Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore...

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Uwlla Iillor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The simple fact that there's going to be a model of an Immobilizer-418 that you can have sitting in front of you makes me want to pick up Armada.

whats a good EPT for an autoblaster Kavil?

Predator I'd think.

Picked up the Tie Advanced Prototype - is there a recommended build for it, or do it I just slap PtL and prockets on the Inquisitor and do a Fel impersonation?

Next time, maybe the thread should be started by someone who isn't dumb enough to write the title in the name field instead. Basic literacy is everything that's needed, really. That would be great.

VI to go with your vectored thrusters/engine upgrade.

>Inquisitor
PtL, autothrusters, title, optional prockets
>Valen Rudor
Juke, autothrusters, title, prockets
>Baron
PtL, autothrusters, title or crack shot, homing/concussion missile, chips, title
>Sienar
Prockets, title

How does Colonel Jendon and Redline work together? Redline's "When you acquire a target lock, you may acquire a second lock on that same ship" and Jendons "you may assign 1 of your blue target lock to a friendly ship at range 1", would that mean that Redline can be given one, and automatically get two, or does Redline's ability only trigger when it uses the target lock action on its own?

Acquiring a target lock is not the same as having it assigned, so you only get 1.

Thanks, good to know I was on the right track.

I suspected as much. Was worth a try though.

In other news, pretty fucking stoked to try out the Punisher. God damn this beast.

Give him Unhinged astromech and PTL. Add EU, be the swoopy Y-wing we all dreamt of.

Theory question: With Auto-anything (Blaster, Cannon) is it better to reroll a crit trying for a hit, or not?

Does anyone have any experience with a silhouette 5 ship as their party's main transport? Does it significantly alter the space portion of the game?

Depends entirely on your target. Some ships have 0 agility, others have 4+. I'd say crits are worth keeping only against 0-1 agility ships.

Do it

It's a pretty beastly ship and criminally underrated.

This makes my wee wee feel funny

If either, none or both ships have focus tokens to spend also plays part.

Nice, painted Empire ships look very cool.

Hey thanks for this, I'll take a look.

>no card for mai waifu

It's okay, user. Maybe one day, FFG will remember him.

Nope.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Uwlla Iillor
Update when?

Do it for him.

I was surprised by its dial actually, I did not expect it to be quite as agile (though kinda slow) as it is. The Boost is a surprise too. I can see myself using Deathrain a lot with the free Barrel Roll and then a boost on that. The lack of an Evade action can be detrimental though. Overall, with all that ordnance on it, fucking bring it on with your shit, rebel scum.

The punisher dial stuck me as "meh"... It's basically a Bomber's dial, without the 4-straight, and it's greens shifted down a speed (trades a green 3 straight, and green 2 banks, for green 1 banks). It basically handles like a somewhat clunkier Tie -Bomber. The boost is a nice touch, just don't ever think it's worth putting Autothrusters on... I found that to be the biggest waste of 2pts and a mod slot for the Punisher.

I'm pretty sure the Punsher was meant to be used with TIE Mk 2, though. I mean it's still no ballerina, but for what it is, it's pretty agile.

How comes Ace Azzameen did not received a pilot card for YT-1300 or for any other rebel fighter.
We already have Emon Azzameen card, we have Keyan Farlander and don't even get me started on Maarek Stele.

for X-wing, would people be interested in setting up some sort of Card Swap website/google doc?

Post cards that you have spares of, and cards that you want, trading?

In fairness to Marek Steele, it took almost 4 years before FFG put him in a Defender, and he really needed it.

Also, don't forget Kyle Katarn!

Were still waiting on Nym and Havoc to get models as well. I'm actually a little suprised that hasn't been done yet, given that he's already in Armada.

Is that insignia what I think it is?

Eh... it's alright. It's a shuttle with 3 turns, bleached 3-speed maneuvers, and a 4-K instead of the stop. There are certainly worse dials out there (HWK-290), and the Tie Mk 2 helps it if you're not packing ordnance. But it's biggest bonus of maneuvering is the boost.

Like a lot of undervalues ships, the Punisher is overlooked by players a lot. Deathrain is indeed fantastic, and it is nice to see the Imps with a 9-hull heavy ship that can pack a lot of ordnance.

