The green one is the worst of the cycle

>the green one is the worst of the cycle
>another junk mythic for green
>just a dumb beater

What? Veeky Forums was once again totally wrong about something Magic related? Color me surprised. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know which threads you were reading, but there were several people calling it shit all the way through.

But a bunch of anons thought if was the best one.

Yes... that's the point mate.

Will sink like titanic.

How else am I meant to get it for EDH?

I didn't know Veeky Forums set preorder prices

>that power creep within the same set
5 mana gets you:
>a 4/4 trampler, situationally a 6/6 only on attacks
>5/4 trampler and 5 life
>8/8 trampler, can distribute 4 of the power and toughness across other bodies
Guess which is the common, which is the uncommon, and which is the mythic :)))

Even 8€ here in europe. Just standard idiots and speculators.

Yeah but this is also an artifact so it's more vulnerable.

And also easier to find or cheat out, and is more synergetic.

Something I don't think people realize is that the majority of people shitting on newly spoiled cards are analyzing them in the context of nonrotating formats.

>price indicates in-game worth
Phyrexian obliterator must be amazingly playable by that metric.

> fair criticisms
> Veeky Forums is bad at magic

>fair criticisms

Fair doesn't mean reasonable.

Just another big, dumb green thing is a reasonable criticism

Green is getting more and more bland

That is not a valid argument against power level or playability.

tfw I didn't preorder the 10 I had in my cart on TCG player for 6ea because of stupid reasons

>take uncommon
>push stats to extreme
>call it a mythic

/thread

Still better than shit like Archangel's Light.

This

It's pretty close to Lotus Cobra in terms of "fuck you". There is nothing even close to legendary or interesting about this card. It's literally just an uncommon bear with an enter counter effect only magnified to help Maro's wallet.

I can't wait until they keep pushing this shit and just make a vanilla 3 mana 7/7 with no abilities and make it mythic to cash out

just look at this huge list of Top 8 decks that play him!

^This

No one really cares about Standard here, Modern and EDH are the largest with Vintage coming behind.

>card is bad because it doesn't show up in top 8 lists
>the card isn't even legal yet

>Card is good because it's expensive!!

I bet you thought Tamiyo was good when it was $20 too, then it crashed like a rock after a few weeks when everyone realized no decks ran it.

You're trying to deflect to hide your stupidity.
It's not going to work.
You literally suggested that a card which is legal in 0 Constructed formats is bad because nobody has put it in a top deck for a Constructed format.

You're a fucking idiot with an overused gif. OP said "Card is good because it commands a high price!" I responded with "No decks run it." This carries the implication that the price on the card is due to SPECULATION OF VALUE, not ACTUAL VALUE. That's why I brought up Tamiyo being $20, which was also a high price due to SPECULATION OF VALUE, which crashed when it's ACTUAL VALUE ended up to be much, much less.

You're kind of an idiot. He's talking about cards that have outrageous prices because people think they'll be great and end up being shit.
Remember Thing in the Ice?

No decks run it because it's not legal in any format.
You know, this remind me of a song. I'm sure it's about you.
youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4

titi sees play in modern.

oh man you just totally slayed me with all the hottest may mays.

Go back to /v/ you fucking retard.

You don't seem to grasp the hilarity of the situation. Here, walk with me back to where it started.
>just look at this huge list of Top 8 decks that play him!
>........
The argument here is a response to green Gearhulk's price stating that green Gearhulk isn't a good card because it's in no top 8 decklists.
So, that in itself is a terrible argument (if we can even call a statement with no support an argument), but we're not going down that rabbit hole.
The issue here lies in the fact that the Gearhulk is a card from Kaladesh. Now, Kaladesh hits shelves on the 30th and until that time, cards from Kaladesh are not legal in any Constructed format. And that's where the big conflict is.
How can a card that is completely and totally illegal in all Constructed formats make a top 8 appearance? It can't. Thus, its lack of position in top 8 decklists can't be used against it because it literally can't be in those lists yet.
tl;dr you can't use a card's lack of appearance in decks against it when it can't show up in decks in the first place.
I'm not saying price determines a card's playability, that's just what he's saying because he realizes he's screwed up and needs to turn it around somehow, which is by painting me as something I'm not to make me look wrong instead. It's a behavior typical of /b/tards and /v/irgins. Speaking of which,
>makes arguments without supporting them
>the attempted support is a rubric that can't yet be applied to the card
>immediately tries to deflect and change the topic to something more favorable
The only thing here carrying the stench of /v/ is you. Perhaps you should be returning there yourself.

On Veeky Forums last week, no one could agree on which Gearhulk is the best but everyone was agreeing on the fact that they are all great

At least we can agree in which one is the worst.

The red one?

Yep.

>making a DisplacerHulk deck
>Try to include Green, White and Black hulks
>Take out Green and White hulks, add Linvala Gonti, and Angel of Onvention
>Take out displacers

This is like the time I tried to make a Splinter Titan deck and ended up with a generic three-colour titan deck.

As an EDH player, it's good.

The problem is, prices are dictated by standard players and modern players. If a card is dominate in standard, it's expensive. If that same card can be played in a popular modern deck, it's very expensive. If that card is legacy playable, unless it's gamebreaking in modern or standard, it'll be prized amalgam.

