by their black outfits and face masks. Historically, they favor what might be called 'deep operations' and raiding tactics to overextend foes. They value speed, flexiblity, initiative and cunning in their leaders.

This is a great post
/qst/ could be a good place for this type of thing. Thanks for the suggestion!
Glad to have you

house name: Altai
banner: Griffin
colors: Gold and blue
House Altai is of renowned wealth and prosperity, and houses many secret treasures and artifacts of old. Keepers of ancient knowledge, they are the book keepers and librarians of the Riverlands, and take apprentices to pass on their tradition of scholarly work. Virtue: Chastity

House: Cor-Brune
Banner: flag with Diamond checker pattern of house colors.
Colors: red and black

Enjoys falconry as a hobby.

House Name - Hoolettisguyin
Banner - A Blue Owl
Colors - Pink Bordered by Black

I became a knight so I could kill people and meet hot noble chicks

Forgot to add: made from the union of two houses, the Cor-Brunes have holdings that are larger than most. The Cor side of the family are shrewd politicians, while the Bruns have experienced and prowd Knights. Brot together by there eldest children's love of Falconey

cant help but laugh when I know the person in the photograph....

>/qst/ could be a good place for this type of thing. Thanks for the suggestion!
Give us a link when you do.

Also be sure to tell us of how the campaign goes!

An excellent post thank you for your input!
My liege. Many knights have sworn fealty to the banner of your keep
Yet another high quality post. Keep em coming!
Thanks for the lore! Oakland Raiders I love it
your service as a knight will not be forgotten Ser

house name: Kantur
banner: horse and rider
colors: green and black
The house of Kantur are known for their exceptional breeding of stout, strong horses for both work and war. The cavalry of Kantur is feared by all the noble houses, and their reverence of nature is seen in their beautiful landscape and hanging gardens. virtue: temperance

House: Charkam
Banner: Three flames surrounding a bear rampant
Colors: Brown and silver
Virtues: Their piety.
Flaws: Delight excessively in the misfortunes of others.
Notable traits: Sinners burning in hell is a recurring theme of their preferred decorations.

and since I got doubles, just for you, I'll give you one that the guy in the photo, Joe, would smile at, given its the arms on something he owns now.

Lord of the Keep, Guy De Leys.
House name: The Cutlers. (which probably indicates their keep has a influence in the trade of of arms sales/manufacture for the region.)
Banner: Saltire, Argent upon Sable. (AKA White X on black.)
colours: Black, A saltire argent on the left breast.

House: Vakarra
Banner: A black-and-white checkerboard with contrasting black and white fleur-de-lis.
Colors: Black and white, obviously.
Virtues: Brave in battle and generous to the peasantry.
Vices: Will hold a grudge until the sun goes out.
Notable traits: poorer than most despite having rich lands due to incessant charitable giving.

House: Every man Jack, or, The Jackson's
Banner: horse rider with Lance held high
Colors: varying

A band of young house less knights romping around the countryside. While they still wear there own colors and heraldry, they have the motif of the Rider with the Lance somewhere on their person, usually the shield or a patch upon the breast.

House: Mitner
Banner: A boar's head, wreathed
Colors: Green and black
Virtues: Daring, honest
Vices: Nearly berserk
Notable traits: Congenital insensitivity to pain runs in the family. Has an attack hog.

house name: Langer
banner: crossed halberds
colors: Argent and Blue

House: Leuenstolz
Banner/colours: A roaring red lioness on white

A house that holds itself to a high standard of honor: Only the duell, the charge and the last stand are truly noble, magic and ranged weapons shouldn't have a place on the battlefield. They're not stupid tho, suicidal tendencies are still quite rare amongst them

This is great
Appreciate the lore!
here's the link to the /qst/ thread. And I will! I am very excited about this new campaign
I like the religious theme. These are turning out great thanks guys!
My liege. Your arms and armor are the envy of the twelve keeps
this is great detail. Thank you Ser Knight
The riders of the Lance are not to be underestimated on the tourney grounds

house name: Biboros
banner: Cardinal
colors: red and white
House Biboros are avid birdkeepers, and provide many of the carrier pigeons used as couriers in the land. Bold and intelligent on the battlefield, they use wits and cunning to overcome their foes rather than sheer numbers. Virtue: patience

house: Talon
banner: A griffon on a blue background
colors: Brown and blue

House: Engerand
Banner: A chalice against a striped background
Colors: Blue and orange
Virtues: Cautious, intelligent, and temperate
Vice: Mimics normal human compassion badly
Notable details: incredibly creepy stare.