Ace would probably be on a Scum YT-1300 if they ever get the option of taking one.

They're saving him for the YT-2000.

Pls, FFG, make it happen

just give them a mostly automated Eclipse and pretend you're running Lexx

>running lexx and not the superior Farscape

Just Boba him. Have him in both Rebel and Scum forms, with Scum Ace being lower cost, but Reb Ace having better stats to represent his sharpened skills by the time of the DSII attack.
And yes, he needs his YT-2000 and its infamous cockpit.
I also think a Scum Han would be cool, if they ever added the Starmite to the game.

Scum Lando and Rebel Fel would also be cool. And if Rebels is any indication, maybe we can also hope for Imperial Wedge, possibly in an Interceptor (assuming I'm remembering that trailer correctly).

Yub yub.

>Rebel Fel and Imp Wedge
Please no, I don't want that.
What about Imp Tycho? Did he not flown with Fel? IIRC when he did 1 on 1 with Fel in simulations he literally never won against him.

Well, now that I think about it we have a Scum Sabine which could be pitted against rest of the Phoenix so maybe some alternate-history scenarios wouldn't be that awful.

We also need scum mara (maybe for the goddamn all-faction skipray that they really need to release) and old Luke and old wedge cards, nuHan style

This. Lexx was a meme show, Farscape had actual story to it.

>Old Luke and Old Wedge
If only. I'd love to see them flying StealthXs or XJs with appropriately ridiculous prices and improved (maybe even hilariously broken) versions of their old abilities.

I just want Jaina already.
I figure she'd be PS8 or so, but what would she get for an Ability? Does she get an EPT?

Just give them a native PS of 12, and three EPT slots.

We'll get Old Wedge when the inevitable Young Poe movie comes out, where Wedge is the grouchy old Carrier Boss who takes the cocky little bastard under his wing and makes a proper fighter jockey of him.

>Jaina
EPT, definitely. Wasn't she Rogue Leader at some point? And for an ability, maybe something inspired by one of the Han cards? Alternately, if you also add Jacen, maybe give each of them complementary abilities to incentivize running them as a team.

But Jacen was never that good of a pilot.
Now Jag in a Clawcraft with stupid good synergy for Jaina I could back.

>But Jacen was never that good of a pilot.
Give him a lower PS, then, so Jaina can shoot first and Jag's ability follows up as a one-two punch?

The real question here, though, is what happens if you field Jacen against an opponent with Kylo Ren?

>Jag's
Meant to type Jacen. I really need to proofread this shit.

>what happens if you field Jacen against an opponent with Kylo Ren?
Depends. Is there a hypothetical Ben Skywalker on the table as well?

>rebel Fel
Gross

The Rebs have enough names, don't steal the few we have.

I have two questions that might be tangentially related to one another

1) What is the easiest SW system to pick up and play?
2) Aside from video games (KOTOR and the Kyle Katarn saga) and Timothy Zahn, what is recommended expanded universe material to read, whether canon or not?

>Is there a hypothetical Ben Skywalker on the table as well?
>Ren, Ben, Jacen, Han, Luke, and Leia all in play
That's some Who's on First fodder right there.

>steal
Do you expect the Rebellion to not steal shit? They stole Tycho, Han, Hobbie, Biggs, the T-65, countless TIEs, and the Neb-B.

And look on the bright side. You'd get Interceptor Wedge in exchange.

I painted my ARC today. I loved the original paint job but I wanted it to match the rest of my squadron and I couldnt think of how to do it justice.

So I did a full (sort of) repaint. Painted it white and olive drab and splashed a bit of nuln oil on it

I might do something more exciting with second one, like imitate the razer squadron ARC

But, Fel DID join the New Republic.
He was never an Imperial hardliner, just a man who believed in law and order. After the remains of the Empire had devolved into squabbling, power hungry warlords there was no reason for him to follow any of those shitfucks.
And he even liked flying the X-Wing.

That looks hot, bro. ARCs are so fucking cool.

>ARCs are so fucking cool.
Well they ought to be, they're a Black Widow IN SPAAAAAAAACE, gnomes not required.

I don't remember if she ever commanded the rogues, but she definitely led multiple squadrons in her time.

