twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LMAO TARFIRE

I claim this thread in the name of the cutest Hitler

dead thread
dead format
sell your goyfs
play frontier you scrubs

>frontier
Is the most boring pile of shit they've tried yet. Standard + for literal poor people

I think you mean Khans standard with shadows and kaladesh. Aka Khans standard cause the rest pale in power level.

>play frontier you scrubs

At least name it Postmodern you faglords.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-09-16-mardu-superfriends/
How am I looking?

I play Owling Mine and Skred-White because I don't like winning games, I just like making other people lose.

Skred-White has Nahiri, 4x Blood Moon and 4x Anger of the Gods to really make people shit their pants.
>who the fuck runs Anger main
is a question I get asked more often than you'd think.

Owling Mine has dropped all the Owls, and the slots are taken up by Fevered Visions, which in testing churn out more damage more reliably. It means you can't SSG an Owl out t1 any more but that's ok.

>>who the fuck runs Anger main
scapeshift

> playing a solved format with a $1000 entry cost

There's barely any point to brewing for this format because all the tier-1 decks are solidly in place. Half the point of MtG is creative deckbuilding, the gameplay itself is barely fun and a much more enjoyable play experience could be constructed in a non-TCG setup. Therefore customization is half the game. Take away that, and add on a 500 dollar entry cost, and you've got an autistic money sink that provides less for more.

So I'm running the stock spoils Ad Nauseam list with Sleight of Hand replaced with Anticipate. My reasoning is that you can instant speed look for Pact if something game-ending is about to resolve (Scapeshift efc), play around Remand/Mana Leak to some extent, get some value out of K-commanded Prisms and that it digs 1 card deeper. Convince me otherwise.

Just go back to the frontier thread. This is just sad. You clearly don't know the premise of competitive environments.

I'll give you a hint, it's not muh snowflake decks

>playing magic isn't fun
Why should I care what you think then?

>the gameplay is barely fun
Then why play at all?

>solved format
yikes

There can be innovation in existing archetypes.

Is that WotC-speak for "keep buying cards as we make the same sets over and over again"?

>You clearly don't know the premise of competitive environments.

Dumping 1000 bucks into a stack of shitty cardboard and having to go mad learning how to win so you can recoup your investment, is a competitive environment? I mean I guess so, in the same way that a horde of Jews running from an MG42 is a competitive environment.

You do understand most game stores make most of their "money" from Magic, right? So someone's gonna lose money, no matter what. And more likely than not, it's going to be you.

> "Look ma! I found another 3-card combo that might give me a card advantage one in 300 times! See? There's still plenty of design space to explore!"

no shit the thread goes nowhere if people just reply to low tier bait

start with filtering frontier

>investment
There it is again. I'm not investing in anything. I'm throwing my money to the wind for some fun and you can't seem to comprehend it.

We're not all penny pinching floor scrubbers

You're a retard and an obviously butthurt casual. You look like such an idiot when you speak without knowing. Do all of us and yourself a favor and just stop.
>deck building is half the game
Gotta be fucking kidding me.

>Dumping 1000 bucks into a stack of shitty cardboard and having to go mad learning how to win so you can recoup your investment, is a competitive environment? I mean I guess so, in the same way that a horde of Jews running from an MG42 is a competitive environment
Thanks for the laugh. Haven't seen stupidity on this level for a long time

$1000 is a lot of money to some people.
Woah

Worth bording into controll deck?

Hi, what so you think about my Deck?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cunning-jeskai-sledgehammer/
Any suggestions?

I run one main one side in Esper

It does some things that Path and Verdict can't.

Personally I dislike path due to fact it ramps the opponent.
It's either Bolt or Helix for me.

Yes. Blows out certain decks when they don't see it coming.

Such as? Who gets blown out by this card?

>Is another Frontier is better format shitpostier
If your format is so good why your general is just people shitposting about how other formats are better? Is your general so bad that you have to come here and be the troll? You have your containment thread to brew your shit, go post there. Oh wait nobody actually cares about it and are just complaining. Sure is a more fun format

So what incentives are there for play MTGO? I play 10 bucks to sign up, buy my virtual deck and then just win more virtual cards? I have read that there isn't even a ranking system. Why play MTGO instead of 3rd party?

Infect and suicide zoo and bogles can get blown out potentially.

Pretty much the biggest reason to play mtgo is to play magic whenever you want. As for what it offers over xmage and cockatrice, you get a much larger playerbase, things like drafting and other special events, and I know this sounds like a joke, but your virtual collection is worth something.

>drafting
XMage has that, and I think Cuck does too.