House: Joestar
Banner: A blazing sun surrounded by ripples
Colors: yellow on violet

Mainly known for their faboulus poses, ridiculous prowess in battle, and comradery , the knights of this house have sworn to rid the world of vampirism.

House name: Sons of The Sword
banner: Gyronny Arrondi Azure and Ermine, a Sword and an Inverted Comet Crossed in Satire Or"
colors: Ermine, Azure, and Or (white with a black pattern and blue background with yellow/gold details)

Free fighting rapier fighters- an upstart nation formed a hundred years ago from a band of bandits/thieves that a king showed kindness too.

This would be what that looked like (and it's period accurate too!)

good input thank you!
The knights of Engerand are tactful and to be feared on the field of battle

This is great guys, but we still need a king and some more lords! This is a better turnout than I could have hoped for thank you all

house name: Medici
banner: silver coin
colors: silver and black
The Medici are renowned healers and shrewd businessmen. A wealthy house indeed, and an enviable ally. It is said that knights win battles, but the Medicis win wars. Virtue: Temperance

House: Mendeleev
Banner: Crossed arrow and lance against a bar dexter
Colors: Gold and grey
Virtues: Generous, honest, craftsmanship
Vices: Mania, berserk
Notable details: Is a blacksmith as well as a knight; made all his own equipment. Claims the sun speaks to him in the heat of the forge and of battle.

House: Torquil
Banner: An Oak Tree, Green whit silver lining with blue background
Colors: Forest green and Navy Blue
What Are they Like: Tall Men, often marry commoners, hardworking, value ones own actions over that of family and class.
History: founder was a surf who led guerrilla army in woods vs much larger/ better armed army.

>house
Casdian

>banner
A red heavy infantryman--preferably a hoplite-like if your world has those--with a white turtle upon his shield; all atop a top-right to bottom-left divided field of blue and green

>colors
Surcoats and whatnot are typically white or off-white, probably grey. Other parts of outfits tend to use the four colors on the standard.

House Name: Aurelius
Banner: A horrid aberration impaled on a spear
Colors: Blue and gold

House: Megarand
Banner: Green oak against grey-blue checkerboard
Colors: Green and grey
Virtues: Determined, frugal
Vices: Wrathful, rumored poisoners
Notable details: House Megarand fell on very hard times in the past, to the level of peasants, with only their name left. They have begun a dramatic recovery, but their tactics remain those of their long poverty; unable to equip a true knight, they have become camouflaged snipers and assassins.

House: Moultrie
Banner: Three Crescents
Colors: White and Blue

Originated from an Commoner given Rank and Titles for his leading of the defence of a costal fortress, only to almost have these taken away just a few generations later for partaking in a revolt. Though brave fighters, many other houses do not respect them, calling them uncultured, lowborn traitors, and other scathing names.

This is great for a house that hunts monsters, as there are plenty in this world
I didn't know what a hoplite was, yay learning things!
This is great lore, many knights were just ordinary people who ascended to knighthood from extraordinary circumstances. Love it!
This guy is great for roleplaying. I love a little insanity
5 star post mothafucka!
good story! I'm gonna make these guys one of the ranks of royal guards
Love the idea of a pots-and-pans knight on the tourney grounds upsetting one of the crowd favorites. This is gonna get used for sure
I really like imperfect characters, and the Moultries have much to regain in honor. Makes a great comeback story!

house name: Cook
banner: Raven
colors: silver and blue
Former pirates, house Cook gained recognition and knighthood from the king for rescuing one of his lost flagships during a terrible storm. Now loyal serveants to the king, they never forgot their swashbuckling heritage and are not above a tavern brawl