PS 8, EPT, probably an ability like Han's Crew card, switching focus to hits. Definitely feel like it needs to involve focus somehow, that seems to be the theme with most rebel force users.

Put Jacen at PS 6, give him a synergy power - something to pass to Jaina to trigger her ability which can also be used for others. He would take advantage of activating before her but shooting after.

Honestly, you could do a pretty decent "LEGENDS" box like this. Throw in a couple Antilles kids, some Solos. A Skywalker. PS9 Jag in a Clawcraft. Some junior Wraiths. Incredibly shitty E-Wing generics for the Wraiths to blow up.

>gnomes not required.

But can you bounce in an ARC?

It's space.
The enemy's gate is down.
EVERYTHING is a bounce in space.

A few of the default maneuvers/actions and certain bonuses from Pilot talents are unavailable to Sil 5+, and realistically, it'll be harder for such a ship to try and lose smaller pursuing ships in any hazardous fields; so there's a pretty big shift there in terms of what the pilot can really do in combat in terms of straight flying the ship. So while a pilot with a lot of Pilot talents can still benefit the ship, there's more leeway in allowing you to really shove anyone into the pilot seat and just do something else (ie. if the ship's configuration allows, you could have the high Intellect guy occasionally move the ship, but focusing on doing the Computers/Astrogation actions).

Besides that, there's the other stuff that generally accompanies Sil 5 ships. If there's more guns on the particular ship, it gives more space for people to hop into a gun, bigger size means it might have more powerful guns. Being a bigger size means that attacking Sil 3 Starfighters becomes a bit tougher since they're just at that point where there's a difficulty increase to attack them; but if you have the starfighters run in a squadron formation, you can bump up their silhouette up to 4 to negate it.

It'll be a bit more of a money sink; more fuel, attachments that scale based on Silhouette, more Hull Trauma to possibly repair.

Basically nothing really wrong, but it'll work better with certain party configurations than others, and it brings its own set of bonuses and setbacks.

Depends on what you're used to. So if you're used to, I believe it's 3rd edition D&D, you might find it easier to jump into WotC's Original/Revised (Revised in particular), 3.5/Pathfinder/4e you might be able to jump into Saga easier.

If you haven't played any of the D20 systems, then WEG's D6 will be the easiest because it's just got very simple and easy to learn mechanics.

All that said, FFG's is the best to play, in my opinion, because it really just feels more like Star Wars in capturing the cinematic feel of it. It's a little more difficult to learn than WEG, but you can get a solid grasp of the main mechanics of the system by just playing along in one of the Beginner Games and learning as you go though the included adventure.

I just realized something. You can now run a 30pt Keyan Farlander with nothing but Veteran Instincts (or Wired) and Collision Detector. Take debris tokens, and have him fly through the fucking things with impunity.

It wouldn't be better than a Stay on Target Advanced Sensor build... but it's the cheapest you can go while keeping him effective.

>NEW REPUBLIC LEGENDS box with old Wedge, old Luke, NR Mara Jade (crazy synergy with old Luke), skywalker & solo kids

>IMPERIAL REMNANT LEGENDS box with old Soontir, Jag in Clawcraft (maybe with two generics), Thrawn Crew card, Pellaeon Crew card, maybe I-7 Howlrunners

>SMUGGLER'S ALLIANCE LEGENDS box with Talon Karrde crew, Mara Jade crew & Z-95 pilot, scum Lando YT-1400 pilot & crew, scum Han YT-1400 pilot & crew, Lobot crew

>skywalker
Wouldn't Wedge's kids be more appropriate? Ben hasn't done much combat flying as of the latest point in Legends, seeing as he's still just 18.

Yeah i guess. I haven't read anything after the first Vong book.

Ben would probably make a solid Crew Card to utilize his detective jedi prowess.

Alternatively, his ability is that he's too handsome for female pilots to shoot at.

We can only dream. ;_;

I mean, Disney has set a pretty steep schedule for LF, but FFG is releasing X-Wing in like, two waves a year (and if Wave X actually appears in full in Q4 this year, that'll be like 3 that actually rolled out this year).

