Is there anything more cancerous to good storytelling than Humanity Fuck Yeah! ?

Is there anything more cancerous to good storytelling than Humanity Fuck Yeah! ?

Yes, complaining about HFY

Is there anything more cancerous to this board than you ?

People complaining about it. Let it die and be forgotten.

eh humanity fuck ya is almost always better than what is essentially the zerg that everyone always wants to put in their shit because they lack the ability to make interesting enemies

>muh old Veeky Forums

Sure there is! How about when the aliens come down to teach foolish humanity some vital lesson that just happens to line up with the author's pet political cause?

>Is there anything more cancerous to good storytelling than Humanity Fuck Yeah!
Yes, there is. Let me list some.
>People who constantly complain about HFY
>People who shove their fetish into everyone's face
>Pro and Anti Skubs
>D&D memes
>"Lolrandomdumb;^)" fags
>This list
>OP
>Op's mom

arbitrarily writing off a whole subject matter because the examples you cherry pick to attack it do not meet your nebulous standards

>Pro and Anti Skubs
Fuck off you cuck.

Yep. Blanket statements lacking any nuance and not considering context. They're more toxic than any individual trope or storytelling conceit ever could be.

>Fuck off you cuck.
Fuck off Skubfag.

Anti-skubbers should be round up and shot.

its "lolrandumb"

/Thread ?

Hate both anti and pro-skubbers, because all they talk about is skub. "Skub is awesome!" "Skub is shit!" I don't give a shit about skub, stop shitting up threads with skub shilling and anti-skub propaganda.

I like the HFYs where there's no fighting, just cutesy stuff.

Using the word "cancer" in reference to anything but epidemiology. Or astrology.

Well Avatar was more humanity going to the aliens and then them teaching the folls a vital lesson that happened to line up with the author's pet political cause, but HFY was a direct reaction to that.

I suppose the phrase "come down" was unnecessarily limiting. Sometimes we meet the preachy aliens some other way, you're quite right.

and the caption of this image was never said in the movie

it was from a warhammer 40kxavatar fanfic

>warhammer 40kxavatar fanfic
If there's a Avatar 2, I'm kind of hoping for that. It's never sat right with me that the blueberries won as they did, and then humanity never came back pissed off. "Gosh, I suppose we learned our lesson about fucking with nature," said the corporate CEO. "Guess we should just give up and never try again," replied his board of executives.

Also I want a good sci-fi movie where the bad guy wins in a satisfying way

Humanity fuck yeah is arrogant, self-aggrandizing dribble and people who like it are some of the most intellectually lazy fucks out there. It's literally a toxic meme that distracts people from taking action with thoughts of "everything is fine, we're great." It's fucking disgusting.
>how can you be arbitrarily write a whole subject matter off user?
For the same reason I've written off homeopathic medicine and faith healing. It's bullshit for easily manipulable suckers.

However, don't let my objections get in the way of your feel good fantasies. Just don't mind the fact the Earth is teetering on the edge of an environmental catastrophe that will most likely cause our overly complex globalized civilization to collapse by the end of this century. This COULD be avoided if concrete action was taken politicians within the next two decades but seeing as humans are selfish morons at the best of times that is unlikely. Say hello to your future grandchildren for me (I'll probably have died of some antibiotic resistant plague by then).

That's never going to happen, user. The simplistic storytelling wouldn't allow for a truly engaging narrative to take place, and James Cameron seems more interested in making money and blowing his load over special effects than telling a compelling or simple story anymore.

Before he was just a thinking man's Michael Bay, a producer of pretty good and iconic action schlock. Now he brands himself and artist and visionary because he made Titanic, "The Greatest Love Story Ever Told," and has decided to repeat the formula of a mind-numbingly simple romance and story set in the most excessive and indulgent of locations that a billion dollars worth of special effects budget can buy.

It's just a reaction to the overabundance of preachy apocalyptic fantasies spewed by authors with more liberal guilt than storytelling skill. People like a bit of variety in their fiction.

Hey fuck you, OP's mom is tight. That's why OP is brain damage his mothers tight cunt squashed his head as he was coming out.

>distracts people from taking action
What the fuck are you even on about?
>It's bullshit for easily manipulable suckers
Again this seems to be coming from something, but your still pulling it out of your ass just to have an argument.

He's realized that he can make twice as much money if he draws in the people who like spaceships AND the people who like mushy simplistic romance. Oh well. We'll always have the first two Terminators.

Who said I was talking about her vagina?

What exactly is so cancerous about HFY?

Some of its pretty okay.

You sound like the most anti fun person I've ever had the pleasure of not meeting.

You pretentious cunt.

It's a cyclical thing.

People start hating stories where Humanity is scrubs, so they copy paste stories where Humans are all Conan.

Then people get tired of that copypasta and want stories where 'Umies aren't killemall types.

Then the 40kids get mad and the cycle starts again. It might all be less annoying if there were less copy pasting of all the same stories.

So it's more of a matter of 'authors' rehashing the same basic plot and storylines?

It's more of a Veeky Forums thing, the whole 'Everything is a repost'.

But unless we are going to post our own PC stories, we should let this thread lie.

Yeah, that's some truth right there, made me a little more disappointed in the movie world. A man can dream though...a man can dream.

It also gets old having humans as "average". Weaker than the strong race, younger than the old race, et cetera. It can be interesting to take another perspective.

The James Cameron of thirty years ago might very well have made a version of Avatar where the humans, while still the bad guys, actually won.

Or at the very least done more to make it like a Vietnam movie instead of a rehash of Pocahontas tropes.

"Retief's War", a Keith Laumer novella, is basically Avatar with the main character as a master diplomat. It's in the Baen free library, I do recommend it.

Not a fan of Starship Troopers, eh?

Jesus Christ, can you people enjoy anything without overanalyzing and complaining about it?

>Jesus Christ, can you people enjoy anything without overanalyzing and complaining about it?

But user, that's how we enjoy things.

Cultural Marxism. Don't worry, we're fighting it.

>40k
>HFY

40k is as "Humanity,fuck no" as possible, and I hate everyone who thinks otherwise

Except that everyone else is even worse. Except maybe the Tau. Or the Squats.

You can't argue that a lot of stories don't take tips from there.

Besides, lots of people don't understand the sarcasm and irony of it.

>"40K is le ironic" meme

Kill yourself please.

This.

Typical Skubfag, has no real argument so escalates straight to threats.

HFY is the only thing that makes storytelling enjoyable

Also, HFY is a nice contrast to the plethora of sci-fi works that featured aliens coming down to earth and proclaiming the whole "FOOLISH HUMANS YOU WILL BE OUR SLAVES OR BE DESTROYED LIKE THE PRIMITIVE SAVAGES YOU ARE" thing.

After seeing earth subjugated or humanity wiped out by 10 different "vastly superior" alien species it got tiresome. Stories where we can hold our own or where we ourselves are the ones with the power over the aliens themselves are better.

Because hey, fuck xenos.