>I really like imperfect characters, and the Moultries have much to regain in honor. Makes a great comeback story!
Im glad you think so! Though I can't take full credit, I just took inspiration from my home state (South Carolina)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moultrie_Flag

House: Pesantrus
Banner: A hoe and shovel crossed over a background of green and brown, divided diagonally.
Colors: Greens and browns, typically of the dark-ish variety.
Virtues: We provide you with the fucking food you eat you dumb bitches.
Vices: Nothing, unlike the pompous upstarts called "nobles." This is a anarcho-syndicalist commune and by george it's gonna stay that way.
Notable traits: We're honest, hard-working people, unlike lazy nobles who follow imperialistic dogma that benefit only them while squandering us, the lower class or "peasantry" and our works, which creates an ever-growing rift in the classes that must be closed immediately!

>house name
Wildaye
>banner
A red feather
>colours
Dark/olive green with red

A mercenary group with preferences for guerilla warfare and hunting

This guy is great. I love the attack hog! gonna do something special with him
reminds me of a weapon from diablo 2
very knightly. Well done
kek this is great
rambo the knight. Perfect!
I think you just upgraded the Moultries to a noble Lord of the keep

house name: Bizdam
banner: An apple
colors: red and silver
The house of Bizdam are known for their exceptional ale brewing, and their craft has made them quite rich. Their prowess on the battlefield defies logic, as they often go to war with kegs and flagons in tow. Nearly impervious to pain, these staggering warriors have turned their drunken fighting style into an art, catching their foes off balance and causing their enemies to underestimate them

House: Brydain
Banner: A chalice impaled by a sword over a bar sinister and bar dexter
House colors: red and gold
Virtues: Frugal, intelligent
Vices: Arrogant, dishonorable
Notable details: House Brydain has long been a patron of the alchemic arts, and their patronage has not gone unrewarded. They possess a sizable arsenal of (relatively) primitive incendiary and chemical weapons, which they use to great effect- especially in sieges. For this they are reviled- but every knight would rather go into battle alongside rather than against them.

Hail Bizdam, King! Long flow the Brew!!

Of all the comments to randomly disappear, it had to be the one to give the Moltries a chance at greatness

*sigh*

Such is our lot in life...

Shit. I guess all hail the king :S
I like the evil knights. They add so much more flavor to the world

house name: Mernoch
banner: two squirrels
colors: brown and green
A monastic order, the Mernochs eschew violence and tend to the peaceful needs of the public, as well as cultivating land, and growing vineyards. Utter pacifists, the Mernochs nonetheless are regarded as a knightly brotherhood for their service to the king and his people

Hail to the King, baby. Allow me to be the first to bend the knee:

House: Vastok
Banner: A great helm, topped by a phoenix rampant against a bar dexter
Colors: Blue and white
Virtues: Strong, Trustworthy, Steadfast
Vices: Arrogant, Gluttonous
Notable Details: The Vastok will never break a promise, and never give promises lightly. They also tend much larger than average- and have appetites to match. In battle, they take advantage of their strength with astoundingly heavy armor, virtually invincible to all but the luckiest hits.

I have never understood what they were doing with this gun in this poster.

House Felharffen
Swan in profile facing left, in front of diagonal spear pointing to upper right, on field of green.
White and Green.

Loyal family of minor knights known for their gentleness and compassion. Their manorhouse is in a wooded area beside a large pond.

Quellers
Shark jaw with Coins inside
Gold and blue

House: Green
Banner: Rainbow trout
colors: Green and silver
A relatively new house founded by Finley Green, a knight of the riverlands. Awarded to him due to gallantry during a conflict where prevented enemy forces from crossing a ford, his modest keep has been named the Greenhold.

don't worry I remember :P
This is perfect for flavor for the king's bannermen, and the story of how he won the throne
I like it! sounds like a really nice place. Maybe send the players there to train?
good shit

house name: Rogers
banner: A virgin on a green field
colors: green and white
Supreme gentlemen. Unsuccessful with women, but extremely chivalrous. Narcissistic tendencies, and extreme delusions of grandeur. Complete loners. Virtue: Chastity

