Living in Bumfucktown, Thirdworldistan

>living in Bumfucktown, Thirdworldistan
>friends don't want to play D&D
>can't find any game online without it explicitly needing me to talk in broken english on a mic
>the need to play intensifies everyday to the point I might not be able to contain it

Help me, Veeky Forums. I'm so desperate I might end up joining a RPG forum or something.

Fuck; I thought I posted this on the D&D5e general. Please ignore it.

>father
>Work full time
>Garden in spare time
>Don't know many rules, but have sat in on a few games and had a lot of fun
>Lover of mythology, world building, and occult

I don't have time for games or a group, and vidya bores me most of the time. Maybe I should just write.

Great blog post, tripfag. We're all very deeply invested in your personal life. That's what we all came here for, after all. You're that important.

>no internet to the computer
>phoneposting for the last 5 months
>no job to pay internet
>no ID to get a job

Friday, hopefully...

@49541778
Fuck off. No (___) for you.

Which country?

Get a job you hopeless faggot. This has nothing to do with being a better/good/well rounded person. This has nothing to do with picking yourself up. It has nothing to do with enabling your passion or your life. Its about getting a required baseline for life. Don't think about what you can become, dont think about what you can get, or how you feel about it. Just do it

>i mad

>no ID
>no job

Yet.
>Has a phone
>has a roof over their head probably
>Has food and drink to survive

How in the fuck does this happen to people. Who the fuck is enabling your ass to live like this?

Mexico, but I live in a place so isolated I can barely believe I have internet.

This doesn't change a damn thing, though. But I hope I'm wrong on this and you miraculously help me on this matter.

>literally too dumb to reply to posts

How is that even possible?

My dm is Russian and has a thick accent. It's a great game. Don't stress the accent. It will help you learn.

My dm has to look up translations all the time and we help him at times with vocabulary. The game is fantastic and I wouldn't trade him away.

I live like an hour from the Mexican border, I will smuggle you through if you agree to play Only War/Dark Heresy with me

Like said, it probably won't impact your experience that much. Just find a group of people you can get along with and they certainly won't mind. Just make it clear before you go into the game that there is a language barrier. How broken is your English? Your posts seem fine though. I know written fluency =/= spoken fluency, but you definetly have a grasp of the language

I don't know if the fact that our game is mainly Europeans impacts it though. Maybe there's more understanding of overcoming accents. Not sure though, as all the players are native English speakers and the dm and I are the only bilingual people.

Norte, Centro o Sur?

I'd take your offer if I didn't live in a place so forgotten by God that it has its own economy. I basically live by buying 4 breads and 2 liters of water with the equivalent of 50 dollar cents.
Also, I'm far as fuck from the frontier. Like, days afar from it. At least on car or bus.
Also I'm broke as fuck; subproduct of living in a place that capitalism never touched.
The problem is, I've never, ever spoken english once. All I know is written english. You see, when the only exposure to english you have in your life is some RPG games on the NES, your halftrusty english-spanish dictionary and Veeky Forums, you don't master a language on all fields.
Centro. Guanajuato. In the very same cradle of the Father of Independence.
It's ironic how one of the (supposedly) more important places of our history got so forgotten. Then again, this is Mexico: the land of the short-lived memory.

I'm going to bed soon but if you like I can help you with spoken English some time. Just leave some contact details or something and I'll check in the morning.

I'm a native English speaker, North American dialect.

Ay Im in Irapuato, what you talking about? if you are from la Capital that shit is pretty much First World comapared to the shitholes of Celaya, Salamanca and all those ranchitos around in the state.
Capital, Hidalgo, Leon and Irapuato are pretty ok, thats coming from someone who used to live in the deep south.

Don't worry too much about it, my man. I'm starting to learn by watching videos with subtitles. It's just the fact my english is bad at this point.

Nigga, I'm actually like 2 or 3 hours from Irapuato. I don't go there too often, so I don't really know if there's a D&D scene there.
I only go to the tianguis like every 2 times a year, but I might get some money if you tell where to look there for a weekend game.

Also, I'm from a rancho of Pénjamo. To explain why the poverty and isolation.

Writing sounds like a great idea. There's lots of writing groups on the net where you could find other like-minded people.
Settle down, broheim. You wouldn't have noticed if he was user.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't at least a few Hispanic language themed RPG groups.

Uhm honestly I have never found a group in here, but I have never really tried to look for one yet, my close friends think that even Risk is too nerdy for them so I lost hope with them some time ago, the only thing I know is somewhat alive is Yu-gi-oh groups for some reason, and thats cuz one of my friends was part of the scene some years ago.

There are animefags and vidyafags in here so there is chance for D&D guys to exists in here somewhere...

>can't find any game online without it explicitly needing me to talk in broken english on a mic
You're too self conscious about your accent and limited vocabulary. If you can post on Veeky Forums you're fluent enough for shitty web RPGs.

We had a card game for a while. Mitos y Leyendas. I think they rebooted it recently, but haven't seen it myself. It was cool as fuck.
fuggggg

I just realised what that translated to and had a big burst of nostalgia. Yeah, that was a fantastic game.

I played in some of the first English language tournaments of that, in Australia, years ago. I always wondered why it had such a strong South American/Mexican sort of feel to it, until I realised where it was made.

Yeah, that was a good game. My friend literally burned a Stygian Witch card when he drew it, just to make sure it wouldn't ever be a part of my Control deck at some stage. Good, clean, elegant mechanics.

But I was thinking when I said groups about Spanish speaking online groups. Like, most of the ones I see on Veeky Forums and online are on english speaking websites. Is there a spanish equivalent?

No, you don't understand!
I have never, ever pronounciated a single word in english. I'm probably more incoherent than Sofía Vergara speaking, really.
About the communities online... I've never seen one before, not even in the Ragnarok Online forums I frecuented.
About the card game... It was diesel as fuck, man. Solid mechanics, beautiful art and cool-ass mythological figures all over it. Too bad the game took a powercreep spike so high it would make Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! get ashamed of themselves, and then after that, the publishing company went bancrupt.
Someone told me the game came back with the old mechanics, and less of a powercreep. I still have to find someone on a place nearby that sells them, though. And that would probably mean taking a tour of 4 hours to a big city.

And damn, I didn't knew the game was poplar enough to be known by aussies. The world is full of surprises.

Writing's probably a good idea. It'll let you use any character or setting ideas you have, and if it turns out like shit, you don't have to show it to anyone.

Hang yourself, tripfag.