So unless we're like pulling Scum Mining Guild TIEs, rebels doesn't look like it's contributing any new ships this season. We've already got Rogue One tie-ins announced, with maybe one final hold-out for the famed "58", and VIII stuff won't be until about this time next year (and heavily depends on what they're actually doing). So if FFG wants to put new ships on the table, they're gonna have to start reaching. Now, late era Legends stuff might be stretching, but still, lot left in that back pocket to mine. And god knows, if it takes long enough, some of that stuff might end up canon anyway. "Competitive balance" is a hell of a drug.

Thanks for responding, I was thinking of giving the party a larger ship with the hangar attachment more as a mobile home, and give the players opportunities to each get a personal swoop/speeder/starfighter a la cowboy bebop style. Thoughts?

Well, as I said earlier, Nym is already in Armada, so he's probably going to get into the game sooner rather than later. So that's one Rebel ship, then there's the Naboo Fighter, which thanks to the recent Comics is now up for grabs, so that's one wave's worth of rebels at least.

The B-Wing Shuttle from TFA is still available as well, considering we haven't seen a ship with a crew and Tech slot yet.

On the repaint side of things, E-Wings still need a fix, some new Y-Wing pilots with native EPT slots would be cool, but with D6, the title, TLT's, Stressbot, Guidance Chimps and the Bomb slot upgrade Y-Wings are as good as they need to be already.
So, an E-Wing with a new Huge ship might be on the agenda. Although what that could be I don't know.
Including a repainted E-Wing with the Hammerhead transports from Rebels wouldn't make much sense since one's Nu-Canon whilst the other is Legends, and the Neb-B is almost certainly too large.

Getting off that topic, as someone rightly pointed out were also still waiting for the YT-2000 for Ace Azazameen to complete our Video Game Protagonist pilot set.

My guess for Rebel Veteran ships is E-Wing with Strike Fighter Refit (cannon slot or point reduction for low PS pilots) title and Z-95 with Heavy-95 title (+1 attack for 3 points) or X-Wing with XJ title though i have no idea what that would do

>E-Wings still need a fix
The issue there is buffing the lesser E-Wings without making Corran even more insane.

maybe a title that gives 2 or 3 points reduction for pilots with PS lower than 4, like wrote. Add to that a PS 4 generic and a PS 6 or 7 named pilot

Make whatever it is take up the astro/system slot so Corran can't take the fix and R2-D2.

Really, this is a problem a lot of Rebels have, they always have at least one pilot with an ability which is reasonably competitive, thus meaning any attempts to enhance the ship broadly have to be carefully tailored. I hear similar things about tuning generic X-Wings needing to take Biggs into account.

Nym/Havoc could also be Scum, since they don't have a heavy bomber atm. There's no scum in Armada and may never be, so that's not wholly indicative.

>considering we haven't seen a ship with a crew and Tech slot yet.

Upsilon will be Crew x2, Tech x2, and Quad is Crew+Tech. So yeah, Rebels will lack a Crew and a Tech option, a Resistance Shuttle or a "B-Wing Mk II" with a Shuttle title could be a thing. That might wait though, say if Mk II Bs were to appear more in the future canon.

My personal money is a Rebel Vets with Xs and Ys because of the coverage the two will get soon between R1 and possibly Rebels 3. Merch wise there's a bit of a fluff with "Partisan X-Wings" going on you could get some new paintjobs out of. Some new EPT pilots for Ys, a chance to bundle in some new mechs (Like Chopper as an Astromech, not a crew), give the X a title which makes it a bit punchier but not necessarily a huge boon to survivability. Or another common fan idea a "Squadron" title for either which gives higher PS pilots an EPT slot if they didn't have one already.

Have you guys played any X-Wing scenario with the reenaction of Trench Run?
Have you guys used the pilots that actually took place in the run or custom ones?
I'd love to reenact it one day.

Somewhere in this release schedule there should be room for at least the Scum Huge ship and hopefully a scum ace pack. But those are always released separate from the main "waves", right?

Firespray with Andrasta title is a pretty heavy bomber.

No love for Booster or Mirax Terrik on the Scum side?

Theme releases do tend to be announced/released seperate from Waves, yeah. Scum I think definitely need it the worst from what I hear.

Those would be Huge ship pilots or crew. Pulsar Skate would be a cool Huge ship for Scum

Well yeah, the Scyk and StarViper need fixes at the least.

StarViper needs some more pilots and a title that reduces it's cost of makes it more cost efficient.