House Name: Starley
Banner: Field of Violet, semy of four-pointed stars made of silver thread
Colors: Black, Violet, Midnight Blue, Silver
Virtues:Kind and mostly tolerant, capable duelists and warriors, loyal for the most part, skilled traders, try to enjoy life to the fullest
Vices: Indecisive, mediocre strategists, indulgent wastrels

Hail from a large coastal city. Posses marble quarries and fertile soil fit for vineyards and fruit tress. Their domestic goods, penchant for parties, and acceptance of brothels and gambling houses has made them a lucrative spot for foreign traders, namely in spices and fabrics.

Sorry if its a bit long winded.

House: Leprallo
Banner: A winged heart against a bicolor background, divided diagonally
Colors: Green and Bronze
Virtues: Determined, Hardy
Vices: Hate everything, lepers
Notable details: House Leprallo holds some of the worst land in the Riverlands. Cursed by some long-ago sorcerer, the land is poor and spawns a plentiful supply of monsters and abberations. Worse, over generations the curse has seeped into the bones of House Leprallo, resulting in a host of varied deformities- and their exclusion from polite society, despite their stalwart work in monster-hunting. Bitter and slowly dying out of inbreeding as no other house wishes to marry them, House Leprallo hates the world. When going outside their own lands, Leprallo knights wrap themselves in layers of bandages to conceal their many sores and lesions.

No it's perfect. Thank you
Another king to usurp Bizdam. Thank god! And a sweet story too. This is great. Wonderful post! ALL HAIL KING LEPRALLO

Thanks for all the posts guys. I could still use a few more lords, but I'm gonna stop adding new knights myself. This has been great thank you all and it's going to be a very awesome campaign! Feel free to continue adding knights, lords and kings tho, I am continuing to monitor the thread

My king, I petition that the houses make a hierarchy by pledging their services to the next lord up the feudal chain once we know our place.

House: Karsman
Banner: Downward pointing hand
Colors: Blue background with a white hand
Notable traits: Rules from a keep in the middle of a small town. The house was originally from elected burgers of the town but distinguished themselves and obtained royal appointment to feudal status. Though that was long ago, Hous Karsman still holds to the virtues of hard work and industry benefiting freedmen from a town.

The leper king, ruling from his twisted castle atop the poison heath, despising the very kingdom he now rules. There's a lot of things that can happen from here, and none of them are good.
The king is dead! Long live the king?

House Karsman pledges itself to serve under house Tamius.

House Vastok shall continue to serve House Bizdam . King or no, our promises shall not be broken.

Out of curiosity, when will you be running the campaign?

House: Drake
Banner: Red Drake on White field
Colors: Red, White

A family of explorers and adventurers, named for the family progenitors first kill. Their Knights like to wander far afield, searching for new lands to explore, and new monsters to kill!

Very cool! But Bizdam's king is unfortunately deceased. I think you want to pledge fealty to Tamius under his grace, King Leprallo
Fuck yeah Vastok. I think we can wait out our exile and return when we've marshalled our power again
Starts in two weeks. This has been very helpful fleshing out the population of the country. I think the first session is going to start with a jousting tournament held at a major wedding of two noble houses. And- then something plot happens to make the players have to band together to be heroes. That's pretty much what I got so far

I'd be interested to learn how you intend to explain a group of impoverished, shunned lepers ascending to the highest office in the land.

History has long showed that people with arable land are content to stay put, and infertile land breeds conquerors. Combine that with the strength of constantly fighting monsters in their homeland, and a reckless disregard for other people, and you have the kind of power hungry psychopath fit to be a king. His allies are born of fear, not love or respect. Noone is as dangerous as a man with nothing to lose

House: Mirinalia
Banner: A E S T H E T I C
Colors: Reds, Blues, and Whites, colors of home country, L O N D O N
Virtues: Incredibly oily, muscular bodies that provide great agility and strength.
Vices: None, besides the relentless and undying pursuit of a perfect, natty body, and the denunciation of those who don't try to do the same.
Notable details: 100% completely straight, no homosexual undertones here. Also don't wear much armor, to show off our muscular perfection.