>b-but user, you're just scared that frontier is going to replace modern. t-this is the direction that wizards is going eventually!

Frontierfags actually believe this.

>Tfw survived an emrakul thanks to Blessed
Card is great as a singleton mainboard, the whole escalate cycle is good imo.

>We're not all penny pinching floor scrubbers

Neither am I. I make 42 dollars an hour. I also don't spend it on stupid-ass shit.

It's a lot of money to spend on cardboard. That's okay, though, magic cards are easy as fuck to steal. I've probably ripped off my FLGS of about 500 bucks so far. That's what they get for putting 2 to 3 dollar cards in open binders.

>$42 an hour
lol

I bought a Necropotence from my LGS once for $6 or so and when I took it out of the sleeve at home, there was a second one. I took it back, of course, and I can't really imagine doing anything else.

It's not like you can run two copies of it.

My dad works at Nintendo

Just making a point.

We should spam Aarón forsythe Twitter asking for unbans the next season. That the format is fine should be an incentive to explore

you should start calling its howling visions if you removed the owls. Also have you tried spiteful visions in the deck for added walker removal?

I was away for the summer and suddenly Abzan Company isn't a deck anymore? What gives? Is it that horribly positioned?

It was only a deck because it could beat eldrazi winter. I never found it that great.

Easily hated out and all it's creatures are easy to kill with the exception of finks. Folds hard to blood moon too.

With the printing of grim flayer, abzan went back to midrange

Too many Grafdigger's Cage around. Literally everyone plays it now that Dredge is a Tier 1 deck.

Is there any reason not to run junk instead of jund if I don't have the kalitases?

You look like an idiot desu ohana

LINGERING SOULS

Bad, move on.

With Bant Eldrazi, Death's Shadow and Titanshift being a good part of the meta Path is much better than Bolt

Bretty good

You should run fewer shocklands, though.
8 fetches
5 shocks
5 basics
1 colorless utility land
4 manlands
1-2 checklands
Would be a better manabase.

Path isn't much better against Titanshift, it actually helps their game plan. Abzan typically runs 4-5 instant speed removal that hits Prime-Time; 4 Paths and either 1 Slaughter Pact or 1 Murderous Cut. Jund usually runs 3-4 instant speed removal that hits Prime-Time; 2-3 Terminate and 1 Slaughter Pact. The matchup really isn't that much better.

yes, it fucks infect hard
it also takes out emmy if you get the chance, super underrated card. I've lost a lot of games because I didn't expect it

I can't imagine you bolting a fucking kalitas, tasigur or grown up tarmo

I love gaining life against infect! Probably better against boggles.

Sacrifice attacking creature is what makes it good
It's removal that gets around all of infect's protection, it trips up players that don't expect it
However if they get smart it can be useless

Just cast it for two against Infect. It beats Vines and Blessing. The Infect player will usually attack with one creature because of Exalted.

Celestial Flare has been in the format for a while and I don't remember it seeing modern play. Is Blessed Alliance better enough for it to see play?

Alliance's other modes are decent enough for it to see play post board
Flare is double white and doesn't really do much, alliance can do alright against burn, infect, and midrange with untap mode. i'd say it's alright in control as a 2-of and maybe a 3-of in DnT

Yeah, it's strictly better than flare since it covers a lot of shit. Plus the infect/boggle chucklefuck will never see it coming.

Not quite. Flare can get rid of blocking creatures.

If you're playing Alliance, chances are you aren't so aggressive that the enemy is block, especially in this meta

eggs is funny as fuck with aetheworks marvel and era of innovation
I don't know why the cucks at gathering magic thought that going for less lotus blooms and reshapes made sense though

All the hits I get are from at least a year ago, can you provide a link to the list or video?

gatheringmagic.com/carlosgutierrez-09272016-hardboiled/ this came out today, but I made some changes to make it more like the old, busted lists and mine look like pic related
you can really abuse era of innovation with faith's reward since you can stack the triggers so that when it comes into play with all your artifacts you sac a lotus bloom to pay for 3 of the ETB effects and essentially get a free draw 3 and it feels absolutely nuts

Oh, I hadn't noticed that you need to pay for Era's energy, that makes it substantially worse than I thought but it still looks promising. I'll give it a read tomorrow, gracias amigo.

Goddamn is Veeky Forums bad at Magic.

I've been tweaking it, you can go off as early as turn 3 with great luck but the flaw of the deck is sometimes you get really bad hands
I also threw in some mox opals over codex shredder, marvel, and a KCI, and turned the citadels into islands

Should I include 1 r/w fastland in my boros burn deck?