The Scyk though? Mercy me I got no clue. A Title that let's them boost whenever they receive an Evade token? OR lose an evade token?
I mean what was the point of the Scyk supposed to be? It can't be "Scum TIE Fighter" as they had the Headhunter for that role, so... what was it? A Boostless Interceptor with only 2 Attack dice and a massive premium to take secondary weapons? REALLY?

I'm no expert myself, but what i've seen people seems to agree that the scyk is the only ship that currently really, really needs a fix, so yeah.

What I want the scyk to be is a chap little glas cannon, with "cannon" being rather literal. If they could simply make "Heavy Scyk" 0 points, that would have been enough. Since they wouldn't outright change a card like that, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Scum, I hear, is the triple threat. Sycks really need a boost because they're too fragile and too costly with the title to utilize in normal play. StarViper generics are weak because you can only give one the title for the bonus upgrades it really could use. And Kihraxz are similar to T-65 X-Wings in that they occupy kind of an "all-around" space which doesn't work so well for the game and don't have the pilot variety you have with X-Wings. Vectored Thrusters covers a multitude of sins though.

I meant like a K-Wing or Punisher, something with one or more of each of the three ordinance slots, including a torp slot for possible Extra Munitions.

There was some rampant speculation in one of these threads weeks back when people came up with theyr own ideas for fixing the scyk, there were a few crazy ideas around. As for it's role, they could pretty much be assigned any new role FFG can come up with by giving it new "fix"-cards.

1/2

Its Queen of the Empire, let's go fucking nuts. Human Replica Droids! Mofferences! Weddings! MURDER!

SPIN demonstrates a Princess Leia Human Replica Droid that can fire blaster bolts from its eyes. This is demonstrated by the droid shooting one of the Chadra-Fan scientists who built it. Han & Leia fly him to Chad for medical treatment, which is a planet with thick air pollution from the massive dairy industry on the world because [Ham-Fisted Ecological Message]. Anyway, the little guy gets a second heart installed and Han proposes marriage to Leia, and the two decide to elope to Hologram Fun World.

Turns out Lando now runs Hologram Fun World after Zorba took over Bespin, and has been making it so successful that he's been leeching tourists away from Cloud City. Zorba and his goon squad show up to cause trouble, learn Leia's there, and arrange an elaborate capture during a stage show by “Bithabus the Mystifier.”

Hissa and the Moffs which should be somebody's band name have a Mofference about what to do next. Hissa has “recovered” from his injuries on Duro, and now has robot arms and a hoverchair for a lower body because the acid ate away his hips. All of a sudden, the Zorba Express drops into their lap, and they capture the Hutt. Zorba was en route to Tatooine so he could execute Leia, but the Moffs make a surprising discovery: the real Trioculus frozen in carbonite aboard the Express. They quickly thaw him out and capture Zorba, and once he learns Leia's there too, Trioculus makes immediate plans for a wedding.

Well, the beauty of a lot of those Scum ships from SWG is that they're supposed to be super modular - which reflects players abilities to customize. This was the way the original Syck title was intended, but FFG erred on the side of caution and it's not worth the cost.

The Kihraxz is the same way. It even says in it's flavor text it's "versatile" and has "an array of after-market modification kits", but it's just missile slot and illicit slot, and the pack doesn't come with any mods suited for it.

2/2

They reach Tatooine, Trioculus drops Zorba into the Pit of Carkoon, and Hissa proudly officiates wedding passages from the Dark Book of Imperial Justice. Good day to be Trioculus, right?

Wrong. “Leia” shoots lasers from her eyes that burn through the would-be Emperor's chest because Luke, Han, Lando and Ken snuck aboard with the Leia HRD and made the switch.

As Hissa guns down the Leia HRD, Trioculus lies on the deck of the Moffship dying and below them, Zorba the Hutt crawls out of the Pit of Carkoon laughing, because not even the Sarlacc wants to eat a Hutt.

This...this is pure madness. The only way to not get a headache in reading it is to surrender to it. This is why people still talk about Jedi Prince. This is why people READ Jedi Prince. And there's one book to go. Its not nearly as entertaining

You're doing good work. Is this peak ridiculous for the EU?

Saw it a game store today. Its bigger than the Victory, but not quite as big as the ISD.