house: hanson
banner: thick-rimmed eyeglasses over crossed hockey sticks
colors: black and blue

House: Grendel
Banner: Two manticores (one blue, one silver) rampant against a bicolor background, divided down the centerline
Colors: Blue and silver
Virtues: Modest, charitable
Vices: Strange religious practices, marry commoners, secretive
Notable details: It is difficult to say where House Grendel ends and the peasantry it rules over begins. Centuries of outbreeding have resulted in virtually the entire population or the county having Grendel blood. Likewise, the normally strict lines of formality between peasant and noble are blurred. And while House Grendel and its peasants/cadet lines supposedly practice the same religion as everyone else, the rites used are recorded nowhere else. Likewise, the dialect spoken by House Grendel is utterly unlike anything spoken by the surrounding peoples. Combined with its insularity, the impression is of a holdout of the pagan past, or a piece of some alien society dropped into the middle of the land and unconvincingly pretending at normality.

House Grendel pledges itself to House Leprallo , for reasons it declines to elaborate.

There are probably a lot of down-on-their-luck and desperate Houses willing to support Leprallo in hopes of turning around their own fortunes. Perhaps support of Leprallo is why House Megarand is recovering its fortunes so swiftly? They are rumored to be poisoners...

House: Perfect Freeze
Banner: Nine Crystals
Colors: Light Blue and White

The house of Perfect Freeze hail from the far northern regions, valuing strength and perseverance even in the face of adversary. It is said that they might have fae blood in them, their hair often whiting prematurely or even ending up with a light bluish tint, but doubt is cast upon this claim due to the relatively low standards of education of their members as well as their sometimes difficult to comprehend accent. In spite of these deficiencies, literacy is above average among members, even when it isn't necessary, as they love recording their boastful accomplishments to recite later as epic sagas, "epic" being highly subjective.

Good shit house Grendel. Your fealty and service to the king Laprallo are admirable, and with his newfound station, I am sure he will be gracious to those who have served

virtues: strong fraternal bond, relentless brawlers that will beat up pretty much anyone for any number of reasons
vices: relentless brawlers that will beat up pretty much anyone for any number of reasons
foils: ogilthorpe; cops; dickhead referees; old-tyme hockey
notable traits: three brothers that play as minor league hockey goons

Mendeleev pledges himself to House Bizdam , because the sun told him to.

The Langhorne's proclaim for Moltrie

FYI: there is an evil lord in the /qst/ thread if you want to declare for him

House name: Lightbearer
Banner: Torch/candle
Colors: White/Yellow
A once lowborn family referred to as torchmakers due to their occupation, they have since elevated in position and renamed their dynasty to the lightbearers. Generally have strong roots with the lower class and champion honor and justice.

house name: de Fortez
banner: Lion
colors: Upper half is a horizontal white plane with a red lion in the middle. Lower half is filled with red and yellow vertical stripes.

One of the most foreign houses, they come from a land where good wine and a pretty woman are of plenty.

This house was almost completely destroyed by an invading army. It was the noble sacrifice of the house lord who personally led a last chance charge with only a few knights that managed to turn the tide of the war in their favor. In honor of his bravery, the knights now wear a lion as symbol of their house's lord, who fought like a lion till the very end.

Courtly love, honor and duty is taken very seriously in the house. Many of the knights are very eager to prove themselves either through war or tournaments. They are certainly fearless and seem to roar into battle, welcoming death and glory like their late lord's example.

House name: Jormarg
banner/colors: blue snake holding a violet sword in it's mouth on a golden background.
Known for it's line of fearsome and loyal blackguards.