Exactly this.

Modern is quite fucking litteraly a bunch of 14-45 year old autistic rejects who are delusional to the point of spending 500- 1000$ on 75 MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF CARDBOARD... PER. DECK. And then dick battling with said 1000$ cardboard and implying that anyone who spent 100$ on their deck is wasting thier money and time and then proceed to rip those same players off for anything remotely valuable they might have.

Like honestly that money could buy a new hd tv downpayment on house or car bus pass for a year.
Food to last 3 entire months. A few ounces of weed.
A month of drinking at the bar. Home improvements. A new apartment.

Fucking anything and you faggots chose to waste your money on THIS. A bunch of fucking card board that people like alpha investments purposefully buys out EVERYTHING he can get his hands on just so you will have to pay double or triple in the future.

What the fuck is wrong with you??
Humanity really can't be this fucking stupid can it?

Fuck this shit game and its shitty community.

u mad white boi?

>stop liking what I don't like!!! REEE

For what it matters I wholly agree with you. I enjoy the game but hate it for all the reasons you listed.

The only way I justify such ridiculous spending behavior is friends. This is something I can enjoy with my friends. I think it's stupid as fuck but I'm not poor and I'm happy to have something in common to do with people I enjoy the company of.

To be honest, I'd rather just sit at home put some meat in the smoker at noon and have everyone around for a barbeque and beer for the price of a Scalding Tarn and bullshit until midnight. But the thing is that people want to do things and be excited about doing things.

So I buy into this stupid fucking game that I used to enjoy. Because it brings us together.

I'm not particularly thrilled about making friends from the people I meet in Magic, they're pretty much 95% scum as you've said. Their priorities in life are broken simply because they're playing this game outside their financial means.

what is the best version of elves?

As an Esper player I fear Gb with Shaman the most, but the white splash might give you better sideboard options against this crazy format.

Why is Burn always good but not great?

Because it's good but bit great

because burn is literally "each card directly converted to an efficient unconditional mana to damage ratio" and that has to be balanced to be not overwhelmingly strong because its easy to play and hard to answer. its a standard point that many cards are balanced around. for example, atarka's command can give you like 6 damage for 1 card as long as you have dudes, but that's a caveat that zoo manages to get around by running efficient dudes.

basically, being usually uninteractive (unless absolutely necessary) non-combo kill, it's the standard to compare great and not so great decks to for speed or interaction.

There's almost no reason in Boros burn to not run multiple fast lands

I'd try maybe a 2/3 split between sacred foundry and the fast land

tfw getting a dank 50 damage banefire off with eggs on turn 4 against jund
>why no pyrite spellbomb
im too fucking lazy to go through those motions

esper control?

>
Sylvan Primordial did nothing wrong.

how does new Thalia do in death and taxes?

Yep.

You want a list, or something?

Oh God no.

sure

behold, the ultimate meme deck

I must play it

poorfag detected

maybe get a good job and pay for what you like

A real money sink would be a format where your cards become worthless IE standard.

Fucking retard.

You sound like a broke bitch. If you like playing magic than you have to understand the secondary market is part of it and the game is run by supply and demand, like EVERYTHING in the world. Fucking poorfags, man. Gotta try and ruin everything.

3 Snapcaster Mage
1 Vendilion Clique

4 Path to Exile
3 Spell Snare
4 Think Twice
2 Logic Knot
1 Negate
1 Blessed Alliance
4 Esper Charm
4 Cryptic Command
2 Sphinx's Revelation
2 Secure the Wastes

3 Supreme Verdict

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
3 Island
2 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Mystic Gate
2 Ghost Quarter

SB:
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Thoughtseize
2 Extirpate
1 Duress
1 Dispel
1 Negate
1 Blessed Alliance
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Wrath of God
2 Baneslayer Angel
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion

>tfw I want to play jund but no $2000 of disposable income

>14-45 year old
that's a pretty specific range, do people turn 46 and just immediately sell all their modern decks?

Is there something about to signifigantly change in Moderen next Friday that people would rather play it than Standard decks that are about to cycle out? And yes, I'm talking about people who have Standard decks.

People who sold their standard decks before they hit rock bottom maybe?

Yes. It's the law.

I have a rulings question:

I have Maosoleum Wanderer and Anafenza spirit in play and 2 mana up. Opponent plays Scapeshift and leaves two mana up. In response I cast Rattlechains, triggering MW ability and Anafenza and bolstering MW, which now has a PT of 3/3. Can I hold priority after the triggers resolves so I can sacrifice MW to counter Scapeshift?