That card is good value, end of discussion. Is it worth more than Kalonian Hydra? Fuck no. Not even close. Is it worth more than $5? No, five dollars is about right.

I'm more upset that the planeswalkers are the only expensive cards in the set due to the masterpeices. Some things are neat, but this whole super legendary mythic reprint thing is horseshit in my opinion. It helps out the secondary market, it's inherently detrimental to anyone who wants to get into another format, and wants one of those staples. Sol Ring is 4 canadian dollerydoos, but the reprint is $150. In what world will that reduce the price of the original commodity? Sure, it comes in every commander deck ever, but it's also a format staple that seems like it's going to get a price hike. The lightning greaves is $50 for fucks sake.

It is shit. The card is expensive now because people like you refuse to see it.

Masterpiece reprints won't help bring down card prices but won't make them rise either

If anything, the masterpiece reprints will drive the price of the normal varieties down. Why would Johnny WalletFucker want a poor, PLEBIAN version of Lightning Greaves when he can have the AMAZING one instead?

>johnny walletfucker sees someone crack a masterpeice of a legacy card he didn't know about
>immediately wants one, but can't quite afford frivolous bullshit at impossible rarities
>buys a copy of an earlier print
>shits all over timmy durdlehump with his stupid artifact shenanagains
>timmy durdlehump gets pissed, buys the earlier print and becomes spike johnnyfucker after tuning his deck
>this creatues an escalating arms race across everyone these two plays with, wanting the cards that gained exposure to their masterpeice reprints
>sol ring goes from $2 to $5 to $10 back down to $7
>the same is true for every single EDH staple reprint
>swords of X and Y become worth $100 each for older versions

That would happen even if they didn't do the masterpiece/expedition shit.

But, instead of reprinting them at mythic or rare, or in an actual set like Eternal Masters, they dumped them at ultra super legacy rare within a regular set, AND made them limited playable, which ensures that anyone who is unfamilar with those cards will instantly associate them with the expedition/masterpiece version, as well as getting absolutely shit on in draft by someone with one.

All they had to do was reprint one of those cards at mythic every expansion set like Conspiracy or Modern Masters. You could even make them "ghost mythic" like kaya in conspiracy with a regular version and a fancy version. Instead, they basically slapped a bunch of brand new players with their metaphorical cocks and are going to inflate the price of a ton of things through "exclusive" reprints.

The secondary market should be happy, but it's not good for the integrity of the game.

Fun fact: The Gearhulks were made by development and not by design. It was past pro players who wanted a pushed mythic rare cycle for Standard.

>letting pro players design anything
Jesus fuck, when will Wizards learn?

When people keep blaming Maro for everything.

>past pro players who may or may not beread: are part of secondary market websites like Channelfireball and SCG

Don't try to shift blame away from where it's due, user.

To be honest, I want to see a 6/6 GGGG vanilla that's on the line of Kalonian Tusker and Leatherback Baloth.

Yes, and?

It's not half bad, though I'd argue the noxious gearhulk is much better.

I think it's funny people complain about green getting the short end of the stick out of all the fucking colors in magic right now.

The latest sets have almost always had redonk green shit. Green is WOTC's favored child right now.

People are still stuck in the "Wow BFZ was so fucking awful for green!" mentality. Then again pretty much every color has lost its uniqueness and at any one point, it's solely about "which color has the most efficient cards?" Right now it's probably bant eldrazi although there's nothing outside of creature strategies anyways. Standard is fucked, modern is fucked, even legacy to a point although at least there's decent options there.

Wizards will never get over their creatureboner because they think putting free spells as ETBs on every creature is good design. Even a lot of the POTENTIAL downsides to creature ETBs would never make it in. Imagine if FTK was printed now - it would be a "you MAY deal 4 damage to target creature" just to make it more kid friendly.

Enchantments are typically boring pump effects or the one generic mill effect we seem to always have in rotation, or alternatively useless garbage along the lines of "pump out a million 1/1s". Removal is so much weaker than creatures, and there are so many creatures with removal or powerful ETB effects tacked on, that 90% of it is shit.

In short better pay up for what IS good, AKA rares and mythics, we'll just make all the good cards green right now because people really love creatures and green is all about them! :^)

I don't agree with everything you say but I do agree that one of the reasons green is so favored is because Wizards is all about making the greatest creatures and green is the color of the best creatures. But it's more than that too, really, they also get the best creature support spells like CoCo and birthing pod.

I just want them to print some decent removal, not this 'searing spear that can't hit players' or 'cancel with a downside' all at uncommon. fuck that.

We knew that before the red one was spoiled.

Most of what you said is correct.
You're wrong about removal tho.
Removal is still cheap and strong for the speed of the format and creatures have no reliable protection. The problem resides in a few cards:
Gideon/Nissa with Token Spam, Tireless Tracker ability to not only replace itself, but to draw an amazing number of cards, Thought-Knot-Seer's ability to fuck your hand.
These cards cannot be controlled effectively without having to resort to WB, and worse, you have to run some of them yourself.

Phyrexian Obliterator is literally the best mono black creature ever printed, are you retarded?

I think you mean Juzam Djinn. The most expensive, and thus playable, of all black creatures.

I WANT TO PUT THIS IN MARCHESA

FUCK