House: Spaagen
Banner: Blue hawk in flight on a sun, on blue-and-white checkered background
Colors: Blue and gold
Virtues: Pious, Peaceful, Kind
Vices: Fast women and slow ponies
Notable details: House Spaagen has long tried to distance itself from the frequently-violent turns of court politics, charting a neutral course in the interests of keeping their lands free from war. In this they have mostly succeeded; unfortunately, their excellence in this field of stewardship is not matched in others. Their personal finances are in a perpetual state of disarray, lavish parties, gambling, and a dizzying array of mistresses and bastards draining the treasury dry as fast as their rich, unspoiled lands can fill it back up. The only thing that seems to be able to get the Spaagens to show financial discipline is an attempt to use their finances as leverage over them, which causes them to swiftly close ranks against the interlopers.

They are sworn to House Cook .

House Name: Mott
Banner: A crowned horse, impaled by three spears
House Colours: Brown and Yellow
Notable Details: The Land House Mott governs a mostly mountainous region, split by wide rivers and plateaus. Because of this (and a long-standing tradition of horses (and horse riding) being seen as innately feminine), most of the men of House Mott serve as footmen. In particular, the knights and men-at-arms of the house often serve as pike-men in large-scale battles, often forming the anvil of the army they serve in; sharp pikes wielded by men head-to-toe in plate.

The men do ride horses when needed, however ... they just do it side-saddle, and never in battle

what's going on here?

Get thread
Check 'em

OP decided to try crowdsourcing the creation of noble houses for an upcoming D&D game.

Kudos for going the extra mile with period technical terminology.

"Fun"!

I did and it fucking rules! I have enough lore here for 10 campaigns. This is way more creative stuff for a living, breathing population of a country than I would have come up with on my own. Veeky Forums you're the best! 10/10 love you

house name: Breitenbach
banner: A black rose on a white field
colors: white and black
While they like to present themselves with a facade of chivalry they are notorious as backstabbers and dirty fighters, believing that victory washes away all dishonor. In recent years they have become quite fond of poison, both for use in battle and as a method to speed up their inheritance. This has led to there being few living members of the house, most of which are quite paranoid due to the nature of their kin.

>house name: Donnersfeld
>banner: A horse rampant
>colors: Gold and green

House Name: Elverog
Banner: An ornamental ancient helmet
Colors: Silver and gold on black
House Elverog remembers the old gods. The old gods merely sleep, they are not dead. House Elverog will be great once more. Feudalism will be no more than a tool of the mighty ones when the old gods awaken, and House Elverog will be their servent once more.

House Elverog (begrudgingly) swears loyalty to House Hanson

House name: Chalkos
Banner: Gules, a Venus symbol Or.
Colors: Gules, Or

The Chalkos originated as a cadet branch of an established noble house further north, but has over the generations grown into a largely independent line, and migrated to the Riverlands. They take their name and symbol from copper mining, the defining feature and source of wealth of the house from which the Chalkos originated.
Their priced heirloom is a suit of ancient bronze armour, inherited from the the distant ancestors of the line's progenitor, and now used as a ceremonial garb.

The Chalkos are sworn to House Leprallo:

House: Ebonpride
Banner: A sable rooster in argent
Motto: Our blood never thins

Members of this house are often held in low esteem, though they claim to be descendants of foreign kings

House name : Steward
Banner : A gauntlet on two crossed torches
Colour : White and blue
House Steward has been taking care of the sire's of other noble houses including the royal house for generations. Almost all of the Kingdom's great leaders has been brought up and whelped within the walls of House Steward's hold.

>only noble house to allow women knights
That seems like a good way to get your house married out of existence or at the very least critically weakened. I doubt they'd be killed in combat anymore than the usual knight, but as soon they are taken for ransom whats keeping the ransomer from just marrying them. Then pressing claims and wanting dowries?

House: Montage
Banner: three white circles
House colors: Red and Blue

A humble house with modest holdings, this house prefers to stay on the sidelines of political affairs.

YES
BEST HOUSE 10/10

House: Casthold
Banner: Black tower on a split field.
House Colours: Blue and White

The House was originally charged with defending the sea mouth of the largest river, to ensure pirates and raiders could not enter the riverlands. As such they are grim and sincere, and refuse to take sides in smaller conflicts, citing their duty as more important. Their impressive military and fortifications ensure they are not coerced either.

House name: Billerre
Banner: two sickles
Colors: White and Crimson